The Magazine

Responsive image
Culture x

Celebrating the groundbreaking work of the poet and musician Gil Scott-Heron, whose writing changed the world forever.  

Responsive image
Culture x

With red quinoa, cilantro and red onion in the mix, you’ll never guess you’re eating healthy when you dive into this veggie collaboration.  

Responsive image
Students x

Artist McKenzie Cunningham uses non-representational forms and untraditional vehicles to flesh out her wild artistic vision.  

Culture /// Music x

One year after the release of ‘American Dream,’ Khalid’s influence has changed his adopted hometown. 

Students x

The Muslim-American activist who created the Hijab Project has returned to the national spotlight with a new mission: fighting an Obama-era program called CVE.

Culture x

As a gay man, passing as straight can be a humbling, invalidating and maddening reality check that can sometimes feel like a relief. 

Students x

Chávez has used the platform as an opportunity to focus on making the 140-year-old school more inclusive, but it hasn’t been easy. 

The Magazine

Culture /// Music x

Let’s map out how exactly the genre of emo rap came to be.

Responsive image
Students x

A soon-to-be-published illustrator and social media influencer, Monique ‘Momo’ Le has taken to online platforms to discuss representation.

Responsive image
Culture x

Responsive image

Responsive image
Responsive image
Students x

Responsive image
Culture /// Music x

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive image
Culture x

Responsive image
Students x

Culture x

With their interactive opportunities and pictureperfect moments, pop-up museums have become more than a trend for millennials 

Responsive image
Responsive image
Students x

A conversation with Iman Siddiqi, the UC, Irvine, student behind the first student-funded refugee scholarship in the country.

Students x

“Vagina Monologues” co-director and sorority sister Briana Grogan is part of a new wave of intersectional empowerment.

Responsive image
Responsive image
Students x

Inspired by a personal experience, Danya Sherman created KnoNap to help detect and prevent drug-facilitated sexual assault.

College /// Culture x

Words by Elise Bortz, New York University.

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// Culture x

The Parkland shooting survivors’ activism is just the latest in a long, proud tradition of student protest in the U.S.