News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
Thoughts x

The organization treats autistic people as ‘problems’ to be fixed instead of actually listening to their voices.

Thoughts x

What’s more fun than hitting the road with your friends and getting in touch with nature? Just make sure to plan everything out, or your journey will quickly come to an end.

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Children are socialized with assumptions about gender. How should you respond to their unknowingly insensitive questions?

Responsive image
Thoughts x

Darker people of color have long been ignored by makeup companies. But if those brands can make brown eyeshadows, they can make brown foundations.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Instead of yearning for big city life, young people are finding an escape by imagining a more pastoral, idyllic lifestyle.

Responsive image

Forget finding the perfect brand — if you know what’s inside what you buy and what it does, you’ll be a lot better off.

Responsive image

From professional wrestling to laundromats, the things that stay open show what we didn’t realize we needed — and, occasionally, our possibly weird priorities.

Responsive image

It’s perfectly normal to feel confused as you fully enter adulthood. This book by Dr. Meg Jay shows some ways to attain clarity and direction.

Responsive Image

Celebrities like the Kardashians and companies like H&M are praised for the styles that black people are derided for, then profit off of the publicity caused by the anger.

Responsive Image

No matter what the situation, there are always ways to take something from life and turn it into art.

Responsive Image

Clean lines, soft pink and green plants: From interior design to advertising, the style has permeated our culture.

Responsive Image

Going to the nail salon isn’t always an option, but with press-on nails, you can give yourself an instant, beautiful manicure from home.

Responsive Image

Blackjack players can tip the odds a little more in their favor when they master the art of card counting. Here are some essential tips on how to start the process.

Responsive Image

We could all use a refresher course, seeing as so many of us are still physically apart because of social distancing measures.

Responsive Image

It’s important to take care of yourself while you’re social distancing.

Responsive Image

Wanting too much has been linked to problems with depression, anxiety and relationships. Is going minimal the answer?

Responsive Image

The South has a long and divisive history with the rest of the country, and it doesn’t look like it’s ending any time soon.

Responsive Image

Everything from just making sounds to the actual process of practicing can be life-changing.

Responsive Image

A few jewelry companies allow you to be conscious of the environment and working conditions when purchasing new accessories.

Responsive Image

If you’re considering getting fish but don’t know where to start, these tips may be helpful.

Responsive Image

Do you find it challenging to stay positive during the quarantine? Learn helpful tips on how to stay positive despite the coronavirus news and how to keep your physical health. 

Responsive Image

Looking to gamble online? Here’s a way to get some extra money before you even start.

Responsive Image

Two doctors came under intense criticism after suggesting using African nations as testing grounds for a COVID-19 vaccine, prompting the hashtag #AfricansAreNotLabRats

Responsive Image

A naked glimpse of Veracruz during the pandemic.

Responsive Image

The transition to adulthood doesn’t have to be a chore. It’s all about embracing the journey and being open to possibility.

Responsive Image

The Chronus Art Center has created a digital art exhibition that feels remarkably prescient.

Responsive Image

There’s some science to why so many people are compelled to play.

Responsive Image

What is usually an exclusionary tactic is bringing gamers together in their attempt to stop the commercialization and death of their culture.

Responsive Image

Regardless of your skill level or how in shape you are, there’s a few ways to exercise your body while under lockdown.

Responsive Image

Society is redefining what it means to be masculine and feminine. What does that mean for a culture rooted in gender roles?

Responsive Image

Beyond the relatable memes and personalized natal charts, this practice has in-depth explanations for all your questions on the coronavirus.

Responsive Image

Hobbies and learning new skills are great, but make sure that you reconnect with yourself during this time.

Responsive Image

The generation gets labeled a lot of things, but ‘investor’ isn’t typically one of them. Here’s why it’s increasingly becoming the case.

Responsive Image

Musical theater isn’t just catchy songs and flashy dance numbers. Many shows have poignant messages about mental health, suicide, LGBTQ+ issues and more.

Responsive Image

Finding your personal style is difficult enough within the confines of traditional masculine and feminine binaries — it’s even harder when trying out a more genderless style.

Responsive Image

Many college students have gone home because of the coronavirus, but happens when ‘home’ is a place of abuse?

Responsive Image

There are hundreds of new coronavirus cases every day across the United States, and while those numbers are soaring, so are firearm sales.

Responsive Image

The reaction to the debate between the anti-PC psychologist and the Slovenian Marxist shows that it’s easy to surrender thought to public intellectuals.

Responsive Image

It’s important to the future of this planet, but it’s not an investment that everyone can make. How can we change this?

Responsive Image

All over Instagram, white women are making themselves distinctly less white-looking in the latest movement of stealing from black women.

Responsive Image

Looking for the best ways to attract students to your online platform? Look here to find the most effective tips on how to convert student traffic.

Responsive Image

Feeling stressed? Cook and bake your way out of anxiety. Treat yourself to home-cooked food.

Responsive Image

Even if you can’t go out to get pampered, you can still unwind at home with these self-care purchases.

Responsive Image

There’s a chick shaped marshmallow for everyone, with flavors ranging from Froot Loops to pancakes to chocolate pudding.

Responsive Image

There’s a biological reason for why we don’t like to work out, but there are also many long term and harmful consequences.

Responsive Image

Pole dancing is becoming widely accepted for parties and fitness, but stripping remains vilified. So, what’s the difference?

Responsive Image

They’re the basis for our schedules, physical wellbeing and more. Without this knowledge, our lives would be completely different.

Responsive Image

The dating reality series exaggerates the recent resurgence of dating with just marriage in mind — and shows why the mindset is rarely successful. 

Responsive Image

Many are headed back home because of the coronavirus, but what about those who have to leave the United States to get back to their families?

Responsive Image

In a public health crisis where everyone needs to do their part, some are on the frontlines putting their lives on the line.

Responsive Image

Want to be your own boss? It won’t be effortless, but with some planning and some smarts, you can do it.

Responsive Image

After hashtags like #FreeThePimple emerged, is skin positivity getting the necessary and long-awaited attention it deserves?

Responsive Image

There’s plenty to do in the Indian subcontinent.

Responsive Image

The innovative CEO has seemingly taken his values to new heights.

Responsive Image

It got so bad that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex decided to leave their royal duties behind and move to another country.

Responsive Image

You don’t need to go to Las Vegas to hang out at the casino with your friends.

Responsive Image

Asian American women deal with pressure from all levels on body image.

Responsive Image

A devastating pandemic just like COVID-19 has been predicted on multiple occasions, but the proper precautions were not put in place.

Responsive Image

Most of us are guilty of abandoning our workouts and fitness routines after a few weeks. But what if there was a financial incentive?

Responsive Image

One of the eight branches of yoga, this practice of breath control is the perfect way to stave off anxiety in a hectic world.

Responsive Image

The fashion staple has been around for ages, but with current trends opting for looser styles, they are on their way out — for the moment.

Responsive Image

Don’t worry about the end result — at the end of the day, it’ll make you feel good.

Responsive Image

Right now, we’re all facing challenges and having to adapt as the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread.

Responsive Image

Whether it’s One Direction or ‘Twilight,’ things enjoyed by young women aren’t taken as seriously.

Responsive Image

The phrase has gone from a term to call out prejudice to overused internet slang that has lost all meaning. There are so many better words.

Responsive Image

Here’s how to use everyday items to fulfill your creative impulses — because even the most mundane household objects can be used to create something extraordinary.

Responsive Image

In a time where climate change is pressing our generation, should universities get rid of their investments in oil, gas and coal?

Responsive Image

If you’re stuck inside with extra time on your hands, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the pressure to be productive.

Responsive Image

The conversation around women business owners might mean more obstacles for them than their male counterparts.

Responsive Image

Those that grew up outside of their parents’ homelands are a driving force in the global village.

Responsive Image

We have seen countless iterations of the iconic Mattel toy over the years. Is this version just bringing in adult worries into kids’ playtime?

Responsive Image

In the age of technology it’s never been easier to stay informed — and burnt out.

Responsive Image

It’s such a nebulous category, and has a host of problems — including how it can often reinforce the gender binary.

Responsive Image

Maybe you’ve been wanting to pick up a new hobby or finally start that book. Now is the perfect time.

Responsive Image

Your body won’t always look ‘perfect’ and that’s okay.

Responsive Image

Wondering what you should do for a living? Here’s an interesting career choice for you.

Responsive Image

Due to the coronavirus, many events have been pushed out of the news cycle. Here are a few headlines that have flown under the radar.

Responsive Image

Just from the name, you can probably guess that it’s found in cannabis. How does it actually do its thing, though?

Responsive Image

What makes the ‘Cool Girl’ cool? Is it her appeal and convenience to men?

Responsive Image

You want to stand out, but you don’t want to spend too much.

Responsive Image

Tired of your hair? Looking to switch up your look? Want to avoid making a huge mess? There might just be a solution that is quick, easy and clean.

Responsive Image

Tumblr’s toxic, overly inclusive environment might be embarrassing in hindsight, but it was a pioneer for safe spaces for LGBT+ people on the internet.

Responsive Image

Drawing parallels from the AIDS/HIV crisis, the U.S. government should be held accountable and push past stigmas and prejudices in order to stop the pandemic.

Responsive Image

In this economy, is a pricey breakfast now and then the difference between owning a home and not? Some people seem to think so.

Responsive Image

Remember to do your homework on where you want to play.

Responsive Image

What can we expect in the coming years?

Responsive Image

It’s not just gymnasts that need to be resilient.

Responsive Image

These women are making the world a more inclusive and accessible place, one post at a time.

Responsive Image

Want the human aspect of casinos, but don’t want to leave your couch? Here’s something for you.

Responsive Image

How does this idea manifest itself in TV and film?

Responsive Image

Sometimes you have to spend to save.

Responsive Image

Just because you’re broke doesn’t mean you can’t have fun.

Responsive Image

In this day and age, the phrase ‘I’ll sleep when I’m dead’ takes on a new, darker meaning.

Responsive Image

Should you spend the money on a long-term subscription or stick to those free trials?

Responsive Image

Who’s on your list?

Responsive Image

Is it the way for easy, at-home hair coloring, or will you just end up disappointed?

Responsive Image

They say it’s not good to keep it bottled up, but is letting it out doing more harm than good?

Responsive Image

If you approach music like a science, it will be much easier to improve your musical abilities.

Responsive Image

This new label has emerged from Instagram feeds and blogs, providing yet another impossible ideal for women to attain.

Responsive Image

It can be painful, but it’s also incredibly fulfilling.

Responsive Image

Local, alternate forms of cash can help bring communities together in the face of economic disparity.

Responsive Image

It’s moved beyond the clubs and into dance and exercise studios.

Responsive Image

We all have to begin somewhere.

Responsive Image

The photo editing app can touch up appearances on Instagram and Snapchat, but is it negatively affecting young people’s self-worth?

Responsive Image

While many communities are celebrating mental health awareness, it still faces a large stigma in the black community thanks to centuries of racism.

Responsive Image

Some of them might surprise you.

Responsive Image

Accountability isn’t a witch hunt.

Responsive Image

Even after several decades, the Japanese company’s characters still have a widespread appeal.

Responsive Image

No need to stress out about your time off. Take a deep breath and plan the perfect vacation to suit your needs.

Responsive Image

Owning an automobile is certainly convenient, but is it worth the cost?