News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After sexual harassment claims, the company is trying to find ways to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of its riders.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After making promises he failed to keep, Trump is making it harder for transgender citizens to be accepted and treated fairly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

A student-started petition has suggested ‘hippos’ or ‘riverhorses’ in places of the Colonials, a term they claim is too deeply tied to systemic oppression.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With a population of about 30,000 transgender individuals, Lahore becomes the home of Pakistan’s first ever school for transgender students.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

According to his lawyer, Cosby received too harsh of a sentence, which they claim is partly a result of the court allowing so many women to testify against him.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For an event that claims to celebrate free speech, Wolf has come under fire for speaking too freely.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The father of Meadow Pollack says he doesn’t want money or restitution, he simply wants to expose Scot Peterson as a coward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Hannity was just recently discovered to be the third mysterious client of Michael Cohen and he won’t stop denying it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

T-Mobile and Sprint have announced plans to combine companies, despite uncertainty as to whether the Justice Department will allow the merger.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an era of free nipples and female empowerment, dress codes feel more regressive each day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fascists try to hide in plain sight on social media by using dog whistles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Imagine: Instead of just making jokes about problems, someone made a show about actually trying to fix them?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Support for Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen is taking a severe toll on the civilian population and the U.S.’s foreign policy is a contributing factor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Breaking down the recent events surrounding Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and how they could impact democracy going forward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Palestinians have taken a stand in Gaza, and they are demanding that they be heard and given the basic human rights that they deserve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Without any actions of her own, the Princess has landed a milestone in the modernization of the royal family.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Christina Garcia, a key member of TIME Magazine’s #MeToo cover, has been accused of a slew of sexually inappropriate advances by male staff members.

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

What did you expect when you put a bunch of self-deprecating teenagers together?

Sounds /// Thoughts x

This one’s for the musicians who make you think something’s wrong with your headphones.

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

There are more ways to feel great about yourself than having sex.

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

In a world of Weinsteins, light-hearted sex humor can be incredibly cathartic.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Saying ‘I do’ doesn’t have to mean saying goodbye to a crucial part of a woman’s identity.

Responsive image

The newest race-oriented Spike Lee joint is too rooted in America’s past to push the conversation forward.

Responsive image

You wouldn’t laugh when your friend is cheated on in real life, so why would you laugh when it happens on screen?

Responsive Image

Social media companies are writing the protocol for policing internet hate speech in real time, and this time they got it right.

Responsive Image

Eighteen-year-old Sergio ‘Mapache’ Salazar was detained by ICE two weeks ago and has yet to be released.

Responsive Image

Ortelee breaks down each week’s planetary transits so you can get the most out of your horoscope.

Responsive Image

Teens want to go under the knife to look like their fave filters.

Responsive Image

The same adults criticizing the progressive movements of today were the ones leading them 40 years ago.

Responsive Image

By focusing on the killers instead of the victims, the Netflix docuseries turns a familiar formula on its head.

Responsive Image

The Instagram page is filled with candid snapshots of subway riders’ hands.

Responsive Image

The movie is more of a staged opportunity for Kunis and McKinnon to goof off than it is an actual film.

Responsive Image

On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Kanye reaffirmed his support for Trump, before being hit with a question that left him stunned.

Responsive Image

Diversity of clothing designers, that is.

Responsive Image

His name is Elba, Idris Elba.

Responsive Image

The Unite the Right 2 crowd drew only a tenth of its estimated number of attendees.

Responsive Image

Planning for the future is hard when someone else is deciding it for you.

Responsive Image

Despair is in.

Responsive Image

If that’s something you want, of course.

Responsive Image

Let them build Frosty.

Responsive Image

Face it: Shane is one of the best things to ever happen to YouTube.

Responsive Image

Money and experience? Where do I sign?

Responsive Image

Step aside, Nickelodeon, it’s time for a new era.

Responsive Image

Not something Hallie or Annie from ‘The Parent Trap’ would do, TBH.

Responsive Image

Their silence is allowing the wrong people to stay loud.

Responsive Image

Nothing makes workplace harassment palatable like teriyaki sauce.

Responsive Image

Their new concept is a frontrunner for the least intelligent idea award.

Responsive Image

As fun as ‘Dungeons & Dragons,’ but without the cultural baggage.

Responsive Image

Summer convention season awaits. Are you ready?

Responsive Image

His films and notoriety are definitely not for ‘The Birds.’

Responsive Image

The hip-hop star recently made, and nailed, his acting debut.

Responsive Image

He’s trying to rebuild his career by … doing nothing differently.

Responsive Image

Is nothing off-limits in modern politics?

Responsive Image

They’re too young to have to deal with nationwide scrutiny, so everyone just needs to just move on.

Responsive Image

Just classic stuff you’d expect the president to ridicule.

Responsive Image

Part nostalgia, part saccharine, the reboot largely comes up short.

Responsive Image

Garrett Yrigoyen won Becca’s heart, despite hearting some controversial posts on Instagram.

Responsive Image

It’s about a lot more than the books.

Responsive Image

You can usher in the new without trashing the old.

Responsive Image

Of all the racial biases in Hollywood, casting descriptions are some of the worst.

Responsive Image

Vogue will never be the same.

Responsive Image

Slacktivist, he is not.

Responsive Image

And the latest fight centered around … a family Christmas card?

Responsive Image

The undocumented community has struggled to accept the guilt of one of its most cherished organizations.

Responsive Image

If Step No. 1 is calling attention to yourself, Russ has done that in spades. It’s his music that might not be up to snuff.

Responsive Image

In the real world, it’s an eating disorder.

Responsive Image

And author Lindy West is finally getting the small-screen treatment she deserves.

Responsive Image

In the last decade alone, 21 reality show contestants have taken their lives after the cameras stopped rolling.

Responsive Image

Reduce. Reuse. Peecycle?

Responsive Image

If the new trailer for ‘Shazam!’ is any indication, writers at Warner Bros. have finally heard their movies are too dark.

Responsive Image

Meet ‘the Netflix of gaming.’

Responsive Image

It might hurt to admit, but Chandler and Ross basically wrote the book on toxic masculinity.

Responsive Image

But will his new deal with Republic Records be enough for him to become a mainstream artist?

Responsive Image

The unorthodox pope is shaking things up left and right.

Responsive Image

Like most things in life, sex is trial and error.

Responsive Image

I mean, Jordan never built a school.

Responsive Image

Your favorite novel might be the next game of the year.

Responsive Image

Research has found that the practice has empirical, quantitative health benefits.

Responsive Image

If you can’t beat the heat, join it.

Responsive Image

They’re called ghost guns, and they might be the worst idea of all time.

Responsive Image

The former president and vice president met for lunch on Monday, and people had a lot of feelings about it.

Responsive Image

Everyone’s favorite wizard is nearing his forties, and I’m not crying. You are.

Responsive Image

The 65-year-old actor has undergone an almost inexplicable renaissance, and no one’s mad about it.

Responsive Image

While celebrities receive well wishes in their recovery, most drug users get nothing of the sort.

Responsive Image

Tyler Mitchell will be the first African-American photographer to shoot the magazine’s cover in its 126 years of operation.

Responsive Image

Despite being decades outside of our demographic, Ginsburg remains a ‘notorious’ pop culture staple.

Responsive Image

#GrabYourWallet: 1. Ivanka Trump: 0.

Responsive Image

Honestly, who are these horrible basement dwellers?

Responsive Image

Here’s to hoping that other mothers get that option too.

Responsive Image

Not only will staying in save you money — you might even make some extra cash if you play your cards right.

Responsive Image

Getting quick cash is easy. Getting it responsibly requires some research.

Responsive Image

Now more than ever the Beats’ influence on free speech rings especially pertinent.

Responsive Image

We miss you. Come home.

Responsive Image

Satire can blend humor with sharp political commentary, but are American audiences taking it too seriously?

Responsive Image

Shifting social mores — along with the internet’s help — have led to a uniquely millennial brand of mysticism.

Responsive Image

They’re the fourth European country to pass such a measure, prompting many to consider similar laws for the U.S.

Responsive Image

The world needs more Sue.

Responsive Image

His speech proves that no would-be mass murderer is ever beyond saving.

Responsive Image

We’re not going to use the phrase ‘strong female lead,’ but you get the idea.

Responsive Image

You call it oversexed, I call it romantic.

Responsive Image

Let your lips do the talking.

Responsive Image

Don’t panic: It won’t be as bad as you think.

Responsive Image

The problem is, the city is facing much more than a crisis of clean water.

Responsive Image

This year alone has witnessed controversies at Papa John’s, Starbucks, Chik-Fil-A, the Red Hen and Masterpiece Cakeshop.

Responsive Image

Unlike Kylie Jenner, she didn’t start off with millions of dollars and a celebrity last name.

Responsive Image

And got roasted for doing so.

Responsive Image

When Cora Harrington posted the now-infamous Twitter thread, she had no idea the backlash it would cause.

Responsive Image

More like Dwayne ‘The Diamond’ Johnson.

Responsive Image

Please let it be 2006 again.

Responsive Image

Despite its nascence, the controversial sub-genre has become known for its despicable figureheads.

Responsive Image

Compared to the tsunami of plastic problems to come, Starbucks’ new initiative is just a drop in the bucket.

Responsive Image

You might not yet be a paragon of maturity, but that doesn’t mean you should be totally clueless either.

Responsive Image

Do you really want to wear lingerie named after after a sex slave?

Responsive Image

It’s not a perfect solution, sure, but it could save lives.

Responsive Image

‘I can’t believe I am waking up to headlines with me and my daughter in them for doing something I do every day,’ she wrote on Instagram.

Responsive Image

Casting directors need to stop hiring able-bodied actors to portray individuals with disabilities.

Responsive Image

Colorism is a subtle, but no less important hurdle for representation to overcome.

Responsive Image

The non-profit is fighting to hold the Trump administration accountable for the family separation crisis.

Responsive Image

Economic factors will now be considered before ecological ones.

Responsive Image

‘Hi, I’ll have a venti caramel macchiato, light on the foam, but heavy on being inclusive and catering to minorities.’

Responsive Image

The company added women with hijabs and red-heads, and have plans to offer even more options in the future.

Responsive Image

What’s even going on anymore.

Responsive Image

He reportedly felt ‘pressured’ to use the word, a statement that was later thoroughly roasted on Twitter.

Responsive Image

But the larger question still remains: What completely inappropriate role will she try out for next?

Responsive Image

A hashtag that tried to roast millennials took a serious, but surprising turn.