Bhad Bahbie

Bhad Bhabie Almost Got Scammed, But Is She Scamming Others?

The scandal involving the 16-year-old rapper and a shady watch company doesn't seem to be getting any attention.

Two weeks ago, 16-year-old American rapper Bhad Bhabie, also known as Danielle Bregoli, nearly fell victim to a $450,000 scammer attack. An office supposedly located in Hong Kong and ran by Chinese billionaire Peter Woo reached out to Bhad Bhabie offering her a private jet, a private chauffeur, a $10,000 wardrobe budget and luxury housing for hosting a charity event supporting trafficking survivors in Hong Kong.

When the alleged scammers asked Bhad Bhabie to cash a $450,000 check and wire them back $300,000, Bhad Bhabie and her team immediately grew skeptical. After their own investigation, they found this website to be a replica of other charity webpages that scammers previously used to target celebrities. In the end, Bhad Bhabie wired back the check with $0.01 and a memo reading: “SUCK MY D***. LOVE, BHAD BHABIE.”

This is the scam that targeted Bhad Bhabie we all know about; but what most people don’t know about is the scam that targeted the rapper’s fans — by none other than Bhad Bhabie herself.

Just a few days after Bhad Bhabie was almost cheated out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, the rapper took to Snapchat and promoted William-Mills watches. William-Mills supposedly ran a 24-hour Valentine’s Day offer where customers could spin a wheel for the chance to win a trip to Dubai or $240 toward their designer watches. In Bhad Bhabie’s Snapchat, she flashed these watches on her wrist then proceeded to walk her Snapchat viewers through how they too could score these sleek, designer commodities. Originally, these watches were priced at $80 or more, but with a win from the wheel, only $20 to $30 with shipping. Sounds too good to be true? That’s because it is.

Bhad Bhabie’s Snapchat viewers are furious and rightfully so. Even more frustrating for those conned is that none of the big media platforms have called her out. News Online Income was one of the first to mention William-Mills fraudulence, excluding Bhad Bhabie’s participation in the scam. This started the conversation for people who realized they had been scammed, noticing they no longer had confirmation emails, nor could they track their packages because the website shut down. Many are asking for refunds and a few have called out Bhad Bhabie.

Later that week, YouTuber Well (n0fries), posted a video expressing his anger at Bhad Bhabie for targeting young, impressionable fans. He urged media platforms, or anyone that got ahold of the scandal, to spread awareness and hold these influential celebrities accountable.

Well continued to share with his viewers the telltale signs that the William-Mills company was a fake. First, he noticed that the company was registered on Dec. 1. As a new business, they most likely cannot afford a promotion as grand as the one they were offering, in addition to anything they might’ve offered Bhad Bhabie. Well persisted and found there was no return address. Without a return address, customers have nowhere to return their purchases if needed.

The red flags continued: The company used Gmail rather than a company email, the promotion lasted longer than 24 hours, the website is now deleted and these watches are actually sold on Amazon for $0.01. Well asked us for one thing and that is “to make this clear… Tweet it, do whatever. But please tell your friends, this is a scam and this is unacceptable.”

Bhad Bhabie’s been involved in another scam with Epods, knock-off AirPods. Bad reviews appeared on Trustpilot, where those who ordered them claimed they never received theirs and their confirmation emails disappeared as well.

At the end of the day, scams like this cannot go unnoticed and at the least, we deserve an apology @BhadBhabie.