Normani and Destiny in Montego Bay, Jamaica

What a Collab With Normani and Ryan Destiny Sounds Like

These two have been working hard for their whole careers. It's time to see them work together.

Recently, Normani took a trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica. And the “Motivation” star was not alone. What could be perceived as the latest squad goals consisted of Ryan Destiny, Jordyn Woods, Winnie Harlow, Taina Williams and Lori Harvey. The group flew away for a whole week to celebrate Harvey’s recent birthday and looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so.

A plethora of photos hit the internet showcasing what a good time they all had, but a couple seemed to be more eyecatching than others.

Normani and Destiny each posted a picture on their respective Instagram pages featuring one another, glistening and glowing under the sun. The dust barely settled before fans and even celebs questioned exactly when the two powerful stars would collaborate on a song together. This is not the first time, and it certainly will not be the last from the look of how anticipated this match is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ZECXln5mj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ZECXln5m

Allegedly, the girls first crossed paths at the Teen Choice Awards in 2017. Destiny had just performed “Ain’t Thinkin Bout You” from the television drama “Star” with her cast members. At the time, Fifth Harmony was still active as a girl band and presenting for the awards. Both groups took awards home at the end of the night and even better, a friendship quickly formed between them. Or as the fans prefer to call them, Rymani.

Destiny even took to Twitter to cheer Normani on as she competed in the national television show “Dancing with the Stars.” She expressed how she believed Normani to be a “winner” hands down. The same boisterous comments followed about a collaboration with the two singers, but years later they have yet to release tracks featuring one another.

The Jamaica trip stirred the pot once again and fans could not contain themselves. One commented, “Can we get a collab? For the sake of the melanin!” Someone else demanded in bold, “Collab or I throw hands.”

Okay, we get it.

The chemistry between the two singers would be gold on a track, especially considering the similar routes the girls have taken in the music industry. Destiny’s “The Same” is a hit single with old school R&B vibes. The 25-year-old has not yet released a full project yet, which could mean that there is a possibility for Normani to make an appearance even if it’s simply a hook on one song.

As for Normani, the star has shown her fans how versatile she can be when it comes to her sound. In her short years as a solo artist, Normani has taken the world by storm. People have even claimed she is the next big performer to hit the stage since Beyoncé. Her musical evolution traces back from Fifth Harmony’s “Miss Movin’ On” to “Waves,” a fresh spin on old ‘90s music.

One could expect a collaboration with Normani and Destiny to be nothing short of that same nostalgic, yet new, feel. The song would most likely be a rhythmic ballad with both pop and hip-hop influences. Vocally, the girls’ voices would complement one another: Normani’s voice is warm and full of timbre, and Destiny’s is slightly deeper and as smooth as butter. Not to mention their harmonies would carry the song.

While it is a possibility Normani and Destiny will not collaborate, there are few signs completely ruling out the project. Neither artist has dropped a full album and there have not been announcements alluding to one on Destiny’s part. Normani, however, has said countless times to expect one in the near future.

In an interview with 102.7 KIIS FM, the singer said, “I have been working on the album for a while now. I think the tour kind of took a lot of time. With me being away, I tried to get into the studio as much as I can and write on the road. I’m probably more than half way there. It’s really just finalizing, getting all the bells and whistles and perfecting it.”

The long wait for the album is sure to be worth it, although the expected release date is pretty much nonexistent. Normani promises new songs, features and more. But whether or not the album will include Destiny was not answered.

Pharrell Williams, songwriter and producer, is said to be behind the star on her upcoming album, which can only mean one thing. When the project is released, it is bound to be an iconic record. Williams has worked with numerous artists including Ariana Grande, Frank Ocean and Britney Spears.

Destiny and Normani share a perfectionist streak in regards to their upcoming albums, so there is no rush for either project to come out. The star recently took on the role of playing Claressa Shields in “Flint Strong,” a biopic about a woman who was the first in her country to win an Olympic gold medal for boxing. Acting and music are equally her passion, and fans are just as excited to see it. Destiny has ended her role as Alex on the show “Star” and opted to do things her own way for once.

In an interview with Los Angeles Times, the artist said, “I finally get to be myself, and for people to see that and appreciate and recognize that it is different from the show and it is just me is really refreshing,” she says. “It’s been a long time coming.”

The same could be said for both stars seeing as there has been an apparent history of drama and sacrifice throughout their careers as artists. Normani shared explicit details about not being in control while being in Fifth Harmony just as Destiny compromised moving on with her music career due to “Star.”

No one can deny this decade is bound to be the time these two talented women take back their power. As for music, there is a 50-50 chance that the two will collaborate. Fans will just have to wait and find out.