datebox
Datebox (Image via Thoughtfully Unraveled)

Spice Up Your Relationship with Datebox

Think outside the box with this nifty, monthly date package.

Relationships are not as easy as one, two, three or ABC, and they require a higher level of commitment, dedication and time in order to grow and bloom. Ruined relationships commonly dissipate due to very mundane interactions or conversations between the couple. Datebox can help spark or rekindle a deeper connection between you and your partner while curating lasting memories.

Mundane is not the ideal image we hope to craft in a relationship because taking the time out of one’s busy life to give to another is not always an easy feat. Creating deeper connections with significant others and learning more things to fall in love is any couple’s relationship aspirations — regardless if they have been together two weeks, five months or 20 years.

Couples do not want to be in relationships that are given half effort — they want to feel the passion and connection to their significant others. Boredom typically strikes lovebirds when they either do not know each other very well or when the daily routines have become monotonous.

Sakura-inspired Datebox that teaches the couple how to make sushi for a fun homemade dinner. (Image via 2 Little Rosebuds)

Datebox has the capacity to throw a curveball in the relationship each month with its personalized and handcrafted date nights that are completely planned out and ready for you when it arrives at your doorstep. Datebox remains a surprise up until the moment you open the package and read “Welcome To Your Datebox.”

Datebox begins with answering a couple’s questionnaire on their website so the date night experts understand your likes, dislikes and your personalities so the boxes are personalized for each couple. The questionnaire asks about date preferences such as whether, as a couple, you like to stay at home or spend a night out on the town. Datebox even takes into account dietary restrictions, such as vegan, vegetarians or those with allergies.

The Datebox can feature anything from games, creative craft projects, fun activities, how-to classes, snack and drink recipes, keepsakes and a whole plethora of other items. Every date is accompanied by a date night guide, a custom Spotify playlist and conversation starters. Each box is crafted with a specific theme in mind to enable the relationship to cultivate a deeper respect and connection in the couple. The Datebox contents vary from month to month so partners can look forward to something new within each package.

Datebox offers couples a tool to engage in creative and amusing projects together. (Image via Lookie Boo)

Each box is accompanied with a step-by-step guidebook. By no means is this a rule book, and the guide is vague enough that it leaves room for creativity and spontaneity. For instance, if it says you are going to make a pot with your partner out of clay, you are given the items such as clay, dimensions and baking instructions. It is then up to the couple to decide the shape of the pot and how to reach the goal of the desired result. Activities such as this allow a couple to learn and make mistakes together while fostering a fun and unique date experience.

There is also a possibility to get a digital copy of the Datebox instead of getting it delivered, which can be a huge advantage for long distance relationships. Datebox also has “in the city date nights” in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Dallas, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee. They are currently working on bringing this feature to Seattle, Washington, San Antonio and Houston, Texas and Los Angeles, California.

Your Datebox will arrive every month on the 15th during your subscription period, which can be one month, three months or six months. The subscription ranges from $7.99 to $32.99 each month based on how many months you desire to purchase.

Datebox offers numerous of activities for couples to do. (Image via 2 Little Rosebuds)

Datebox can help combat the unnerving decision-making process of deciding and executing a plan for you and your significant other to do on your date night. Instead of always taking the safe route of dinner and a movie, Datebox can really pull your relationship out of its comfort zone or out of the box.

It is vital in any relationship to discover the “sweet spot” to balance giving and receiving, which allows the couple to express their love and build satisfaction in the relationship. This is an instrument through the conversation starters that open the door for the couple to share their thoughts and feelings regarding each other, themselves and the future.

The most rewarding aspect of the Datebox is that it provides you with activities or things you would have never thought to engage in on your own. Each box does not contain only one thing to do, but several elements to creating a fulfilling night for the couple.

The Datebox aims to get couples to really dive deep into each other and to invest quality time with one another. Datebox provides a multitude of activities to do at the fraction of the cost, so you do not have to spend a lot of time planning or breaking your bank.

Supporting communication and connection, Datebox is the perfect tool for couples to re-engage with one another. (Image via Fierce Marriage)

Since its’ inception in 2015, Datebox has grown and expanded with new and better ideas. Each month you can evaluate your box so the experts can better assess you as a couple so they can create and ship a better package each month. The fun and creativity grows and develops better just like your relationship month after month.

Datebox alleviates barriers in a growing intimate relationship, such as lack of communication and time. Relationships especially falter when its foundation of communication crumbles. It is essential to talk to one another in many settings along with personal feelings or thoughts. Spending too little time can weaken the bond between partners, so taking time to spend with each other can strengthen your relationship.

Datebox provides the means to curate the best atmosphere and setting for your date while providing the necessities to facilitate it. Datebox can eliminate the stress of figuring out what to do and instead focus your energy on engaging and connecting with your partner.

Shaina Lapuebla, Central Connecticut State University

Shaina Lapuebla

Central Connecticut State University