Illustration by Emily Daugherty, Ohio State University

5 Best Cozy Fall BookTubers You Need to Check Out

YouTube creators that will make you feel the warmth of the fall season.

When people usually think of October, three things come to mind: Halloween, pumpkin spice-flavored beverages and fall weather. Some of us have not yet experienced a good old and typical fall day due to high weather temperatures in our states. If you are part of these people, do not worry any longer!

Here are five BookTubers (creators who read and craft book-related content) that give off the best fall and cozy vibes in their videos!

1. Ciara Foster

We are starting with Ciara Foster’s channel. She is one of the few BookTubers that brings the coziness of a fall day to her viewers in every single video. Her sweet, British tone,  warm on-screen presence and impeccable content curation craft a visually appealing atmosphere that perfectly captures the essence of autumn.

In Ciara’s videos, the screen is adorned with rich, warm tones reminiscent of autumn foliage. She skillfully incorporates seasonal elements such as rustic décor, fuzzy blankets, and soft-burning candles, creating a cozy ambiance that instantly evokes the feeling of a crisp fall day.

From fall-themed recipe tutorials to book recommendations featuring captivating stories set against autumn backdrops, she curates her videos to align perfectly with the season. Viewers are treated to the sights and sounds of fall, whether it’s the crunching of leaves underfoot or the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin treats, bringing an immersive experience to their screens.

Personally, my favorite videos are when Ciara is doing a “Gilmore Girls” readathon and bakes the same delicious food we would see in the TV show. She often also does videos focusing on thriller stories or murder-mysteries which go well with the season!

2.katie is reading

While I personally think Ciara is the fall queen of the U.K., Katie is the American version of her.

https://www.youtube.com/@katieisreading  Katie’s channel has mastered the art of infusing fall and cozy vibes into her videos, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere that resonates deeply with her viewers. Through meticulous attention to detail, she skillfully incorporates elements that encapsulate all things fall. Katie’s choice of seasonal reads, often featuring enchanting tales set amidst autumn landscapes, further immerses viewers in the ambiance of fall.

Additionally, her thoughtful narration, accompanied by the soothing rustle of pages turning, mimic the quintessential sound of fall leaves. The gentle sound effects, like raindrops tapping on windows or the distant call of owls, add layers to the cozy atmosphere, making viewers feel as if they are nestled in a snug reading nook. Videos in which she shows her book journaling are very comforting to viewers as well, as she always has themed stickers, candles and writing materials.

Katie’s genuine enthusiasm for reading and the fall season is contagious, creating a sense of friendship with her audience. Her viewers are treated to experience the magic of fall, making her channel a delightful haven for book lovers seeking the perfect blend of autumn charm and literary escapades.

3. Sara Carrolli

Sara Carrolli’s channel masterfully infuses the fall season with cozy vibes, creating a delightful experience for her viewers. With her keen eye for aesthetics and genuine enthusiasm, Sara curates a visual and sensory feast that perfectly captures the feelings of fall.

When watching her videos, the screen comes alive with warm autumn hues, featuring comfy nooks adorned with soft blankets, twinkling fairy lights, and clean aesthetic décor. Differing a bit from the other Booktubers’ at-home aesthetic, Sara usually brings a bit more urbanity to her videos by exploring coffeehouses and other treats from outside shops.

Sara’s genuine passion for fall is so clear as she shows herself participating in seasonal activities, whether it’s pumpkin picking, cozy book reading, or crafting, that it is contagious. She effortlessly shares her love for fall traditions, inspiring viewers to embrace the season wholeheartedly. 

Through Sara Carrolli’s channel, fall becomes more than just a visual delight—it becomes a multisensory journey, inviting viewers to indulge in the magic and warmth of the season.

4. alexa raye

Alexa Raye’s channel brings a blend of artistic finesse and genuine passion for the season, as she transforms her videos into cozy escapes, surrounding her audience in the comforting embrace of autumn. Her set designs feature plush blankets, flickering candles, and seasonal ornaments, crafting a visual feast that instantly showcases the cozy charm of fall. The soft, natural lighting enhances the ambiance, casting a warm glow that makes viewers feel like they are nestled in a snug corner on a chilly autumn morning.

Alexa’s authentic enthusiasm for fall is palpable. Her passion shines through, inspiring her viewers to fully embrace the season’s magic. Through Alexa Raye’s channel, fall transforms into a multisensory adventure, inviting viewers to indulge in the warmth and nostalgia that the season brings.

5. lexi aka newlynova

Lexi’s channel has mastered the art of infusing her videos with the enchanting essence of fall, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere that resonates deeply with her viewers. 

In Lexi’s videos, viewers are welcomed into a world adorned with the rustic hues of fall. Her set designs feature tall bookshelves, soft lighting, and delightful autumnal decor, casting the screen in a cozy, inviting ambiance. The warm lighting she uses casts a golden glow that is reminiscent of a crisp autumn evening spent indoors.

Lexi’s attention to detail extends beyond visuals. She skillfully incorporates the sounds of crackling fireplaces and the aroma of seasonal treats, engaging her viewers’ senses and creating an authentic experience. 

Lexi’s genuine and relatable demeanor fosters a sense of camaraderie with her viewers, making them feel like they’re spending time with a close friend. Through her channel, fall becomes more than a season; it transforms into a comforting, shared experience, inviting viewers to bask in the cozy vibes and relish in the simple pleasures of autumn.

Beatriz Barros Felice, California State University, Northridge

Beatriz Barros Felice

California State University, Northridge
Mass Communication, Masters

"Beatriz is an international, multilingual journalist from Brazil. After graduating with her B.A. in Journalism, she returned to get her Masters in Mass Communication. She hopes to work in entertainment and world culture."