News & Politics

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For an event that claims to celebrate free speech, Wolf has come under fire for speaking too freely.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The father of Meadow Pollack says he doesn’t want money or restitution, he simply wants to expose Scot Peterson as a coward.

By

Responsive image
College /// Thoughts x

For the past few months, states have tried unrelentingly to overrule Roe v. Wade. Now, they are targeting birth control, too.

Thoughts x

Who didn’t hate gym class? But before you say, ‘sports are dumb,’ hear me out.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Meet Instagram’s most original (and most controversial) influencer.

Responsive Image

Here are the top five games in the franchise to get you into the “Zelda” zone.

Responsive Image

Make this the summer of self-growth.

Responsive Image

And what it says about the American stance on LGBTQ rights in 2019.

Responsive Image

Finally, something good happening on YouTube.

Responsive Image

These YouTubers will help you achieve the best “I woke up like this” hairstyles.

Responsive Image

Good for your wallet. Even better for the planet.

Responsive Image

It’s permanent, so you better not mess it up.

Responsive Image

And why shouldn’t he?

Responsive Image

Fans aren’t too happy about the new comedy but, as a mixed person, I see some potential.

Responsive Image

Jameela Jamil wants you to change the way you see, not the way you look.

Responsive Image

The re-emergence of the cowboy trope could be telling of a much larger shift in the political landscape.

Responsive Image

Your next furry companion will thank you.

Responsive Image

It’s never too late to learn.

Responsive Image

Gluten who?

Responsive Image

The FX hit is a celebration of drama, drag culture and sharp screenwriting.

Responsive Image

At this point, it’s hard to rule anything out.

Responsive Image

Get your hustle on, poolside.

Responsive Image

In higher education, it’s survival of the fittest.

Responsive Image

It’s biased, it’s unscripted and it’s incredibly funny.

Responsive Image

After a disappointing second season, ‘Westworld’ is changing things up by (kind of) going back to its roots.

Responsive Image

How to have culturally rich time even if you’re a financially broke student.

Responsive Image

The meltdown of child stars is, apparently, no longer limited to the silver screen.

Responsive Image

The recent bills passed in a handful of Southern states are wildly problematic.

Responsive Image

Using her #MakeMySize hashtag, the 12ish Style blogger is bringing transparency to plus-sized clothing.

Responsive Image

Steer clear, now and the other 11 months of the year.

Responsive Image

There are, after all, other sins in Sin City.

Responsive Image

How to survive yourself and others in a new country.

Responsive Image

Art doesn’t have to be expensive, and it can make all the difference in transforming your humble space.

Responsive Image

College is difficult. So is having an autoimmune disease. Going through both isn’t exactly a walk in the park.

Responsive Image

In her lyrics and life, Rogers exudes a confident self-assurance.

Responsive Image

Hint: It’s probably more manageable than you think.

Responsive Image

It’s easier, cheaper, more effective and better for the environment. Should I go on?

Responsive Image

The sexual freedom of college is boundless, but your tiny bed frame is not.

Responsive Image

Beautiful, rich and morally upstanding are out. Complex, troubled and realistic are in.

Responsive Image

Instead of premiering a movie whose animation rankled it core fanbase, Fowler, ingeniously, postponed.

Responsive Image

Coachella who?

Responsive Image

Television is about to turn a serious corner.

Responsive Image

The ‘Nailed It!’ star and her ‘dick-list’ are the perfect podcast to contextualize your romantic woes.

Responsive Image

We don’t make mistakes. We have happy accidents.

Responsive Image

A working student’s take on balance.

Responsive Image

The hit summer track is beginning to tread hallowed music-history ground.

Responsive Image

Scorching weather, revealing clothes and constant socialization make the season into a nightmare for many.

Responsive Image

Sometimes, you really are better off this way.

Responsive Image

After all, the Kardashians are well-known for bending the truth to their benefit. 

Responsive Image

And she’s only 31.

Responsive Image

Think you’re looking at two years of frowns and embarrassment? Think again.

Responsive Image

Get more bang for your buck and own that final year.

Responsive Image

Just hope her due date isn’t during finals.

Responsive Image

Is it a coincidence? Or is there something more … unnatural at hand?

Responsive Image

The Arab-American artist’s colorful, original artwork will challenge what you think about immigration.

Responsive Image

When everyone leaves, what do you do?

Responsive Image

There are 104 days of summer vacation, and the aching void of loneliness can be real on each of them.

Responsive Image

These critiques can be bad for your teachers and for you.

Responsive Image

The mastermind behind a number of canonical musicals has found his work resonating with a new generation.

Responsive Image

While some are well-intentioned, many of the products marketed to keep women safe fail to address what’s endangering them in the first place.

Responsive Image

By combining the thrill of sports-betting with the accessibility of gaming, the industry has created a product with massive appeal.

Responsive Image

The terminology and etiquette surrounding the Muslim month of fasting might be new to you, but they’re not complicated.

Responsive Image

It’s beautiful, affordable and not yet overrun by tourism.

Responsive Image

You’ll have to wait until June 9 to hear the winners, but here are the most promising nominees.

Responsive Image

The mixed-media artist explores beauty and black identity in the wake of the African diaspora.

Responsive Image

Please drop out of the presidential race.

Responsive Image

No, you won’t ‘ruin the friendship.’

Responsive Image

Just another thing to study.

Responsive Image

Nope, you don’t have to look like a caveman.

Responsive Image

They might not be as valid as social media makes them seem

Responsive Image

Keeping up with the Kardashian-West family in 11 minutes

Responsive Image

With over 3,000 recognized emojis — including zombies, mermaids and vampires — how is it possible that the Afro community was entirely left out?

Responsive Image

React to this.

Responsive Image

Happy pinning!

Responsive Image

Grosso’s life lessons will definitely be useful to you, whether you’ve struggled with addiction or not.

Responsive Image

From pre-departure to returning home, here’s everything you’ll need.

Responsive Image

Good news? About politics? Couldn’t be.

Responsive Image

‘Legally Blonde’ jokes aside, she certainly has the pedigree.

Responsive Image

She’s back and better than ever.

Responsive Image

It’s basically ‘Mario Party’ on your phone.

Responsive Image

Swipe right on your future!

Responsive Image

They’re not just for art snobs.

Responsive Image

Don’t be intimidated, but do be prepared.

Responsive Image

What proponents have hailed as the genre’s savior is likely doing more harm than good.

Responsive Image

Often overlooked, the high-stakes game of baccarat is enjoying a resurgence, and it’s time you learn to play it.

Responsive Image

Why buy damaging, synthetic cleansers when you can make your own?

Responsive Image

The hybrid sport sweeping South America is a perfect antidote for the U.S.’s athletic woes.

Responsive Image

Some basic safeguards can go a long way.

Responsive Image

College is a messy time for romance, but these talks can give you some perspective.

Responsive Image

As more players switch to online games, tech has helped made the experience even better.

Responsive Image

Her Instagram, sharp comments and recent petition campaign have all helped shed light on issues surrounding body image.

Responsive Image

There’s no need to worry, but there is a need to prepare.

Responsive Image

On the bright side, at least now you have the creative anguish you need to make some new music!

Responsive Image

Leave ‘So tell me about yourself’ to the job interviews.

Responsive Image

The site is much more than just wedding, craft and travel ideas.

Responsive Image

Her essay, ‘I Am Not Always Very Attached to Being Alive,’ has opened up a much-needed dialogue.

Responsive Image

There’s a whole new dimension to the body-positive movement.

Responsive Image

Being able to give and receive feedback is critical to improving your writing.

Responsive Image

The artist’s installation is made of sculptures of lost faces, wounds, stories and histories of systematic oppression and racial violence.

Responsive Image

Harambe: gone, but not forgotten

Responsive Image

You’re welcome.

Responsive Image

The effects of bullying continue long after the bullying ends.

Responsive Image

Starting your day off right is key to just about everything else.

Responsive Image

In three videos on Instagram, the 31-year-old rapper explained why he had been on a yearlong hiatus.

Responsive Image

The rules are simple: don’t be a weirdo.