NickSplat Is the Nickelodeon Streaming Service You’ve Been Waiting For

Thanks to NickSplat, '90s kids can travel back to their childhood and stream all of their favorite classics.

Nineties kids: Do you miss watching original shows from your childhood like “CatDog,” “All That” and “Rocko’s Modern Life”? Well, now you can rejoice because Nickelodeon and VRV have partnered to launch the streaming service NickSplat, which will feature some of your favorite classics from the network.

A monthly streaming subscription to NickSplat costs $5.99, or you can purchase the premium bundle for the monthly cost of $9.99 and get access to NickSplat as well as the other content on the site. If you are on the fence about buying a subscription, there is also an option for a free 30-day trial to test it out.

Other shows currently available on NickSplat include:

“The Wild Thornberry’s”

“Legends of the Hidden Temple”

“AAAHH!!! Real Monsters”

“Doug”

“The Angry Beavers”

“Chalk Zone”

“Kenan & Kel”

“The Amanda Show”

“Are You Afraid of the Dark?”

“KABLAM!”

“Guts”

“Double Dare 2000”

“Nick Arcade”

“Hey Dude”

“The Way Back Home”

“The Mystery Filed of Shelby Woo”

“Salute Your Shorts”

If you don’t see your favorite show on the list, not to worry. More shows will get add to NickSplat in the future. This is great news considering there are many popular shows missing including “Hey Arnold!,” “Rugrats” and “Spongebob Squarepants.”

According to Entertainment Weekly, VRV can be found online or through one of the various streaming outlets, such as Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, PS4, Apple TV and Chromecast, as well as through Android or IOS.

Eric Berman, head of content partnerships at VRV and Ellation, expressed his excitement for this new project. Berman, saying: “Our partnership with Viacom is a first of its kind. We’re very proud to be the premiere launch partner to bring a NickSplat channel into SVOD and share these nostalgic series so our passionate audience can fall in love with them all over again.”

One Twitter user, @JanakBhakta, expressed a relatable struggle for fans of these popular shows. He tweeted, “Nickelodeon just launched a streaming service mainly for throwback tv shows I grew up with….How am I supposed to college now?”

Another Twitter user, @Graneadloaf, tweeted, “About 20 minutes ago I read an article saying that @Nickelodeon has a streaming service for classic shows and now I’m signed up and watching a show I thought I’d never see again and I’m actually gonna cry I LOVE TECHNOLOGY”

So what are you waiting for? Grab your computer or remote and hang out with your favorite characters. Start watching your favorite shows right now and let the nostalgia sink in.

Alexis Rogers, Temple University

Alexis Rogers

Temple University
Journalism and Spanish