Meet the President with DePaul University’s Michael Lynch.
1. What is your major? Organizational communication
2. What is your dream job? White House chief of staff to the first woman president
3. What academic focus most interests you? Education disparities in low-income areas and their effects
4. What are your intellectual strengths? Analytical and observant leader that aims to ask quality, probing questions
5. What will you never understand? People who don’t like Beyoncé
6. What qualities do you most admire in a person? Honesty and loyalty
7. What is your most marked characteristic? That I’m a homebody and very shy
8. What angers you? Student loans
9. What is currently on your mind? My Media Relations homework that I haven’t done yet
10. What historical figure do you admire? Harold Washington
11. Who are your favorite sports teams? Don’t have any
12. What’s the last book you read? “The Audacity of Hope” by Barack Obama
13. What music are you into at the moment? Janet Jackson’s entire discography
14. When you’re cooking, what is your go-to meal? Baked salmon with brown rice with a tall glass of rosé
15. What’s your biggest struggle as a student? Time management
16. What’s the last movie you watched? “Life is but a Dream,” a documentary by Beyoncé
17. What is your most treasured possession? Any pictures of my parents
18. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? A glass of Riesling
19. What is your typical outfit? Turtleneck with a sleek pair of black pants and loafers
20. What’s the best class you’ve taken in college? Being a Man of Color in Chicago, taught by Dr. Vijay Pendakur
21. What is your favorite place to eat? My kitchen
22. What’s a secret talent of yours? I can dance.
23. Where do you want to go most in the world? Ghana
24. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I could sing.
25. Where do you hang out on campus? The SGA office
26. Where would you be if not in college? Going to college was never an option for me because of my parents, so I never thought about that.
27. What makes you nervous? Donald Trump overseeing the nuclear codes
28. What is your biggest indulgence? Flights
29. What living person would you most like to meet? Michelle Obama
30. What is important to you right now? Graduating and living a life of purpose
31. What is your greatest achievement? Allowing myself the space to be authentically me. Accepting myself, and my journey, just the way it is.
32. What is your motto? To whom much is given, much is required. Do the work.