Todd Chrisley from Chrisley Knows Best

Even After Eight Seasons, ‘Chrisley Knows Best’ Remains Iconic

To quote the patriarch of this reality TV family, 'Crazy runs deep.'

USA Network’s “Chrisley Knows Best” currently has eight seasons available on Peacock and every single one of them will undoubtedly leave you crying tears of laughter. The patriarch, Todd Chrisley, is a real-estate tycoon that makes snarky comments toward other people; his wife, Julie Chrisley, is a stay-at-home mom with exceptional cooking skills. “Chrisley Knows Best” shows the Chrisley parents as they take care of their children and embark on different bizarre adventures with them and their other relatives.

“Chrisley Knows Best” defies many expectations of reality TV. In many reality shows, especially ones centered around wealthy individuals, the cast tries extremely hard to convince audiences that they are just like everybody else. However, the affluent Chrisley family does not make an active effort to hide their affluence; they explicitly acknowledge their good fortune but do not make it the focal point of every episode.

Watching each family member engage in hundreds of ridiculous yet entertaining antics provides viewers with all the enjoyment in the world. With a cast full of stars who have offbeat, charming personalities, the executives at USA Network have struck comedy gold.

Meet the Cast

Throughout the show, specific family members stick with you during your viewing experience.

Todd Chrisley is the recognized central character of the series. Todd has become notorious for his metrosexual lifestyle; in other words, the mogul takes excellent care of his appearance and wishes to keep it pristine. From Episode 1, Todd’s relationship with the rest of his family arouses your interest. The father constantly attempts to micromanage his children’s lives and protect them from the perceived evils of the world; with his mother, the spunky “Nanny” Faye, he frequently tries to interfere with her plans to drink and gamble.

Although he recognizes his overprotective nature, Todd does not lose that trait anytime soon — especially in later seasons. While Todd establishes his “drama king” status early in the show, his love for his family will leave you with that slightly warm, fuzzy feeling.

Julie Chrisley is the definition of a “supermom.” Julie’s storylines in the show primarily involve her efforts to coax her usually unreasonable husband and keep her unpredictable children out of trouble. If you need a character to root for, Julie fills that requirement. Julie quickly becomes known for her more laid-back disposition and practical form of parenting.

The reality TV star has overcome breast cancer and uses her life experiences to teach Todd and their beloved children to enjoy the smaller things in life. Her love for her life as a mother never fails to shine through each episode. As early as Episode 4, Julie takes Chloe, the daughter of her stepson, Kyle, under her wing. The reality star raises Chloe alongside the three children she shares with Todd: Chase, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley.

Chase Chrisley fulfills the role of the troublemaker of the show. Chase’s schemes will leave you stunned yet mildly amused on many occasions. Although he goes to great lengths to outsmart his parents throughout the first couple of seasons, his plans almost always crumble. Even after dealing with the consequences of his irresponsible actions, Chase will typically revert to his old, juvenile ways. Viewers quickly wonder how someone could be so devious; nevertheless, his gradual development into a mature young man leaves you feeling genuinely proud of him.

Savannah Chrisley, Todd and Julie’s oldest daughter, serves as the more sensible child — at least compared to Chase. Whenever her other relatives engage in the most absurd activities, look to Julie or Savannah for a reality check; both women regularly remind others of the potential repercussions of their impulsiveness. Nonetheless, in the early seasons, she has had her moments of petty teenage rebellion. While she makes plenty of mistakes herself, she soon recognizes her lapses in judgment and makes up for them in meaningful ways. Savannah has her flaws but seeing how Todd aims to control various parts of her life will leave you realizing that she is not as irrational as you may think.

Grayson Chrisley, much like his older brother Chase, has had quite the evolution on the show. He has gone from a goofy, sly 7-year-old to an upstanding, dependable 15-year-old. Nevertheless, even as the teenager matures, Grayson still finds himself getting involved in mischief with his older siblings and Chloe. Unlike Chase and Savannah, though, he almost instantly comes clean to his mom and dad about his shenanigans. Grayson’s physical and mental growth throughout the show will leave you pleasantly surprised.

Chloe Chrisley, Todd and Julie’s granddaughter, gets introduced to the audience in the fourth episode of the series. The Chrisleys have full custody of young Chloe due to Kyle’s struggles with drug addiction. The youngest member of the family seems to get what she wants and when she wants it; all she has to do is flash her million-dollar smile. Chloe’s adorable relationship with her grandfather will make you swoon. The 8-year-old is characterized by her kind nature and outstanding ability to brighten everyone’s day.

“Nanny” Faye Chrisley is Todd’s mother who has quite the penchant for drinking and gambling. One of the first plots of the show involves her running off to a restaurant’s bar, meeting up with a man and drinking with him instead of chaperoning Savannah’s date. The way that she adds humor to every situation will have you falling in love with her.

Many other loveable and multifaceted characters appear throughout the eight seasons of “Chrisley Knows Best.” You will become fascinated with Lindsie Chrisley Campbell and her complex, rocky relationship with her father — one that ended up falling apart in 2017. Kyle Chrisley, Todd’s oldest son, will have you cheering him on as he battles with substance abuse and bipolar disorder. USA Network’s “Chrisley Knows Best” is a must-watch example of why wealthy American families make for great TV.

Ariana Quijano, Georgia State University

Ariana Quijano

Georgia State University

Hi! My name is Ariana Quijano, and I am a journalism major at Georgia State University. In my free time, I enjoy reading up on current events and scrolling through TikTok.