News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indian army has systematically carried out the disappearances of over eight thousand Kashmiris. Where are the bodies?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Women make up nearly 50.8 percent of the population, yet they only account for 19.6 percent of the U.S. Congress. What gives?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an eery parallel to the 1940s internment camps of Japanese Americans, hundreds of legal Cambodian-Americans citizens are being held without reason.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Considering the number of injuries to team passers this season, is it just ‘bad luck’ or is it becoming tougher to protect quarterbacks in today’s NFL?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You both love dogs, eating ice cream and watching Game of Thrones. It’s all wonderful, but what about when the dating turns to politics?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A surprising wave of Democrats inundated Virginia politics, and many think Trump is the reason why.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A new study has found that gamers outperform non-gamers in attention tests, so go ahead, log back on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Why we should all be terrified of the rise of the European far right.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The origin of the hashtag that sparked a social media uprising.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Here are just a few light talking points for family dinners during the holiday season!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

This week’s local elections show a changing face for our legislators.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The brand is back, but one question remains: Is it still the same as before?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Is living in a political bubble beneficial?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

New health care policies made by the Trump administration are going into effect soon, which means it’s time to stand up for women’s rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, in which his history of unchecked sexual harassment became public, isn’t groundbreaking.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With tensions running high between the mass media and political actors, one question remains highly contested: Should media outlets give equal time to all sides of a story?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s hard to have a conversation with those that have opposing views. Here’s how you can fix that.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Struggling to find the perfect political commentary? Piker has your daily dose of news and politics while serving up looks you can’t resist.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The new Higher Education Access and Success for Homeless and Foster Youth Act, if passed, marks a significant step toward leveling the educational playing field for disadvantaged students.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

UW-Madison student activist Katherine Kerwin has a bone to pick with pro-gun legislation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Is Trump going too far to repeal and replace reforms under Obama’s administration? Or is he trying to make his own legacy as an American President?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Every time the words “mass murder” are spoken, the plight and genocide of millions of Native Americans continue to be forgotten.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Men who are willing to speak up can help the fight against sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

This decision will impact American politics, regardless of the outcome.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

What are the repercussions when schools cancel honors classes?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Bump stocks are more crucial to this debate than you may think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

American society runs on democracy and it’s important; but as a college student, are you using your democratic rights?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A look into Ta-Nehisi Coates’ article, “The Case for Reparations” and why reparations should be in the minds of all Americans.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As the first Korean drama to be remade for American television, the show proves that a series can be bigger than its entertainment value.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As you might imagine, the debate is about much more than language.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sometimes, health has nothing to do with whether you should get help.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With tracking devices, helmet cams and improved camera mobility, bungled calls may soon be a thing of the past.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Preparation is the key to survival when a tragic moment occurs at a music event.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Creator of ‘Hamilton’ Lin-Manuel Miranda has put together a massive effort to rally Puerto Rican celebrities and send aid to the devastated island.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Identifying terrorism by its correct name is the first step in combatting the crime itself.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Puerto Rico is suffering from a severe hurricane that hit weeks ago, though President Trump’s delayed response suggests otherwise.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Seventeen older adults commit suicide every day for one hidden reason: The ignorance towards elders with mental illnesses.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The revisions of Title IX by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos leave many campuses anxious about the future of sexual assault.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With insurance costs on the rise, it’s time to bring universal health coverage into the ongoing conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Donald Trump and the “Big Six” are already hitting some major tax reform roadblocks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the industries that Amazon has eaten, grocery shopping may prove the toughest to swallow.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmys has deeper implications than its face value.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

What Zadie Smith’s ‘White Teeth’ can teach us about tolerance and terrorism.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Under the recently passed Forever GI Bill, combat veterans will receive expanded access to higher education, which benefits them and the country they served.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

After war erupted as Yemeni native Nada Al-Thawr was leaving her country, the Mount Holyoke student has begun an aggressive campaign to bring her country’s plight to the attention of anyone who will listen.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Going forward, schools need to better execute sexual harassment investigations as well as investigate as independently and thoroughly as possible.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the topics Trump could have discussed on social media, he chose to focus on athletes who refused to stand for the American flag.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If it’s still hard for you to wrap your head around last year’s election, Clinton’s personal account may help you come to terms.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You gotta understand, bro, that going commando will make you feel in command, yo!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How to have faith in the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate over which organizations are trustworthy and why we need to lend a helping hand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Racial issues can’t be solved if people don’t understand them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hurricane situations can be scary, but also a bit odd.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reversing DACA means exposing 800,000 young people to deportation, and the president himself may not fully understand the extent of his act

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their decision to directly reflect reality, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have broached any entirely new level of terror.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The latest entry in Sega’s classic franchise handed development over to the fans, and the results are convincing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

One side wants to murder everyone; the other wants to stop them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Trump carefully crafted his public image from businessman to leader of the free world, and turned it into a nationally recognizable brand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Understanding the history of Confederacy monuments as well as legal roadblocks in their removal is essential, no matter where you fall on the issue.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As DeVos and the Trump administration reexamine the threshold of evidence needed to prove sexual assault, their critics point to the statistics surrounding false allegations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Senate Bill 4 comes into law, its similarities to another infamously racist piece of legislation are hard to ignore. Will it meet the same fate as the 1850 ‘Bloodhound Law’?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After every other host city dropped out, the IOC just narrowly avoided having to cancel the Olympics.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now that several media companies have plans to launch their own streaming services, cable is beginning to look a lot more attractive.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sponsored x

Trump’s executive orders have covered policies in national security, infrastructure, healthcare, and trade, so it makes sense that up next on the chopping block is fiscal policy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With the arrival of the web retailer’s on-campus locations, the company is taking another giant step in disrupting traditional commerce.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Does the show live up to the hype of previous Marvel Netflix series?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two days after visiting Holocaust sites in Europe, I couldn’t help but worry as I followed the breaking news about the Charlottesville protests.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The internet isn’t trying to steal your boyfriend.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

By sending fifteen new songs to Adult Swim, legendary underground rapper MF DOOM has ended his three-year musical hiatus.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The indie production company made famous by ‘Moonlight’ has become a safe haven for cutting-edge flicks and new-age marketing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary, society still treats rape allegations with skepticism. Why?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Physically following someone has become unnecessary.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Based on the 1954 teleplay ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ the feminist reinterpretation asks critical questions about how much race and gender relations have really changed in the last half-century.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The influential, spiritual and ultimately suicidal founder of Pro Era will have an album of his unfinished work posthumously released on the five-year anniversary of his death, an event that remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s all fun and games until Trump goes too far.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hot new health fad, which calls for abstaining from food for long periods and then gorging yourself briefly, is almost brutal in its simplicity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The MassArt student and founder of the Green Arts Network brings Boston-area artists together to spur conservation-oriented change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

When Peter Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who popularized the challenge, filmed himself being doused in ice water, he had no idea the impact the video would have.

By

Responsive image
College /// Students x

This list is to make sure you don’t suffer from the nightmare of preparing to move from your dorm room to your new apartment.

Students x

From San Antonio to California, the twenty-one-year-old Matthew Baiza is taking it upon himself to create change wherever he goes.

Responsive image
College /// Students x

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and for this University of Michigan sophomore, it came from nature and a premature college injury.

Responsive image
Students x

Minnesotan track stars and boyfriends Brad Neumann and Justin Rabon have recently made headlines for being just that.

Responsive image
Responsive image

The challenges of being a non-traditional student can be daunting, but Nicole Spillane has ironed out the wrinkles.

Responsive image

Graphic designer and visual artist Victoria Escobar, a student at Maryland Institute College of Art, steeps her work in anthropology, sometimes verging on the macabre.

Responsive image

After a medical scare in high school revealed how acutely academic performance depends on health, UCSD’s Samantha Madala started the Healthy Scholars Foundation to ensure less-fortunate students had the same chance she did.

Responsive image

As only a sophomore, SCAD student and Industrial Design major Ryleigh Tyson is already making history in the male-dominated world of collegiate fishing.

Responsive Image

Self-taught producer and YouTube savant Andrew Chellman has brought a decidedly futuristic sound to Carnegie Mellon.

Responsive Image

Bowling prodigy and McKendree University student Breanna Clemmer aims to lead her school’s four-year-old team to its second national championship.

Responsive Image

After witnessing the impact of her late sister’s organ donation, Chi Omega member Sara Miller has become a passionate advocate for educating and registering student donors.

Responsive Image

The Point Park University student has been making a difference in the lives of children as an intern at the very foundation that made her dreams come true.

Responsive Image

Columbia’s Anisa Tavangar, an Art History major and Editor-in-Chief of “Hoot Magazine,” has an ambitious vision for the fashion industry.

Responsive Image

Through her filmmaking, art and political activism, UC Berkeley’s Rebecca Dharmapalan is working to spread the unsettling truth about sex trafficking.

Responsive Image

Southern Methodist University’s student body president David Shirzad talks about not having enough hours in the day and cooking mac and cheese.

Responsive Image

Bennington College student Asad J. Malik, also known by his alias 1RIC, seeks to bring the gruesome reality of war to the forefront with his latest project “Holograms from Syria.”

Responsive Image

When you think of the pork industry you probably don’t think of piglet safety, but Matthew Rooda does.

Responsive Image

Brown University student Sebastián Otero Oliveras, an ethnomusicology major, is igniting social change one track at a time.

Responsive Image

You may be new to the journaling scene, but you are not alone in this adventure.

Responsive Image

Stanford junior Madeline Lisaius’ research combines language, forests and culture as she explores remote areas of the Ecuadorian Amazon.

Responsive Image

A previous Society of Women Engineers president and student member of the Washington State University Board of Regents, Alyssa Norris is an extraordinary student who is having a profound impact on the field of engineering.

Responsive Image

Kyle Pandiscio of University of Massachusetts’ Isenberg School of Management is making a difference with his striking message to raise awareness about distracted driving.

Responsive Image

University of Hartford student Mikaela Nelson custom-makes dolls with amputations and burn wounds for children who have undergone intensive medical procedures.

Responsive Image

As a Dreamer, the young writer and director hopes to tell universal stories that allow people to see how we’re not so different after all.

Responsive Image

Organizing the show was just the beginning of Mercell Enayat’s mission to promote diversity on campus.

Responsive Image

University of Wisconsin-Madison student Eneale Pickett is fighting systemic oppression one shirt at a time.

Responsive Image

Iowa State University’s Leah Beman has a tireless journey to bring awareness to mental health.

Responsive Image

In addition to playing alongside greats like Kenny G, Gatus, who himself survived leukemia, donates his profits and plays in hospitals throughout Southern California.

Responsive Image

This Boston College student has a passion for employment law, fighting discrimination and teaching students about government.

Responsive Image

Lewis, founder of the summer camp Operation Summer Exposure, enables young black men to grow through exploring the great outdoors.

Responsive Image

A student at the infamously secular Sarah Lawrence College, J.J. Warren, a gay man and aspiring Methodist pastor, is attempting to reconcile his sexuality to his faith and his faith to the world.

Responsive Image

Texas Woman’s University’s student body president Kristopher Johnson talks about being named TWU’s Emerging Leader of the Year and his secret talent.

Responsive Image

University of Texas student Imran Rizvi, a Biochemistry major on the pre-med track, is bringing his eye for design to the medical field.

Responsive Image

After finding viral fame with their video game ‘Tampon Run,’ students Sophie Houser and Andy Gonzales hope to propel an important shift in the dialogue surrounding menstruation and women in tech.

Responsive Image

Composed of five jazz enthusiasts at Shenandoah University, the Virginia band comes alive onstage with energetic, improvisational brilliance.

Responsive Image

From an introductory science class at her community college to award-winning research on bio disinfectants, the University of Houston’s Reavelyn Pray has success under the microscope.

Responsive Image

After interning with several different non-profits, Rhajaa Wright took all her experience into account and decided to devote herself to teaching.

Responsive Image

Minneapolis College of Art and Design student Kestrel Hendrickson claims Miyazaki as an influence, and channels his profound, yet approachable style.

Responsive Image

Nic Carniglia, a water polo player and Business major at UC Berkeley, is hoping Cal’s recent championship will keep his Olympic hopes afloat.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

As the founder or co-founder of three separate activist organizations, UConn student and Pi Beta Phi sister Christine Savino takes social justice to a new level.

Responsive Image

Contributing photographer for the Local Wolves and Lithium magazines, Fletcher is optimizing her career path through connecting with people.

Responsive Image

After launching his web design business in high school, this Swiss entrepreneur wants to help other student entrepreneurs succeed.

Responsive Image

As an Amazon Best-Selling Author, Iowa State’s Sabah Ali advocates getting an early start on networking and entrepreneurship.

Responsive Image

This virtual reality program could make medical students more prepared when entering their first operating room.

Responsive Image

This university student is mixing her passion of business with photography.

Responsive Image

This Baylor University student is cleaning up her town one house at a time with her startup company, The Mop Mob LLC.

Responsive Image

Nia-Renee Cooper was inspired by her grandfather’s fight with dementia to study neuropharmacology and behavioral intervention.

Responsive Image

It isn’t every day that a student makes a major scientific discovery.

Responsive Image

Lilley, who won a national competition this summer in Switzerland with his quartet Saffer, has a ten-year plan to get his doctorate of musical arts.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The first student to pursue a dual degree from two prestigious institutions also has a virtual reality music video titled ‘I Like.’

Responsive Image

This girl would totally kill it on ‘Chopped.’

Responsive Image

What started off as an after-school hobby turned into an empire for Alexandra Hehlen, who is working to change the fashion industry as we know it.

Responsive Image

Mallori Bjerke, Boise State University student, has shown that being involved in multiple activities can help you to become a well-rounded student.

Responsive Image

With Taco Bell harboring 32 percent of her blood content, Emma Lee Fischer captures the energy of concerts and the vibrant stories of the artists she photographs with her Canon 6D.

Responsive Image

This is the story of how Johnson became a successful student—and there’s more to come from her.

Responsive Image

Try to guess what famous pizza chain inspired her.

Responsive Image

This UTA student proves that childhood hobbies do not have to stay in the past, but can become a relevant part of one’s future.

Responsive Image

This Emerson senior and rapper has worked tirelessly to meet his aspirations and produce something gorgeous.

Responsive Image

When a young local drowned in the ocean, the people of Corn Island never went near the ocean and most of them didn’t know how to swim, but Chapman University student had a solution for them.

Responsive Image

The sophomore is now looking to give back to the organization that changed her life: the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project.

Responsive Image

Cornell University’s Caitlin Stanton is a force in the coding world who founded her own coding hackathon and program.

Responsive Image

Stanford senior Sandro Luna promotes nutrition among college students through Judo.

Responsive Image

Boost Linguistics, co-founded by Ethan Bresnahan, seeks to optimize human communication to prevent misinterpretation.

Responsive Image

Anna Agosta writes, sings and performs her own music hoping to make it big in her city of Chicago.

Responsive Image

With the support from the Prince of Saudi Arabia, this college athlete’s dreams might not be that far-fetched.

Responsive Image

After writing two books before the age of twenty, Sherron Stevens has also founded multiple businesses, including his latest venture, Bondfire Grill.

Responsive Image

Gus Barber, a University of Alaska Anchorage medical student, found a passion in rock climbing and hasn’t looked down since.

Responsive Image

How a college student quickly became an entrepreneur while simultaneously encouraging environmentalism and preservation.

Responsive Image

The Rayka team has developed the world’s first study abroad app where you can tailor your experience overseas based on student reviews.

Responsive Image

Olympic medalist Jackie Galloway spends her mornings practicing taekwondo and her afternoons in an engineering lab.

Responsive Image

Emily Ratté spent the summer interning at Global Zero, and hopes to continue to work on nuclear disarmament and improved relations between East Asia and the United States.

Responsive Image

UC Berkeley’s Adiba Khan has spearheaded a bill that would require California public colleges to provide on-campus access to medical pill abortions, but funding the measure has proved challenging.

Responsive Image

Despite being elected vice president of governmental affairs for Western Washington’s student government, Ana Ramirez, an undocumented immigrant and sophomore at the school, might be forced to step down from her position to avoid legal issues.

Responsive Image

With her Wordcradle software, Gamma Phi Beta sister Sharon Chen literally wrote the website on book-creation.

Responsive Image

After being inspired by the viral #BlackMenOfYale photo, the University of Cambridge’s Dami Adebayo recreated the iconic image to call attention to the lack of diversity at top-tier universities. And according to Adebayo, American colleges might have the answer.

Responsive Image

The University of Dallas’ student body president, Karmina Martinez Ruiz, reflects on being one of eleven children and the writing of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Responsive Image

Mothpuppy, a five-piece student band from Baltimore, takes full advantage of lead singer Morgan Murphy’s dense lyricism and fluttering falsetto.

Responsive Image

A lifelong fashion designer, Marist College’s Dylan Skinner is adjusting to the release of her second clothing line, Sticks & Stones, a casual departure from her formal background.

Responsive Image

Penn’s David Ongchoco, the founder of YouthHack, an organization that exposes young people in developing countries to tech opportunities, is paying forward the altruistic entrepreneurship that helped him.

Responsive Image

Wanbli Gamache, a student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, creates immersive spaces that aestheticize digital decay.

Responsive Image

From small-town Madagascar girl to successful singer, Viannason has high hopes for her energetic dancehall sound.

Responsive Image

Even though she’s just starting college, Sulahain has already worked a job that many graduates would be lucky to land.

Responsive Image

The self-designated ‘mom’ of her friend group, Nina Barnett created an app to make sure her friends are safe.

Responsive Image

Despite being undersized for a volleyball player, the University of Hawaii athlete is talented enough to play both indoor volleyball for his school and beach volleyball professionally.

Responsive Image

Hendricks, the co-founder of Sky Footwear, created the one-for-one sock company to provide the homeless with their most-requested item, as well as provide customers with an eye-catching accessory.

Responsive Image

After discovering that millions of people live with untreated respiratory diseases because detecting them is too expensive, Maya Varma created a spirometer cheap enough to be universally accessible.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

After being chosen as the first-ever recipient of a scholarship from Miranda Lambert, Vaus has begun racking up accolades as both a songwriter and performer.

Responsive Image

Perez is reaching a whole new branch of eSports enthusiasts with her outspoken personality and rousing commentary.

Responsive Image

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln student has already made state history as a two-time national pageant qualifier, in addition to being the first black title holder for both competitions.

Responsive Image

By using mundane objects to construct something stunningly intricate, the Sonoma State student’s twelve-foot-tall sculpture, ‘Connected,’ reflects the beauty of multiplicity.

Responsive Image

Originally an Architecture major at USF, Painter transferred schools and majors to improve her craft, a decision that has resulted in citywide commissions and a growing rapport in north Florida.

Responsive Image

Although Lin’s pursuits may be divergent, the freshman has already managed to make a name for herself with both her writing and her coding.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

At nineteen years old, the Harvard student has turned her childhood, intersectionality and politics into a wealth of stunning feminist poetry.

Responsive Image

As a recently relocated student herself, Abbey Millerbernd started the Transfer Student Organization to help new students deal with the social limbo of transferring.

Responsive Image

The rising senior is currently developing her company, College Bound, as well as preparing to present a TEDx Youth talk next month.

Responsive Image

As a rising sophomore and Wilhelmina model, Greco shows the world that fashion and science not only go together, they work beautifully.

Responsive Image

After the suicides of two freshmen, Lloyd founded the Tell Me About Your Day movement to create a support system on campus.

Responsive Image

Yih’s first business venture gives prospective students a fresh perspective of campuses across the country.

Responsive Image

The Wesleyan University English major and his friend, Linne Halpern, hope to democratize review-writing with their online magazine.

Responsive Image

The UMBC student discovered her passion for theater while performing educational plays for kids, where she teaches lessons about race and tolerance in ways that children can understand.

Responsive Image

Courtlynd ‘Justice’ Mallory is the creator of Werk, an intuitive website and app that allows students to find and apply for work according to their major.

Responsive Image

Sacramento City College student Parker Newman is making a name for himself in the stand-up community for his dark, sharp humor and endless stream of self-deprecation.

Responsive Image

By creating a system in which athletes manage other athletes, the Cornell students hope to end the trend of professional athletes severely mismanaging their money.

Responsive Image

In her writing, the Pratt student confronts the intangibility of discrimination by focusing on its specifics: language, deportation, stereotyping, self-doubt and trauma, among others.

Responsive Image

After Kylie Kuhns lost her sister to leukemia, a fundraiser she created to finance a summer camp eventually turned into a non-profit that helps other cancer victims.