News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The left-wing populist uses blistering words to speak out against a rigged economic system, as well as those who don’t fight hard enough against it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Despite his smaller following than many, the progressive talk show host has repeatedly proven his skill in the YouTube debate arena.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The progressive political group has found the secret to getting results from powerful people. It isn’t always comfortable, but we’re here for the results.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Malcolm X said, ‘The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman.’ This video conference aimed to give them a space to share their experiences and uplift each other.

Thoughts x

Want to have long, luxurious locks? Here are some strategies to turn your long-hair dreams into reality.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

The former Democratic presidential primary candidate is going viral as an unlikely voice of reason, appearing on the conservative news network to advocate for liberal policies.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

In the new millennium, traveling as a part of everyday life has become a reality that millions are subscribing to. How can you make it your reality?

Responsive image
Responsive image

If you get lucky, the slots can pay off big for you.

Responsive image

Lockdown might not seem very beneficial at first glance, but it turns out that depriving yourself of the activities you enjoy might actually boost your future happiness.

Responsive image

Now that the series ‘Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’ is cleared for production, the serial killer is once again being talked about. What was behind his gruesome acts of brutality?

Responsive image

Be it your first, twentieth or two-hundredth, getting a tattoo during the pandemic comes with its own set of rules.

Responsive Image

What started as a simple indie strategy horror game quickly evolved into a cornerstone of modern pop culture.

Responsive Image

Should the singer and business woman be de-platformed for her most recent offense against the Muslim community, or is ‘canceling’ no longer the right path to take?

Responsive Image

Websites want more views. Maybe you can help, and make some money while you’re at it.

Responsive Image

Despite China’s media censorship of same-sex relationships, the author’s books — including ‘Mo Dao Zu Shi,’ the basis of a widely watched series — remain wildly popular in the country.

Responsive Image

The singer’s fashion company has expanded to include plus-size male models in their new lingerie line.

Responsive Image

With COVID-19 still an active threat, it is important to stay safe while still participating in spooky fun.

Responsive Image

What would you do with an extra grand in your pocket?

Responsive Image

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Responsive Image

You don’t necessarily need to take the typical route for a career in the medical field.

Responsive Image

It is only through preparation, communication and flexibility that a DM is capable of introducing their players to their world and engaging them enough to keep them there.

Responsive Image

If the ultraconservative judge fills Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s former seat, how will this impact health care, immigration and other issues?

Responsive Image

Learning how to be confident and determined beyond the stage can improve the way you live.

Responsive Image

Rihanna’s latest fashion show is a boundary-pushing storm of sensuality and self-expression, reimagining what it is to be sexy.

Responsive Image

The recent chaotic political exchange between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden is but one of many startling political conferences in U.S. record.

Responsive Image

While the president blames the state for its fires, the wildfires continue to burn. Better climate change policies and forest management strategies are needed.

Responsive Image

Staying up-to-date with new development is crucial in the medical field

Responsive Image

While the Supreme Court Justice did a lot of good in her lifetime, she wasn’t perfect. Ultimately, the lionizing of public officials makes it harder to hold them accountable when they make mistakes.

Responsive Image

By evoking both nostalgia and a sense of community, the classic game, particularly on private servers like Club Penguin Rewritten, provides a sense of refuge.

Responsive Image

The increased presence of celebrities on social media sometimes makes people think they are closer to their favorites than they are. This can have serious consequences.

Responsive Image

Aided by social media and the desire to recreate the dream homes of people’s imaginations, the old pastime is garnering some renewed interest.

Responsive Image

Their stories were all different, but their journey still feels incredibly familiar.

Responsive Image

This slang term criticizes men who are nice to their partners instead of being more ‘dominant.’ It needs to stop for the sake of healthy relationships.

Responsive Image

This Instagram account is a virtual treasure trove of useless facts and weird bits of information. Perfect for your next Zoom date!

Responsive Image

This year has taken an incredible toll on people, especially Black women.

Responsive Image

Amanda Montell’s 2019 book examines how adjusting the words that we use can alter how gender and sexuality are considered in today’s society — for the better.

Responsive Image

COVID-19 fears may be fueling an exodus from the Big Apple, but the city is resilient and will bounce back — like it’s done numerous times before.

Responsive Image

The children’s toy fad was intense but brief. Yet its legacy lives on in subtle ways within us.

Responsive Image

Being optimistic is generally considered a good thing, but what happens when people take that to the extreme? Oftentimes the result pushes an upbeat attitude that ultimately invalidates normal human emotions.

Responsive Image

The year 2020 has introduced countless new terms and phrases into our jargon.

Responsive Image

Using a Black main cast, the show uses the supernatural themes of H.P. Lovecraft to ask who the real monsters are.

Responsive Image

The topic of abortion has been put up for debate many times, but the issue at its core could help clear the divide.

Responsive Image

Do-it-yourself outfits and socially distant celebrations can help make the spookiest holiday of the year safe and enjoyable, pandemic or not.

Responsive Image

Follower counts and likes once reigned as the indicator of success on social media platforms. Once free market greed trickled into the equation, influencers then relied on money to define their fame. Now, many are moving into huge homes, en masse, to capitalize on this development.

Responsive Image

The hysterectomies performed at the Irwin County Detention Center are just one more incident in a long line of racist reproductive practices in America.

Responsive Image

They’ve long been a part of the picture-perfect image of the American dream home, but they’re actually a nightmare for our bigger home — the Earth.

Responsive Image

Aesthetic considerations are an important part of decorating your space, and looking past current trends can help you find your own style.

Responsive Image

Our planet is up in flames due to the climate crisis, but what can we do to help? The answer isn’t what you may think.

Responsive Image

The 2019 undertaking, directed by Nikole Hannah-Jones, is facing backlash from people who disagree with its integration into American school systems.

Responsive Image

The extreme theories may seem outlandish and irrational, but many of our regular beliefs may be no better.

Responsive Image

In a record fire season, tens of thousands of residents of affected regions are forced to leave everything behind, or live with the risks of staying put.

Responsive Image

Recent uproar against the controversial jewelry line reveals a world of merchandise that misrepresents the movement.

Responsive Image

I’ve reconsidered my relationship with the present, the future and my environment.

Responsive Image

Good news! You can work out your brain at the same time you work out your body.

Responsive Image

The social media influencer is molding spoons and the occasional fork into beautiful custom jewelry — and they’re selling out rapidly.

Responsive Image

They’re open to everyone, right? Not exactly. Many American cities and public lands are designed and regulated in order to oust people without housing.

Responsive Image

What can 55 cents get you? As it turns out, a trip across the country. A closer look into what the postal service looks like in developed countries around the world.

Responsive Image

From the Know Your Rights Camp to GoodKids MadCity, these groups are empowering some of society’s marginalized young people.

Responsive Image

The phrase is popular on TikTok and it’s a good concept — here’s why you should start romanticizing your own life.

Responsive Image

People once flocked to these two big cities, but faced with the pandemic, job losses and increasing costs of living, residents are now fleeing these American metropolises.

Responsive Image

Considering their reactions to the police shootings of Jacob Blake, Philando Castile and John Crawford, the right-wing seems to believe in a selective application of the Second Amendment.

Responsive Image

Oftentimes fitting conventional, beauty standards gets you more opportunities in life. Here’s how this concept affects young adult women.

Responsive Image

A disqualification at the U.S. Open marks the end of a difficult summer for the men’s singles world No. 1.

Responsive Image

If you want the best bang for your buck, do your research first.

Responsive Image

With the loyalty of their customers and their city, two families in Waco, TX continue to grow their small restaurants amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Responsive Image

The archetype didn’t come from nowhere. Along with their ancestors BBQ Becky and Permit Patty, they all share a sense of entitlement, and oftentimes, a disregard for people of color.

Responsive Image

The body positivity movement still maintains that beauty is important, but this new movement inspires self-love regardless of physical appearance.

Responsive Image

Here are some things to be aware of if you’re going to get high in the Wolverine State.

Responsive Image

There is nothing more furious than an argument between the book lover and tablet user. Where we read has become a badge of honor! What do you choose?

Responsive Image

The boredom brought on by quarantine has caused many young people to increase their marijuana use. But is a fun pastime turning into reliance?

Responsive Image

You’re going to need to know what goes into quality written composition, of course, but there’s a few other quirks you should know about.

Responsive Image

Luxury bags have been the go-to status symbol for a while, but the top name brands are extremely inaccessible. Telfar changes the game.

Responsive Image

It’s time to recontextualize our perception of the porn industry and its subsequent associations with adult content creators. Unfortunately, Bella Thorne has complicated the matter.

Responsive Image

Japanese skincare products could be the more simplistic and affordable replacement to the Korean skincare routine we’ve all come to know.

Responsive Image

The iconic actress was the first Black person to win an Academy Award, but in a cruel irony, it was for playing a caricatured role in a deeply racist Hollywood.

Responsive Image

There can be a lot confusion around voting, but when the stakes are high, it’s important to know what’s going on. Here’s a quick guide.

Responsive Image

Some aspects of school sports lend themselves to disordered eating. It’s time for these programs to reexamine how they care for the mental and physical health of their athletes.

Responsive Image

Standard office furniture creates painful problems for many office workers outside of the average height range. Who is responsible for solving them?

Responsive Image

It’s a serious topic that warrants attention, and oftentimes other people are the key to getting better.

Responsive Image

By creating an inclusive community with justice at the forefront of their mission, the organization is changing the face of environmentalism.

Responsive Image

Record temperatures have resulted in rolling blackouts in the western U.S. If you don’t have AC — or even power — here’s how to keep cool.

Responsive Image

You don’t have to have a mouth full of metal anymore.

Responsive Image

Over the last few months, there has been a surge of illegal firework displays across the nation. But what prompted them in the first place?

Responsive Image

Just because you don’t have a lot of money doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with some online games of chance.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It goes a lot further back than you think.

Responsive Image

When creating content, some stars see disobeying government mandates as a small price to pay, proving not all influencers should be considered role models.

Responsive Image

How will your petaled beauties live their second life? Here are the many ways to prolong their value to you and your home.

Responsive Image

The doll’s aesthetic is taking social media by storm, and serving as a reminder of an alternative femininity that’s more inclusive and empowering.

Responsive Image

With a database of unique traveling experiences, RV owners no longer have to stay in random parking lots or crowded state parks.

Responsive Image

The incumbent senator may be up in years, but his win against Kennedy proves voters aren’t looking for a youthful candidate — they’re looking for a progressive one.

Responsive Image

When the actress made $2 million in her first week on the platform, she unwittingly harmed the livelihoods of the smaller creators on the subscription service.

Responsive Image

Many people are now relying on social media as their news sources, where misinformation spreads as fast as wildfire.

Responsive Image

Through phone banking, social media and more, you can advocate for the issues that matter the most to you.

Responsive Image

Thinking about your experiences as a narrative instead of as a rigid path will aid you in leading a happier life.

Responsive Image

The Republican National Convention may have been light on national unity, but it did provide plenty of humorous fodder for the internet.

Responsive Image

While Gen Z and the Baby Boomers hash out petty stereotypes, the new generation is faced with a reality defined by screens, social distance and global risk.

Responsive Image

With more people opting for off-campus housing this semester, this list should help those who are making food on their own for the first time.

Responsive Image

Some say that you can manifest good things by attracting ‘positive’ energy. However, the tenets of this argument don’t add up.

Responsive Image

If your studying efforts are not reflected in the grades you received, psychology might hold the keys to your academic success.

Responsive Image

Guilty of participating in the biggest fraud in the history of college admissions, Aunt Becky and her spouse will spend only a few months in jail.

Responsive Image

Ads and social media posts show that women’s fashion is turning away from fatphobia and body stigma.

Responsive Image

Athletes continue to promote social change, seen especially with the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks.

Responsive Image

HBO’s show offers a crystal clear picture of why communities need new ways to resolve conflicts and combat interpersonal violence.

Responsive Image

Using her Instagram, Facebook group and blog, she helps those with the chronic gastrointestinal disorder get through the big and small problems alike.

Responsive Image

‘Is this your king?!’ Yes, he is. The actor may have played King T’Challa in a movie, but his legacy reminds us he was a king in reality.

Responsive Image

Service industry workers on the video-sharing platforms are letting users know which stars are kind and which ones are entitled.

Responsive Image

Usually silent on political issues, the comedian put his family-friendly jokes aside to express his vehement anger toward Donald Trump.

Responsive Image

Backpacking through nature and sleeping in a tent under the stars isn’t for everyone, but it could be your next adventure.

Responsive Image

The guiding principles provide a framework for enjoying the great outdoors without disrupting the natural cycles of the environment.

Responsive Image

The board game has long been known for its dangerous ability to escalate tensions. But rather than avoiding this, maybe it’s the point.

Responsive Image

As a senior looking back on my time, I realized five pieces of advice I would have benefitted from as an incoming freshman.

Responsive Image

Although the 2020 Republican National Convention (RNC) came under unprecedented circumstances, the messaging was consistent: They don’t like Democrats.