News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the pink-collar economy is growing, the wages aren’t.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several college-oriented Instagram accounts are objectifying women while their followers remain oblivious.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Despite what major news outlets claim, condom snorting isn’t popular amongst teens.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Connor Clegg, the student body president of Texas State in San Marcos, was found guilty of all six articles of impeachment.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

How a group of Feminist artists are fighting the Trump administration with phone booth graffiti.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If DACA students’ citizenship changes, they could be considered international or undocumented students, a change in nomenclature with significant ramifications.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Financial expert Patrick Harker thinks the ways college is financed could hurt low- and middle-income students from succeeding.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Canadians mourn the loss of 16 people who died in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, with the Saskatchewanian families affected receiving overwhelming support.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Nothing reflects a bright future quite like 947 solar panels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The non-lethal shooting has raised questions about what campus police should and should not be able to do.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Call them what you want to, but the vape gods are here to stay.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After decades of silently dealing with low wage and under-equipped working environment, teachers in Kentucky and Oklahoma have decided to raise their voice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Opponents are using ignorance to justify killing black women. Luckily there are ways to stop these attacks from happening.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The alleged incident, in conjunction with Larry Nassar’s felonies, paint the picture of a university intent on covering up the crimes of its athletics community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The man accused of murdering college student Jacqueline Vandagriff says her dying caused him to ‘panic,’ dismember her body and light it on fire.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Room-scale VR allows participants to have an open-minded experience of journalism.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a controversial op-ed, columnist James Bovard refuted reports about food insecurity on college campuses, instead calling students ‘overweight and lazy.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Millions of people who downloaded the app ‘This is your Digital Life,’ as well as friends of those users, are set to receive messages in the coming days.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Facebook CEO used the response ‘I’ll have someone on my team get back to you’ so many times that Twitter users created a drinking game out of it.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Being stopped by a police officer is definitely not a great way to end the day, especially if it’s just for broken taillights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The party is grappling over whether to encourage calls for impeachment or ignore them, as both devalue the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Educators across the country are calling for an end to the ‘war on public education,’ claiming their pay and funding have shrunk to impossibly low levels.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After years of dodging requests to appear before Congress, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will finally answer their questions this week.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Andrew Dorogi, an economics major and senior at Amherst College in Massachusetts, died after falling onto train tracks in Mexico City.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several uncommon elements of the April 3 shooting at YouTube headquarters have thrown analysts for a loop.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Stormy Daniels, the adult film star embroiled in a sex scandal with President Trump, should not be dismissed due to her profession.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After Snapchat’s horrible update, Instagram’s new algorithm and Facebook’s privacy scandals, should you start using Vero instead?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

According to the suit, a ‘diversity quota’ at Harvard forces Asian-American students to score higher on the SAT just to be competitive with their white counterparts.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At Pasadena City College, for instance, the number of students whose parents make more than $100,000 has increased from 197 in 2007 to 828 in 2017.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Trump is notoriously known for using gun violence to draw attention away from the lack of gun control in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Deadline broke a heated story accusing Nickelodeon money-maker Dan Schneider of abusing young stars in his own shows after a sudden exit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Kenya’s ban of forced anal exams on suspected gay men can influence LGBT change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative media outlet, somewhat hypocritically, forced anchors nationwide to read a script designed to stoke fears of media bias.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon has proposed legislation for the Debt-Free College Act, which aims to combat mounting student debt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative vice president has been vocal about his opposition to the ‘gay agenda’ from the start of his political reign.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After losing a handful of national advertisers, Ingraham was suddenly feeling very apologetic.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 22-year-old is the latest black man to be unjustly killed for a crime he had nothing to do with.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a statement, the president, whom 15 women have accused of sexual misconduct, implored audiences to heed the claims of sexual-abuse victims.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Given that the standard procedure is to shy away from such definitive language, Austin police chief Brian Manley’s statement took many by surprise.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The controversy is the latest in a series of blows to the reputation of the historic HBCU, whose president students are now demanding resign.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Middle Tennessee State University is the latest recipient of a grant from the foundation, which has a history of using such agreements to advance their political agenda.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The social media platform you loved in middle school isn’t what it used to be.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

These careers are the most likely, statistically speaking, to help you become a billionaire.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Because it’s incredibly believable that the Parkland survivor would rip up the Constitution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Until April 15, the planet Mercury will be in retrograde. Why does this matter? It doesn’t, not really — but astrologers will tell you otherwise.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The future of cryptocurrency looks potentially unstable, as government institutions and major advertising platforms warn against their risks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incorporating elements from multiple human rights movements, the March for Our Lives in New York continues to remind us of the urgent needs for social changes.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a 9-year-old in Topeka, Kansas, Linda Brown Thompson’s desire to go to school with her friends would later change the course of history.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, a handful of states and pioneering student groups have paved the way for no-cost tampons and other feminine hygiene products.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the president’s first ban on transgender military service was struck down, the commander in chief has proposed an amended version of the first policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Don’t let people tell you that your vote does not matter. It does, especially if you are wishing for a change to happen.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The upcoming vote on Proposition 1 will not be cast in the traditional way since Anchorage has opted for the vote-by-mail system.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After discovering the breach two years ago, Facebook first moved to sue the news outlets intent on reporting it. Now, Zuckerberg is changing his tune.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As long as we still have the ‘missed connections’ page, Craigslist romance will live on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

I went to the March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C., on March 24th, and it will probably be the most important thing I’ve ever done.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The shooting, which occurred just days before the March for Our Lives protest and took the life of Jaelyn Wiley, is the 18th school shooting of 2018.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The University of Hawaii Maui College is taking advantage of its ample sunlight and conservation-minded student body to transition to renewable energy sources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Can someone be a member of the LGBT+ community and still be homophobic? Absolutely, and it happens more often than you’d think.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rihanna-1, Snapchat-0.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Jake Paul made a documentary titled ‘It’s Time to End School Shootings,’ but his efforts were too little, too late.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

Former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are setting new communication standards for politicians now that they are in negotiations with Netflix.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 24-year-old white male took his life yesterday, March 22, before he could be apprehended by the authorities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Accidents or not, students rely on the ride-sharing app and are anticipating the advent of its self-driving fleet.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Is society ready to tackle sexual harassment in the workplace effectively?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Despite their efforts, schools are struggling to keep up with the increasing rates of students with mental-health problems.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Investigators have begun to walk back the idea that the crimes are racially motivated, leaving detectives at a loss for a cause.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The proposal aims to reduce the amount of nicotine in cigarettes to just 20 percent of current levels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The House GOP’s plan to change the federal-aid repayment system may cost community colleges when students drop out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Ariana Kukors’s poignant letter helps bring to attention the years of sexual abuse in USA Swimming.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several companies have posted about cutting ties with the NRA after the Marjory Stoneman Douglass shooting, and Amazon and Apple haven’t said anything.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

She may be one of the world’s most famous women, but was this too far?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Doug Ford’s strong managerial qualities as a former business leader and commitment to his brother’s politics make him a good choice for the role.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Threats to your favorite teams, upcoming free-agents and more to look out for this season.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Wing and spaces across the country and the globe have emerged to provide a modern-day women’s club for working ladies.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On top of being perhaps the most celebrated mind of his generation, Hawking was also an acclaimed author and wit.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The crash, which has several confirmed casualties, will also affect the FIU community, many of whom are on spring break.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Serena Williams’s traumatic postnatal experience sheds light on an issue that has long plagued black women in America: maternal death.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The classic recipe has been a big hit for years, but maybe it’s time for the company to step foot in a new market.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With the pervasive reality of gun violence in the United States, students need to have their voices heard on an issue that directly affects them

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You might not be able to make it on March 24, but don’t worry; you can still promote the movement from your dorm room.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The 21-year-old, who is on the autism spectrum, was sent to jail based on suspicion that he carved a swastika and a racial slur into two Orange Coast College security vehicles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In response to the gun control protests at Washington, D.C., President Donald Trump proposed arming teachers. But would arming teachers change anything?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Many of the 35 people who have left the White House previously held positions involving communications or worked closely with President Trump.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Each pair of shoes represents the life of a child taken by gun violence since the 2012 Newton shooting.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The bombings have killed two African-American males, aged 39 and 17, and have critically injured a 75-year-old Hispanic woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reports indicate that Tillerson was unaware of his impending firing, which was announced as he was midway through a diplomatic trip through Africa.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On its Instagram page, Hasta Muerte Coffee explained, ‘ … we are not alone saying police presence compromises our feelings of physical & emotional safety.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The programs pride themselves on offering a distinct kind of experience, one unavailable at any other school and often predicated on personal attention.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The laws grant both sides some of their requests, but leave no party completely happy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The school’s Title IX coordinator is the daughter of the university president and has reportedly mishandled sexual assault on campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate between gun control proponents and gun owners wages on, but there are some valid points that debunk the arguments to continue current gun policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Saudi Arabian women have long been denied the same rights as men, but things will start to change in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Marist College revoked its most famous alum’s honorary degree, and others should follow suit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The West Virginia teachers strike is over. The questions it raised are far from settled.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Boycotting Florida for spring break might succeed in bringing the nation’s attention to the issue of gun violence, but not without dire consequences.

By

Responsive image
Students x

College senior Lyndcee Barragato wants to provide special needs students with a sense of community and belonging with her nonprofit.

Students x

As she attends school at Columbia College Chicago, Caruso also runs Princess Gigi’s Fund for the Medically Fabulous.

Responsive image
Students x

Although she’s only a sophomore, Ellinore Folkesson has already made progress on her campus as she fights for social justice with Amnesty International.

Responsive image
Students x

Wolff, a student at both Brown and RISD, talks about their art, the challenges of college and their inspirations.

Responsive image
Responsive image

Hong Kong University student Jessie Yang co-founded The Wandering Voice in order to create a platform for minority groups.

Responsive image

Dakota Herman has always loved drawing and the arts, but now she wants to take her artwork to the next, more permanent level: tattooing.

Responsive image

Whether it’s in journalism, poetry or fiction, Eduardo Pulgar is taking charge of his own destiny and carving his way into the literary world.

Responsive image

Seton Hall’s Meg Daniels and her classmates bring ‘faith, sports and fun’ to Puerto Rico on her school’s recent mission trip.

Responsive Image

Through his research on Indian-Americans who served in the U.S. Army in World War I, Kalo shows that the immigrant community contributed to building America as a nation.

Responsive Image

Niki Padgett has taken her longtime love of science and space and spun them into a prestigious internship at NASA.

Responsive Image

Through her work with the largest commercial art gallery in Alabama, Walker aims to educate others on social issues.

Responsive Image

Though she’s only a sophomore, Oteri already has vast experience in the fashion world.

Responsive Image

Sofía Campoamor, the first female in the group’s century-long history, discusses the pressures and opportunities of the position.

Responsive Image

Morgan Witherspoon, the executive director of the event, raises money for children’s hospitals by standing for the kids who can’t.

Responsive Image

With her love of beauty, mythology, nature and culture, Sofia Gilmore-Montero writes and edits for her campus newspaper, Driftwood.

Responsive Image

After realizing how expensive Uber rides can be, Matthew Vega-Sanz and his twin brother developed their own solution: LulaRides.

Responsive Image

Pace University’s Douglas Dillon is a young businessman that has found success in both his Hanta Rods and Reels business and the theatre.

Responsive Image

AJ Davis’s new film confronts the unglamorous realities of alcohol and opioid addiction.

Responsive Image

After losing her cat in a car accident, Blythe Serrano hopes to prevent others experiencing such a loss by creating a light-up collar for dogs and cats.

Responsive Image

NYU Abu Dhabi’s Khairunnisa Mentari Semesta and her team won iGEM with their E.coLAMP device, which detects the bacteria E. coli in foods.

Responsive Image

Jaylen Jones, a Morehouse College sophomore, is giving back to his community with his ascension organization Achieve M.O.O.R.E.

Responsive Image

A soon-to-be-published illustrator and social media influencer, Monique ‘Momo’ Le has taken to online platforms to discuss representation.

Responsive Image

Artist McKenzie Cunningham uses non-representational forms and untraditional vehicles to flesh out her wild artistic vision.  

Responsive Image

The Muslim-American activist who created the Hijab Project has returned to the national spotlight with a new mission: fighting an Obama-era program called CVE.

Responsive Image

Chávez has used the platform as an opportunity to focus on making the 140-year-old school more inclusive, but it hasn’t been easy. 

Responsive Image

A conversation with Iman Siddiqi, the UC, Irvine, student behind the first student-funded refugee scholarship in the country.

Responsive Image

“Vagina Monologues” co-director and sorority sister Briana Grogan is part of a new wave of intersectional empowerment.

Responsive Image

Inspired by a personal experience, Danya Sherman created KnoNap to help detect and prevent drug-facilitated sexual assault.

Responsive Image

After her victory in the ‘Master the Mainframe’ competition, the 22-year-old Anna McKee from the University of North Texas found new inspiration for her future career.

Responsive Image

USC’s Cameron Kostopoulos directs his future in cinematography, using his YouTube channel to make his debut in the film industry.

Responsive Image

Berkeley freshman, Eleanor Hammond, is treading a path to greatness: writing the next big feminist musical.

Responsive Image

The USC senior showcased the beauty of the South and the amazing things that female artists can accomplish with her first solo photography exhibition.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

NYU’s Isabella Bruder is a YouTube force to be reckoned with.

Responsive Image

‘I think people still think opera singers only scream and are fat. I would say screaming is not what we do.’

Responsive Image

Stephanie Everett, draws from her own experiences in her one-person play “It’s Fine, I’m Fine” to raise awareness and inspire others.

Responsive Image

Student Body President Savannah Putnam is bringing change to UNC Chapel Hill.

Responsive Image

University of Maryland senior, Emily Starobin, hopes to catch a glimpse of the Maryland state insect with the Baltimore Checkerspot Project.

Responsive Image

Travel and daily interactions with people inspire this Boston University student’s music.

Responsive Image

Before launching YouMakeYou, Triolo found herself taking time off from university after suffering from post-concussion syndrome.

Responsive Image

A dog isn’t mankind’s only friend.

Responsive Image

Surround yourself with stories and fictional worlds as you grow as a writer.

Responsive Image

The 19-year-old freshman at the University of Arizona, Stanley Wong, is leading an initiative to combine clean energy and agriculture.

Responsive Image

Sharaya Roberts, soccer player from Northwest University, turns her passion for the sport into a community building tool for children in Africa.

Responsive Image

As the founder of JCSoft Inc., the MIT undergraduate is a rising talent with the potential to change the gaming industry forever.

Responsive Image

Jacob Pavlecic’s decision to run for office began with the question, ‘Why not us?’

Responsive Image

Rowan College’s Lauren Purnell combats homeless stereotypes with her blog called Naming the Homeless.

Responsive Image

Georgia College senior Mackenzie Roux wants to restore joy, hope, love, peace and the simplicity of childhood with her nonprofit.

Responsive Image

This young American artist had enough ambition to pack her bags and move halfway across the world to Israel.

Responsive Image

Kaia Del Sol proves that you don’t have to lead the typical college life to find purpose and happiness.

Responsive Image

They may not be books or films, but games can still tell captivating stories that players love.

Responsive Image

Rice University’s sophomore works to start important conversations about domestic and relationship violence even before it has a chance to affect the community.

Responsive Image

Annie Noelker is bringing new angles to her photography by accompanying it with her writing and music.

Responsive Image

For UNC’s rower Kate Hickert, ‘If every woman fights with all the power inside of her, I know that we can level the playing field and amaze everyone.’

Responsive Image

DePaul University’s Bushra Amiwala is proving to the world that young people can engage in politics and make positive changes in their society.

Responsive Image

A musician and senior at NYU, Yasmin Williams wants you to play the guitar — but you probably won’t play it like she does.

Responsive Image

University of Texas student Niti Majethia uses her experiences in life, like moving to America when she was young, to inspire her poetry writing.

Responsive Image

The perseverance of USCB student Hayley Piña, a soccer athlete whose health condition brought her to great revelations.

Responsive Image

Donna Imadi, a sophomore at George Mason University, founded InvestinYOUth, a program which mentors at-risk youth in Fairfax County, Virginia.

Responsive Image

With her myriad of impressive internships and her political activism, Alicia Cannon hopes to be a voice for both the LGBTQ+ community and religion.

Responsive Image

Tufts University’s Nikita Chaubal aims to create fun, Buzzfeed-inspired content with her news project Bosfeed.

Responsive Image

Olatiwa Karade is striving to help people to make their statements on social issues and be comfortable while they’re doing it.

Responsive Image

UC Berkeley student Ash Bhat is taking on the world of fake news and social media bots with his creation of BotCheck.me and Robhat Labs.

Responsive Image

University of Michigan finance student Nick Gottlieb is exploring international economics following his success with the cryptocurrency business.

Responsive Image

GU’s Sam Shapiro aspires to have students connect to not only his writing but to every inclusive effort he performs on campus.

Responsive Image

As a college senior, duendita already has a significant presence on Spotify and SoundCloud, especially after the release of her new EP. 

Responsive Image

University of Cincinnati’s Sarah Durham got together with an acting classmate to create a short film that would soon develop into Pajama Island Productions.

Responsive Image

Student ambassador Haley Choate has perfected her college-work balance, and she makes juggling a dream job and college at the same time look simple.

Responsive Image

UCLA student Vikash Singh transformed his health experience into a project that will bridge the gap between artificial intelligence and medical research.

Responsive Image

From making documentaries in Cuba to hitchhiking across the United States, Ramsee Chand is breathing new life into the filmmaking world.

Responsive Image

An aspiring journalist and writer, Stepha Poulin is doing her best to inform the world, one honest news report at a time.

Responsive Image

The fashion blog created by SCAD’s Olivia Ewing is filled with gorgeous photos of stylish clothing, as well as Ewing’s trips to places like NYFW and southern France.

Responsive Image

YouTube star Nia Wellman is using her natural-hair beauty channel to encourage women of color to be more than just beautiful.

Responsive Image

San Marcos rap collective PNTHN reflects on the five albums that helped define their sound.

Responsive Image

Documentary filmmaker Lorenzo Benitez spent six months in northern Thailand in a volountourism program, which prompted him to explore theß industry further. 

Responsive Image

Student loans and culinary aspirations have led two entrepreneurs to run illegal pop-up restaurants out of their dorms.

Responsive Image

Sophomore Keilah Granados, author of the poetry collection ‘Wanders the Night,’ finds resilience in the quiet of heartbreak.

Responsive Image

UTSA engineering student Hannah Clark uses faith and electronics to solve audio gospel problems in religiously sensitive countries.

Responsive Image

From Grand Canyon University, Sydney Grover turned her compassion for the homeless into a passion project that became a blog and pop-up shop to help them regain their confidence.

Responsive Image

Eni Asebiomo of Kean University deals with the struggles of navigating the college dating scene in her upcoming book ‘Chronicles of a Millennial Virgin’.

Responsive Image

New York University student Sophia Hanson discusses her process and motivation as a writer while also juggling the demands of schoolwork.

Responsive Image

Max Haensel is an example of Brown University’s finest in terms of track stars and the ability to raise huge amounts of money for charity.

Responsive Image

The University of New Hampshire’s Francesca Brose is an aspiring nurse with a mission: to help Haiti rebuild its health care system.

Responsive Image

Varehya Pratt, a junior at Colorado State University, is bringing representation across the country with her line of Zukente hats.

Responsive Image

Boston University students Isabel “Izzy” Raye Weinberg and Kian McGee create music together that complements their talents.

Responsive Image

Twins Monica and Jenny Rokhman welcome their relatively normal life after competing in the Rio Olympics in 2016.

Responsive Image

With the ferocity of football, half the rules and none of the protective gear, rugby is for only the toughest athletes, and Emma Gilroy is one such athlete.

Responsive Image

NAMM award-winning, accordion-playing St. Petersburg College student is combining business and the music industry.

Responsive Image

These gallivanting Stanford students are now mentoring other students and sharing their gap year experiences with the world.

Responsive Image

This Alabama State University student is determined to define her own definition of beautiful.

Responsive Image

As the name alludes to, Helix is the structure of DNA as well as an organization that forms the foundation of careers in medicine for minority students.

Responsive Image

YouTuber Orly Sharpio has more than 50,000 subscribers to whom she offers college advice, shares her beauty routine and vlogs her life experiences.

Responsive Image

Between classes, Hossain manages to make waves in the underground Bengali metal scene as a booking agent.

Responsive Image

Ballart was born with spina bifida and is in a wheelchair, but she doesn’t let that stop her from living the life she wants.

Responsive Image

The George Washington University student’s activism has inspired many to participate in the political cause in order to work toward a better future.

Responsive Image

The Eleanor B. North Poetry Award recipient tackles themes such as anxiety and body images in her burgeoning poetry career.

Responsive Image

Helen Fleischer looks to change the fashion industry and help those in the trans and gender-nonconforming communities get the underwear they want and need with her startup, IntimaQ.

Responsive Image

Four-part rock group Daddy’s Beemer delivers passionate ballads with deceptively intricate arrangements and good vibes.

Responsive Image

Tasnima Tanzim, a RISD student and Bengali immigrant, channels the pallette of the Indian subcontinent into clean, thoughtful graphic design.

Responsive Image

Carnegie Mellon’s Sasha Cohen Ioannides, a sophomore and member of The Aquaponics Project, is using sunlight, food scraps and a shipping container to grow fish for the hungry.

Responsive Image

DePaul University’s Michael Lynch talks Beyoncé, more Beyoncé and Michelle Obama.

Responsive Image

Senior UVA student LeiLei Secor, founder of the wildly popular online store Designed By Lei, has used her jewelry-making skills to pay for her college degree.

Responsive Image

At Brigham Young University, senior J.D. Goates is walking an ideological tight rope to protect the LGBTQ community.

Responsive Image

Meet McKenna Carrigan, the Drake senior and Delta Gamma sister fighting sexual assault, one pair of jeans at a time.

Responsive Image

Pratt Institute senior Casiano Hamer, the director of the gritty but cinematographically stunning short film ‘STUD’, has his eyes set on gold when it comes to making movies.

Responsive Image

As team manager for the UNC Tar Heels men’s basketball team, Emily Brickner-Hughes supervises one of the most prestigious athletic programs in the country, and is one of the only women in the field.

Responsive Image

A conversation with Harvard’s Amanda Gorman, America’s first youth poet laureate.

Responsive Image

Stevenson University’s dodgeball phenom, Kris DeJesus, has his sights set on a dodgeball revolution.

Responsive Image

Matiza, an undergraduate at Pennsylvania State University, reopened the online grocery and appliance store Zimbogini for citizens of his native country.

Responsive Image

American University student Maria Rose Belding is the founder of MEANS Database, a website that allows excess food to be shared with food banks to combat hunger.