The Naked Philanthropist

The Naked Philanthropist vs. The Australian Wildfires

Not all heroes wear capes; some of them wear nothing at all.

When one thinks of a superhero, nine times out of 10, we think of them wearing a cape. Batman wears one, as does Superman and even Wonder Woman. But there is one specific hero I can think of that doesn’t wear a cape, and in most cases, she doesn’t wear anything at all. That hero goes by one name: the Naked Philanthropist.

In a time of crisis, one young lady decided to step up and take charge. She set out with one goal in mind: to help in any way that she can with the fires that are destroying Australia. And how exactly did this naked superhero help with the fires? Simple: with a tweet and a promise. But first, let’s talk about this horrible tragedy.

The Australian Fires

As of right now, Australia is burning and it is burning bad. These horrible fires started around September of 2019, and although many have been put out, they are still burning as of today. It is the worst case of wildfires Australia has seen in many decades. And the worst part about it is that nature isn’t the only one to blame here. There have been reports of people starting some of these terrible fires on purpose.

The New South Wales police have arrested and charged at least 24 people for starting these fires and taken legal action against 183 more for different fire-related offenses. The number of human deaths so far is somewhere around 28 people, four of whom were firefighters battling the blaze. It is estimated that there have been more than 3,000 homes that have been lost in the disaster.

The Damage the Fires Have Caused

Besides people starting some of these fires, the rest of them began because of climate change. In 2019 and 2020, Australia has seen some record-breaking temperatures along with months of drought. These two horrible conditions have helped not just start the fires, but also spread them and make it very difficult to put out.

These fires have spread so much since their start that they have destroyed an estimated 15.6 million acres of land. This land that consists of forests, parks and bush is home to many different kinds of wildlife, all of which call Australia home. These animals range from farm animals to koalas and kangaroos, to some animals that are near extinction.

Kangaroo Island, which is in the state of South Australia, was hit extremely hard by these fires. It is estimated that there have been more than 25,000 koalas killed in the blaze. Wildlife experts are very worried about a marsupial called a dunnart and the black glossy cockatoo. Both of these animals are very near extinction and could be killed off completely if these fires aren’t stopped in time.

An Unlikely Hero in a Time of Need

Besides the thousands of firefighters and military personnel that are doing everything in their power to fight these horrible fires, there have been many different people all over the world stepping up and doing their part to help to raise money and help Australia. Enter one very unexpected hero, with a very unique way of raising money to help Australia.

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s the Naked Philanthropist! Move over Superman and take that cape with you: There’s a new hero in town and her name is Kaylen Ward, and she doesn’t need a cape — or any items of clothing for that matter. Kaylen understood how devastating the Australian fires were and knew that she had to step up and do anything she could to help.

The Tweet Heard Round the World

And on Jan. 3, that’s precisely what the 20-year-old naked philanthropist did. With what can best be described as the tweet heard round the world, @lilearthangelk tweeted out:

“I’m sending nudes to every person who donates at least $10 to any one of these fundraisers for the wildfires in Australia. Every $10 you donate = one nude picture from me to your DM. You must send me confirmation that you donated. Please RT #AustraliaOnFire #AustraliaFires”

As of right now, the original tweet has over 90,000 retweets and more than 230,000 likes, and as for raising money for the Australian fires, it is estimated that Kaylen has received over $1 million in donations, some of which were donations of $1,000 and one even being $5,000. Her team claims that they have sent out over 10,000 nude pictures.

Despite this amazing act of raising money to help benefit such a disaster, Instagram shut down Kaylen’s account, saying that she violated their terms. How dare you, people at Instagram! This young lady is out here doing God’s work. But in better news, Instagram wasn’t the only one to notice Kaylen’s good deed.

Others Join in to Help Australia

Sometimes it just takes one person to step up and do something to start a trend, and that is exactly what happened with our naked philanthropist. Famous porn star Riley Ried tweeted out: “I saw first hand how horrid the #AustraliaFires are. People and animals are dying & losing their homes. Please help spread awareness and donate. Email me proof of donation & I’ll send you personal photos &/or videos.”

Models Emmy Eliott and Jenna Lee also tweeted out that they are joining in and are willing to exchange nudes for proof of donations. And I say good for them. These ladies are doing a great thing, for a great cause. Sending out nude pics in exchange for donations might be a kind of unorthodox way of raising money for disaster relief, but if it works, it works. Good job, ladies. I’m sure not only are the people of Australia thankful for this act of kindness but so are a lot of people who are receiving your pictures.