in an article about math games, a kid playing a math game on a tablet

The Best Math Games for Kids in 2022

Make learning fun for your little one.

Does your kid perform badly at math? If yes, you’re not alone. All over the world, tons of children either perform terribly at math or completely blank out the subject. This isn’t because math is a complex subject. It’s mainly because kids either haven’t studied with the right learning resources or a right math tutor.

This is where math games come in. In today’s world, game-based learning is becoming even more popular and has been recommended by several education experts. Thankfully, there are numerous helpful online and offline math games for kids that could usher your child into the world of math and help them develop a better relationship with the subject.

Whether you’re a parent or math teacher, you should certainly include some of these games into your child’s curriculum. So, without further ado, let’s take a quick look at the best math games for kids.

Online Math Games

Looking for fun math games online? Here are some of the best ones:

Brighterly

Brighterly.com is definitely one of the best learning platforms out there. The site offers interactive math games for kids online and nurtures youngsters into loving math. Since this startup is a huge proponent of game-based learning, your kid is bound to enjoy engaging activities during one-on-one sessions with a tutor. But that isn’t even the best part yet. Brighterly offers adaptive learning, which means that your child gets to play fun online math games that suit their learning needs best.

PBS Kids

PBS Kids is yet another efficient platform that provides fun online math games for kids. Here, kids can choose from a wide range of interactive and fun math games that would help build their knowledge of the subject. Each game comes with different activities and missions that must be completed.

The best part? You don’t have to pay to play these games. Thus, PBS Kids is one of the best hubs for accessing free online math games. It’s also available in Spanish.

Prodigy

Teaching math can be a tad boring if you don’t infuse any elements of fun. Fortunately, Prodigy is committed to helping parents and teachers all over the world deliver engaging lessons in math and English. It offers exciting math games online. With Prodigy Math, students get to engage in epic math battles that are both adventurous and mentally stimulating. As they play, they have to answer specific math questions to move on to the next level.

This platform is an absolute steal because it allows you to view students’ data and then offer a needs-based assessment.

AdaptedMind

Learning doesn’t have to be boring nor take place within the four walls of a classroom. This is the exact premise upon which AdaptedMind operates. This platform transforms real math problems into a fun math game for kids.

As children advance, they earn badges and fight off cute monsters by solving math problems. This way, kids won’t get bored and zone out while learning.

TurtleDiary

Looking for free math games for your child? TurtleDiary is a great place to begin your search. This educational website offers over a thousand educational activities to help children learn better and equally improve their retention. Each activity corresponds to a certain grade level, so you don’t have to worry about overly complex problems.

From subtraction to multiplication games and even assessment tests, there’s always an activity for your child to try out. TurtleDiary also offers multiplayer games for kids. So, if you have more than one kid, you don’t have to worry about anyone feeling left out.

Math Games Apps

Looking for fun math games for kids that can be downloaded onto your mobile phone or PC? We’ve got you. If you prefer the idea of an actual app rather than a website, the following math games apps will come in handy:

Monster Math

Kids love nothing more than a great adventure while learning, and this interactive app offers them the best of both worlds. In Monster Math, kids get to learn basic arithmetic skills such as adding and subtraction while going on daring missions with Maxx, the friendly monster. Designed for children from the 1st to the 3rd grade, this app features loads of monsters (nothing too scary) and interesting storylines. This app contains a lot of games and other math for 3rd graders. The best part? It’s absolutely free and, as such, is a great choice if you’re looking to download free math games for kids.

P.S. It’s available on both the App Store and Google Play.

SplashLearn

Formerly known as Splash Math, SplashLearn is an interactive K-5 program that provides a comprehensive curriculum for students. It offers tons of fun games and virtual rewards that kids have to work for. These games come with high-quality HD graphics and sound effects to maximize the experience and make it even more engaging.

It also offers in-depth explanations for wrong answers, ensuring that students learn from their mistakes.

Khan Academy

Khan Academy is one of the most popular kids’ math games resources on the market. This educational platform offers powerful tools for both teachers and kids. For starters, it has a free summer learning program where kids get to participate in hands-on activities. With animated videos, games and engaging whimsical characters, kids get to build a healthy relationship with math. A fun narrator, Kodi Bear, guides them on their journey through math and literacy. What’s more, you can monitor their progress as a parent or teacher, which will guide your assessment of the kids’ learning needs.

This app is available for free on the Apple, Google Play or Amazon app stores.

Board Math Games

Away from online games and websites, if you’re looking to play math games with your kid, board games are perfect. Here are a few worth trying out:

Fish Stix

Fish Stix is a fun strategic game where players match fish according to their direction and color to score points. Each player has to get 10 counts of each kind of fish. This fun family game helps children practice color recognition and counting while building their strategy and visual reasoning skills. It takes just seconds to learn and is a great family bonding activity. The game is suitable for kids aged six and up.

Monopoly

Who doesn’t love a good old game of Monopoly? It’s never too late to teach your kids basic economic, financial and math skills. Fortunately, there are tons of kid-friendly monopoly games that can help you teach your kids the rudiments of the game. With fun tokens and simple math activities, this game will boost your child’s math and strategic thinking skills.

MOBIHelp

MOBIHelp is an interactive tile game that helps young kids learn basic math skills and apply them to real problems. In this game, players connect blue number tiles with equations in a crossword-style grid. The first player to use up all their blue tiles wins.

Conclusion

Game-based learning is integral for kids to build a healthy relationship with math. If you’re looking to play math games with your kids, these apps are certainly a great start. Choosing from math facts games to board games and apps, you can constantly engage your child in different ways.