News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Despite his smaller following than many, the progressive talk show host has repeatedly proven his skill in the YouTube debate arena.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The progressive political group has found the secret to getting results from powerful people. It isn’t always comfortable, but we’re here for the results.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

It is certainly possible to enjoy the practical and artistic sides of the style without feeding into ego-driven exclusivity.

Thoughts x

Reselling thrifted items for outrages prices is contributing to the gentrification of thrift stores, harming those who rely on cheaper prices.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Wilson is educating her social media followers on the importance of nutrition and the role it plays in mental health.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Everyone is looking for an edge, and that includes what you put into your body.

Responsive image
Responsive image

It’s the same food that the supermarket sells, so why the stigma?

Responsive image

The festival has gone through many iterations, but only some that stay true to Pride’s activist roots. This year, though, it returned to its militant origins.

Responsive image

The platform is everywhere, but there’s a few things it won’t cover. It all depends on your location.

Responsive image

As is the case for many things, going digital can often make for a less personal experience. However, in this case, there are several benefits. 

Responsive Image

As universities plan to return to campus in the fall, it is clear that they have failed to consider the safety and concerns of students who live off campus.

Responsive Image

Making your room into an efficient place to work and an enjoyable place to live can improve your mental health, promote productivity and encourage mindfulness.

Responsive Image

While many people are expressing discomfort with presidential candidate Yeezy’s remarks, others are expressing concern for the artist’s psychological state.

Responsive Image

From bingo to mahjong, there are classic ways to have fun from all around the globe.

Responsive Image

July saw the historic passage of Comet NEOWISE. Even if you missed its dance across the night sky, there are plenty of astrological phenomena to come.

Responsive Image

Knowing how your significant other likes to give and receive affection is the key to good communication and a lasting partnership.

Responsive Image

Though the annual awards ceremony seeks to celebrate television’s best, one look at the nominees suggests it’s really just glorified gatekeeping. Why should media consumers rely on an oppressive institution to deem what is and is not worthy of watching?

Responsive Image

What’s the best way to keep yourself from going online to gamble?

Responsive Image

Many people think of the disorder as a learning disability that makes kids hyper and easily distracted, but it’s much more complicated than that.

Responsive Image

Although it may extract some concessions for the youth, the agenda may compromise more than it ought to.

Responsive Image

Working in customer service can mean angry customers and long hours on your feet, but it can also mean gaining skills that will benefit you for years to come.

Responsive Image

While showrunners and directors may applaud themselves for putting Latinx faces into their films and television shows, not all representation is created equal.

Responsive Image

Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t get creative.

Responsive Image

The popular singers’ recent behavior on social media has fans concerned that she is being manipulated by a controlling conservatorship.

Responsive Image

The award-winning filmmaker has turned to the medium of paint to honor her culture and familial roots.

Responsive Image

Being an aspiring professional photographer is much more than just building a portfolio. Here are some tips on how to learn more about the industry.

Responsive Image

Casinos and gambling operators offer a lot of incentives to get you to play. What do they all mean?

Responsive Image

People who share protagonists’ identities shouldn’t only author books. Their feedback can vastly improve how books represent marginalized groups.

Responsive Image

These days we need to remind ourselves that there will be a future. Get to it. Once you start writing, the words will simply come to you.

Responsive Image

The Olympic gymnast’s recent controversial Vogue cover story has revealed that the magazine has a long way to go to empower Black voices and creators.

Responsive Image

His contributions to the restaurant industry, as well as his philanthropy and activism, make him much more than the usual food celebrity.

Responsive Image

As school nears and students prepare to move into their dorms and apartments, this beverage is replacing the shelves that once contained Keurig pods and paper filters.

Responsive Image

They may be operating differently in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, but they’re still providing many benefits to local communities.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re taking a break from studying or just bored, there’s something for you.

Responsive Image

Over-the-phone and online counseling have gained popularity due to COVID-19, but they have benefits that will outlast social distancing and isolation.

Responsive Image

Don’t let the claims of easy money and flexible schedules suck you in — it’s not uncommon to lose money due to MLMs.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to find inspiration and rekindle the desire to create for any artistic endeavor, whether it’s writing or painting or playing music, after you’ve hit a creative roadblock.

Responsive Image

The artist has highlighted the absurdity of existence in her works since the 1950s, but her message feels more relevant now than ever.

Responsive Image

These accounts are giving the gossip on some of YouTube’s biggest influencers — and playing a not insignificant role in online cancel culture.

Responsive Image

Sometimes you need to take whatever help you can get.

Responsive Image

Learning a new language may seem like an intimidating goal, but the many benefits outweigh the challenges.

Responsive Image

The actor and the former presidential candidate’s responses to COVID-19-era xenophobia echo a long history of the ‘assimilation versus integration’ debate.

Responsive Image

With the rise of youth involvement in protests, many are curious if the increase in political activity will be seen at the ballot box.

Responsive Image

The iconic buffet chain is another victim of the pandemic, but what will we remember about them, and what can we expect from similar restaurants in the future?

Responsive Image

Giving back can take place right from your phone.

Responsive Image

For newly legal adults, it’s important to know how to make your favorite drinks at home. Here are some simple recipes for classic concoctions.

Responsive Image

Netflix, podcasts and books are just a few of the tools you can use to continue learning a new language.

Responsive Image

From compelling female leads to subversive views of sexuality and the body, this list offers terrifying films where the women are in charge.

Responsive Image

Instead of villainizing technology just because it’s trendy, Cal Newport makes a compelling case for satisfaction that runs deeper than pings and pixels.

Responsive Image

I started running because I wanted to get back in shape, but it was my mental health that improved more than anything else.

Responsive Image

The skin whitening cream perpetuates the notion that lighter skin is better than darker skin.

Responsive Image

Everyone has heard of toxic masculinity’s pressure on men to conform. But this trend can be just as damaging to women.

Responsive Image

This new HBO documentary exposes the terrifying vulnerabilities in the American voting system that cannot be ignored in 2020.

Responsive Image

The concept provides an artistic and powerful way to engage in social change by coaxing our imagination to connect us to the voices of the past.

Responsive Image

Searching through the trash is not exactly glamorous, but its many benefits might outweigh the ‘yuck’ factor.

Responsive Image

It’s important to hold people with platforms accountable, but there is a critical difference between shutting them down and educating them.

Responsive Image

Now more than ever, people are calling on brands to step up. The culture magazine took another step in the right direction by having Dario Calmese shoot their cover.

Responsive Image

The pandemic has undoubtedly taken a toll on many people’s psychological well-being. Here’s a way to advocate for someone close to you.

Responsive Image

While minimalism is all the rage, throwing out those ‘unnecessary’ items may be one of your biggest regrets in the long run.

Responsive Image

Having friends of friends has long been presumed to be beneficial, but perhaps it’s more stressful than we’ve been thought.

Responsive Image

Why isn’t the content creator being held to the same standards as everyone else on the platform?

Responsive Image

The YouTuber’s untimely death opens conversations on racial disparities in health care, especially as it relates to maternal mortality.

Responsive Image

Morning, night or afternoon — which is best?

Responsive Image

As a summer counselor, you’ll learn many valuable skills that will prepare you for the real world.

Responsive Image

Believe it or not, the tribe is not made up of werewolves, but is a real-life tribe of human beings.

Responsive Image

It’s not easy, but with help, you can do it.

Responsive Image

Their recent release of offensive products has consumers outraged, but the company’s fast fashion practices and sweatshops hurt much more than feelings.

Responsive Image

America’s LGBTQ+ community should be recognized on the National Mall, alongside other minorities within the country.

Responsive Image

Fighting racism, sexism and injustice, their resilience remained unwavering. These icons’ legacies mark them as trailblazers.

Responsive Image

Whether it’s a rowing machine or a long-term friendship gone toxic, there’s always room to grow, or row, together after being apart.

Responsive Image

Washing your clothes by hand may be the solution to preserving your garments and saving the environment.

Responsive Image

Traditional religious clothing marks brown people as targets of discrimination. Meanwhile, companies and celebrities rebrand these styles as chic and trendy.

Responsive Image

Dungeons and Dragons is now more popular than ever, but does the game provide a safe space for all its players?

Responsive Image

For some, figuring out how to tell the world who they are is a wonderful, liberating step, but it may not be the right choice for all.

Responsive Image

The philosopher’s theories of the ‘studium’ and the ‘punctum’ explains why we prefer certain creative works over others.

Responsive Image

From a robotic dog to a miniature WALL-E lookalike, these cute devices will keep you company while you’re getting your work done.

Responsive Image

You’ve seen the shows, now check out the slots.

Responsive Image

We’ve known about the gendered difference in pay for decades, but little has been fixed. With a new work environment ahead, now is the time to make changes.

Responsive Image

Content producers are suffering from overwork, stress and exhaustion as they attempt to satisfy audiences and algorithms quickly and successfully.

Responsive Image

Whether it’s the International Day of Non-Violence (Oct. 2) or National Doughnut Day (June 4), who’s to say that you can’t choose to make the time special?

Responsive Image

Khalil Gibran Muhammad’s exploration of African Americans during the Progressive Era unveils the prejudice behind evidence of Black criminality.

Responsive Image

The trend ravaging TikTok can trace its ancestry to another sexist archetype — and both are the result of internalized misogyny.

Responsive Image

The new decade is seeing more and more games getting played on the internet.

Responsive Image

The policy elicited its fair share of outrage, and although the policy may have been withdrawn, calls to have the controversial law enforcement agency abolished are on the rise.

Responsive Image

The Capital Hill Occupied Protest has been a recent source of controversy, but one college student’s experiences paint a picture of peace and community.

Responsive Image

By focusing on fullness and hunger, college students can transform their overall health by simply listening to their body.

Responsive Image

You don’t need a yard to start gardening. You can easily grow fresh, healthy produce from your counters or windows.

Responsive Image

Documentaries like Netflix’s ‘Have a Good Trip’ and ’Neurons to Nirvana’ show that at a time when the world is dangerously divided, the use of hallucinogens could help fill the void between us.

Responsive Image

Online mobilization might not have the same impact as making a donation or participating in protests, but it is still an important tool for political change.

Responsive Image

Cryptic terms and complicated processes can obscure how power is actually exercised in this country, and make politics inaccessible to the public.

Responsive Image

With Election Day only being a few months away, Kanye West is extremely late in announcing his intentions to be a part of the 2020 presidential race.

Responsive Image

As people scroll through Instagram and Twitter during lockdown, they are forced to confront images from injustices around the world.

Responsive Image

Anyone attempting to learn without guidance should be aware of the roadblocks that come with simply watching informative videos without actively engaging.

Responsive Image

Adulthood is rife with people who no longer believe that they can ‘do art.’ But these different approaches might convince people to let go of their fears.

Responsive Image

Galvanized by the social media successes of Black Lives Matter, students have taken to the platform to breathe new life into the #MeToo movement after a standstill.

Responsive Image

COVID-19 delivers a harsh blow to the popular restaurant and entertainment center, but is it the only reason for the establishment’s failure?

Responsive Image

Step aside, ramen and mac and cheese nights. With the help of these six online resources, be prepared to become the favorite housemate.

Responsive Image

It’s not thought about by too many people, but for those with the condition, something as simple as using a public restroom can be a huge obstacle.

Responsive Image

Setting exercise goals is great for getting in shape and improving athletic ability — but when taken too far, these innocent attempts to tone up can turn into unhealthy obsessions.

Responsive Image

Our nation’s capital becoming a state is about more than just achieving equal representation in Congress; it’s also about attaining racial equity.

Responsive Image

New evidence suggests that the pandemic has accelerated overdoses and made even casual drug use into a bigger problem.

Responsive Image

These lessons don’t just apply to playing sports, but to life in general.

Responsive Image

Environmental factors have caused many changes to everyday life, one being how we use the restroom. Is switching out disposable bathroom tissue the right step or just absurd?

Responsive Image

Quarantine and social distancing have prevented travelers like me from going far. When the world re-opens, check out these distinct places to visit first.

Responsive Image

COVID-19 might affect the collection of U.S. population data, but the count suffers more because some communities are continually overlooked.

Responsive Image

In excising valuable allies, online progressives may be building walls instead of building winning movements.

Responsive Image

The allegations of sexual misconduct against the popular comedian brings up the question yet again: What makes standup such a toxic space?

Responsive Image

Let your stream of consciousness fill the page — you’ll feel calmer, and you’ll get a better understanding of yourself in the process.

Responsive Image

In her book ‘Sweet Remedies,’ herbalist and apothecary Dawn Combs spills the beans on honey-based drinks and confectionery.

Responsive Image

It’s not always a bad thing.

Responsive Image

What to do when you’ve spent your life trying to escape your hometown in suburban New Jersey for New York City, only to get whisked back because of the pandemic.

Responsive Image

From saving money to saving the planet, there are lots of good reasons to get rid of air conditioners. Here’s why Americans never will.