Jason Badeaux

Jason Badeaux Answers the ‘Study Breaks’ Questionnaire

Louisiana State University's Jason Badeaux talks of his dream job, the Kardashians and caramel.

Meet the President with Louisiana State University’s Jason Badeaux.

1. What is your major? I am pursuing a Bachelor’s of Science in Economics.

2. What is your dream job? My dream job after college would be working as a business analyst at a Big Three management consulting firm.

3. What academic focus most interests you? Economic public policy. It’s fascinating how policy decisions trickle all the way down to the micro level. Economics, at its simplest, is the study of how people respond to incentives, and it’s interesting to see how incentives ingrained in policy motivate an individual’s decisions.

4. What are your intellectual strengths? Self-motivation and determination. I’m a self-starter, and when I set my mind on something, it’s hard to distract me from finishing it.

5. What will you never understand? The Kardashian family

6. What qualities do you most admire in a person? Loyalty. You’d be surprised at how hard it is to find someone trustworthy and who stays true to themselves and their responsibilities. Maybe that’s why I like dogs more than people.

7. What is your most marked characteristic? I’m a thinker. I’m always thinking about something; my brain is always coming up with new ideas and plans.

8. What angers you? When people call caramel car-mel, and when people put up Christmas lights before Thanksgiving. Come on, people, one thing at a time.

9. What is currently on your mind? One more week until finals are over, and then I’m hitting the slopes in Colorado.

10. What historical figure do you admire? Teddy Roosevelt. He was an incredible leader, and had a vigor for life and all it has to offer. I also share his passion for the outdoors, and appreciate what he did for land and wildlife conservation.

11. Who are your favorite sports teams? LSU Tigers—is that even a question?

12. What’s the last book you read? “The New Geography of Jobs” by Enrico Moretti

13. What music are you into at the moment? Hard to go wrong with Mumford & Sons. They’re my go-to.

14. When you’re cooking, what is your go-to meal? Ha. Can’t cook. I can whip up some mean pizza rolls though.

15. What’s your biggest struggle as a student? There’s not nearly enough time in the day to accomplish everything. Sleep’s always the first thing to go.

16. What’s the last movie you watched? “Gone Girl.” I love thrillers.

17. What is your most treasured possession? A metal matchbox that my great-grandfather passed down to my grandfather, and he passed down to me. It comes with me every time I go on a camping trip, and contains things like matches, my grandfather’s survival compass from Vietnam, fishing line, etc. I come from a long line of outdoorsmen, so it has seen its fair share of adventures, and I hope to show it a few more.

18. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Gin and tonic with a lime. Someone once told me there was a study that said people who drink gin are more likely to be psychopaths. Don’t know what that says about me.

19. What is your typical outfit? Jeans, boots and a polo

20. What’s the best class you’ve taken in college? Public Policy Economics

21. What is your favorite place to eat? Sushi Masa. All you can eat sushi for $15. Sign me up.

22. What’s a secret talent of yours? I create some pretty good Spotify playlists. Give me a follow.

23. Where do you want to go most in the world? Backpacking in Iceland

24. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was a morning person. I’m as much of a night owl as they come. Don’t talk to me before 9 a.m.

25. Where do you hang out on campus? My office in the Student Union, or the Sigma Phi Epsilon house.

26. Where would you be if not in college? I’d be a ski bum in Colorado. Sometimes that’s a very enticing prospect, like finals week.

27. What makes you nervous? Life after college

28. What is your biggest indulgence? Peanut M&Ms

29. What living person would you most like to meet? Elon Musk. He and his companies have made the unthinkable reality. I would love to pick his brain and see how he thinks. He’s a true visionary.

30. What is important to you right now? Serving the LSU student body effectively by completing initiatives to create a better student experience

31. What is your greatest achievement? Being elected student body president of LSU, of course!

32. What is your motto? “Get after it.”