Coca-Cola Energy

Breaking News: Coca-Cola Is Releasing an Energy Drink

Do we really need another energy drink? Coke says that we do.

Coca-Cola finally said enough is enough. In a world filled with sleepy people and a market full of energy drinks to wake them up, the king of cola is tired of standing idly by and watching from the sidelines as energy drinks receive all of the attention. Coke refuses to be ignored any longer.

As a result, coming to a convenience store near you in 2020 is Coca-Cola Energy. Red Bull might give you wings, and Monster allows you to unleash the beast, but Coca-Cola Energy will allow you to enjoy an energy drink … that tastes just like Coca-Cola.

Really Coke? That’s it? That’s what you’re going with?

Yup, it’s that simple; no unleashing of monsters, no sprouting of wings, just a nice simple energy drink that tastes just like the cola that we all know and love. So, go sit down Kyle — this energy drink isn’t for you. Coke’s energy drink alternative is aimed at the people that don’t want to shotgun five cans of Monster and punch a hole in the wall. Surprisingly, Coca-Cola Energy is already available in 25 different countries worldwide and is set to make its way to the United States in January 2020.

What’s Inside?

To be honest, there’s nothing too special about Coca-Cola Energy, but that is precisely what the creators had in mind. No flashy gimmicks, no broken promises and no random wing growth; just the great taste of Coca-Cola with an extra kick of caffeine. It’s a smart move on Coke’s behalf, and they definitely have my attention in addition to many others, I’m sure.

What’s inside Coca-Cola Energy? If you guessed Coke, then you’d be absolutely correct. This new energy drink is just a can of Coke on steroids. Picture a Coca-Cola that has been in the gym seven days a week, but always skips leg day. Okay, that might be a bit too hyperbolic, but for a 12-ounce can, Coca-Cola Energy packs a pretty big punch.

For the sake of comparison, a regular 12-ounce can of Coke has 34 milligrams of caffeine, while a can of Diet Coke holds 46 milligrams; Coca-Cola Energy boasts 114 milligrams of caffeine. Granted, that might not seem like a lot considering that Monster uses 160 milligrams per can, but Coca-Cola Energy is solely restricted to 12 ounce cans. In addition to the caffeine boost, these new energy drinks will include an assortment of B-vitamins and guarana extract.

The Flavors

Arguably, the most appealing aspect of Coke’s new energy drink is the flavors. If you look at Red Bull and Monster, the cans in the gas station cooler resemble a rainbow of sorts: red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange — every color imaginable. Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Everybody enjoys a variety of flavors, but sometimes all those options can overwhelm the consumer.

Luckily, Coca-Cola took this into account in an attempt to attract an entirely fresh audience. Although the majority of contemporary energy drinks are marketed toward teens and young adults, Coca-Cola Energy is designed for older adults. People who abstained from energy drinks in the past can now indulge with no shame because drinking Coca-Cola Energy is practically the same as drinking a normal Coke.

Furthermore, Coca-Cola’s new energy drink will be available in four different flavors: Original, Zero Sugar Original, Cherry and Zero Sugar Cherry. For Coke fans, you’re probably familiar with the lineup, but for newcomers, this unveiling might appear a bit basic. However, this simplicity is precisely why I believe that this energy drink will do so well in the United States.

But, Why?

According to the Caffeine Informer, Americans spent almost $11 billion on energy drinks in 2018 alone. That’s a lot of money, and a lot of people all jacked up on caffeine. Our Founding Fathers would be so proud. Clearly, there is a market for energy drinks, so I would say the people over at Coke might be on to something.

Americans love caffeine. If you can engineer creative ways to incorporate caffeine into consumable products, we are more than willing to try it. Whether it is mixed into gum, water, syrup mix or sodas, if you invent it, Americans will be there to buy it.

Nevertheless, it is safe to assume that people worldwide love energy drinks and soda (you might call it cola, pop or whatever), and if there were an international cola war being waged, Coke would be winning it. Creating a cola-flavored energy drink is a guaranteed global success for the beverage company. Not only will the new drink appeal to young people, but Coca-Cola Energy will likely appeal to older generations as well.

Do We Really Need Coca-Cola Energy?

In a world that already has an expansive selection of energy drinks, do you think we really need another one added to that list?

Of course, we do! Why wouldn’t we? Energy drinks are good, America loves them and — as a Diet Coke enthusiast — I am beyond excited to try Coca-Cola Energy for myself.

Sure, if you drink 15 energy drinks in a day (please don’t consume 15 energy drinks in a day), you will probably have a heart attack. But, Americans have the right to wake up, to not fall asleep in class and stay energized on the job. Therefore, I say go ahead and make Coca-Cola Energy available in the U.S. The only question that I have is: What took you guys so long?