In a story about the philadelphia eagles fans with mascot and flag

Philadelphia Eagles Bring in Albert Okweugbunam Following Denver Broncos Trade

The Philadelphia Eagles have brought in tight end Albert Okweugbunam in a last-minute trade from the Denver Broncos,

Albert Okweugbunam, the 25-year-old is ready to make the most of his fresh start at the Lincoln Financial Field franchise.

It looked as if the Broncos would waive the player, as he wasn’t going to make their 53-man roster, but instead, he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in a deal that will see Denver get a sixth-round pick for 2025.

If you are a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles and feel they could make a real impact in the coming season, then why not check out these PA sports betting sites to find the best brand for your wager? This site gives you great insights into all the regulated options in the state.

By all accounts, it was the performance put in by Okweugbunam in their final preseason clash against the Rams that secured the move to Philadelphia, with the team’s general manager Howie Roseman, commenting;

“Not a lot of tight ends who have 100-yard receiving games in the preseason, and it was because he has a unique ability to uncover, he has lower body flexibility, he has speed, he has length. He has all the tools in his body,”

“It’s hard not to watch that last preseason game and see what it looks like when it looks right.”

“Yeah, first thing you talk about, Albert, you talk about the physical ability,”

“He is 6-5. He is almost 260 pounds. He runs a 4.4. He’s got a huge wing span. He has really good lower body flexibility for a big guy,”

Indeed, the player himself knew the importance of that display;

“It was a big game for me, just the position I was in Denver, just trying to prove myself going into that fourth year with them,”

“I went out there, had a big game, and I was really proud of myself for that. Ultimately, that led to me being here, which is a great opportunity. I was definitely super excited about it when I found out I was coming here.” Okweugbunam added.

Last season saw Nick Sirianni continue to deliver on the Eagles project, with Philadelphia topping the NFC East and finishing the regular season with a 14-3 record, a franchise-high before wins over the New York Giants and the San Francisco 49ers set up a Super Bowl clash with the Kansas City Chiefs, which they narrowly lost 38-35.

The Missouri graduate is already bigging up the culture at his new team and will look to hit the ground running;

“Great support system here. Great culture,”

“Just grinding in the playbook. It’s getting with the guys and the coaches and just learning the offense. That’s the first step right there just so I can go out there and play fast and that’s been my biggest focus for sure.”

Okweugbunam has made 54 catches for 546 yards during his 26 games in the NFL.