in article about mobile entertainment, person with mobile phone in their hand

How All Entertainment Has Now Gone Mobile

Thanks to advances in technology, you can take your favorite movies, music and TV shows wherever you go.

You no longer have to rush anywhere to catch the game, your favorite show or the news. Entertainment is no longer tied to certain times and places and can be accessed anywhere and at any time. This has predominantly been the result of the rise in mobile phone usage and the improvement of mobile phone technology. Entertainment is now mobile, and those in the business as well as the audience need to know this and plan accordingly.

The Mobile App

The most popular mobile apps for entertainment are the same ones that you can now access on digital television. Entertainment apps such as Netflix, TED, Dubsmash and YouTube now provide a mobile source of high-quality entertainment. Many people will have one or more than one of the apps on their home entertainment devices and then simply share this on their mobile devices so that they access the same bundle of home entertainment via the apps on their phone instead.

Gaming

Most games can now be played on your smart mobile device — no longer will you only have access to the old favorites that come with the phone, like Snake or Tetris. Mobile gaming is now as developed, if not more so, than console and PC gaming. Even the casino has gone mobile with some of the best mobile slots available at places like Jackpot City, where you can play from anywhere your mobile phone has network access and data availability.

Music

Mobile phones have always been synonymous with music, and there have been huge changes and developments in this regard. Relatively new music apps like Spotify and iTunes have once again changed the way we access this form of entertainment. Music is now incredibly different from simply a decade ago. More music is accessed freely than is purchased, and the entire music industry has been changed forever by the move to mobile. As long as you are prepared to listen to some advertisements, then the music you access and listen to will never need to be paid for by you.

Movies and Mobile Streaming

Streaming, which is the ongoing and continuous transfer of entertainment data from a server to an internet-connected device, is one of the most popular ways to access entertainment for people on the go. It is different from downloading in that the download can only be watched once the downloading process is complete, whereas, with streaming, you can watch as you go; it streams the entertainment or media directly to the phone or smart device, allowing the viewer to watch immediately as the media streams.

The fact that so many people use mobile phones to access media and entertainment has seen these industries move to this online space as quickly as possible. Entertainment in all its forms is now accessible on mobile phones, and as the smart mobile develops, the logic is that so too will the type of entertainment and media that is made for mobile — as long as you have internet access and the required data.