a phone with a trading app in front a computer with trading information

Trading App or Desktop Version — What Is Better?

Trading app or desktop version: Which is better? Find out here because for all the information you need to decide.

Do you want to start trading, but you don’t know if you should go for a broker that offers a trading app, or if a platform with a desktop version is more than enough? If so, this article has all the information that you need to decide.

Why Are More and More Brokers Offering Trading Apps?

More and more people are getting into trading, which comes with new demands and features. Day-traders or people who are trading on the go are looking for the easiest ways to do so, which is why more brokers are counting on trading apps these days. BUT: A trading app is not the best solution for everyone. This is why you need to determine what assets and trading methods you want to use before deciding on the broker. You also have to understand how trading apps work because they have their own way of working. Find out how to use VideForex trading app or any other app, so you know what you will get yourself into and if it  will fit your needs.

Trading App or Desktop Version — Which One Is the Better Choice?

Are you currently looking for a broker, and you need to decide if you can count on one with a trading app or if you should pick one without? The truth is, it always depends on what you are looking for and what you expect your broker to offer. That’s why this article wants to help you decide. There is not just one answer to these questions, but rather multiple. Here you will find more information that will help you to determine the best course of action.

Advantages and Disadvantages of the Trading App

The easiest way to decide is to be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of trading apps. This information will help you to determine if you want to count on a trading app or not.

Advantages

One of the best perks of a trading app is that you can check your portfolio, look at the market and also trade on the go. This offers you the option to react as soon as you see a good opportunity. Especially if you’re interested in becoming a day-trader, having a trading app will help you sell and buy assets on the go. Usually, trading apps are easy to use because they only have room for the most essential features. This is why even beginners will have an easy time using a trading app.

Disadvantages

Unfortunately, when it comes to trading apps, there are also disadvantages. Some people might argue that it makes trading too easy, and people trade more than they can afford.

Advantages and Disadvantages of the Desktop Version

Here you should be introduced to the advantages and disadvantages of trading with the desktop version.

Advantages

A desktop version allows you to trade higher-risk assets, like crypto, and use more detailed trading methods — in particular, methods like trading binary options are high risk and require a lot of information that is hard to get with a trading app. Therefore, if you are planning to trade high-risk assets or use high-risk trading methods, you should go for the desktop version of a broker.

Disadvantages

Since you get a lot more information, using a desktop version might be overwhelming for a beginner. Compared to a trading app, where you just get the most important features, here you will go into detail.