News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Due to the coronavirus, many events have been pushed out of the news cycle. Here are a few headlines that have flown under the radar.

Thoughts x

Just from the name, you can probably guess that it’s found in cannabis. How does it actually do its thing, though?

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

What makes the ‘Cool Girl’ cool? Is it her appeal and convenience to men?

Responsive image
Thoughts x

You want to stand out, but you don’t want to spend too much.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Tired of your hair? Looking to switch up your look? Want to avoid making a huge mess? There might just be a solution that is quick, easy and clean.

Responsive image

What can we expect in the coming years?

Responsive image

These women are making the world a more inclusive and accessible place, one post at a time.

Responsive Image

Want the human aspect of casinos, but don’t want to leave your couch? Here’s something for you.

Responsive Image

Sometimes you have to spend to save.

Responsive Image

Just because you’re broke doesn’t mean you can’t have fun.

Responsive Image

In this day and age, the phrase ‘I’ll sleep when I’m dead’ takes on a new, darker meaning.

Responsive Image

Should you spend the money on a long-term subscription or stick to those free trials?

Responsive Image

Who’s on your list?

Responsive Image

Is it the way for easy, at-home hair coloring, or will you just end up disappointed?

Responsive Image

They say it’s not good to keep it bottled up, but is letting it out doing more harm than good?

Responsive Image

If you approach music like a science, it will be much easier to improve your musical abilities.

Responsive Image

This new label has emerged from Instagram feeds and blogs, providing yet another impossible ideal for women to attain.

Responsive Image

It can be painful, but it’s also incredibly fulfilling.

Responsive Image

Local, alternate forms of cash can help bring communities together in the face of economic disparity.

Responsive Image

It’s moved beyond the clubs and into dance and exercise studios.

Responsive Image

We all have to begin somewhere.

Responsive Image

The photo editing app can touch up appearances on Instagram and Snapchat, but is it negatively affecting young people’s self-worth?

Responsive Image

While many communities are celebrating mental health awareness, it still faces a large stigma in the black community thanks to centuries of racism.

Responsive Image

Some of them might surprise you.

Responsive Image

Accountability isn’t a witch hunt.

Responsive Image

Even after several decades, the Japanese company’s characters still have a widespread appeal.

Responsive Image

No need to stress out about your time off. Take a deep breath and plan the perfect vacation to suit your needs.

Responsive Image

Owning an automobile is certainly convenient, but is it worth the cost?

Responsive Image

Philosophers, no matter how long ago they may have lived, can reveal insights about ourselves and help us live better lives.

Responsive Image

Coco Chanel said ‘a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.’ This is often said to be about getting a good haircut, but getting a bad haircut builds life skills that a good one could never teach.

Responsive Image

Keeping your body active is important, but there’s not always time. Here’s how to fit it into your busy schedule.

Responsive Image

Is it all just smoke and mirrors or is their something more beneficial to it?

Responsive Image

Chances are, you probably didn’t know who created the ‘Renegade’ dance a few weeks ago.

Responsive Image

Keep some things in mind before you jump in.

Responsive Image

Are you selling yourself short by partaking in the one-night stands and ambiguous ‘situationships’ of today’s hookup culture?

Responsive Image

Hope you paid attention in class.

Responsive Image

The viral meme had everyone reaching for their cleaning supplies, even though science didn’t back up the internet’s wild claims.

Responsive Image

Here’s the truth behind this cute squeezable soft toy.

Responsive Image

These products aren’t as harmless as influencers make them seem.

Responsive Image

If you have the means, make sure you’re not putting it off.

Responsive Image

Elon Musk’s project promises to revolutionize the internet, but it might cause a constellation of problems in outer space.

Responsive Image

Expecting to make some big decisions? Having trouble communicating? Maybe the answers are in the stars.

Responsive Image

Don’t toss those old clothes. Make something fun.

Responsive Image

In the age of social media and the loss of serendipitous in-person connection, AirPods add another hurdle to navigating social situations.

Responsive Image

If you’re worried about your biological clock, preserving your eggs for a later date might be your safest bet.

Responsive Image

A revolution in style is taking place, and it’s reframing how we understand masculinity.

Responsive Image

It might be easy to dismiss dad sneakers and other chunky footwear, but they’re en vogue right now for a reason.

Responsive Image

It’s easy to get caught up in ‘green’ advertising. Here’s how to weed out companies that use environmentalism as a brand without putting it into practice.

Responsive Image

If you’re experiencing some bad luck or just having a bad week, there might be a reason why — and it aligns with the planets.

Responsive Image

By ditching toxic ingredients, you’ll not only benefit your skin, but also your mind and the planet.

Responsive Image

Want to try something different for the new year? Try incorporating this color into your wardrobe.

Responsive Image

The death of Kobe Bryant and Nipsey Hussle leaves the city of LA quiet.

Responsive Image

Style takes its cues from the past — could we possibly see an echo of 1920s for the new ’20s?

Responsive Image

Is the SpaceX and Tesla entrepreneur really a visionary, or is it all modern-day myth-making?

Responsive Image

You know you’ve made it when your drink of choice is your own booze.

Responsive Image

Celebrating the rich and diverse background of Black History month, the LGBT+ community has not forgotten some of their most influential figures.

Responsive Image

Most people know how to read their horoscopes, but what are the benefits of a card reading?

Responsive Image

Not looking forward to Valentine’s Day? At least you have this holiday the day before.

Responsive Image

The world is dealing with a new virus, and with that fear, xenophobia has emerged on the internet and in day-to-day life.

Responsive Image

It might helpful in the short term, but there might be some problems over the long run.

Responsive Image

It doesn’t just help you relax; it might actually be good for you as well.

Responsive Image

We’re all familiar with brick-and-mortar casinos. How about when they’re on the internet?

Responsive Image

What do the next 10 years hold?

Responsive Image

Surprise! Erectile dysfunction isn’t the only problem plaguing pleasure.

Responsive Image

It’s a little risky and not talked about too much, but it’s absolutely necessary for those in snowy climates.

Responsive Image

Which one is better? The battle rages on.

Responsive Image

It may be a popular trend among young adults, but many are unaware of its consequences.

Responsive Image

A few YouTubers are showing that there’s a lot to discover about desolate and empty buildings.

Responsive Image

The ever-expanding definition of the term has caused more of an uproar instead of opening a door for conversation.

Responsive Image

Not all heroes wear capes; some of them wear nothing at all.

Responsive Image

The Sussexes’ separation from the monarchy signals a new generation.

Responsive Image

The company’s released their fair share of fresh kicks and slick designs.

Responsive Image

Fenty naming our horoscope lipstick ‘PMS’ is only one reason this sign’s reputation needs some reconsideration.

Responsive Image

HBO’s adaption of the iconic comic caused controversy over creative liberties taken with its source material.

Responsive Image

The film might not be perfect, but it’s helping to advance the conversation about a very important topic.

Responsive Image

There are some critical absences this year. First off: Awkwafina.

Responsive Image

Technology’s reach affects more than you might think.

Responsive Image

Wallflowers can still bloom.

Responsive Image

Who knew a soap opera with men in tights could have so much ignorance surrounding it?

Responsive Image

These trends seem fun and harmless, but they’re actually insulting.

Responsive Image

Get ready to taste bacteria-filled perfection.

Responsive Image

Yes, you need to download the app.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re interested in coding or into design, there’s an opportunity for you.

Responsive Image

The movement’s influence on society can still be seen years after it first took off.

Responsive Image

This cross between two different sativa strains results in something particularly nice-smelling.

Responsive Image

Is the world ending? Do cars fly on their own now? Time to discuss how past predictions hold up to the present day.

Responsive Image

This folk trio has been releasing quality music for nearly two decades, but still sits just below the radar.

Responsive Image

Stay away from these bad habits, however, and you might stand a chance.

Responsive Image

The couple had an intimate ceremony performed by some of their closest friends before dancing the night away.

Responsive Image

The app could potentially eliminate thousands of genetic diseases, but does it veer a little too closely into eugenics? 

Responsive Image

While sorting yourself into your zodiac, MBTI type and whatever else can be fun, is it really all a bunch of bologna?

Responsive Image

When you factor in production and infrastructure, e-scooters might not exactly be saving the Earth.

Responsive Image

Time to toss those 2019 calendars.

Responsive Image

Go rogue with your 2020 goals.

Responsive Image

Now that you’ve spent the month getting gifts for your loved ones, it’s time to get something for yourself — without going further into the red.

Responsive Image

As transgender visibility increases, seeing might be believing, but understanding is so much more.

Responsive Image

The expectations are far, far away from reality.

Responsive Image

You’ve seen the inspiration for the American series, now see if you can make some extra scratch off of it.

Responsive Image

You will definitely want to avoid taking a trip to this isle.

Responsive Image

There’s nothing wrong with adopting dogs, but now is not the time.

Responsive Image

Want to win some money online? Take a look at this guide to some internet gaming in the U.K.

Responsive Image

Step trackers, calorie counters, weight calculations, BMI scores and other so-called health tracking trends are pushing people away from a healthy mind-body relationship and into a physically and psychologically damaging cult of obsession.

Responsive Image

Make someone happy while also helping out the environment.

Responsive Image

The collection is designed to keep you warm and comfortable while remaining in style during the holiday season.

Responsive Image

Some on the internet worry Bluetooth innovation is deadly, but what merit do these claims really have?

Responsive Image

‘Frozen the Musical,’ is holding nothing back on its Hollywood journey.

Responsive Image

Cheer up! There’s still plenty of joy to go around.

Responsive Image

There is more to life than Silicon Valley and Los Angeles.