gambling sites

How To Block Gambling Sites for Free?

What's the best way to keep yourself from going online to gamble?

Concerns over gambling and betting have caused some countries to take action. Some nations regulate gambling, while others have taken steps to create sites that allow for actually blocking gambling websites. These strategies are effective as long as the users are ready to break their gambling addiction. In the United Kingdom, the gambling blocking schemes were also established with the goal of minimizing gambling-related harm in the country.

The United Kingdom, where the gambling industry has shown significant growth, is very strict when it comes to protecting the players and promoting responsible gambling. Today, different methods are available to restrict problem users from the platforms of their choice. Some of them are designed to block gambling transactions whereas others allow the players to self-exclude themselves from their preferred websites. If you have a problem with online gambling or someone you care about experiences gambling-related harm, you could consider blocking gambling sites.

There are apps that help you to ban yourself from these platforms but some require a registration fee or a periodic subscription charge. Here are the free options to block gambling sites for those who wish to prevent or overcome problems associated with gambling.

1. BetBlocker

BetBlocker is an app developed and funded by casino operators. To use BetBlocker, first, the users have to download the app on their Android, iOS, Linux, Windows and Mac. Then, they choose the period of time they want to be banned.

After downloading the BetBlocker app, users are able to prohibit themselves from the gambling operators of their choice. More than 6,700 operators have collaborated with BetBlocker so those who want to be excluded will have a large number of options of gambling websites to avoid

The program was created in 2019 to help those who develop gambling problems by allowing them to ban themselves from licensed and unlicensed gambling platforms; it was released to reduce gambling harms and promote responsible gambling.

2. Gamstop

Gamstop was launched in 2018 and today, this service is run by the National Online Self-Exclusion Scheme Limited (NOSES Ltd). Gamstop aims to help people who want to quit gambling platforms by enabling them to ban gambling operators licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).

The first step that the players have to do is register at Gamstop and they choose the period of time they want to be prohibited. They can, actually, choose from 6 months, 1 year, or 5 years that they cannot have access to their chosen platforms, until the period expires.

This independent not-for-profit organization has cooperated with a large number of gambling websites and recently, a law to require all the licensed online gambling sites to join Gamstop has come into effect. However, you can still find sites not affected by Gamstop and accepting self-excluded users

3. Online Banking

Online banking is also another option to block gambling websites. Those who want to block their account from being used for gambling transactions can download an application. Restricting yourself via going through your online banking app is also a possibility on mobile devices. The process varies depending on the bank, but in general, it is quick and straightforward.

They can, thus, block their bank account or credit cards from being used on gambling transactions. The advantage of opting for online banking is the ability to block the account at the gamblers’ convenience. In fact, they don’t need to move or fill in an application form. Today, banning online banking from being used on betting and gambling sites has become seductive since the procedure is both easy and free.

4. Gamban (Free Option)

Gamban is reputed to be an effective solution for blocking gambling platforms. This app was created by GambleAware in 2015. Since GambleAware was launched to fund projects related to gambling, the organization also released Gamban to help and support those who experience gambling problems. The software also works on Android, iOS, Windows and MacOS.

To be prohibited from gambling sites, the gamblers have to install the app on their chosen device and follow a few short instructions to complete the installation. Once this app is installed, they will no longer have access to the gambling platforms they have chosen. It is worth mentioning that this self-blocking scheme is difficult to uninstall so before installing Gamban, the users are required to read its general software licensing conditions.

Today, thousands of gambling platforms and apps choose Gamban as an option to help those who may develop or experience gambling problems.

5. WiFi/Mobile Carrier

Preventing addicted players from using gambling platforms is a matter of paramount importance. Apart from installing apps, they can also use their WiFi and mobile carrier to block gambling websites.

Contact your mobile carrier to see if you have the option to exclude yourself from gambling sites. Blocking the gambling platforms using these wireless networking technologies is easy and fast, and only takes only a few minutes.

6. Tools Available on Every Gaming Site

Because of policies to promote responsible gambling, the gambling operators haven’t stopped releasing  tools of their own for their customers. These gambling businesses work on supplying a simple process for consumers who want to be self-excluded from the platforms of their choice. This policy is created with the goal to help the players who experience compulsive gambling and those who want to avoid gambling-related harm.

Every gaming and gambling platform has the inner tools to let the customers be blocked from the gambling sites. Hence, the tools are available on all gaming websites helping these gamblers to control or stop their gambling. In fact, these inner devices allow gamblers to manage the time and money they spend enabling them to avoid a lot of time and excessive spending.