News & Politics

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
College /// Thoughts x

There’s no need to worry, but there is a need to prepare.

Sounds /// Thoughts x

On the bright side, at least now you have the creative anguish you need to make some new music!

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Leave ‘So tell me about yourself’ to the job interviews.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

The site is much more than just wedding, craft and travel ideas.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Her essay, ‘I Am Not Always Very Attached to Being Alive,’ has opened up a much-needed dialogue.

Responsive Image

In three videos on Instagram, the 31-year-old rapper explained why he had been on a yearlong hiatus.

Responsive Image

Solving Rubik’s Cubes can teach you a lot more than you might think.

Responsive Image

Be prepared for an astounding lack of understanding from just about everyone.

Responsive Image

While your college town might not have all the opportunities city colleges do, you can still make the most out of it.

Responsive Image

In the competition, graffiti and visual artists compete against each other to win the audience’s approval.

Responsive Image

Yes, there’s a chance it could end badly. But there’s also a chance they could be your soul mate.

Responsive Image

The seven-day experiment in self-governance remains one of the formative events of my life.

Responsive Image

As social interaction becomes rarer, when does loneliness become a health epidemic?

Responsive Image

If blood isn’t your thing, then this article (or periods in general) isn’t for you.

Responsive Image

There’s a reason college admissions processes are kept secret.

Responsive Image

But also, start looking for those opportunities now.

Responsive Image

Because of its cerebral nature and online offerings, the sport has ballooned in popularity amongst female players.

Responsive Image

The games are great for solving mysteries and puzzles, but not so great for other things.

Responsive Image

This is not a paid post, honestly.

Responsive Image

Just imagine being able to sleep better, stay awake during boring classes and improve your focus, all without drugs.

Responsive Image

Petlessness can be difficult for any animal-lover, but you can overcome.

Responsive Image

Any and all questions welcome.

Responsive Image

Not a good cook? Fear not. Instagram’s got you covered.

Responsive Image

A primer for working through disappointment and moving on.

Responsive Image

Don’t give in to the green-eyed monster.

Responsive Image

Two different generations, two different perspectives on romance.

Responsive Image

It’s never been easier to generate a passive income.

Responsive Image

Living in a co-ed apartment might be difficult, but you can make it work.

Responsive Image

For me and so many others, a twenty one pilots concert is a second home.

Responsive Image

The popular Instagram account has taken on everyone from Dolce and Gabbana to Kim Kardashian.

Responsive Image

We have the right to freedom of speech, protest and religion, but not clean air or water.

Responsive Image

It seems like wealth, fame and a fair complexion are key to receiving a college education.

Responsive Image

For San Antonio-based drink-slinging hopefuls, one program can have you paying off your tuition in less than two weeks.

Responsive Image

So much depends on a positive self-outlook.

Responsive Image

These style savants are pushing the world of jawns into overdrive.

Responsive Image

Because a life full of dread is exhausting.

Responsive Image

What’s more convenient than a therapist in your pocket?

Responsive Image

In celebration of Women’s History Month, channel these women’s stories for inspiration.

Responsive Image

Mind over matter takes on a whole new meaning.

Responsive Image

Both involve the stock market, but one involves a lot more stress.

Responsive Image

Move over, C-3PO, mankind has a new favorite robot.

Responsive Image

Yes, it can be done.

Responsive Image

This year more than ever, local acts shone.

Responsive Image

All work and no play makes going to college seem completely unbearable.

Responsive Image

Embrace your inner Sherlock Holmes.

Responsive Image

Romance is dead … or is it??

Responsive Image

Summer is coming.

Responsive Image

When students come together, we’re more influential than you think.

Responsive Image

The abstractionist, whose work was supposedly guided by the occult, is responsible for some of the 20th century’s most avant garde work.

Responsive Image

It’s become Facebook’s mission impossible.

Responsive Image

When your home base gets uprooted, it can feel like your childhood’s ended. It hasn’t.

Responsive Image

Buff and rich? You’ll be unstoppable.

Responsive Image

Here are some short-term and long-term solutions to improve your quality of life.

Responsive Image

Say goodbye to the freshman 15.

Responsive Image

And don’t say ‘I’m not funny,’ because you are!

Responsive Image

Rise and grind.

Responsive Image

Older rock stars are making good music for more people, and it’s an unequivocal good.

Responsive Image

The strikes, walkouts and crises all underscore one pivotal point: the importance of public education.

Responsive Image

So, you’re dating but like not really dating?

Responsive Image

Raise your hand if you want to have clear and smooth skin.

Responsive Image

Hate-follows should be the first thing to go.

Responsive Image

Being intelligent with who sees your genetic material might just be in your DNA.

Responsive Image

Millions of people do it, and have for thousands of years, but why?

Responsive Image

Express yourself and make money doing it.

Responsive Image

It’s never too early to start preparing!

Responsive Image

You know CPR, but what would you do if a friend had a suicidal episode?

Responsive Image

Yes, you can trick yourself out of sadness.

Responsive Image

Are you a Plenty of Fish guy or a Hinge type of gal?

Responsive Image

The new law aims to tackle one of the most pervasive, but subtle forms of racism.

Responsive Image

A line-by-line breakdown of Grande’s ode to splits.

Responsive Image

The low-carb, high-fat eating plan has caught the attention of several A-listers.

Responsive Image

If you want to bet wisely, play games where the odds start in your favor.

Responsive Image

They might provide healthy, sustainable food, but how do they treat their employees?

Responsive Image

The socially responsible generation is putting their money where their morals are.

Responsive Image

Smollett, if guilty, is stupid. But the politicians, no matter what, were self-seeking.

Responsive Image

Be careful what you see online.

Responsive Image

Hurry up, the clock’s ticking!

Responsive Image

Are you really going to miss your cramped dorm?

Responsive Image

Get inspired, pack your bags and get out there.

Responsive Image

The United States can’t reverse global warming without systemic change, and very few politicians want that.

Responsive Image

Make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.

Responsive Image

Times have changed — for both Veronica and her audiences.

Responsive Image

Shhhh!

Responsive Image

Bright, light and colorful, Bryant’s trademark aesthetic mirrors his generous charm.

Responsive Image

Partying is technically optional.

Responsive Image

Pro tip: Cleanliness is often an afterthought.

Responsive Image

No matter what you’re dealing with, there’s no shame in asking for help.

Responsive Image

A new, cynical trend on Twitter is shedding light on how we construct our identities.

Responsive Image

He’s a billionaire, yes, but also a murderer, rapist and drug pusher.

Responsive Image

Prepare for chaos, friendly strangers and loud music.

Responsive Image

The resolution is unlikely to pass, but its implications for the 2020 election are important.

Responsive Image

Fifty percent of the world is.

Responsive Image

Trust me, it’s nothing like its high school counterpart.

Responsive Image

It’s Tinder — for pets!

Responsive Image

Yes, that means you too.

Responsive Image

Just imagine Cirque du Soleil meets six packs.

Responsive Image

The work of the Senegalese artist is bold, symbolic and breathtaking.

Responsive Image

Work history? Never met her.

Responsive Image

Students with legally approved support animals need them, no matter how funny you think service peacock jokes are.

Responsive Image

Relatability, reengineered.

Responsive Image

When it comes to headphones, it pays not to skimp.

Responsive Image

The positions and platforms of Tulsi Gabbard, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren.

Responsive Image

Distance is only a number.

Responsive Image

People here … care about the environment??

Responsive Image

Inspiration can come from the most unusual (or mundane) places.

Responsive Image

The plus-sized runner is breaking fitness norms one marathon (and ultramarathon) at a time.