TV & Film

Responsive image
Screens x

Legendary natural historian David Attenborough captures humanity’s devastating impact on the Earth in this pressing new nature documentary.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This Netflix reality TV show focuses on the lives of West Coast real estate agents, but the social issues buried within it are anything but glamorous.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After a career full of ups and downs, Korean American rapper Jessica Ho is continuing to make a name for herself.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Over 400 content creators on the platform are collaborating to get out the vote for the upcoming election.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The game of deception is easy to learn but difficult to master. Here’s how to avoid being killed — or if you’re playing as an Imposter, how to get away with eliminating your friends.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With the rise of streaming, what place do these beloved holiday programs have in 2020?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

‘American Murder: The Family Next Door’ and the second season of ‘Making a Murderer’ serve as perfect examples of the moral questions the genre can encounter.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This new co-op psychological horror computer game lets you work with a team to track down specters. Just keep your sanity levels up and watch those motion sensors.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The NBC comedy is much more than just a typical show. It presents its viewers with relatable moral dilemmas in a humorous way.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

The Vox docu-series explores the history of voter disenfranchisement and the right to vote in U.S. politics.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Clare Crawley is looking for love once again on ABC’s newest season of the hit reality dating show.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The show was canceled after its first season. Right after, Hulu greenlit a controversial show about a student/teacher relationship. Is this a good look when the platform is lacking programs starring women of color?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The stage might be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are many diverse movies you can watch to fill the time.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

With the release of his latest album, a reminder of the singer-songwriter’s internet history may be one his greatest marketing tactics.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The newest addition to the ‘Assassin’s Creed’ franchise looks like it’s added some interesting changes, but is it different enough from its predecessor? Does it matter?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Even seven years after it was released, the time-travel film’s theme of treasuring the time spent with loved ones remains remarkably relevant, particularly during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With Halloween coming up, here are funny, scary and spooky films about witches that you should watch.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix has a new show that will fulfill all your bad rom-com dreams set in a beautiful city — if you can look past its issues.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Disney’s latest nonwhite casting choices for both Tinkerbell and ‘Little Mermaid’ could set an example for others in the film industry, which has long struggled with inclusivity.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Season 10 of the Showtime series has hit Netflix, and it’s clear that the program remains an incisive look into marginalized identities and existence in the underclass. (Warning: Season 10 spoilers ahead)

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The series of movies has piqued the interest of many, but when it comes to the source material — the case files of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren — what’s fact and what’s fiction?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new series could be just the escapist content you needed, but there are caveats.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The award-winning documentary shows the famed photographer at his most uncomfortable — in the spotlight.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

She’s the daughter of Kellyanne Conway, former counselor to President Trump, and the teenager’s familial connection to the White House has caused the public to fixate on her outspoken TikToks.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

In addition to his more fun videos, this YouTuber also employs some excellent detective skills to dissect some of the more harmful behavior from his fellow content creators.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

As gamers get ready for the next generation of gaming devices, they also have a tough choice in front of them.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Netflix’s new movie starring Millie Bobby Brown challenges the conventions of the historical film and creates an improved female narrative in the process.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

HBO’s wildly successful series ended with a bitter taste in some fans’ mouths, but the new program has a chance to give them another glimpse into the fictional world they loved so much.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Considered a princess straight out of a fairytale by many fans, this Chinese vlogger provides a source of tranquility in a time of peril.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

By evoking both nostalgia and a sense of community, the classic game, particularly on private servers like Club Penguin Rewritten, provides a sense of refuge.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While it isn’t always as ‘woke’ behind the scenes, the show still highlights important issues involving gender, race and sexuality.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After winning nine awards at the Prime Time Emmys, the formerly overlooked sitcom isn’t so overlooked anymore.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Starting off with a small channel on YouTube, these sisters have tasted musical success while remaining true to both their family and audience.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new documentary-drama will make you put down your phone as it dives into what makes social media so addicting and the consequences attached to it.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

People in fan communities often desire for certain characters, oftentimes the same gender, to become romantically involved. When does this go from progressive to problematic?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The pop culture giant has struggled to remain in the limelight during the past few years. With the announcement of its final season, what went wrong?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The character may have her critics, but her quirky personality, dedication and generosity make her a positive role model for all.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The Spanish Netflix original may seem like it’s cut from the same cloth as its American predecessors, but really, it goes much deeper.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The documentary follows an artist as he works to reclaim his character, Pepe the Frog, who has been purloined by 4chan, the Republican Party and everything in between.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While the show has approached many serious themes throughout its six seasons, it hasn’t always addressed them properly.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Antonio Campos’ newest movie depicts intense violence, yet wrestles with even more touching emotions.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The YouTube channel provides a fun, free, inclusive and COVID-proof way to work out.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Since late 2017, many of the streaming platform’s releases have included romantic comedies, signaling an industry-wide shift back toward the genre.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These Asian lifestyle vloggers crack open the good, the bad and the ugly of the Asian American experience.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Originally known for her impersonation of the ultra-wealthy in college admissions scandals, the creator has brought her satire and witty humor to TikTok, rising even further in popularity.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Not only will the food blogger help you make a mouthwatering loaf of sourdough bread, but he’ll also inspire you to chase your dreams while you’re at it.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These influencers create content that can boost your self-esteem — a breath of fresh air in a frequently toxic online culture.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The premise is interesting, but product placement and the use of celebrities to draw in viewers make the program feel a bit inaccessible.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Using a Black main cast, the show uses the supernatural themes of H.P. Lovecraft to ask who the real monsters are.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While binging TV shows is fun and all, having episodes released on a week-by-week basis may be better for viewers.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These ‘Avengers’ films can impact its viewers more in 2020 as the pandemic opens up a new perspective on the Infinity Saga.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

TikTokers are taking the “Harry Potter” antagonist’s character arc into their own hands and creating escapist POVs.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Follower counts and likes once reigned as the indicator of success on social media platforms. Once free market greed trickled into the equation, influencers then relied on money to define their fame. Now, many are moving into huge homes, en masse, to capitalize on this development.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// Screens x

In this Apple TV+ documentary, viewers watch as students navigate mock elections — and discover some things about politics in the process.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Bellamy’s death shocked fans. Was it a compelling twist, or did it jeopardize everything that the show was about?

By

Responsive image
College /// Screens x

The platform’s new coming-of-age movie encourages young people to not get too caught up in the college admissions process.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After being hyped up for so long, the Disney remake featured plot holes, one-dimensional characters and cultural inaccuracies.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Paper lovers have turned to the video-sharing app to forge their own peaceful corner on a platform full of chaos.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Thanks to character-driven storylines that are even more compelling than the first season, the show avoids falling into a second-season-slump.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The controversial films were an example of Black empowerment, and their mark can still be seen in filmmaking today.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Charlie Kaufman’s latest film asks, what makes a person?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

As Daniel Craig prepares to pass the torch, the 007 franchise will start anew in more ways than one.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The new update has been lauded as the biggest iPhone update in years, but the reality is that it has taken a lot of inspiration from other apps, devices and companies.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

This Instagram account has everything you need to know about current politics and social justice issues.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Even though the actor is best known for his role in ‘Twilight,’ he might be the perfect fit for the caped crusader.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Staying in touch via the internet doesn’t have to be boring. These fun online games will keep that friendship spark going strong.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Being an informed shopper can be challenging, but these resources will help you consume in a more conscious way.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

After years of watching Marvel and ‘Star Wars’ churn out the same formulas, bored moviegoers are now turning back to initially panned films like ‘Spider-Man 3.’

By

Responsive image
Screens x

And no, Ross and Rachel from ‘Friends’ are not a good example of this television trope. Their relationship is awful.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The previously unassailable creator of ‘Hamilton’ is starting to receive some backlash, both political and personal.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

While ambitious, Disney’s live-action version of the beloved tale falls short of portraying three-dimensional characters, instead relying on broad generalities about Chinese culture.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The late actor was not only an inspiration, but an incredibly skilled actor as well. Here are the top performances from his iconic career.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The show, set in 1990s Northern Ireland, follows five friends as they get into bizarre trouble accompanied by classic hits.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Hollywood can be tricky, especially when people don’t get along behind the scenes. What happens when actors and their executive producers generate animosity? Sometimes, their characters pay the price.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Charlie Kaufman’s latest psychological drama is exactly what you would expect — but completely unexpected at the same time.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

The iconic actress was the first Black person to win an Academy Award, but in a cruel irony, it was for playing a caricatured role in a deeply racist Hollywood.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Ever wondered what would happen if a theme park had no rules? This documentary is your chance to find out — from a safe distance.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The film finds its school administrator protagonists making small moral compromises until it explodes in a big way.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Despite speaking truth to power and providing a much needed Muslim desi presence on television, Hasan Minhaj and his show will not see another season on Netflix.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

When performances depend on a live audience for entertainment, is it possible for the wrestlers and their fans to stay safe?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This digital comic blends manga influences with Disney-inspired artwork to create a compelling tale of romance by the sea.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Amazon’s original superhero series gives a social commentary of many of the world’s evils, including what prompted the #MeToo movement.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Social media has been a useful source for news and critical information. However, it is essential that you fact check information and ensure it is reputable.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Starring and co-produced by Rob Lowe, the firefighter drama series highlights underrepresented perspectives, but fails to deliver realistic plot lines.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Lifestyle creators used to be notoriously family-friendly. How did LaurDIY break out of her PG persona in her new podcast?

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Multiple protagonists? Multiple cities? The much-anticipated but highly mysterious GTA VI could be another record-breaking installment of the controversial series.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

When creating content, some stars see disobeying government mandates as a small price to pay, proving not all influencers should be considered role models.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Kacen Callender’s young adult novel features a queer trans person of color amid friendships, love and a heartwarming journey of self-acceptance.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Because of her youthful spirit, Siwa is an inspiration to young kids, but people are quick to criticize the superstar for her over-the-top style.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new podcast is helping people learn how to deal with their fear of watching horror movies.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Amy Sherman-Palladino’s titular mother-daughter duo continues to make even the worst days just a bit better. The final episode may have aired back in 2007, but fans are still eager to get their fix of life Stars Hollow.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Beyoncé’s latest release is a celebration of Black beauty to empower Black women. The project unites African music and cultures in a visual masterpiece.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The actor had a major impact on Black culture through his portrayal of several Black icons and legendary characters.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

These YouTubers will help you have a more efficient school year. Just make sure you don’t watch them as an excuse to procrastinate.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

With the pandemic still raging and movie theaters struggling to reopen, streaming services are becoming the main place for watching movies.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Even as those on the social media platform pokes fun, the trend has reminded all those 2000s kids of some of their old favorites.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Not everyone on the team will make it out alive, but that was a risk they accepted with the chance to wreak more havoc.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Both films use the trope, but their messages reveal what’s changed in the 27 years between their releases.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

The original show creators have departed from the Netflix live-action remake, leading fans to speculate on what changes the media company wanted.

By

Responsive image
Screens x

Screens x

Responsive image
Screens x

Responsive image
Screens x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Will you be able to find the killer among your group?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

HBO’s show offers a crystal clear picture of why communities need new ways to resolve conflicts and combat interpersonal violence.

Responsive Image

‘Is this your king?!’ Yes, he is. The actor may have played King T’Challa in a movie, but his legacy reminds us he was a king in reality.

Responsive Image

From essential oils to bee sting therapy, this new docuseries explores the validity of many popular health and wellness practices.

Responsive Image

The legend of the Crocodile Hunter lives on through his wife and children as they strive to continue his work in animal conservation in their wholesome reality show.

Responsive Image

YouTube is the first place most students go to procrastinate, but now the platform might hold the key to productivity.

Responsive Image

YouTubers, Twitch streamers and even Kentucky Fried Chicken have already jumped on the new game’s bandwagon.

Responsive Image

He’s everywhere. TikTok Willy Wonka is infiltrating the internet and he’s not slowing down anytime soon.

Responsive Image

Music has become a multisensory experience. Check out a brief history of how music incorporated the two art forms to reimagine visuals and audio united.

Responsive Image

Oprah Winfrey’s new show provides a space for Americans to understand racial tension through uncomfortable yet eye-opening conversations.

Responsive Image

‘TikTok’s worst dating coach’ offers a weak rebuttal to valid criticism of his misogynist views, demonstrating YouTube’s misunderstanding of what actually constitutes bullying.

Responsive Image

The Netflix Original series was abruptly cancelled after only one season, but now it’s getting another chance to grace your screens.

Responsive Image

The remake is finally being released via the subscription-based streaming service in September for an additional $30 — and that’s just one point of contention.

Responsive Image

Selena Gomez has come a long way since her debut on Disney Channel in ‘Wizards of Waverly Place.’ Now, she’s returning to the screen and starring in a comedy series on Hulu.

Responsive Image

The kids cartoon is proving to be especially relevant as it provides a glimmer of hope and imagination for viewers stuck in quarantine.

Responsive Image

This plot device is one of the most overdone romantic clichés out there. Should it be left behind, or is there a way to make it new again?

Responsive Image

Since the popular game was removed from the App Store, Epic Games has been waging a legal battle against Apple that has fans worried for the future of their favorite game.

Responsive Image

The Freeform miniseries is one of the first scripted shows exploring the pandemic — filmed at the homes of actors already in quarantine together.

Responsive Image

From ‘study with me’ videos to overviews of school supplies, the content ranges from relatable and engaging, to something that fetishizes productivity.