Here's an image displaying a collection of essential items for a busy day. You can see items like a water bottle, makeup kit, oil blotting sheets, portable fan, Band-Aids, and comfortable shoes arranged neatly.

Rush Bag Essentials

Discover the Must-Have Essentials for Your Sorority Recruitment Rush Bag

As you embark on the exciting journey of sorority recruitment, one of the most essential steps to ensure a smooth experience is packing your rush bag wisely. Having a well-prepared rush bag can make a significant difference. Here’s a guide to help you pack the perfect rush bag for recruitment week.

What Bag?

Being prepared is key for sorority recruitment, and that includes not only choosing your outfits but also packing your rush bag effectively. While some schools provide a rush bag, other colleges don’t. Consider Longchamp, Amazon, Goyard, or Etsy, which offer excellent options. If your school does provide a bag, I recommend adding a ribbon or bow to differentiate yours from others. Remember, you won’t take your rush bag into the house, so feel free to get creative—this is all for you!

Essential Items for Your Rush Bag:

• Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is crucial, especially during busy days filled with events and talking.
  • Extra Makeup: Keep a small kit for touch-ups, including lip gloss and powder. This will help you maintain a fresh look throughout the day.
  • Oil Blotting Sheets: These are lifesavers for keeping your face shine-free during interviews and presentations.
  • Portable Fan: Recruitment can get surprisingly warm with all the excitement and crowded spaces. A small, handheld fan can be a game-changer.
  • Band-Aids: It’s always a good idea to have a few on hand for any minor cuts or blisters from new shoes.
  • Comfortable Shoes: As you’ll be moving from house to house, it’s crucial to have comfortable footwear. Pack a pair of comfortable shoes like Birkenstocks or flip-flops. This ensures you stay comfortable throughout the day.

Making Your Bag Stand Out:

Since you won’t take your rush bag into the sorority house, you have the freedom to get creative. Use this opportunity to express your personality and style. Decorative elements like ribbons, patches, or personalized tags not only make your bag distinctive but also.  

Final Tips:

Remember, the key to a successful recruitment week is preparation. Pack your bag the night before to ensure you have everything you might need. This not only helps reduce stress but also allows you to focus more on the interactions and experiences of the day.