News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

Thoughts x

The popular TikTok meme stands for teen girl empowerment and camaraderie, not for continued shaming of teen girl interests.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Emerging on the tech scene as the new social currency, its network is everything that bitcoin is not and so much more.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Whether it’s clothes or just something nice to own, here’s a little guide to getting the best savings this Thanksgiving weekend.

Responsive image

Society once yielded to the wealth and influence of families like the Rockefellers, Kochs, Du Ponts and Vanderbilts, but the American aristocracy of yesterday are mere glittery relics compared to the powerhouse companies of today.

Responsive image

From their warm sugary beverages to Frosty the Snowman cookies, Starbucks makes the greatest time of the year so much better.

Responsive Image

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

Responsive Image

Airbnb’s are nice, but what about the old road trip classic?

Responsive Image

You’ve got a lot of options in the Land Down Under.

Responsive Image

When you’re away from home and in college, food takes on a special importance.

Responsive Image

The to-go bag is a necessary, possibly problematic solution to your post-party problems.

Responsive Image

Prepare for the next polar vortex with these helpful tools.

Responsive Image

Once a fixture of New York City, the famous luxury retailer falls prey to the same trends shutting down brick-and-mortar stores across the country.

Responsive Image

The rapper revealed that he tags along on his daughter’s gynecological visits to make sure she’s a virgin. It’s time to let go of old school mentalities that tie a woman’s worth to her body.

Responsive Image

Facts show that this gets us nowhere in advocating for more responsive women’s healthcare, something women need a say in now.

Responsive Image

From charitable fundraiser to fashion show, this enchanting evening has come a long way.

Responsive Image

With an obscure tweet posted by James Charles, many have speculated that he’s become green with envy. Is there more behind it or is it just a conspiracy?

Responsive Image

Beachwear, crop tops and chokers. Oh my!

Responsive Image

And also avoid indigestion.

Responsive Image

Once a tool against injustice, the term has become a method of gatekeeping that often dissuades political involvement. It’s time to retire the distinction between ‘activists’ and ‘non-activists.’

Responsive Image

This fruit has been designed to be as delicious as possible.

Responsive Image

The retaliation toward a critical older generation with this new phrase certainly ignites discussion, but at what cost?

Responsive Image

Sometimes it takes an outsider to bring you back in.

Responsive Image

Get some cash while working jobs that won’t interfere with your college schedule.

Responsive Image

Kids are getting exposed to inappropriate content earlier than ever.

Responsive Image

It’s time for the eighth Zodiac sign to burst in and take some names. Here’s how to survive.

Responsive Image

Some couples remain strong, others will break up or agree to just remain friends. Who will stand the test of time?

Responsive Image

It’s time to explore how a practice pushed into the limelight by femme people is not taken seriously.

Responsive Image

Fans deserve more credit for their art, especially as fan works move into the mainstream.

Responsive Image

The constant grinding to achieve success might inspire motivation in some, but it comes at a personal price.

Responsive Image

We all love a little weirdness.

Responsive Image

Yeah, I have a lot of questions. Number one: How dare you?

Responsive Image

Two YouTube celebrities are putting down their cameras and lacing up their boxing gloves.

Responsive Image

In order to prevent huge fires, California’s state electric company shuts down the power, but the decision is a little controversial to say the least.

Responsive Image

Sometimes in college, you’re going to encounter events where you need to actually put on something nice for a change.

Responsive Image

It’s never too late to start a side hustle.

Responsive Image

Her new tracks ‘Lose You To Love Me’ and ‘Look At Her Now’ have skyrocketed up the charts, but they’ve also attracted some haters.

Responsive Image

More and more places are seeing the practice as a great way to relieve stress.

Responsive Image

We’re all looking to de-stress. Could unconventional furniture like this help out?

Responsive Image

The internet has changed nearly every aspect of our lives — so why not gambling?

Responsive Image

Trick-or-treating is for has-beens.

Responsive Image

Good with technology and want to exercise your creative muscles? There’s a lot out there for you.

Responsive Image

Air Jordans, Olivia Kim’s ‘Black Cat’ and a new Yeezy Boost are all set to drop before the year’s end. Enter into 2020 with style.

Responsive Image

The newly released 2019 fall/winter collection is here to keep you both fashionable and warm.

Responsive Image

You want to build up your credit, but you don’t want to enter a debt-spiral. If you’re in Canada, here are some cards to keep your eye on.

Responsive Image

Social media influencers searching for the perfect photo opportunity have waged a war on apple orchards and it’s killing the business.

Responsive Image

Even witches and vampires want to pour themselves a glass every once in a while.

Responsive Image

Want good service? Or even some free drinks? Read some industry secrets from this experienced bartender.

Responsive Image

No more basic black cats, please.

Responsive Image

This young activist is working with a worldwide movement to help stave off the threat of climate change.

Responsive Image

The CW is taking a cue from the MCU in their biggest event so far — an ambitious crossover featuring the Flash, Green Arrow, Supergirl and more.

Responsive Image

Getting one was the craze in the summer of 2017, but I didn’t decide to get one until this past summer; I don’t regret the purchase.

Responsive Image

We’re not ready for the new trend that is Halloween music.

Responsive Image

We love her, but she needs to do better.

Responsive Image

The clown prince of crime’s cinematic success could pave the way for similar movies.

Responsive Image

To what extent are things like aggressive cancel culture counterproductive to creating a more just world?

Responsive Image

You don’t want to blow all your money on the costume, do you?

Responsive Image

P.S. You’re never too old to trick or treat.

Responsive Image

The rising popularity of the gluten-free diet endangers the wellbeing of people actually suffering from gluten intolerance.

Responsive Image

Do we really need another energy drink? Coke says that we do.

Responsive Image

Don’t blow your money, make it grow. These stocks could be the key to getting some money after graduation and saving for retirement.

Responsive Image

Geniuses, artists and revolutionaries are never perfect.

Responsive Image

Sustainability and fair prices — what’s not to love?

Responsive Image

Curly gals and gents, brace yourselves!

Responsive Image

What are the implications of the inner workings and impact of digital media on the current digital landscape?

Responsive Image

You don’t have to be from the British Isles to get some benefit from these products.

Responsive Image

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

Responsive Image

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

Responsive Image

These five young POC activists are fighting to end the worldwide climate change crisis.

Responsive Image

Your mobile device means that it doesn’t need to be overwhelming.

Responsive Image

Nike’s newest shoe has people running around on beads.

Responsive Image

Some people may still be squeamish, but it’s high time we normalize talking about vaginal health. Here’s a crash course with all the need-to-know info.

Responsive Image

The genre is quickly approaching the point of over-saturation.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re already there or you want to make the big move across the pond, here’s some good places to help you pay the bills.

Responsive Image

A movement is well on the rise.

Responsive Image

With the beginning of October comes changing leaves, cold weather and a desire for dating. So, are you ready to be a couple?

Responsive Image

The long-running reality show’s season finale — which finally looked at some of its problematic issues — was actually good.

Responsive Image

Yeah, PA has a seven step gateway leading to hell.

Responsive Image

Going off to a school somewhere cold? Here are some of the best clothing choices you can make to get through your first below-freezing winter.

Responsive Image

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

Responsive Image

You don’t have to be a fortune teller or psychic to use a deck either.

Responsive Image

I got the chance to separate the reality from the memes. Here’s what I saw.

Responsive Image

Watching episodes of your favorite show back to back is changing the television landscape; it might be harming your enjoyment too.

Responsive Image

From Nike to Adidas and everything in between here’s a guide to this month’s hottest new drops. There’s even a sneaker perfect for Halloween.

Responsive Image

Too many college students are afraid to take the necessary steps to care for their mental health.

Responsive Image

Looking and feeling good on a budget? These YouTubers have got you.

Responsive Image

This female-focused board game has been the center of some serious controversy.

Responsive Image

Don’t worry. You can still travel even if you’re committed to your coursework.

Responsive Image

Whether romanticized or condemned, serial killers are a staple of today’s Americana. But when, and how, did the fascination with society’s most deviant begin?

Responsive Image

Toxic online laughter isn’t much of a joke.

Responsive Image

It’s time to retire the ugly (yet iconic) Fila Disruptor II.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to eat, shop and enjoy the Big Apple without going broke.

Responsive Image

It isn’t necessarily synonymous with healthy.

Responsive Image

We stan popular influencers who take the time to discuss important issues and break taboos.

Responsive Image

‘Oh my God, I couldn’t stand being around all of that estrogen, isn’t it catty?’ No.

Responsive Image

Rehab might seem to be out of reach for many, but that isn’t always the case.

Responsive Image

Amethyst Schaber answers questions and busts myths about autism in their YouTube series.

Responsive Image

The facts aren’t straight, either.

Responsive Image

Three states are legalizing recreational marijuana. However, some cities have pushed back.

Responsive Image

Here’s why you should reconsider the phrase, ‘It’s better than smoking cigarettes.’

Responsive Image

Oakland recently became the second city in the United States to decriminalize the use and possession of the substance.

Responsive Image

As governor, he filed an official report about a UFO he saw. Now, almost 43 years later — to the day — we’re going to see if his suspicions were correct.

Responsive Image

In a time when so many seem embroiled in pessimism, there’s something out there that speaks to hope.

Responsive Image

The phenomena dates back to the 1900s but rising poverty, unemployment and changing social norms threaten this community’s way of life.

Responsive Image

And they’re 100% organic and vegan.

Responsive Image

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

Responsive Image

Women’s mental health has gained awareness over the years, but there’s always room for growth.

Responsive Image

It might seem like a small thing, but once you hit the job market, make sure the break room is a good place to recharge your batteries.