Text Illustration of Different Festivals

Check Out the Top 6 Music Festivals for 2020

Calling all music and art lovers — you won't want to miss out on these six gatherings for the upcoming season.

Note: Schedule dates may be subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 pandemic.

This is the season to rave at all the ultimate festivals performed by your favorite headliners. EDM, country, pop, rock and an array of genres are waiting for you to have an experience of a lifetime. Live, learn and let loose. Festivals are about more than just the music; they connect people globally and expose us to worlds unimaginable. Check out the top six festivals you don’t want to miss:

1. Lollapalooza

When: 30 July – 2 August 2020

Where: Grant Park, Chicago

Global phenomenon Lollapalooza cements a name for every musician that hits its stage. This epic multi-genre festival was first launched by Perry Farrell in 1991 as a touring festival and its vibrancy continues to grow. Lollapalooza excites its fans with music, dance and comedy. The annual four-day music festival also provides a platform for political and nonprofit organizations. This festival is not strictly mainstream either, inviting local bands to give it all they got across their stages. Upgrade to VIP and receive private shows from Lollapalooza’s headliners.

2. Electric Forest

When: 25-28 June 2020

Where: Rothbury, Michigan

The Electric Forest festival is just like it sounds. Electric. Remove yourself from everyday life and travel deep into the forest. Become illuminated by nature like never seen before, covered in colors and lights. The electronic DJs are definitely headliners — but this festival is about more than just the music. It’s about the experience. It’s about inclusivity. The costumes, hair and makeup are all over the top. Take on the identity of any character you choose. This is the place where you will also witness young love. Watch couples become engaged, or even married.

3. Burning Man

When: 30 August – 7 September 2020

Where: Black Rock Desert, Nevada

Burning Man has been alive since 1986. It first started out as a lowkey party for free spirits, or “burners,” but grew into a phenomenon and soon inspired imitation festivals around the globe. This is a festival to ask your grandparents about. Who knows, they may still even go. All music, art and culture are driven by its attendees so there is no set schedule. Immerse yourself in this rogue festival with yoga classes, hula hoop dance workshops, free palmistry and psychic readings. Though they don’t come cheap, tickets to Burning Man have sold out every year since 2011 and last year, within 35 minutes.

Mind you, this festival is not for the weak-hearted. You will practice self-reliance. Bring what you need for survival: food, water, sunscreen and shelter. Do not come ill-prepared. Though most everything is gifted to strangers by strangers for free, these items may not be.

4. Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival

When: 11-14 June 2020

Where: Great Stage Park, Tennessee

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts festival invites you to walk through the Bonnaroo arch, a staple, and become a “Roo-Kie” (first time attendee). Rolling Stone magazine once ranked the Bonnaroo festival among the “50 Moments That Changed Rock & Roll.” Jam bands and folk rock were the first to make an appearance, though now there is an array of genres with an influx of EDM and pop artists. This interactive festival changes each time you step onto the grounds full of fountains, art and booths. At Bonnaroo, wear your loudest and brightest colors and make sure to wish everyone a “Happy Roo.”

5. Stagecoach

When: 24-26 April 2020

Where: Indio, California

Stagecoach is the Coachella of country music, and features its biggest names. Moreover, they showcase some of the biggest powerhouse women voices. To remind everyone where this genre first originated, Stagecoach pays homage to the earlier eras of country by inviting/paying tribute to artists like Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams and more. Grab a beer, play games and find celebrities on-site. You’ll leave this festival with an overload of Instagram worthy moments.

6. Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas

When: 15-17 May 2020

Where: Las Vegas, Nevada

The Electric Daisy Carnival is the fairytale carnival experience you do not want to miss. Escape reality and step into this wonderland. EDC is amongst the largest EDM festivals and ravers across the globe prepare for the ultimate experience and pull out all their fits. Get lost in a whirlwind of neon colors, attractions and endless beats. Catch your headliners premiering new music and showcasing surprise acts.