Tours to Check Out
Tours to Check Out

The 15 Biggest Bands + Musicians on Tour This Summer

This list is assuming that Drake will be able to tour without a backbone.

Calling all concert lovers and music fans: No matter what kind of music you like, I’ve got you covered with some popular upcoming tours from genres such as EDM, country, and rap/hip-hop.

Listed below are 15 upcoming tours featuring popular artists and bands such as Paramore, Drake and Florence + the Machine, all of whom are more than worth purchasing a ticket for.

1. Jay-Z and Beyonce          

The couple will be performing both nationally and internationally during the “On the Run II” (OTR II) tour, and fans will hear a variety of tracks from both artists, including songs from Jay-Z’s album “4:44.”

The tour began last week in Cardiff, Wales, and will run until Oct. 4.

2. Imagine Dragons

The “Evolve Tour” will run through Oct. 21 with national and international performances, and their set includes an acoustic section as well as some of their most popular songs, such as “Demons” and “Radioactive.”

3. Thomas Rhett

The “Life Changes” tour 2018 was inspired by his album, titled “Life Changes,” which was released in September 2017.

Rhett will be performing songs from the album, including “Marry Me” and “Craving You,” and make stops throughout the United States, Canada and London.

4. Maroon 5

The “Red Pill Blues” tour featuring Julia Michaels will run through Oct. 15, and the set list includes some of their most popular songs, such as “Payphone” and “Moves Like Jagger.”

Fans will also get a Michael Jackson cover and an encore performance.

5. Troye Sivan

“Bloom: The Tour” kicks off on Aug. 4 and ends in Canada on Nov. 8.

Along with their ticket purchase, fans will receive a CD copy of “Bloom,” which was released on May 2.

6. Hozier

Hozier recently announced his North American tour, which will start on Sept. 15 in Ottawa, Canada, and the artist revealed on Twitter that new music will be released in the near future.

7. Ed Sheeran

The ÷ Tour will feature songs from the artist’s latest album, including “Perfect” and “Galway Girl,” and Sheeran will be performing throughout the United States and Europe through November.

8. Kesha and Macklemore

The two artists collaborated on the song “Good Old Days” and are now going on tour together. The “Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore” tour runs through 2019.

The June 6 performance included songs from both artists, such as “Tik Tok,” “Blow,” “Thrift Shop” and “Can’t Hold Us.”

9. Drake

The rapper behind “God’s Plan” and “Nice For What” is joining the Migos on the road, and the “Aubrey & Three Migos Tour” will hit the stage on July 26 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

10. U2

The “U2 Experience + Innocence Tour” kicked off on May 2 and wraps up on Nov. 10. This national and international tour will feature songs such as “Beautiful Day,” “I Will Follow” and “Iris (Hold Me Close).”

11. The Chainsmokers  

In January, the Chainsmokers released a new album, titled “Sick Boy,” and the duo, known for their EDM, will be hitting the road from now until October.

12. Paramore        

Known for their popular songs “Misery Business,” “Ain’t It Fun” and “Still Into You,” the band will be performing throughout the U.S. and internationally until August.

13. Harry Styles

After the breakup of One Direction, Harry Styles pursued his own musical journey, and now, the artist is on tour.

Fans can watch Styles perform on the road until July 14,  and they may even hear a couple of One Direction songs during his set.

14. Florence and the Machine

Florence and the Machine will be kicking off their tour on July 12 and will travel to a variety of locations, including Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and cities throughout the U.S.

On May 4, the band released a single titled, “Hunger,” just one of the songs off their new album, “High as Hope,” which will be released on June 29.

15. 30 Seconds to Mars  

The band’s most recent album, “America,” was released on April 6, and fans can catch this band live through August on “The Monolith Tour.”

Alexis Rogers, Temple University

Alexis Rogers

Temple University
Journalism and Spanish