Woman wearing pink clothes

Pretty in Pink: How To Include More Pink in Your Wardrobe in 2020

Want to try something different for the new year? Try incorporating this color into your wardrobe.

Now that it is the new year, it’s the perfect time to shake up your wardrobe as well as shake up your fashion a bit. If you find that you are just wearing plain black clothes or dull hues, why not add a splash of color to your outfits this season? Pink is one stylish color that can be used during any season of the year, whether it’s pastel pink for spring or dark fuschia for autumn.

During this season, websites like Glamour Magazine have some trendy celebrity winter wardrobe inspiration that can show you how to style long coats and stylish ankle boots like your favorite celebs. There are plenty of fashion tips online that can inspire new outfits to help you add a touch of pink to your OOTD in 2020. If pink is a color you’d like to wear more often, these tips might help you to work this shade into your wardrobe this year.

Combine Different Shades

Wearing a lot of pink items might sound like it would be overwhelming. However, if you pair different shades of pink, you should be able to create a sophisticated monochrome look. For example, you could wear a pale blush pink alongside a deeper, darker dusty shade of pink.

If wearing an entirely pink outfit sounds overwhelming, you could try combining pink with neutral shades. Pink pairs nicely with both black and white, and it looks great with tans and browns as well. Cosmopolitan has a great guide for ways to master the art of color mixing such as opting for a monochromatic style or mixing contrasting colors together.

Focus on Pieces With a Modern Cut

Some pink dresses look like they’re straight from the past. If you don’t want to look like you stepped out of a time machine, you’ll want to select clothing that has a fresher and more modern silhouette. Try to avoid wearing pink dresses that are designed to look like they’re from another era. Instead, focus on choosing pieces that are right in line with more modern trends.

When you wear clothing with more modern silhouettes, you won’t have to work to balance out the pink you’re wearing. It’ll be easy for you to put together a great-looking and stylish outfit. For example, pairing a smart and modern pink blouse with jeans and a stylish coat can help you easily adopt a casual outfit without using too much pink.

Choose Textured Pieces

One of the reasons many people shy away from the color pink is that it can be very hard to get the look just right. It’s important to know which shades you can use a lot of in one outfit and which are enough by themselves. If this has been a problem for you in the past, you’ll want to look at clothing items that have a lot of texture to them. This can easily help keep an outfit from looking too sweet.

For example, pink suede or pink tweed are both stylish and interesting textures that you could experiment with in 2020. Or you could even pair a cosy knit jumper with jeans or a leather skirt. For oversized jumpers and smart trousers, you can even shop the look from the new Pink Casino TV advert for some stylish pink clothing inspiration. Texture adds a lot of visual interest to any outfit, and it can give your pink pieces a little bit more of an edge to them.

Pair Pink Clothing With the Right Accessories

Accessories can dramatically change the look of any outfit. For example, a pink dress might look prim and proper when you pair it with a string of pearls. However, if you wear it with a black leather belt, you’ll have an outfit that feels far more fashion-forward.

Try to pick flattering pink clothing that you’re comfortable wearing, but be aware that you can completely change the look of your outfit just by adding some different accessories. Dig through your accessory collection and experiment and discover how you can create a cute pink look that’s uniquely your own.