In a story about the nfl the nfl logo against a football pattern background

Find Your Perfect NFL Team Based on Your High School Clique

If you are a sports fan but have never determined which football team you should support, then your cringeworthy high school memories are here to help you.

It may sound like a stretch, but the football team you follow can easily be determined by the clique you were a part of back in the day. And let’s face it, with the new season barely a month away, you need to pick a team to follow and fast.

Heading into the new campaign, the Kansas City Chiefs are the reigning champions and they are approaching dynasty-like status. They have reached the AFC Championship game in each of the last five seasons, converting three of those appearances into a trip to the Super Bowl and twice securing the Lombardi.

They currently boast the best quarterback in the game in their ranks in the form of Patrick Mahomes, and the former Texas Tech standout was in scintillating form back in February as he led his side to a memorable come-from-behind victory against the Philadelphia Eagles at Super Bowl LVII.

In recent seasons, however, a new competitor has emerged in the Chiefs’; conference. In the two most recent of those five aforementioned AFC Championship games, Mahomes and Co, have come up against the Cincinnati Bengals. They lost the first encounter before gaining redemption with a narrow victory last season.

But the AFC’s newest powerhouse isn’t about to roll over easily. With Joe Burrow at quarterback, the Bengals are gunning for a first Lombardi in franchise history next season, and the bookies fancy their chances. The Ohio-based outfit has been made the +800 second favorites for glory next term, and if you were a hipster in your high school days, they may well be the team to follow next season.

Supporting a football team is all about finding a team that matches your personality and portrays the spirit of your high school group. Let’s explore some of the NFL teams that you should support based on your high school clique.

The Jocks – New England Patriots

If you were part of the popular crowd or the jocks in high school, then of course you gotta support the New England Patriots. I mean, come on, the Boston-based team dominated theleague for two whole decades. They’re always the talk of the town, known for being tough on the field and having crazy meticulous training techniques. And just like you jocks, they live for competition, physicality, and being at the top of their game.

Since the departure of the greatest players of all time in the form of Tom Brady however, things haven’t been plain sailing. But don’t think you can get off that scot-free. You had it easy in high school, now through the Patriots, it’s time to suffer.

The Stoners – Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Packers are the squad for you if you belonged to the stoner gang in high school. One of the founding teams in the NFL, the Cheeseheads exemplify the laid-back attitude of the stoner subculture. They play with a laid-back attitude, putting more emphasis on fluid movement than showy displays.

Just like the stoners, they prefer to take it easy and enjoy the game without any stress or drama. And come on, they have green in their name. Isn't that enough of a connection?

The Geeks – Seattle Seahawks

If you were part of the geeky crowd, then the Seattle Seahawks should be your go-to team. Washington’s finest might not be the most physically imposing team, but they are known for their analytical and strategic approach toward the game, making them the ideal fit for the nerdy high school crowd.

Similar to the geeks who analyze and draw conclusions, the Seahawks take precision and statistics to a whole new level to win games.

The Drama Queens – Dallas Cowboys

The Dallas Cowboys are the ideal team for you if you were a member of the drama club or something comparable. One of the most divisive teams in American sports, the major team from the Lone Star State is frequently involved in contentious news.

They have admirers and detractors all around the nation, and their games are frequently tense and filled with intense discussions. Most likely, you’ll feel perfectly at home at AT&T Stadium if you enjoy the drama’s thrill.

The Rebels – Las Vegas Raiders

If you were part of the rebels in high school, then the Las Vegas Raiders are the team for you. Similar to the rebels who stand out from the crowd, the Raiders are known for their distinctive black and silver uniforms and their status as freelance outlaws of the NFL.

They have recently relocated from Oakland in a decision that made no one except the Las Vegas residents happy, and that rebellious demeanor should play right into your persona.