cup of coffee in article about needing to stay positive in quarantine

Tips To Stay Positive and Healthy During Self Isolation

Do you find it challenging to stay positive during the quarantine? Learn helpful tips on how to stay positive despite the coronavirus news and how to keep your physical health. 

When you go to the office every day, you start dreaming of working a few days at home from time to time, but when your dreams come true, staring at four walls all day becomes akin to a prison sentence. These days it’s a troublesome issue for people who have to be self-isolated during the coronavirus pandemic, but below you will find several ways to stay positive and happy being at home 24 hours a day. 

1. Take Care of Your Physical Health

Wash your hands often and carefully and use antiseptics and wet wipes. During the pandemic, it’s essential to moisten your nose and throat; drinking a lot of warm water has many beneficial side effects as well. Pay attention to physical activity and nutrition. Physical activity helps relieve stress and reduce panic. Doing (individual!) sports helps keep you fit and control your stress level. Those who are unable to do physical exercises can do meditation or other techniques that relax the muscles. Nutrition also plays an important role, so add more vitamins to your diet drink juices, eat fruits and vegetables and take special dietary supplements.

Stay Away From Panic

Keep in mind that your emotions are closely connected with your physical health. Panic reduces or completely turns off a person’s critical thinking and thus makes them susceptible to suggestion. It has been proven that fear harms the immune system — a hormone called cortisol signals to the brain, and after that, adrenal glands produce adrenaline. The last one mobilizes the body’s resources for self-protection, and if a person can’t cope with panic for a long time, their physical and emotional states wear thin. It increases the chances of getting sick several times over.

Here are some tips on staying positive while you’re looking through the news. Make sure to select your news sources carefully. When you follow the news 24 hours a day, you start to believe in each piece of news that you hear, it affects your nervous system and leads you to a breakdown. If you aren’t a journalist, there is no need to monitor every website and news agency. Read or watch news twice a day in the morning and in the evening, and only on reliable sites. Get focused on some positive moments, such as chatting with your friends, reading an exciting book or watching a new season of your favorite series.

Tips for Students During Self-Isolation

There’s a lot of advantages for students that are staying home for seven weeks. It’s a good time to do things that you had planned long before. Experiencing busy days, students usually have no time for doing homework themselves, and often they look for answers to the request, “Can you do my statistics homework for me?” During self-isolation, a student can try to complete their college tasks without help. Taking online courses is also a great way to spend the quarantine productively as well as reading books from the university book list. Straight-A students manage to make some extra money by providing academic help to their classmates. They might know which of them are regular customers of the writing service help and who usually wonder, “Who can you do my homework cheap and fast?” If you offer to do papers cheaper for them, you will have enough orders and will manage to continue this small business even after the quarantine.