KSI vs Logan Paul

What You Need to Know Before the KSI and Logan Paul Rematch Fight

Two YouTube celebrities are putting down their cameras and lacing up their boxing gloves.

The internet broke on Aug. 25, 2018, and all credit goes to Logan Paul and KSI. Two of the world’s most prominent YouTubers put down their vlog cameras, picked up boxing gloves and slugged it out in Manchester, England in front of a sold-out crowd of over 21,000 people. Millions of people from all over the world tuned in to the pay-per-view event via YouTube, in what is said to be the biggest non-professional boxing match in history — a boxing match that ended in a draw.

Over a year later, on Nov. 9, 2019, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, the vlog cameras are being put down again and the gloves are coming back on. But this time, the two warrior YouTubers have turned pro; no headgear and 10-ounce gloves guarantee that this fight will be much bigger than the first one and might go down as one of the most renowned boxing matches ever within the realm of YouTube.

Meet Logan Paul

Even if you won’t admit it, you’ve probably heard of Logan Paul.

As the older brother of the equally infamous Jake Paul, Logan is an undeniably big personality that’s every bit as large as the man himself, considering that he stands at 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs nearly 200 pounds

Logan began his career at a very young age, using his creativity to broadcast on the now-dead Vine platform. He quickly became a household name that is loved and hated by millions in equal proportions but cannot be ignored. There is not much (good or bad) that this famous YouTuber hasn’t done; if you can think of it, there is a good chance that he has done it.

https://youtu.be/f66cUh1-ltk

The man is everywhere, and considering that he’s acquired 19.8 million subscribers on his YouTube channel, it’s safe to say that Logan is liked by many. From acting in movies such as “The Thinning” and “Airplane Mode” to creating hit songs like “Outta My Hair” and “No Handlebars,” Logan has found success in various forms of entertainment; he’s even the host of a successful podcast, “Impaulsive.” Still, let’s not forget the vlogger is the same guy who filmed the hanging victim in Japan’s Suicide Forest.

Meet KSI

Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji, better known as KSI, is an internet personality and one of the most prominent YouTubers in England. Similar to his American opponent, there isn’t much that this famous YouTube creator hasn’t done, and KSI’s channel has accumulated 20.4 million YouTube subscribers.

KSI started his YouTube career in 2009 by playing games like “FIFA” and “Grand Theft Auto 5” online. Later, he joined forces with other online gamers and formed his now-popular group the “Sidemen.” However, KSI stopped gaming and focused his attention on making music, which allowed the creator to acquire fans outside of the YouTube platform.

Notably, KSI is no stranger to the boxing ring. Before facing off against Logan, another YouTuber by the name of Joe Weller released a diss track about KSI. Of course, this infuriated the YouTuber, and the two decided to settle their differences in a boxing match, in which KSI defeated Weller in the third round.

KSI vs. Logan Paul

In the moments following the KSI vs. Weller fight, KSI had one thing to say: “Mans got this belt. If any Youtubers want it, you can come and get it. Jake Paul, Logan Paul, any of the Pauls, I don’t care, bring it!” This statement set everything into action.

Logan was a state champion wrestler at his Ohio high school. As a natural-born athlete, settling back into a healthy routine was nothing new to him. Although the YouTuber never boxed before,  this fact did not slow him down. He jumped at the chance to fight KSI.

The initial fight between Logan and KSI was a quality event given the fact that it was between two YouTubers. Surprisingly, the fight lasted the scheduled six rounds; neither YouTuber slowed down or gave up. Nonetheless, the match ended in a draw with both Logan Paul and KSI both raising their hands. This lack of resolution shocked both YouTubers, and they decided that to engage in a second fight.

KSI vs. Logan Paul 2

The date of the rematch fight (Nov. 9) is right around the corner, and these two YouTubers are fiending for the chance to face off. Both KSI and Logan have been waiting over a year for the chance to hop back in the ring and prove who is the better boxer. Both contenders have been training for the past year, which means that the two YouTubers are not even YouTubers anymore: They are professional boxers.

Relatedly, this classification means that both fighters will not be forced to wear protective headgear. Furthermore, instead of wearing 12-ounce boxing gloves, KSI and Logan will slug it out wearing 10-ounce gloves, which means that there’s a good chance that one of these fighters will go down this time around.

More than anything else, both fighters do not want another stalemate. In their previous fight, both KSI and Logan showed a definitive commitment to the art of boxing, but that fight was carried out with neither party, Logan in particular, having any worthwhile experience in the ring. This next fight could go down as a monumental piece of internet history.

The upcoming fight will be available for viewing on the DAZN streaming service. Make sure to tune in on Nov. 9 to watch these two YouTubers step into the ring as professional boxers. Until then, we are forced to wonder: Who will go down and who will stand victorious?