TV & Film

Responsive image
Screens x

They are incredibly popular, forming their own subsection of YouTube. But what is it about the genre that has attracted so many viewers?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Known for playing Santana Lopez on the popular show, the actress’s untimely death last month shocked millions of fans across the world, sparking a celebration of her Latina LGBTQ+ character.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Someone has to fill the void left by Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow. Who will step up?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix’s new documentary series reaffirms the notion that change for the better can be possible by taking even the smallest of steps.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Armando Ianucci’s new comedic sci-fi series, featuring Hugh Laurie, Zach Woods and Rebecca Front, seems eerily similar to the current political climate in the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Netflix original series illuminates the nuances of arranged marriage in the modern era, as well as the persistent shortcomings of Indian society.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

All of the concerts in the NPR Music series are great, but these six are guaranteed to get you moving and grooving.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Disney Channel sitcom may have been made in the early 2000s, but their representation of racism feels like a gaze into the future.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new show by the ‘Regular Show’ creator provides fans growing out of their 20s an assurance that even 30-somethings have trouble being adults.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Impressive action sequences, a well-executed concept and massive strides in representation make the action comic book film worth watching.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The popular Dungeons and Dragons ‘actual play’ podcast ‘Critical Role’ is getting a new animated series on Amazon Prime.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Now that the public is growing more aware of her pattern of wrongdoing, she might be getting dethroned as the queen of daytime television.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Netflix original tried to depict its audience with love and accuracy, but may have further contributed to its frustration with mainstream politics.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The app has a lot more to offer than Addison Rae’s dance videos. These redecorating hacks will help you achieve your dream space.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Aronofsky’s dance-thriller turns 10 in September, making it the perfect time to reflect on why it deserves recognition as an important contemporary film.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Adaptations of Norse mythology have become commonplace in American and British pop culture. The Norwegian series finally presents a Scandinavian take on its folklore while incorporating present-day issues.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

There are now more LGBTQ+ focused biopics, movies, TV shows and other forms of media, but it’s not LGBTQ+ actors who are telling these stories.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Looking for your latest binge-worthy series? This crime show will keep you glued to your seat as you uncover the mysteries of the town and its residents.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi action film remains a classic thriller for both cinema fanboys and critics alike. On its decade anniversary, the movie holds up.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Inspired by the ‘Flashpoint’ comic series, the film could feature alternative versions of heroes like Superman, Batman and even the Flash.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The groundbreaking Korean drama reimagines media representation of mental health to build a show about struggle and growth.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

From compelling female leads to subversive views of sexuality and the body, this list offers terrifying films where the women are in charge.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

Instead of villainizing technology just because it’s trendy, Cal Newport makes a compelling case for satisfaction that runs deeper than pings and pixels.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The series implements intricate lessons on empathy and perception, and with its inclusiveness, indicates a positive direction for children’s programming.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Fans hoped they could continue the story of the legendary ninja in the anime that follows his son. But only the manga can do this ninja family justice.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Social media stories are awash with various images that correspond to users’ names. But where do these entertaining photos come from?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Fans were fearful that the new HBO Max reboot would kill off the amazing world of the original series. Fortunately, the genius has only expanded.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The show demonstrates that it is important to be grateful for what we have, even during these difficult times.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The film, now found on Hulu, is a refreshed ‘Groundhog Day’ story that stands apart from the stereotypical romantic comedy.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Hailing from South Africa, the new Netflix series mixes pressing issues with an engaging coming-of-age narrative.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Parents face a new dilemma: navigating the role of technology and its potential negative impacts on their offspring in the digital age.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Like any piece of historical fiction, the musical takes some artistic license, but fans are now wondering if the show has gone too far.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Creators Nat and Aly draw in listeners with their friendly banter and exploration of haunted things in this casual podcast about all things spooky.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Far more than just a space show, the sci-fi franchise continues to explore complex moral topics from a wide variety of perspectives.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The first two seasons of the German sci-fi series gained popularity for their mind-bending depiction of time travel. The third season brings the sprawling saga to an end.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix’s recent reboot taps into people’s fascination with unresolved cases in the hopes of getting justice for victims and their families.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In his relatively short career, the young actor has portrayed a range of roles. But one can’t help but wonder how good their hygiene really is.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

There are many award-winning musicals on Disney+ and other streaming platforms that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

A gay man repulsed by bodily functions and a struggling actress decide to enter a relationship. What could possibly go wrong?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Despite a big budget and an all-star cast, the long-awaited film adaptation of the beloved book series has disappointed both fans and critics.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Users of the app are claiming these techniques can help you achieve anything you’d like. But do they actually work?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Michaela Coel’s comedy-drama series balances the gray areas of sexual violence through an evocative and semi-fictional depiction of adulthood.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

When seeking out anti-racism resources, make sure to do your research on what kind of messages are being promoted in art and in the media.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix’s adaptation of this horror tale has been underwhelming to say the least. But a return to the comic source might be the perfect witchcraft fix.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

TV programs about law enforcement ultimately function as propaganda that hides the ugly truths of American policing and justice

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Queen Bey is back with a new visual album that aims to uplift Black culture, but not everyone is excited about it.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

As she dives into the YouTube universe during a climate of political upheaval, the celebrity must wrestle with how to address her own privilege.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Rocksteady’s critically-acclaimed franchise supposedly ended in 2015, but all indications point to another installment on the horizon.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Content producers are suffering from overwork, stress and exhaustion as they attempt to satisfy audiences and algorithms quickly and successfully.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This Netflix docuseries is a must-watch for college students seeking an understanding of our current social and political climate.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This musical TV show may have its pitfalls, but it makes up for it with its relatable drama and entertaining music that explores the rich interior life of its characters.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Thirty-six years later, the film’s depiction of Indian culture deserves a reevaluation.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The depiction of queer people on the show’s fifth season is reigniting questions about how LGBTQ+ characters are portrayed in the media.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Asexuality and aromanticism are seemingly impossible to find in mainstream pop culture, but what if we look beyond the labels?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Saying sorry has become a staple on the video sharing website. Here’s a ranking of some of the more famous ones.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The steamy film is at the top of Netflix’s popularity charts. However, its messages surrounding healthy sexual relationships are dubious.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These Black influencers offer more than hair-care. They encourage viewers to love and appreciate all parts themselves — kinks, coils and all.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Documentaries like Netflix’s ‘Have a Good Trip’ and ’Neurons to Nirvana’ show that at a time when the world is dangerously divided, the use of hallucinogens could help fill the void between us.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This overlooked comedy from 2016 seems to have predicted the political and public health disasters of 2020.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

From new heroes to new threats, the upcoming comic book film has the potential to begin a new and exciting phase in the MCU.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Even with mixed reviews, the new Netflix film stands out as a tribute to the real Eurovision contest and its message of self-acceptance.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Whether you choose Kirby, Peach, Bayonetta or Dark Samus, who you select as your fighter speaks to your personality.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Kenny Ortega, the mind behind the hit Disney Channel film series, recently opened up about the sexuality of one of the characters. But why 14 years after the fact?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The virtual inaugural ceremony held on Juneteenth was a celebratory leap forward for Black lives, achievement and artistry.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

It is time to decide whether the video game is just all for laughs or if it truly deserves all the hype and influence it produces.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Often recognized as problematic due to racial stereotypes, the classic theme park attraction will soon honor the 2009 animated film that featured the first Black Disney princess.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The YouTuber’s success has been hit hard by the revival of his many past controversies concerning racism, blackface and the sexualization of minors.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The famous country singer, who has been called the Great Unifier, has a diverse group of fans because of her all-encompassing love for humanity.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

What seems to be a comical trend on the popular video-sharing platform actually hints at a larger discontent with the status quo.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new Netflix documentary entertains and informs those wanting to learn more about psychedelics — from a distance.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The reality TV sensation features fierce rivalry, but it also offers a lens into female empowerment and dynamic female representation.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Sharpen your forks and knives because it’s about to get bloody. Once you start watching the crime drama, you won’t be able to stop.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

The Black activist teaches aspiring allies the art of confrontation and the need to overcome comfort to achieve change.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Whether you’re into college football or you’re interested in how nature versus nurture impacts athletic ability, there’s something here for everyone.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

COVID-19 has led to the loss of many fun summer pastimes, but now it’s bringing back a much-loved activity.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Countless franchises create characters an audience will admire. What happens when a player is forced to question the motives of a beloved protagonist?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

It’s so hard for the Black community to find good representation on TV. But when Black screenwriters like Issa Rae are given a shot, they do it right.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In Netflix’s new game show, you can win $10,000 by completing the obstacle course. Just don’t fall into the lava!

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Disney film is considered a classic, but many people have a hazy recollection of the movie. The beautiful aesthetics, heartfelt story and strong characters make a rewatch definitely worthwhile.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These options promote a quiet, wholesome lifestyle and an escape from reality that has been difficult to find during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Apple TV+ brings a star-studded cast, surprisingly catchy music and a weird plot to its incredible new animated show.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Not everyone has access to the same feed on the video-sharing app. The types of videos you see may determine what division you are a part of.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Sometimes their actions spill out into real life, but really, they’re harmless, mostly.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Instead of using historical events as a crutch, the show uses nuanced writing to look at complex female characters and the nature of power.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While the first season packed juicy storylines and absurdity into eight episodes, the new season tones a lot down — including the characters’ sexualities.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The videos are more than just dances and lip syncing challenges — the app is changing how we find music, and even affecting the music charts.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After several changes and updates, the sci-fi game about exploring alien worlds is finally delivering on what it originally promised, and more.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Hulu’s ‘Love, Simon’ spin-off, with its complex story about sexuality and understanding oneself, is just what the teenage high school television canon needs.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Social media stars exhibit grand houses representing an ideal, home ownership, that is increasingly hard to come by for the average millennial. Millennials might not want it anyway.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

So-called ‘portal fantasy’ reveals the awe, fear and transformative power of traveling to another world — one that might be appealing in our present dystopia.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Just because the author has revealed her transphobia doesn’t mean fans have to completely abandon the the franchise. Instead, they can reclaim it.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Alan Moore’s comics explored a character’s psyche that continues to resonate with contemporary politics, albeit for the wrong reasons.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The acclaimed director has consistently probed difficult questions throughout his career. His latest feature is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

New Spider-Men? New villains? There’s loads of potential in the upcoming follow-up to the web-slinger’s 2018 smash hit.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Journalists must confront the controversies and mistakes of past reporters in order to do right by their subjects and their organizations.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Apple TV+’s latest series uses letters from people all over the world to demonstrate the impact one person can have.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Famous vloggers romanticize traveling alone, but it’s not everything it’s made out to be.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

By focusing on inequities and double standards in gender, race, relationships and family, this standup is proving herself to be one of the most timely comedic voices today.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

It isn’t safe to host parades and parties this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some LGBTQ pride in your living room.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? A gay sponge, according to Twitter speculation. The ocean eccentric is helping to normalize the LGBT community on TV.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Screens x

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Screens x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The Hulu miniseries uses everyday scenes to take on an all too persistent problem in the fight for racial equality.

Responsive Image

Traveling often feels expensive and out of reach. However, these two show viewers that seeing the world doesn’t have to be difficult.

Responsive Image

Incorporating a more racially diverse cast on the reality show is long overdue, and necessary to combat the program’s racial exclusivity.

Responsive Image

Previously focused on top-of-the-line ingredients and complex recipes, chefs and magazine editors have switched to pantry staples and cooking with just a few people.

Responsive Image

Netflix’s original series seeks to introduce its audience to a firsthand view of the challenges facing Black university students.

Responsive Image

A departure from the lighthearted comedy you might normally expect from Judd Apatow, this film is engaging, heartfelt and real.

Responsive Image

The protagonist of Insomniac Games’ brand-new title is leaving comic enthusiasts even more excited about the franchise’s newest installment.

Responsive Image

Here’s a starting point for educating yourself about the history and effects of racial inequality in the United States.

Responsive Image

Not everyone has the time or money to really pursue fitness. This YouTuber is making it easier for anyone to get into a solid workout routine, all without going to a gym.

Responsive Image

The trend is attractive because it promises freedom and simplicity. But even in a tiny house, life can still be pretty complex.

Responsive Image

Almost everything magical in the fantasy series relies on the use of animals in some shape or form. Is it even possible for a vegan to live in this world, and would they even want to?

Responsive Image

With quarantine keeping us idle in front of the TV, taking the time to instead record ourselves will reinvigorate our lives despite an uncertain future.

Responsive Image

Despite his smaller following than many, the progressive talk show host has repeatedly proven his skill in the YouTube debate arena.

Responsive Image

Celebrate the SpaceX launch by exploring the vastness of the cosmos from the comfort of your own home.

Responsive Image

American pop culture has been defined by black excellence for decades. From Gordon Parks to Aaliyah, black artists continue to influence the new generation.

Responsive Image

Breakups are hard. These five films will make crying, self-reflection and moving on easier than a tub of ice cream can.

Responsive Image

The Mason family left an imprint on the West Hollywood queer scene with their shop. Years later, members of the community talk of its unwavering relevance.

Responsive Image

Robert Pattinson (Battinson?) takes over for Batfleck, leading a new trilogy of movies about everyone’s favorite Caped Crusader.