Want to Earn Money by Using Your Creative Skills? Read This

It might not pay all your bills, but your creativity can definitely give you some financial cushion.

When you are young and still in college, it can be tough to manage expenses, especially when you don’t want to take any help from your parents. While many students take up part-time jobs to fund their education and save some money for themselves, it can often take a toll on their physical and mental health.

Balancing work and education is not for everyone. Besides, it’s not easy to get a well-paying part-time job anyway. However, what if you could use the skills that you already have to make money online or by spending your money wisely?

1. Online Tutoring

If you have a good understanding of a certain subject, such as software programming, chemistry, economics, etc., then you can earn an impressive income by sharing your knowledge with others.

There are millions of students across the world that need more help than their universities can provide. These students have led to the rise of international online teaching, and they can be your customers if you know where to look for them.

The following are some of the best online platforms where you can earn by teaching students across the globe: Tutor, Preply, Chegg and TutorVista.

Before you get started with online tutoring, however, you must ensure that you have everything that you might need. For starters, you will get to teach only those subjects for which you have a relevant educational background, such as a diploma or a degree, but job experience may also count. You will also need some hardware as well, like a decent laptop or a computer with a webcam and a mic.

2. Freelance Writing

One of the best things about freelance writing is that you don’t have to have a degree in literature or mass communication to get started, although it would help if you have relevant background. For the most part though, you just need to be good at researching different subjects and writing interesting blogs, eBooks, website pages, etc., on them, since these are the typical projects that you will get.

There are many freelance websites, such as iwriter.com and upwork.com, where you can find writing projects; however, when you are getting started, you may not get work easily. So, to attract clients, you can offer lower rates than others. Then, as you start making a name for yourself and get more positive reviews, you can increase your fees gradually.

If you want, you can also set up your own blog to earn income through ads or affiliate marketing. However, you might need to wait several months before your blog starts getting enough visitors to generate a decent income, which is why you should consider this option only when you are fine with earning in the long-term.

3. Smart Shopping

Did you know that you can earn money by spending money? Yes, you read that right. By using credit cards that offer cashback offers, you can earn money while purchasing everyday items you need. The key is using the right credit card for the right purchases.

For instance, when you want to earn money when dining out, then you can use a Discover it Cash Back or Chase Freedom credit card, both of which offer flat 5 percent back on restaurants.

Similarly, when you are shopping at grocery stores, then you want to use Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card that lets you earn up to 2 percent cashback on groceries and 3 percent on any category in grocery or wholesale clubs.

It’s also a good idea to check what kind of interest rate you are paying on your current credit card and what its annual fees and other charges are like. If the overall annual expense is high, then you can compare your card with others in the market and opt for a balance transfer.

4. Influencer Marketing

Are you popular on social media and knowledgeable about a certain topic, such as video games, fashion or traveling? If your answer is yes, then you can become an influencer to earn money by promoting different brands and products.

Here’s the thing: Brands understand the importance of online marketing today, and since social media plays a big role in that domain, they are always looking for users that have a massive following. So, if you have hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitter or Instagram, then you can partner with certain brands to promote their products on your profile. In return, you may get compensation and perks.

Influencer marketing is a great way to make lots of money in a comparatively easy manner. That said, it’s not for everyone. You have to be patient and not expect overnight success, as pointed out by three of the top social media influencers, Jeanne Grey, Sai de Silva and Krystal Bick. You also have to learn about new social media trends and adapt accordingly to become popular. Only then you can become a top influencer.

5. Selling Stuff Online

Have some old stuff lying around? If you don’t need it anymore, then why not sell it for a quick buck? All you have to do is set up an eBay or Amazon account and start selling. There are all kinds of things that you can sell, including your old guitar, computer or smartphone.

If you want to generate consistent revenue, then you can also go one step further and start creating fresh products yourself. For instance, you can design attractive T-shirts, fashion accessories or jewelry, and sell them at a good margin depending on the quality and designs. Certain websites, such as Etsy and ArtFire, are dedicated to selling products like these.