OLYMPICS COVERAGE
CHECK OUT OUR OLYMPICS COVERAGE!

News & Politics

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

K-Pop fans from around the world are excited to witness Exo and CL perform live at the close of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a move that more accurately reflects the modern student body, William and Mary hired Katherine Rowe as their 28th president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

To call attention to their demands for updated gun control laws, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students have called for a nationwide protest on March 24.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Though RBG applauds the #MeToo movement, she echoed Betsy DeVos’s sentiment that Obama-era Title IX processes denied the accused parts of their due process.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A white actress was cast in a traditionally black role in a school musical, sparking debate between ‘color-blind’ and ‘color-conscious’ casting.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

A look into how celebrities — by entering the political realm — affect the vote after actress Diane Neal announces she’s making a congressional run.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As transportation becomes more advanced and environmentally friendly, a new company appears to have a solution for traffic congestion.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Host Chris Cuomo criticized Cruz and others for appearing only on Fox News to talk about gun control.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the wake of the sexual harassment allegations shaking the country, the highest individual honor for chefs will now take their personal behavior into consideration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

The firing follows Netflix’s dismissal of Kevin Spacey, showing that networks are becoming quicker to sever ties with anyone accused of sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Zachary Donohue and Madison Hubbell are either very committed to their craft or stumbled upon an uber convenient way to call things off.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Students argue that the programs essentially act as affirmative action for the wealthy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The recent ‘pig roast’ scandal at Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity might be shocking, but it isn’t as unusual as you’d think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After former student Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 individuals on Wednesday, further reports of his mental instability and warnings signs are surfacing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Black Lives Matter protestors are demonized by society, Philadelphia residents were praised for their destructive victory celebrations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While #MeToo sweeps America, a group of French women reject the movement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

USA is dominating at the Winter Olympics and even in a competitive atmosphere, countries are coming together for the sake of the games.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

In response to the broader #MeToo movement and its ‘Shitty Media Men’ list, senior Elizabeth Dunn leaded the names of 30 ‘men to avoid.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

David Nadlinger took first place in an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council competition with his minuscule, groundbreaking picture of an atom.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Warmbier’s father attended the opening ceremony to remind the world of North Korea’s brutality, but more importantly as a father mourning the loss of his son.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From the viewpoints of those who fight it, fake news is formidable, but not invincible.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As emotional support animals become more popular, colleges are grappling with their effects, including what to tell the randomly assigned roommate.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It seems as if the ‘American dream’ might not be possible for all students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hijabs are part of a broader line of clothing, called the Veronica Collection, designed to offer Muslim women more fashion-forward options for their clothing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rather than learn about gender identity, South Dakota Sen. Phil Jensen wants students to focus on ‘reading, writing and arithmetic.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a statement from the university, representatives claim that she was not participating in the Tide Pod challenge, but rather trying to intentionally self-harm.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 2020 election could be the chance for Democrats to choose the right presidential candidate based on political experience, not celebrity status.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The country’s infrastructure is deteriorating, but a new emphasis on reconstruction and trade schools could be the solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Even well-respected companies have PR disasters from time to time, but these 20 most-hated companies take it to a whole other level.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The British territory has become the first jurisdiction to abolish same-sex marriage, after the unions were legalized less than a year ago.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

After comparing the weights of the women they’ve slept with, members of Zeta Beta Tau who participated in the ‘Pig Roast’ will undergo counseling and more.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Salt is among the hottest commodities once the winter comes, but people are considering replacing salt with sand for the de-icing purpose.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With Cloud9’s victory at the ELEAGUE Boston Major this January, North American Counter-Strike is no longer a joke.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Change begins at the collegiate level – if college campuses can end the Pence rule, then so can society.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indians have decided the join many other professional sports teams in the nationwide movement of abandoning offensive branding.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Earlier this year, Google announced new rules regarding monetization of contents on its video service, YouTube.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Through a series of proposed bills, Washington lawmakers hope to provide homeless college students stable access to basic amenities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rocket Lab’s new satellite, Humanity Star, launches a frenzy in the scientific community in its quest for universal connectivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Mexican, Canadian and American representatives begin to amend NAFTA, only Canada seems concerned with fixing the agreement’s human rights abuses.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After a second-trimester abortion ban barely failed in the Senate, it looks like 2018 is turning into another year where women’s healthcare will face multiple challenges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The proliferation of cryptocurrencies has made drug-trafficking on the dark web easier, which has in turn exacerbated the country’s opioid epidemic.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The actions of the involved students and the class’s professor, Dr. Flavio Uribe, have been called ‘disturbing’ and ‘inexcusable.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

By changing the language to include women, Canada’s gender-neutral national anthem has taken a step to rectify its patriarchal vestiges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Following in the footsteps of New York’s Excelsior Scholarship, proponents of the College for All Act are calling for free college in California.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With a new policy on marijuana, San Francisco is giving past offenders a second chance at life without a criminal record.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Like other musicians before him, Jack White announced a plan to ban the use of phones at concerts, but audiences deserve to make that choice for themselves.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Amazon Go launched its first store in Seattle, which left many people both hopeful and worrisome about the future of the cashier-less shopping concept.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By setting aside revenue from their cannabis tax, Pueblo County has funded over 420 scholarships that send high school graduates to local colleges.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

No, this isn’t a new Sherlock Holmes novel. Officer Pinheiro of the Baltimore Police Department has been indicted for planting evidence at a crime scene.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

WWF and XFL founder Vince McMahon promised a gimmick-free football league with the XFL’s return.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two recently awarded patents have brought Amazon closer to tracking their employees’ movements, news that bodes ill for break-takers and time-killers everywhere.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Alt-right and other racist groups have increasingly chosen college campuses as prime vehicles for spreading hate speech, hate crimes and acts of xenophobic violence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Cabinet Files’ surfaced just as the Australian Parliament was set to discuss new espionage laws that could criminalize such a discovery.

By

Responsive image

In the wake of a highly publicized scandal, disrepute and depravity mar USA Gymnastics’ honor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although justice has been served in the Larry Nassar trial, progress remains delayed for Hollywood accusers demanding justice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Judge Aquilina’s demeanor may come off cutthroat, but she’s become a beacon of justice for the USA Gymnastics sexual abuse victims.

By

Responsive image

These four organizations are providing mental health services for Asian Americans in a community that has a stigma against them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Harley Barber’s racist video got her expelled but also shined a new light on an old conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though progress has been made in the most recent NAFTA negotiations, creating a better deal will require more compromise between the American, Canadian and Mexican partners.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fewer imports and fewer jobs means less green energy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games have become an arena for social change as athletes confront rape culture, homophobia and tension between nations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After an exposé detailed the black market for purchasing social media followers, scores of users have seen their Twitter followers drop.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite efforts to show support for women in the recent #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, the Grammys instead sparked a new hashtag: #GrammysSoMale.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Dr. Donald Milton, a professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, created the Gesundheit machine to better understand how the flu spreads.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Brooklyn College’s preference for policemen to use specific school bathrooms raises questions about public safety on college campuses across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Before his State of the Union address on Tuesday night, President Trump signed an executive order to keep open the controversial detention center.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Democrats are hopeful that O’Rourke will defeat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in the 2018 midterm elections and take over the largely red state.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Another day, another shooting; America’s been here before. The question is, is anything going to change this time around?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

His lawyer, Michael Proctor, told press that the actor was a good person who was just trying to pay for his mistakes and bad judgment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The trio of business magnates have joined forces to create a health care plan for their employees, a move that promises to disrupt traditional health care providers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In his address, President Trump laid out a plan for incorporating bipartisan ideas into an immigration plan.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

With an ever-changing political climate, America could see unfortunate regressions in study abroad programs, both locally and internationally.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

You may reconsider applying for college loans after seeing the startling statistics behind student investment debt.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If government money stops flowing, university systems across the country would freeze, including certain financial-aid packages and ongoing research grants.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Though Kendrick Lamar, Donald Glover and Bruno Mars took home a slew of high honors, critics claim that the Grammys snubbed female artists.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The astrological unicorn, which will be visible this Wednesday, is the result of three separate, moon-related phenomena all occurring at once.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You have been misled; flossing doesn’t need to be a top priority in your dental hygiene routine anymore.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

The former Olympic gymnastics doctor was sentenced to up to 175 years behind bars, and the athletic community needs to learn from the scandal.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Once only reserved for gamers, augmented reality has found its way into the medical field through simulation-learning apps like HoloLens.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In an effort to improve the site, the new Facebook changes are designed to increase user-to-user interaction and reduce the creepy feeling of being spied on.

By

Responsive image

The 28-year-old figure skater Adam Rippon was recently named the third member of the men’s team, but not without controversy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Barbara Harris, founder of Project Prevention, has some permanent solutions that might conflict with your moral landscape.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Trump administration could leave 200,000 Salvadorans deported after 17 years of building lives in the U.S. and despite obvious safety concerns in El Salvador.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With high political tension across the country, 2017 was a dynamic year for all minorities, in both good ways and bad.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

This true story about the Washington Post will have every college student changing their major.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Congress has a full plate of work as well as the uncertainty of the midterms to balance during this new year.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the effort to maintain campaign commitments is ever-present, President Trump will need the additional support a bipartisan Congress can offer to move forward in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With assisted-suicide machines in the works, having a hand in your own death could be easier than ever in the near future.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Californians ring in the New Year with a recurring case of the munchies, a new era for legal weed also begins.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You no longer need a dealer to get pot in California because marijuana shops open their doors to recreational sales to everyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Roy Moore, former Alabama Senate candidate, believes that America was great during slavery. How these microaggressions lead to macroaggressions and the reasons behind them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Whether you’re a full-time or dual-enrolled college student, you can look forward to some of these benefits resulting from the recent tax bill.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Did any of this even happen?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a successful governor and representative of minorities, Nikki Haley has the potential to make it all the way to the Oval Office.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The College of the Atlantic is setting a nationwide example for how forward-thinking universities should approach environmental sustainability.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Indivior’s newly developed drug, Sublocade, may reshape the battle against opioid addiction.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The relationship of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry provides insight into the problem of the ideal white beauty within the black community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Brock Turner, former Stanford swimmer and convicted rapist, wants to overturn his conviction, but how does this affect college students?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

What effects have the California fires had on the state’s students, and how will the fires affect their campuses and their families?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A short story was the latest thing to catch the internet’s attention, but how did a piece of fiction from the New Yorker manage to storm through Twitter?

By

Responsive image
Students x

Helen Fleischer looks to change the fashion industry and help those in the trans and gender-nonconforming communities get the underwear they want and need with her startup, IntimaQ.

Students x

Four-part rock group Daddy’s Beemer delivers passionate ballads with deceptively intricate arrangements and good vibes.

Responsive image
Students x

Tasnima Tanzim, a RISD student and Bengali immigrant, channels the pallette of the Indian subcontinent into clean, thoughtful graphic design.

Responsive image
Students x

Carnegie Mellon’s Sasha Cohen Ioannides, a sophomore and member of The Aquaponics Project, is using sunlight, food scraps and a shipping container to grow fish for the hungry.

Responsive image
Responsive image

DePaul University’s Michael Lynch talks Beyoncé, more Beyoncé and Michelle Obama.

Responsive image

As team manager for the UNC Tar Heels men’s basketball team, Emily Brickner-Hughes supervises one of the most prestigious athletic programs in the country, and is one of the only women in the field.

Responsive image

A conversation with Harvard’s Amanda Gorman, America’s first youth poet laureate.

Responsive image

Stevenson University’s dodgeball phenom, Kris DeJesus, has his sights set on a dodgeball revolution.

Responsive Image

Matiza, an undergraduate at Pennsylvania State University, reopened the online grocery and appliance store Zimbogini for citizens of his native country.

Responsive Image

American University student Maria Rose Belding is the founder of MEANS Database, a website that allows excess food to be shared with food banks to combat hunger.

Responsive Image

The Baltimore student, whose research includes a stint at the Large Hadron Collider, is the school’s first-ever Rhodes scholar.

Responsive Image

Since forming And the Sky Turned Grey in 2011, Sacramento City College student Christopher Felix has played hundreds of live shows throughout the city.

Responsive Image

Cameron Gilmour, sophomore physics and music tech at University of Vermont, improvises with music to communicate in a way better than words.

Responsive Image

University of Mississippi senior John Brahan highlights the issues around campus sexual assault allegations in his thesis play, ‘IX.’

Responsive Image

Belmont University student Bethany Ann Warner is taking her musical ambition and relying on her faith and determination to make it big time.

Responsive Image

Julien Turner of Morehouse College is using his passion for films and film making to fight back racial stereotypes and educate the community on social issues.

Responsive Image

This student took the spreading of holiday cheer to the next level and donated to children in need.

Responsive Image

Still new to competitive weightlifting, Meredith Alwine of Randolph College hasn’t let that stop her from lifting her way to the top.

Responsive Image

After studying in Morocco, making her own short film and bringing the number one magazine for college women to Richmond, Lam shows no signs of slowing down.

Responsive Image

King, the co-founder of the American Indian Student Association (AISA) at Indiana University, is working to solve an old problem in a modern way.

Responsive Image

First-year University of Oregon student Francesca Smith has recently penned a petition that suggests the potential removal of a derogatory mural on campus.

Responsive Image

This University of Iowa student is devoting her time to advocating for survivors of sexual assault.

Responsive Image

Louisiana State University’s Jason Badeaux talks of his dream job, the Kardashians and caramel.

Responsive Image

Through a variety of her own initiatives, Yale senior Lauren LaMonica is combining her love for public health with her passion for fostering class equity for first-generation and lower-income students.

Responsive Image

To save a vital nonprofit from shutting down, native-Belizean Rowan Garel began an aggressive fundraising effort predicated on doing things that no blind person had ever done before.

Responsive Image

After being spurred into action by the Charlottesville protests, University of Virginia’s Amalia Garcia-Pretelt began working for the city’s witness protection program, giving embattled immigrants a voice by translating theirs.

Responsive Image

By combining green tea, kombucha, sugar and water, Liberty University senior Luis Quijano has developed a process to grow clothing. Now he wants to disrupt the fashion industry.

Responsive Image

Miami-based synth-pop group Souvenir defies the recycled, washed-out sounds of the genre with preternatural talent and candor.

Responsive Image

Delta Gamma member Addison Keilty has created an online platform to feature sorority women heading remarkable accomplishments in the science field.

Responsive Image

Ithaca College’s Peter Champelli is using motion graphics, radio and video to create journalism with style.

Responsive Image

After taking first place in LaunchLab’s Entrepreneur Pitch Contest, industrial engineering major Will Keefe is realizing he won more than he bargained for.

Responsive Image

When Kyle Kurdziolek, a linebacker at the Illinois University of Saint Francis, came out of the closet, his admission helped transform college locker rooms across the country.

Responsive Image

University of Southern Mississippi student Whitson Ramsey uses soft edges and muted colors to allow for occasional bursts of extreme contrasts.

Responsive Image

Gabby Frost’s non-profit, Buddy Project, pairs people up with the goal to improve the mental health of young people all over the world.

Responsive Image

Hannah Zimmerman is taking the world of politics by storm, and as a Stanford freshman, she just might be the most experienced eighteen-year-old on campus.

Responsive Image

Hope Kramer, biochemistry and molecular biology senior at Belmont University, continues to change the world both in molecular level and in our everyday life.

Responsive Image

Jordan Madden is leading many initiatives to protect and promote human’s rights, specifically women’s, at his school UW-Madison and plans to continue even after graduation.

Responsive Image

AJ Wilson, a student at Wesleyan University and founder of Dream Chaser, proudly demonstrates to people that college dreams are more than just wishful thinking.

Responsive Image

MSU senior Braden Cleary is the co-founder of TheMountCo and creator of The Bearded Man Project, an initiative to bring attention to the waning popularity of America’s national parks.

Responsive Image

Karen Vargas, senior at Fresno Pacific University, found herself fighting not only for her Hispanic roots but also for other minorities without an agency.

Responsive Image

Franklyn Decker started Timoun Kontan as part of his service trip to Haiti, and the organization has turned into an active force in transforming the community there.

Responsive Image

I spoke with two student-athletes—one in Greek life and one not—about how their decisions affected their athletics, academics and social lives.

Responsive Image

From directing Shakespeare to co-founding a production company, The New School’s Emily Messana is building her theater career one play at a time.

Responsive Image

Life can be seen as mundane and boring, but business student Drew Amato sees it as relatable and turns into into art.

Responsive Image

Maria Tangarova, founder of UTalent, is providing an outlet for talented musicians on campus.

Responsive Image

Baylor’s Amye Dickerson talks about the Astros, salsa and her secret penchant for freestyling in this month’s questionnaire.

Responsive Image

TC Superstar frontman Connor McCampbell brings charming, off-beat synthpop on stage with a pure love for performance.

Responsive Image

Jenna Comins-Addis, Indiana University’s first transgender sorority sister, is redefining what it means to go Greek.

Responsive Image

Malek Sarhan, a junior at Illinois Institute of Technology and president of the Arab-American Association of Engineers and Architects, is taking aviation to new heights.

Responsive Image

Cole Scanlon and Luke Heine created the Fair Opportunity Project after realizing how improbable their acceptance into Harvard was going to be.

Responsive Image

After a harrowing journey to the outskirts of Tajikistan began to parallel the very myth she had set out to explore, Stanford’s Nicole Bennett-Fite captured the experience for a BBC radio documentary that reminds listeners how little has changed in a millennium.

Responsive Image

After creating “Caged Bird Magazine” last year Howard University’s Alexa Lisitza discusses her new feminist publication, “The Intersectionalist.”

Responsive Image

North Central College’s Upasna Barath, an author and serialized videographer for Tavi Gevinson’s renowned girl-power publication, is writing to survive.

Responsive Image

In the wake of devastating firearms violence across the country, gun reform activist and University of Texas student Ana Lopez’s message has never been more reasonable.

Responsive Image

Carnegie Mellon’s Kasem Kydd uses provocative live performance and symbol-laden visual art to explore the nuance of black culture.

Responsive Image

Notre Dame fencer Francesca Russo is looking to bring the Fighting Irish a third gold medal in four years and secure her spot in the 2020 Olympics.

Responsive Image

Engineering student, businessman and overall incredible young man Nicolaus Wolfrum was recently recognized for his significant accomplishments in the eBay SHINE Awards.

Responsive Image

She has already helped qualify her team for Nordic Nationals, but Ines Siepmann has set bigger goals for the student-led club.

Responsive Image

The twelve-song record, which features fellow San Antonio musicians The Parallelephants, is a haunting, reverbed-out collection turning heads in South Texas.

Responsive Image

With her organization “STEM You Can!,” girls are learning about STEM subjects through fun and interactive experiments.

Responsive Image

Olivia Mehaffey, a sociology major and women’s golfer at Arizona State University, helped earn the team’s national title in May 2017, but this year is a brand-new season.

Responsive Image

This Bethune-Cookman University student wrote a play, created lyrics and composed beats in honor of his college’s founder, Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune.

Responsive Image

This UNC Pembroke student drew attention to mental health at Cannes with her short film “Left in the Dark: Mental Disorders.” What’s next?

Responsive Image

Miranda Kim, the co-founder of SoulFace Apparel, is putting clothes on people’s backs by taking trash off their beaches.

Responsive Image

Getting into college is hard enough, but this Carnegie Mellon student overcame more obstacles than the average applicant.

Responsive Image

From San Antonio to California, the twenty-one-year-old Matthew Baiza is taking it upon himself to create change wherever he goes.

Responsive Image

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and for this University of Michigan sophomore, it came from nature and a premature college injury.

Responsive Image

Minnesotan track stars and boyfriends Brad Neumann and Justin Rabon have recently made headlines for being just that.

Responsive Image

The challenges of being a non-traditional student can be daunting, but Nicole Spillane has ironed out the wrinkles.

Responsive Image

This Boston College senior is helping companies across the country get better insight into the millennial mindset.

Responsive Image

Stephanie Quintero, founder of Chicos and Kids, is on a mission to make teaching a give and take experience.

Responsive Image

Sophia Richards, Barnard College student and occasional model, wanted to fill a gap in the media by telling the stories of remarkable, fearless women.

Responsive Image

Bartol has some big city dreams and all the dedication needed to make them happen.

Responsive Image

Graphic designer and visual artist Victoria Escobar, a student at Maryland Institute College of Art, steeps her work in anthropology, sometimes verging on the macabre.

Responsive Image

After a medical scare in high school revealed how acutely academic performance depends on health, UCSD’s Samantha Madala started the Healthy Scholars Foundation to ensure less-fortunate students had the same chance she did.

Responsive Image

As only a sophomore, SCAD student and Industrial Design major Ryleigh Tyson is already making history in the male-dominated world of collegiate fishing.

Responsive Image

Self-taught producer and YouTube savant Andrew Chellman has brought a decidedly futuristic sound to Carnegie Mellon.

Responsive Image

Bowling prodigy and McKendree University student Breanna Clemmer aims to lead her school’s four-year-old team to its second national championship.

Responsive Image

After witnessing the impact of her late sister’s organ donation, Chi Omega member Sara Miller has become a passionate advocate for educating and registering student donors.

Responsive Image

The Point Park University student has been making a difference in the lives of children as an intern at the very foundation that made her dreams come true.

Responsive Image

Columbia’s Anisa Tavangar, an Art History major and Editor-in-Chief of “Hoot Magazine,” has an ambitious vision for the fashion industry.

Responsive Image

Through her filmmaking, art and political activism, UC Berkeley’s Rebecca Dharmapalan is working to spread the unsettling truth about sex trafficking.

Responsive Image

Southern Methodist University’s student body president David Shirzad talks about not having enough hours in the day and cooking mac and cheese.

Responsive Image

Bennington College student Asad J. Malik, also known by his alias 1RIC, seeks to bring the gruesome reality of war to the forefront with his latest project “Holograms from Syria.”

Responsive Image

When you think of the pork industry you probably don’t think of piglet safety, but Matthew Rooda does.

Responsive Image

Brown University student Sebastián Otero Oliveras, an ethnomusicology major, is igniting social change one track at a time.

Responsive Image

Stanford junior Madeline Lisaius’ research combines language, forests and culture as she explores remote areas of the Ecuadorian Amazon.

Responsive Image

As the Society of Women Engineers president, Alyssa Norris has already made a profound impact on the field of engineering.

Responsive Image

Kyle Pandiscio of University of Massachusetts’ Isenberg School of Management is making a difference with his striking message to raise awareness about distracted driving.

Responsive Image

University of Hartford student Mikaela Nelson custom-makes dolls with amputations and burn wounds for children who have undergone intensive medical procedures.

Responsive Image

As a Dreamer, the young writer and director hopes to tell universal stories that allow people to see how we’re not so different after all.

Responsive Image

Organizing the show was just the beginning of Mercell Enayat’s mission to promote diversity on campus.

Responsive Image

University of Wisconsin-Madison student Eneale Pickett is fighting systemic oppression one shirt at a time.

Responsive Image

Iowa State University’s Leah Beman has a tireless journey to bring awareness to mental health.

Responsive Image

In addition to playing alongside greats like Kenny G, Gatus, who himself survived leukemia, donates his profits and plays in hospitals throughout Southern California.

Responsive Image

This Boston College student has a passion for employment law, fighting discrimination and teaching students about government.

Responsive Image

Lewis, founder of the summer camp Operation Summer Exposure, enables young black men to grow through exploring the great outdoors.

Responsive Image

A student at the infamously secular Sarah Lawrence College, J.J. Warren, a gay man and aspiring Methodist pastor, is attempting to reconcile his sexuality to his faith and his faith to the world.

Responsive Image

Texas Woman’s University’s student body president Kristopher Johnson talks about being named TWU’s Emerging Leader of the Year and his secret talent.

Responsive Image

University of Texas student Imran Rizvi, a Biochemistry major on the pre-med track, is bringing his eye for design to the medical field.

Responsive Image

After finding viral fame with their video game ‘Tampon Run,’ students Sophie Houser and Andy Gonzales hope to propel an important shift in the dialogue surrounding menstruation and women in tech.

Responsive Image

Composed of five jazz enthusiasts at Shenandoah University, the Virginia band comes alive onstage with energetic, improvisational brilliance.

Responsive Image

From an introductory science class at her community college to award-winning research on bio disinfectants, the University of Houston’s Reavelyn Pray has success under the microscope.

Responsive Image

After interning with several different non-profits, Rhajaa Wright took all her experience into account and decided to devote herself to teaching.

Responsive Image

Minneapolis College of Art and Design student Kestrel Hendrickson claims Miyazaki as an influence, and channels his profound, yet approachable style.

Responsive Image

Nic Carniglia, a water polo player and Business major at UC Berkeley, is hoping Cal’s recent championship will keep his Olympic hopes afloat.

Responsive Image

After war erupted as Yemeni native Nada Al-Thawr was leaving her country, the Mount Holyoke student has begun an aggressive campaign to bring her country’s plight to the attention of anyone who will listen.

Responsive Image

As the founder or co-founder of three separate activist organizations, UConn student and Pi Beta Phi sister Christine Savino takes social justice to a new level.

Responsive Image

Contributing photographer for the Local Wolves and Lithium magazines, Fletcher is optimizing her career path through connecting with people.

Responsive Image

After launching his web design business in high school, this Swiss entrepreneur wants to help other student entrepreneurs succeed.