News & Politics

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
College /// Thoughts x

Don’t blow your money, make it grow. These stocks could be the key to getting some money after graduation and saving for retirement.

Thoughts x

Geniuses, artists and revolutionaries are never perfect.

Responsive image
Screens /// Thoughts x

Sustainability and fair prices — what’s not to love?

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Curly gals and gents, brace yourselves!

Responsive image
Responsive image

What are the implications of the inner workings and impact of digital media on the current digital landscape?

Responsive image

Your mobile device means that it doesn’t need to be overwhelming.

Responsive image

Some people may still be squeamish, but it’s high time we normalize talking about vaginal health. Here’s a crash course with all the need-to-know info.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re already there or you want to make the big move across the pond, here’s some good places to help you pay the bills.

Responsive Image

A movement is well on the rise.

Responsive Image

With the beginning of October comes changing leaves, cold weather and a desire for dating. So, are you ready to be a couple?

Responsive Image

The long-running reality show’s season finale — which finally looked at some of its problematic issues — was actually good.

Responsive Image

Yeah, PA has a seven step gateway leading to hell.

Responsive Image

Going off to a school somewhere cold? Here are some of the best clothing choices you can make to get through your first below-freezing winter.

Responsive Image

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

Responsive Image

You don’t have to be a fortune teller or psychic to use a deck either.

Responsive Image

I got the chance to separate the reality from the memes. Here’s what I saw.

Responsive Image

Watching episodes of your favorite show back to back is changing the television landscape; it might be harming your enjoyment too.

Responsive Image

From Nike to Adidas and everything in between here’s a guide to this month’s hottest new drops. There’s even a sneaker perfect for Halloween.

Responsive Image

Too many college students are afraid to take the necessary steps to care for their mental health.

Responsive Image

Looking and feeling good on a budget? These YouTubers have got you.

Responsive Image

This female-focused board game has been the center of some serious controversy.

Responsive Image

Don’t worry. You can still travel even if you’re committed to your coursework.

Responsive Image

Whether romanticized or condemned, serial killers are a staple of today’s Americana. But when, and how, did the fascination with society’s most deviant begin?

Responsive Image

Toxic online laughter isn’t much of a joke.

Responsive Image

It’s time to retire the ugly (yet iconic) Fila Disruptor II.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to eat, shop and enjoy the Big Apple without going broke.

Responsive Image

It isn’t necessarily synonymous with healthy.

Responsive Image

We stan popular influencers who take the time to discuss important issues and break taboos.

Responsive Image

‘Oh my God, I couldn’t stand being around all of that estrogen, isn’t it catty?’ No.

Responsive Image

Rehab might seem to be out of reach for many, but that isn’t always the case.

Responsive Image

Amethyst Schaber answers questions and busts myths about autism in their YouTube series.

Responsive Image

The facts aren’t straight, either.

Responsive Image

Three states are legalizing recreational marijuana. However, some cities have pushed back.

Responsive Image

Here’s why you should reconsider the phrase, ‘It’s better than smoking cigarettes.’

Responsive Image

Oakland recently became the second city in the United States to decriminalize the use and possession of the substance.

Responsive Image

As governor, he filed an official report about a UFO he saw. Now, almost 43 years later — to the day — we’re going to see if his suspicions were correct.

Responsive Image

In a time when so many seem embroiled in pessimism, there’s something out there that speaks to hope.

Responsive Image

The phenomena dates back to the 1900s but rising poverty, unemployment and changing social norms threaten this community’s way of life.

Responsive Image

And they’re 100% organic and vegan.

Responsive Image

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

Responsive Image

Women’s mental health has gained awareness over the years, but there’s always room for growth.

Responsive Image

It might seem like a small thing, but once you hit the job market, make sure the break room is a good place to recharge your batteries.

Responsive Image

Not all who wander through the realm of tabletop roleplaying games are lost. In fact, many find themselves along the way. Here’s my story of the ups and downs of playing Dungeons & Dragons.

Responsive Image

It’s not an either/or situation. Be your best self.

Responsive Image

Frost’s relatability and versatility glisten in his podcast.

Responsive Image

Texas staunchly defends its citizens’ Second Amendment rights, but its laws help enable mass shootings.

Responsive Image

Cooling down with a cold beer? You can float but you can’t boat.

Responsive Image

We’ve all seen it in the movies, but how do you actually play?

Responsive Image

How this nonprofit organization uses beatboxing to help kids create music and practice speech therapy

Responsive Image

From scrunchies, friendship bracelets and everything in between.

Responsive Image

Don’t want to dedicate your CPU to bitcoin mining, or sinking your hard-earned cash into a bitcoin investment? Here’s another way to earn some.

Responsive Image

And why are these questions keeping me up at night?

Responsive Image

Look, I’m making all our lives easier.

Responsive Image

Thanks to Michael Scott, things are about to get awkward.

Responsive Image

Bet you hadn’t thought of this.

Responsive Image

It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

Responsive Image

And also a good excuse to travel abroad.

Responsive Image

Streetwear has become mainstream, and that means it’s getting hotter than ever.

Responsive Image

Be cool. Don’t Juul (unless you are 35 and over)

Responsive Image

When you look good, you feel good

Responsive Image

The answer? Nobody really knows. For such a popular self-treatment drug, we know surprisingly little about CBD oil and its effects.

Responsive Image

Having a mental illness is not easy to face alone.

Responsive Image

“It looks as though the beauty community may still need a crash course in inclusivity and kindness.”

Responsive Image

If you’ve ever considered counseling but can’t make the commitment, online therapy provides similar benefits with half the hassle.

Responsive Image

The hit Broadway musical sidesteps a frank portrayal of teenage suicide in favor of a half-baked portrait of teenage mental health.

Responsive Image

These are definitely some of the stranger products from the Cola conglomerate.

Responsive Image

You don’t have to have a team of fashion advisors and stylists if you want to change your look like big-time celebrities.

Responsive Image

History repeats itself — that’s why we should bring the words of the 1920s into the next decade.

Responsive Image

As the only release before the artist’s untimely death, the album still amazes with its virtuosity, diversity and passion

Responsive Image

Even without Spider-Man, Disney’s on track to own the world.

Responsive Image

The more important question … are we ready for it?

Responsive Image

Body positivity is becoming more mainstream and more and more women of different shapes, colors and sizes are being represented in the media — but there is still more work to be done.

Responsive Image

Sometimes, it’s more about the player than the game.

Responsive Image

Personal trainers provide the push you need to better understand how to get strong.

Responsive Image

A little line makes a big difference.

Responsive Image

There are two sides to casting age-inappropriate actors.

Responsive Image

The little Swedish company that could is making a big name for itself.

Responsive Image

Love is dead.

Responsive Image

Deeply personal and utterly dynamic, you won’t have to ‘tryhard’ to like the album.

Responsive Image

The term disabled isn’t a dirty word, so why act like it is by using alternative phrases?

Responsive Image

The Amazon Rainforest is tragically losing 1.5 soccer fields worth of rainforest every single minute to man-made fires.

Responsive Image

Long hair, don’t care.

Responsive Image

We need to take a look at the most prevalent and disturbing cases of unethical behavior by the Coca-Cola corporation.

Responsive Image

Broadway-bound composers and producers should look to the Classics for musical theater inspiration.

Responsive Image

Completing a four album cycle, the new release from the indie folk band is another intriguing chapter in the band’s creative evolution.

Responsive Image

Some tips for the new recruits in need of a job … good luck.

Responsive Image

What do I remember from second grade? Hurricane Wilma.

Responsive Image

When your best friend is also family, you have a different type of closeness with them.

Responsive Image

Sanders’ diagnosis? You need to rethink social media.

Responsive Image

Probably not. It’ll take a lot to clean up Joss Whedon’s mess.

Responsive Image

The famous Indian actress courted controversy for nationalistic and pro-war remarks.

Responsive Image

It might not be exactly what you anticipated.

Responsive Image

Meek Mill’s situation is the reality for a lot of black men in America.

Responsive Image

Women of color have paid an unjust price in the name of gynecological research.

Responsive Image

Here’s the essential guide for a smooth move-in process.

Responsive Image

Bee colonies around the world are suffering collapses — mainly due to human interference. However, all is not lost; there is still time to save the bees.

Responsive Image

A death in my family led to some unexpected findings.

Responsive Image

Megan Thee Stallion’s moniker for summer 2019, “Hot Girl Summer,” illustrates the shifting demography of the rap game to include more women.

Responsive Image

Let’s dive ‘head first’ into his newest release, ‘bright side of the moon.’

Responsive Image

Aaron Sorkin’s adaption of the beloved Harper Lee novel tinkers with conventions of a classic American story.

Responsive Image

You might not realize it, but biphobia and homophobia are wildly different sides of the same coin.

Responsive Image

From a liberal arts school in California to a private Baptist university in Texas, the transition taught me about religion, politics and myself.

Responsive Image

If you’re relaxing by playing at an online casino on your phone, make sure to do your homework and see what kind of welcome bonuses are out there.

Responsive Image

Amidst all the fad diets and seemingly perfect Instagram models, it’s time for some food and body positivity.

Responsive Image

He acts, promotes marijuana, hangs with Willie Nelson, walks into oncoming traffic and is related to an assassin. Oh, and he can rock a beanie.

Responsive Image

Ra Ra Riot has some good ideas and some mediocre songs.

Responsive Image

Andre Ovredal and Guillermo del Toro’s new flick offers nostalgia to some, and some serious scares to all.

Responsive Image

He went viral years ago and he’s still singing his heart out.