HO2GO

Meet HO2GO, the Bag Putting an End to the Walk of Shame

The to-go bag is a necessary, possibly problematic solution to your post-party problems.

Ladies, sometimes, a night out can turn into a very long night out — so long in fact, that you may find yourself not finding your way back home until the following morning. Upon waking up, you quickly realize that you’re not in your own place. Although last night was fun, you find yourself in a dilemma.

This isn’t good. You’re a busy woman and you have things to do. As you try to push away the fog in your head, courtesy of last night’s White Claws, you attempt to locate your shirt that you have seemed to have misplaced. Frustrated and late, you grab one of his shirts and head out the door. Now begins the long journey from his place to yours, a venture that is commonly referred to as the “walk of shame.”

Want to avoid all of this annoying hassle? Don’t worry — HO2GO has you covered.

The Walk of Shame

Although Urban Dictionary should never be considered a reliable resource overall, the infamous online concordance defines the walk of shame as, “The walk from another person(s) house, apartment, condo, dorm, van, bar, park bench or other; to your place of residence wearing the same clothes you had on the night before.”

Urban Dictionary also says that the term is “typically used when someone leaves the home of a sexual escapade (quite possibly with someone you met the night before) in the morning; hair sticking out in all directions, lines on your face, and missing at least one article of clothing.”

I personally have never liked the term walk of shame, since I do not believe there is anything to be ashamed of. Partying is fun. Sex is fun. And so is walking to your apartment with three inches of snow on the ground at 5 a.m. in the dead of winter with one shoe on. For the record, yes, this has happened to me.

But, what would you say if I told you there exists a to-go bag that can put an end to the walk of shame forever?

Introducing HO2GO

So what exactly is HO2GO? It’s actually very simple. A HO2GO is a to-go bag dedicated to women that supplies them with everything they might need to help turn the walk of shame into a walk of fame.

Okay, the walk of fame might be somewhat of a stretch — your path won’t be lined with stars containing famous people’s names — but it will add a bit of flash to your walk home through the snow with one shoe on.

The list of items included in the HO2GO bag include flip flops (having only one shoe for the walk home isn’t great), a T-shirt (so you won’t have to steal anyone else’s), leggings (just in case it’s cold outside and you wore a skirt), sunglasses (aka hater blockers; plus sunlight and hangovers don’t mix) and a deodorant wipe (because everyone needs to smell good).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwe7EFjBvRB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Additional materials included in the HO2GO bag include a hair tie, toothbrush and toothpaste, a makeup wipe, lip balm, a velour jewelry pouch and, of course, headache relief.

Overall I think the HO2GO is a pretty neat concept, especially if you enjoy nights out and find yourself going home with somebody on the regular. In addition, I think that the bag would not only be a good thing to have for yourself, but would be a great gift to give to your friends too. Remember that the holiday season is right around the corner. You can grab one of these bags on the company’s website for $30.

Is HO2GO Degrading to Women?

I was introduced to the HO2GO through a podcast that I listen to. If you’ve ever listened to a podcast, you know that hosts will typically run ads during the show from time to time. Consequently, HO2GO was one of the ads that I heard, and I honestly was semi-shocked when I heard the advertisement initially.

You might not know me, but I have a great sense of humor, so my natural reaction was to laugh. “Did she really just call a to-go bag HO2GO?” I thought to myself. “This bag can’t be a real thing. This must be some kind of joke.” As any logical person would do, I visited the website, and it turns out, HO2GO isn’t a joke at all. It is very much a real product.

The more I thought about the product, the more I began to ponder the social ramifications of the HO2GO. Should someone be creating and selling something of this nature? Everyone knows what the walk of shame is, but is it something that a company should be publicly advertising to the world? And should women be carrying around a to-go bag that has the word “ho” on the side?

Honestly, I’d like to know your thoughts on the HO2GO bag. If you’ve never heard of this, you should head over to the company’s website and check it out. Do you think the company has struck gold? Or do you find the HO2GO offensive? And for those that are hookup-inclined, you can read an article in The Washington Citypaper for the best adult hookup sites.