News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After sexual harassment claims, the company is trying to find ways to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of its riders.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After making promises he failed to keep, Trump is making it harder for transgender citizens to be accepted and treated fairly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

A student-started petition has suggested ‘hippos’ or ‘riverhorses’ in places of the Colonials, a term they claim is too deeply tied to systemic oppression.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With a population of about 30,000 transgender individuals, Lahore becomes the home of Pakistan’s first ever school for transgender students.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Hosseini’s novel captures the refugee experience in the magnitude of its human drama.

Screens /// Thoughts x

In almost every field, from education to firefighting to medical care, IoT tech offers potential breakthroughs.

Responsive image
Responsive image

The judiciary has long been the most progressive governmental branch, but it’s certainly not their ally.

Responsive image

They’ve criticized the Republican Party for being a bunch of old white people, but Democrats aren’t much better at the moment.

Responsive image

Responsive Image

The decision reaffirms the company’s commitment to innovation, and it shows a level of loyalty that’s becoming rare in the tech world.

Responsive Image

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

Responsive Image

This one’s for Tina.

Responsive Image

This isn’t the last we’ve heard from Beto.

Responsive Image

Some say yes, he says no.

Responsive Image

Sensitivity > machismo.

Responsive Image

In the fight against budding fascist Jair Bolsonaro, the South American country is looking to its long tradition of student protest.

Responsive Image

How to keep in touch with your loved ones and enjoy being away from home.

Responsive Image

Cannabidiol is all the rage, but not everyone can afford it.

Responsive Image

There’s nothing wrong with being a teacher’s pet.

Responsive Image

Sure, Kanye’s politics are a mess. But his products aren’t.

Responsive Image

Online shopping will never live up to the overwhelming ecstasy of the Toys R Us experience.

Responsive Image

It’s time to step up or ship off.

Responsive Image

Get angry. Be vocal.

Responsive Image

November is a time of transition: into fall, into daylight savings, into the holiday season. Be ready.

Responsive Image

STEM majors, let’s get this bread.

Responsive Image

Why saying ‘yes’ is not enough.

Responsive Image

Dan Lapidus and Scott Schneiderman, both Pitt students, discuss how the Jewish community has responded to the attack.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Sustainability guru Manuela Baron wants to make living well less intimidating.

Responsive Image

New York University student Sophie Sandberg is chalking back to cat callers.

Responsive Image

MCAD student Karla Mellett documents the way climate shapes community.

Responsive Image

Extra! Extra! Read all about it.

Responsive Image

If you were raised on Cartoon Network and trap rap, your sense of reality is fundamentally unlike any other in human history.

Responsive Image

Combining tenets of female empowerment and pagan mysticism, witchcraft is on the rise in modern America.

Responsive Image

Even if the violence in question is hypothetical, the experiences of the participating students are not.

Responsive Image

She might be a novelty, but she’s taking jobs from people who aren’t.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Male behavior is, after all, the cause of the #MeToo movement.

Responsive Image

If people just aren’t really your thing, don’t worry — you’re not alone.

Responsive Image

Civic Engagement Fellow Alyssa Pacheco drops a few tips on the best ways to get your peers to the polls.

Responsive Image

The conversations we’ve needed to have for decades are finally taking place.

Responsive Image

Ghosts are great for spooky season, but no one wants them in their love life.

Responsive Image

Dear Abby, it’s not 1956 anymore.

Responsive Image

Democracy shouldn’t depend on judges taking their vitamins.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Here’s how they’ve kept their relationship going for 11 years and counting.

Responsive Image

Let the past die, or embrace it?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Reading this article doesn’t count as procrastination, by the way.

Responsive Image

Confessions of a former concert addict.

Responsive Image

If financial aid really isn’t working for you, give these websites a try.

Responsive Image

It’s a cliche, but it works.

Responsive Image

The Bronx native is making reading cool again.

Responsive Image

’90s kids: Get ready for a few blasts from the past.

Responsive Image

Looking ‘bare-faced’ just means wearing different makeup.

Responsive Image

Host Ethan Klein may be a bit rough around the edges, but you’re not going to find the same pop culture scoops anywhere else.

Responsive Image

His appointment gives the Supreme Court a conservative majority, which could affect everything from abortion to affirmative action.

Responsive Image

2018 might be the new ‘Year of the Woman.’

Responsive Image

Most of them involve drinking Natty Light.

Responsive Image

Minuscule, hyper-detailed and elegant, the nouveau ink is upending the industry.

Responsive Image

If you’ve ever found yourself saying, ‘I don’t know why … I just like iPhones better,’ then you need to do some research.

Responsive Image

Thriving in college is about much more than studying.

Responsive Image

Growing up Muslim means facing a crisis many religious millennials experience: the increasing stigma attached to faith.

Responsive Image

Four University of California student researchers weigh in on how they got their research jobs and why it’s not as scary as it seems.

Responsive Image

Her queer identity has no affect on her ability to have children, to the surprise, apparently, of many.

Responsive Image

In the aftermath of the paradigm-shifting movement, reasons for both optimism and cynicism abound.

Responsive Image

I survived both and am here to tell the tale.

Responsive Image

Festival season is upon us.

Responsive Image

Look what you made me do. (Spoiler: it’s voting.)

Responsive Image

The Chicago-based musician is everything good about timeless hip hop.

Responsive Image

Sony’s foray into the Marvel universe is predictably formulaic.

Responsive Image

Headbanging doesn’t have to be only for guys.

Responsive Image

The future of the Oval Office is as unclear as it’s ever been, but a few likely options have emerged.

Responsive Image

The Democrats are coming.

Responsive Image

The lack of support for the Asian nation is just another example of the Western world’s disregard for non-white countries.

Responsive Image

IRL vs. URL.

Responsive Image

The creator of the largest online vaping community in the world discusses trends in the industry, e-cigarettes, legislation and his personal preferences.

Responsive Image

Fan Bingbing, one of China’s most famous movie stars, vanished for three months. Who was to blame? Her government.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

You either do or you delegate, there is no procrastinate.

Responsive Image

Racist media tropes are alive and well, and apparently deeply embedded into Rowling’s psyche.

Responsive Image

The Trump memes won’t help us in the long run.

Responsive Image

In the fight for women’s rights, the movement is the natural successor to #MeToo.

Responsive Image

Cat yoga is the hottest thing in fitness. So ‘pawmaste,’ my friends.

Responsive Image

It might be spooky szn, but your life doesn’t have to be scary this month.

Responsive Image

#MeTwo, #MeThree, #MeFour…

Responsive Image

The album nearly five years in the making, and reportedly Wayne’s last, has arrived.

Responsive Image

With her Uncomfortable Art tours, the anti-establishment art historian is challenging how we approach galleries.

Responsive Image

At Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, student photographer Emlyn Orr captures human connections.

Responsive Image

Could the uptick in Asian-American representation help move the needle in the midterm elections?

Responsive Image

When stars dabble in public affairs, philanthropy can get messy.

Responsive Image

As black women find increasing representation in media, their hairstyles get political.

Responsive Image

As Columbus Day fades into history, here’s how to celebrate its rightful replacement.

Responsive Image

The Russian visual artist’s breathtaking illustrations will leave your jaw hanging and mouth watering.

Responsive Image

According to a school of thought Potter champions called social practice, change is the art.

Responsive Image

The doctoral student and video creator is helping sow commonsense feminism across the internet.

Responsive Image

The city’s historic celebration of its 300th anniversary has brought questions of colonialism, white-washing and identity to the fore.

Responsive Image

The more things change, the worse they get.

Responsive Image

Torvalds’ leave of absence from his post as ‘benevolent dictator for life’ is a promising change for an industry infamous for its abusive executives.

Responsive Image

Thursday’s emotional hearing might be the most public test the #MeToo movement has faced since its inception.

Responsive Image

The Jesuits had us doomed from the get-go.

Responsive Image

Misshapen fruits and veggies are the new black.

Responsive Image

You’ll thank yourself later.

Responsive Image

The duo’s friendship is practically the stuff of fairytale, but it’s even better because it’s not.

Responsive Image

Drag shows, baby bumps, political protests and flying shoes — fashion brings it all.

Responsive Image

The ruling marks somewhat of a success for the myriad Cosby accusers.

Responsive Image

No celebration of the actor’s life is complete without a reminder that he was a child predator.

Responsive Image

It’s not because they get more sleep.

Responsive Image

Her case has been compared to Anita Hill’s, which has prompted discussions of how far (or not far) women’s rights have come in 30 years.