rihanna donald glover
rihanna donald glover

An Intriguing Photo of Rihanna Has Sparked Anticipation About Her Next Project

You know it’s gonna be good when Donald Glover is in on it too.

It’s been 933 days since Rihanna’s last album release, and fans are going mad with ANTIcipation (all puns intended), yearning for more of her club anthems and raw, passionate vocals.

Even though she has not dropped any new tracks of her own in the past two-and-a-half years, RiRi has been one busy gal, gifting fans with some award-winning features and on-screen appearances, while simultaneously rising to become a business mogul.

In 2017, Rihanna stepped into the rap game with an absolutely FIRE verse on “Lemon” by N.E.R.D. “Lemon” skyrocketed to fame, solidifying its spot on the list of dance club go-to songs. The song was even nominated for a couple MTV Video Music Awards, including best collaboration and best editing.

That same year, she was also featured on Kendrick Lamar’s Pulitzer Prize winning album “DAMN.,” in the track “Loyalty.” Her unmistakable, raspy tone shines through as she showcases more of her rap side alongside Lamar. “Loyalty” won a Grammy Award for best rap/sung performance.

She also gave us another taste of her unique, sultry voice in “Wild Thoughts,” by DJ Khaled, featuring herself along with Bryson Tiller. The upbeat, playful track quickly became a summer dance hit, and was arguably the most popular Rihanna feature of 2017. “Wild Thoughts” snagged two BET awards, best collaboration and best hip hop collab, duo or group.

Three hits, all spiced up by the one and only Caribbean Queen.

All while becoming an entrepreneurial icon.

She crafted her own cosmetics line, Fenty Beauty, which released September of2017. The make-up brand has been widely praised for its high quality products that suit customers of any and every skin tone. Building a revolutionarily diverse, top-of-the-line beauty empire, in addition to her already mega successful music career? Leave it up to Rihanna to accomplish both.

If that wasn’t enough, she proceeded to shake Hollywood with her role in “Ocean’s 8,” a movie that released earlier this summer. Yes, RiRi was part of the crew of powerful woman who pulled off the heist of the century.

That leaves the question — what is she up to now?

Recently images of Rihanna in Cuba have surfaced, accompanied by none other than beloved singer-rapper-actor-comedian-musician (yeah, he excels at everything too) Donald Glover.

https://twitter.com/FentyStats/status/1029854687611285504

Fans had a field day speculating what the two were doing together. A new film? A joint album? As a duo of highly multitalented individuals, they could quite honestly be working on a project of any kind. Whatever it is, just know that I will be first in line to witness/listen to the final product.

A Rihanna/ Donald Glover collaboration is on the way.

All is well.

Maya Ramani, University of Virginia

Maya Ramani

University of Virginia