TV & Film

Responsive image
Screens x

The Hulu show examines the dark side of the perfect suburban existence.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The French New Wave director who practically became a genre unto himself has inspired countless filmmakers, including the likes of Quentin Tarantino.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

If you’re running a business or side hustle, those followers don’t mean anything if they’re not buying something.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The 6-year-old lead character of the long-running manga and anime not only investigates crimes, but the culture of his native land as well.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The actor uses social media to highlight important causes, as well as push back against people who romanticize his starring role as a sociopath.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Liberty High will hopefully find some closure in this controversial Netflix series.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Set against the backdrop of Malaysia’s infamous 1969 race riots, this young adult novel and webtoon deals with the horrors of prejudice and trauma.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In a world where entertainment used to be about fantasy, these web series simply present the everyday existence of regular people.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The latest iteration of the long-running reality show franchise mixes song and romance.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

You might think the Netflix original just provides a twist on the love triangle trope, but you dont know the half of it.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The rapper and comedian, real name Dave Burd, opens up on his autobiographical FXX television show.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Three years after leaving his original comedy channel, the YouTuber is branching out while still staying true to his hilarious roots.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The famous YouTuber has stirred up his fair share of controversy, but how much of the ire directed his way is really because of corporate resentment for independent creators?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

When does the need for entertainment turn justice into just more pop culture fodder?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The hit series provides a fascinating look into a group of teenagers navigating their own adventures off the North Carolina coast.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new coming-of-age drama explores what it means to love one another — and yourself

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With their 31 year age difference, Big Ed and Rose are provoking an age-old discussion about love.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This 41-year-old mother has become an online sensation after posting wholesome vegan recipes and encouraging messages for her 2.8 million followers.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Instead of harsh judges and fierce competition, this program offers friendly cooperation and the fun of working together.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The anime will leave you with an endless amount of questions that you’ll be begging to have answered.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The app can help you memorize phrases, but you probably won’t be able to carry a conversation with a native speaker.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The digital symbols have had a huge impact on the way we communicate, whether we like it or not.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The K-pop group’s loyal fan base, known as the BTS ARMY, has run into some pushback in their quest to pump up views on platforms like YouTube.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While she plays a supporting role in the series, this working-class single mother combines tenderness and a strong moral center to anchor the show.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The second video game based off of the popular anime series ‘My Hero Academia’ has been released, but what have they improved?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Who will Devi choose? The supportive Ben who happens to be in a relationship, or the available bad boy Paxton?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With her dry humor, her experimental videos and her willingness to talk about sensitive topics, it’s no wonder she has millions upon millions of viewers.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The former Smosh YouTuber is offering a voice to those who are often oppressed and stereotyped, all in a judgment-free and educational way.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The final scene of the BBC series broke hearts, but the fanbase has coped by creating its own fan fiction and videos — much of it incredibly popular.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new Netflix film starring Chris Hemsworth became the No. 1 most watched on the day of its release. But what makes it more appealing than other films in the genre?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The latest streaming platform is bringing 10-minute ‘quick bites’ of TV straight to your phone. It’s a great idea, but the shows need some work.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

From curling your hair with straws to turning FaceTime off with your head, which viral tricks from the social media app are the real deal?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These content creators demonstrate that sustainability doesn’t have to be about going zero-waste all at once, but about improving where you can.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In an era where everything is online, turn off that screen and get lost in a riveting audio drama.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Directed by Alan Yang, the film revolves around a stoic Asian father and his strained relationship with his Americanized daughter — and his longing for home.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Underneath the catchy songs is a message about reaching out to others despite our differences.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The TNT adaptation will possibly build on the themes of climate catastrophe and class warfare seen in the original.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Just like ‘Coco’ and ‘Up,’ the latest film from the acclaimed animation studio mixes laughs and tears.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The classic franchise encounters a few changes — including an altered storyline.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The coming-of-age show deals with cultural identity, grief and teenage romance in a touching and relatable way.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The iconic show ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ will be released on Netflix soon, so now it’s time for the show’s sequel to receive the attention it deserves.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix is going beyond the typical reality TV program with its two latest hits.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

What are people actually doing when they’re on their computers or smartphones?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

It’s become an integral part of our lives, affecting the way we feel about ourselves — and possibly causing some financial drawbacks as well.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The people on this list can play whatever role, whenever.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With no dark-skin representation, the show is continuing the harmful idea that only light-skinned black people are worth casting.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The director’s films invite us into the raw everyday lives of unusual individuals.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After the success of ‘The Circle’ and ‘Love is Blind,’ Netflix has released another dating show with a twist.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Netflix show was supposedly about big cats in captivity, but its main focus was the crazy cast and their concerns over money and murder.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Going to the gym can be intimidating, not to mention expensive, but that doesn’t have to stop you from getting the exercise you need.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The popular YouTuber is estimated to be worth millions, so why does he keep acting like he’s so poor?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

On the surface, this dating program sounds like your typical reality show fare, but if you dig a little deeper, you’ll see the contestants actually develop as people.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

April is Autism Awareness Month, but these Instagram accounts are educating people about autism all year round.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The Korean American rap duo’s latest music video comments on the surge in xenophobia directed at Asian Americans in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This beloved internet pastime can mess with our sense of self.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Because of social distancing, museums, opera and ballet are trying to adapt and maintain their audience by going online.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In a time when most of us are separated because of social distancing, the viral Netflix hit is a communal cultural event that we can all talk about.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Originally released over 23 years ago, the anime horror film feels remarkably prescient in the era of social media.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The over-the-top zookeepers of the viral Netflix hit make this series perhaps the strangest true crime series yet.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These Instagrammers are dedicated to making irresistibly decadent treats. The best part? They will ship them right to your door.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

They’re all over Instagram, making the practice fun and accessible to a  whole new generation.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

What is usually an exclusionary tactic is bringing gamers together in their attempt to stop the commercialization and death of their culture.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

If you’re craving more real life drama, look no further than these gripping films and TV series.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These creators will guide you through everything from junk journaling to the art of the 3D pen.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The former contestant on ‘The Voice’ is making parodies that we can all relate to while we’re under lockdown.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Say goodbye to any spare time you had left because Club Penguin Rewritten is the perfect recreation of your favorite childhood game.

By

Responsive image
College /// Screens x

With the entire country under a mandated self-quarantine, perhaps now is the best time to start looking for companionship with this new dating app.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Places like The Museum of Ice Cream and the Color Factory provide the perfect backdrop for selfies, but are they really housing art?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

South LA provides the perfect backdrop for this CW series about football, family, death — as well as hope.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The down-to-earth yogi YouTuber makes sure to emotionally connect with her audience as she challenges them physically.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Although we’re finally seeing positive depictions of the LGBTQ+ community in film and television, that was definitely not always the case.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After an impressively engaging two seasons, the popular BBC show returns, bringing audiences back into the twisted world of Eve and Villanelle, TV’s lovable, female assassin.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With thousands of fans anticipating its release, this popular Netflix drama is now on its third season. But does it hold up as well as the previous ones?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The adventure game isn’t as popular as its predecessor, but it’s just as good.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Netflix miniseries portrays a young Jewish woman fleeing a strict, patriarchal, Orthodox home in Brooklyn to Berlin.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The latest season of the long-running reality series may be over, but life for its star and the top four contestants continues.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

All over Instagram, white women are making themselves distinctly less white-looking in the latest movement of stealing from black women.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The show delves into the traumatic effects of domestic abuse and sexual assault, along with many other relevant issues.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Feeling stressed? Cook and bake your way out of anxiety. Treat yourself to home-cooked food.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Fan fiction is adding a few more dimensions to a character many felt was left underdeveloped.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Other YouTubers are also using their mental health for monetary gain, so what makes her channel so much more damaging?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Pole dancing is becoming widely accepted for parties and fitness, but stripping remains vilified. So, what’s the difference?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After an Instagram post sparked some serious political discussion — and considering all the pop icon has been through — she certainly deserves the title.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Netflix series set in inner-city Los Angeles shows that sometimes promises are meant to be broken, and that nothing lasts forever.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

The dating reality series exaggerates the recent resurgence of dating with just marriage in mind — and shows why the mindset is rarely successful. 

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In this Freeform show about witches, you won’t find long-nosed women cackling over cauldrons. Instead, you’ll see soldiers fighting for their country.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The Chicago-based music video director and his homemade, low-budget aesthetic is in high-demand among SoundCloud rappers.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Users are able to enter a virtual reality where their social awkwardness is not only accepted, but embraced.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Although immensely popular, a few shows seem to conflate romance and abuse.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

She works both in real life and on social media, and her message will help you be your best self, one Instagram post at a time.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Seemingly simple and repetitive open-ended games like Minecraft and Animal Crossing can positively influence your mental health.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Apple TV+ adaptation of the William Landay novel has the MCU actor playing an assistant district attorney — whose son is being investigated for murder.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The coronavirus lockdown has resulted in a burst of creativity on the social media app. 

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These artists are capturing diversity, individuality and identity through their portrayal of today’s youth.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This new internet trend has people posting unflattering pictures of themselves on Instagram and leaving them up for 24 hours. How did it start and why now?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Season 2 of the anime has been released, continuing the same rich themes since the manga was released over two decades ago.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Once you start watching these movies, you’ll forget that you’re stuck inside indefinitely.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

It’s time to go on another angsty adventure with the prolific young adult author.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These games will have you so consumed that you’ll forget about any quarantines.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This Desi children’s show is making waves for how America perceives South Asia — and how South Asians perceive themselves.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Screens x

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Screens x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Teens being stuck inside with their phones for weeks on end is a recipe for disaster — or a few unique social media hashtags.

Responsive Image

First appearing almost 20 years ago, the franchise is back with a new game that has all of the fun of its predecessors.

Responsive Image

This game isn’t just fun puzzles and a psychotic teddy bear. Its relevant mental health metaphors make it the perfect game to get you through a lonely quarantine.

Responsive Image

Staying home for the greater good —  the social media platform has become the next Madison Square Garden.

Responsive Image

I had the chance to speak with the young filmmaker about her inspirations, obstacles and her raw, personal award-winning documentary ‘You’re Gonna Be Okay.’

Responsive Image

There’s countless categories for live-action movies, so why not for animation?

Responsive Image

While COVID-19 is currently wreaking havoc, maybe films about epidemics could provide catharsis.

Responsive Image

Just like ‘Goodfellas’ and ‘The Irishman,’ a real-life tale is serving as source material for the famed director.

Responsive Image

Staying home doesn’t have to be an endless cycle of boredom. These content creators are helping us contend with staying inside during the global pandemic.

Responsive Image

The Netflix dark fantasy anime series finds its factions fracturing under the weight of betrayals.

Responsive Image

Netflix’s U.S. contestants were fun to watch, but Dumaresq, Gaybol, Lorayne and all the other Brazilian players are bringing even more drama.

Responsive Image

The ABC show said goodbye to yet another fan favorite character. The series certainly had its day, but when will it be time to say goodbye to the show?

Responsive Image

It’s changed the way we grieve and share condolences, but that may not always be a good thing.

Responsive Image

With everything from romance to rivalries to zombies, these Netflix shows will keep you occupied while you’re stuck inside.

Responsive Image

The lineup for spring 2020 is looking promising for fans of the genre.

Responsive Image

Disney’s controversial upcoming remake seeks a different audience than the family-favorite animated movie that so many grew up with.

Responsive Image

These musical numbers, which have little relevance to the plot, can be fun, but ultimately perpetuate debilitating social roles for women.

Responsive Image

The best part? These little known video games won’t cost you much to play. Some of them are even free.