For Aspiring Bartenders, Bartending School Is a No-Brainer

For San Antonio-based drink-slinging hopefuls, one program can have you paying off your tuition in less than two weeks.

Interested in making some cash while going to school? Just want a change of pace from your going-nowhere job?  Need something quick to supplement your income? There is no faster way of achieving your goals than attending the Professional Bartending School of San Antonio.

In just one to two short weeks, you can be trained and making your tuition back within two weeks of working.

Still have questions? No problem, over the past 20 years we have heard a lot of the same questions come up from potential students.

1. Why should I go to bartending school when I can just barback or wait tables first?

By waiting tables or barbacking, you are wasting your valuable time and losing money. You are only going to learn the 10 drinks that they make at the bar you’re “training” at, and you will have to start all over if you change jobs.

Plus, who knows how long they will make you barback or wait tables before they promise to put you behind the bar. Bartending is not a gravy job; you need to know what you’re doing!

2. How much money do bartenders really make?

Minimum wage for servers in Texas is nothing ($2.13 per hour plus tips), whereas the majority of the places that we work with average $5.00 (plus tips) for their hourly pay for their bartenders.

Tips are what you are working for: they make up 90 percent of your pay. If you choose to work at hotels or golf resorts, they average $7.00 – $12.00 per hour, plus tips. Private event bartenders get paid $10.00 – $25.00 per hour, plus tips.

3. How can I learn all those drinks?

Yes there are a ton of drink recipes. However, we wrote our own textbook to make it easier for the students to learn the material.

We have been doing this a long time and know what it takes for you to absorb the information. Our textbooks are very thorough and are designed to follow a step-by-step process.

Also we offer unlimited practice time with the premier/mixology class. The more you practice, the better you will be.

4. Does your Job-Placement-Assistance Program really work?

Many trade schools claim to offer job-placement assistance upon completion of their programs. Not only is our training much quicker than most trade schools, but our job placement assistance program blows them away.

We work with all our graduates until they have a job. Because we have been here for going on 20 years, we work with over 800 establishments in and around San Antonio. We send them what they want, at no charge.

Communication is also key. If you are having any kind of problems, let us know and we will work with you.

Professional Bartending School invites every potential student to come by for a free tour of the facilities, which is the perfect chance to ask any questions you may have about the school or the industry.

We are available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. or Saturdays from 12 –3 p.m. Come by, pick up a catalog, meet the staff, check out our textbooks and our classroom, and see what we have to offer!

Call or text 210-967-4600 today, and let us help you in your new bartending career in San Antonio, Texas!