News & Politics

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

One side wants to murder everyone; the other wants to stop them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Trump carefully crafted his public image from businessman to leader of the free world, and turned it into a nationally recognizable brand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Understanding the history of Confederacy monuments as well as legal roadblocks in their removal is essential, no matter where you fall on the issue.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As DeVos and the Trump administration reexamine the threshold of evidence needed to prove sexual assault, their critics point to the statistics surrounding false allegations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Senate Bill 4 comes into law, its similarities to another infamously racist piece of legislation are hard to ignore. Will it meet the same fate as the 1850 ‘Bloodhound Law’?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After every other host city dropped out, the IOC just narrowly avoided having to cancel the Olympics.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now that several media companies have plans to launch their own streaming services, cable is beginning to look a lot more attractive.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sponsored x

Trump’s executive orders have covered policies in national security, infrastructure, healthcare, and trade, so it makes sense that up next on the chopping block is fiscal policy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With the arrival of the web retailer’s on-campus locations, the company is taking another giant step in disrupting traditional commerce.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Does the show live up to the hype of previous Marvel Netflix series?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two days after visiting Holocaust sites in Europe, I couldn’t help but worry as I followed the breaking news about the Charlottesville protests.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The internet isn’t trying to steal your boyfriend.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

By sending fifteen new songs to Adult Swim, legendary underground rapper MF DOOM has ended his three-year musical hiatus.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The indie production company made famous by ‘Moonlight’ has become a safe haven for cutting-edge flicks and new-age marketing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary, society still treats rape allegations with skepticism. Why?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Physically following someone has become unnecessary.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Based on the 1954 teleplay ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ the feminist reinterpretation asks critical questions about how much race and gender relations have really changed in the last half-century.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The influential, spiritual and ultimately suicidal founder of Pro Era will have an album of his unfinished work posthumously released on the five-year anniversary of his death, an event that remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s all fun and games until Trump goes too far.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hot new health fad, which calls for abstaining from food for long periods and then gorging yourself briefly, is almost brutal in its simplicity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The MassArt student and founder of the Green Arts Network brings Boston-area artists together to spur conservation-oriented change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

When Peter Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who popularized the challenge, filmed himself being doused in ice water, he had no idea the impact the video would have.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent death of Kyara is just the latest reminder that though orcas die at an alarming rate in captivity, SeaWorld has refused to free its remaining twenty-two whales.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Though the competition is often maligned for promoting stereotypes, the organization has made positive changes in recent years and remains the largest provider of scholarships for women in the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A recent NYU study of Donald’s Trump’s tweets has revealed the key trait in almost all viral content.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Go from being a couch potato to a couch professional, all while making money and enjoying a flexible schedule.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The movie adaptation of Jenny Han’s YA novel will bring substantial Asian-American representation to the big screen for the first time in two decades.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

No quick fix will ever replace a healthy lifestyle, and any diet that promises otherwise is a bad idea.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

While Christopher Nolan’s WWII production is getting rave reviews in the English-speaking world, some groups feel that the film glosses over their historical contributions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The transgender community is fighting for gender neutral public bathrooms, but they aren’t the only ones inconvenienced by the lack of them.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Inspiration porn, which objectifies disabled individuals by pitying or praising them, remains one of society’s most cringe-worthy mainstays.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Like everything else, veganism exists on a spectrum. Where do you land?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Where other female rappers have broken into the male-dominated world of hip-hop by out-manning their competition, Noname flips the script, delivering soft, dense lines of poetry.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Spurred by suppressions of conservative thought on colleges across the country, state lawmakers nationwide are enacting legislation to protect a right that has found its traditional protector and prosecutor reversed.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The DuVernay test, named after the African-American director, assesses films’ racial representation in the same way the Bechdel test did for gender inclusivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The College of Holy Cross is just the latest institution to consider changing its mascot to reflect the times, but moves like these are rarely the social justice victory they hope to be.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Arena’s second stint as the USMNT coach matches an old wolf with a team of young pups. Will he be able to rescue the U.S. from obscurity?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After more than nine seasons, the series has become an institution in the LGBT+ community. If it’s ever going to be mainstream, though, a few things need to change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

There are plenty of ways to celebrate antebellum society that don’t involve commemorating the Confederacy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Kamala Khan, a teenager growing up in Jersey City, uses the ordinariness of her life to subvert many of the stereotypes surrounding Islam in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Pop culture is full of problematic media, but finding pleasure in hip hop, ‘The Bachelor’ or ‘The Lord of the Rings’ doesn’t mean you can’t be critical.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The entertainment expo offered trailers and teasers galore, but, as usual, the biggest news was what Disney barely mentioned.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The BU student, who split her childhood between Romania and France, is developing software to keep child refugees safe by allowing them to communicate with humanitarian workers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The UMass student, who has a last name built for politics, built himself a coalition of supporters through grassroots campaigns and encouraging students to vote.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Russia, Trump and the moral vacuum of the modern GOP.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The far right’s favorite insult is a reflection of what scares them most.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In recent years, the network has produced numerous critically acclaimed, socially important dramas and comedies.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘New York Times’ copy editors’ walkout reveals the great paradox of modern journalism—there is more to cover but fewer resources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For a generation infamous for breaking from tradition, they seem particularly interested in their genetic heritage.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The series, which follows a band of wayward female wrestlers, seamlessly blends stereotype subversion into its ’80s training montages.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Technology has made the nonconsensual leaking of others’ explicit media into an epidemic, but the tech industry has some tricks up its sleeve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Theresa May and the British state are torn between appearing resolute in their demands and striking a deal that doesn’t hurt English citizens.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Once tasked with regulating industry and protecting the well-being of America’s natural world, the EPA has become a haven for anti-science and anti-environmentalism attitudes. Why? Because of Scott Pruitt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Political rhetoric has turned gun ownership into an untouchable issue that relies on paranoia and fearmongering. In reality, the conversation is simple.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their effort to ‘de-monetize’ videos with inappropriate content, the video site has arbitrarily punished the creators of wrestling commentary, leaving the entire industry reeling.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of the contiguous United States, patriotism looks a little different.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The Santa Clara University student, who will be traveling to Bolivia this summer to work with a female co-op producing sustainable clothing, weaves social justice into her sustainable clothing line.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The show “Uthando Nes’thembu,” which follows Musa Mseleku and his four wives, offers a glimpse into a society where polyamory is more normalized than in America.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

“Black Panther,” a film with a 90 percent African-American cast, needs to be successful to reiterate an important point to Hollywood—that audiences want representation.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Art has long been considered a means for artists to create new realities, but cultural sensitivity has challenged that license.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The YouTube star has admitted to preying on young, female fans, so why is he getting away with it?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The film, which is narrated by Samuel L. Jackson and sourced from Baldwin’s writing, poses questions that were as relevant at the time of their writing as they are today.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though she was indicted for involuntary manslaughter, Carter’s real crime was her subversion of society’s archaic notions of suicide, which treat suffering as morally preferable to relief.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At a time when campus shootings seem to happen every day, how will the Campus Carry Bill affect safety at Georgia colleges?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Hasan Minhaj, Sasheer Zamata and Trevor Noah are pushing viewers out of their comfort zones and making social justice center stage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Republican response to Obama’s Dodd-Frank Act, called the Financial Choice Act, undoes many of the safeguards put in place to prevent another recession.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Now that the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program is on the block, students like me have been forced to scramble for new plans to repay our loans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though much ink has been spilt decrying the social and political concerns of the structure, its ecological ramifications are jaw-dropping.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If you think topics like auto lending and Puerto Rico’s debt crisis can’t be funny, think again.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For the sixth year running, the company has released a handful of products dedicated to affirming their belief that people, like athletes, are defined by their actions, not their beliefs or sexual orientations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The real danger posed by terrorism is psychological, which means that the media is responsible for its potency.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Coach bought the designer to broaden its appeal to millennials, but the demographic has proved fickle in the past.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Counter to Trump’s logic, his decision will harm the world economically, environmentally and diplomatically.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Instead of listing all the things Trump does wrong, let’s talk about what motivates him to do so.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The long-awaited health care plan isn’t just another piece of shoddy legislation—it’s downright dangerous.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

On the bright side, the president’s tour of Saudi Arabia, Israel, Italy and Belgium could have been worse.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

For decades, stigma has discouraged women from reporting sexual assault. But have even deeper taboos suppressed men from reporting theirs?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From diplomatic insight to fart jokes, the Catholic community had plenty to say about the meeting of world leaders.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The first student to pursue a dual degree from two prestigious institutions also has a virtual reality music video titled ‘I Like.’

Students x

This girl would totally kill it on ‘Chopped.’

Responsive image
Students x

What started off as an after-school hobby turned into an empire for Alexandra Hehlen, who is working to change the fashion industry as we know it.

Responsive image
Students x

Mallori Bjerke, Boise State University student, has shown that being involved in multiple activities can help you to become a well-rounded student.

Responsive image
Responsive image

With Taco Bell harboring 32 percent of her blood content, Emma Lee Fischer captures the energy of concerts and the vibrant stories of the artists she photographs with her Canon 6D.

Responsive image

When a young local drowned in the ocean, the people of Corn Island never went near the ocean and most of them didn’t know how to swim, but Chapman University student had a solution for them.

Responsive image

The sophomore is now looking to give back to the organization that changed her life: the Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project.

Responsive image

Cornell University’s Caitlin Stanton is a force in the coding world who founded her own coding hackathon and program.

Responsive Image

Stanford senior Sandro Luna promotes nutrition among college students through Judo.

Responsive Image

Boost Linguistics, co-founded by Ethan Bresnahan, seeks to optimize human communication to prevent misinterpretation.

Responsive Image

Anna Agosta writes, sings and performs her own music hoping to make it big in her city of Chicago.

Responsive Image

With the support from the Prince of Saudi Arabia, this college athlete’s dreams might not be that far-fetched.

Responsive Image

After writing two books before the age of twenty, Sherron Stevens has also founded multiple businesses, including his latest venture, Bondfire Grill.

Responsive Image

Gus Barber, a University of Alaska Anchorage medical student, found a passion in rock climbing and hasn’t looked down since.

Responsive Image

How a college student quickly became an entrepreneur while simultaneously encouraging environmentalism and preservation.

Responsive Image

The Rayka team has developed the world’s first study abroad app where you can tailor your experience overseas based on student reviews.

Responsive Image

Olympic medalist Jackie Galloway spends her mornings practicing taekwondo and her afternoons in an engineering lab.

Responsive Image

Emily Ratté spent the summer interning at Global Zero, and hopes to continue to work on nuclear disarmament and improved relations between East Asia and the United States.

Responsive Image

UC Berkeley’s Adiba Khan has spearheaded a bill that would require California public colleges to provide on-campus access to medical pill abortions, but funding the measure has proved challenging.

Responsive Image

Despite being elected vice president of governmental affairs for Western Washington’s student government, Ana Ramirez, an undocumented immigrant and sophomore at the school, might be forced to step down from her position to avoid legal issues.

Responsive Image

With her Wordcradle software, Gamma Phi Beta sister Sharon Chen literally wrote the website on book-creation.

Responsive Image

After being inspired by the viral #BlackMenOfYale photo, the University of Cambridge’s Dami Adebayo recreated the iconic image to call attention to the lack of diversity at top-tier universities. And according to Adebayo, American colleges might have the answer.

Responsive Image

The University of Dallas’ student body president, Karmina Martinez Ruiz, reflects on being one of eleven children and the writing of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Responsive Image

Mothpuppy, a five-piece student band from Baltimore, takes full advantage of lead singer Morgan Murphy’s dense lyricism and fluttering falsetto.

Responsive Image

A lifelong fashion designer, Marist College’s Dylan Skinner is adjusting to the release of her second clothing line, Sticks & Stones, a casual departure from her formal background.

Responsive Image

Penn’s David Ongchoco, the founder of YouthHack, an organization that exposes young people in developing countries to tech opportunities, is paying forward the altruistic entrepreneurship that helped him.

Responsive Image

Wanbli Gamache, a student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, creates immersive spaces that aestheticize digital decay.

Responsive Image

From small-town Madagascar girl to successful singer, Viannason has high hopes for her energetic dancehall sound.

Responsive Image

Even though she’s just starting college, Sulahain has already worked a job that many graduates would be lucky to land.

Responsive Image

The self-designated ‘mom’ of her friend group, Nina Barnett created an app to make sure her friends are safe.

Responsive Image

Despite being undersized for a volleyball player, the University of Hawaii athlete is talented enough to play both indoor volleyball for his school and beach volleyball professionally.

Responsive Image

Hendricks, the co-founder of Sky Footwear, created the one-for-one sock company to provide the homeless with their most-requested item, as well as provide customers with an eye-catching accessory.

Responsive Image

After discovering that millions of people live with untreated respiratory diseases because detecting them is too expensive, Maya Varma created a spirometer cheap enough to be universally accessible.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

After being chosen as the first-ever recipient of a scholarship from Miranda Lambert, Vaus has begun racking up accolades as both a songwriter and performer.

Responsive Image

Perez is reaching a whole new branch of eSports enthusiasts with her outspoken personality and rousing commentary.

Responsive Image

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln student has already made state history as a two-time national pageant qualifier, in addition to being the first black title holder for both competitions.

Responsive Image

By using mundane objects to construct something stunningly intricate, the Sonoma State student’s twelve-foot-tall sculpture, ‘Connected,’ reflects the beauty of multiplicity.

Responsive Image

Originally an Architecture major at USF, Painter transferred schools and majors to improve her craft, a decision that has resulted in citywide commissions and a growing rapport in north Florida.

Responsive Image

Although Lin’s pursuits may be divergent, the freshman has already managed to make a name for herself with both her writing and her coding.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

At nineteen years old, the Harvard student has turned her childhood, intersectionality and politics into a wealth of stunning feminist poetry.

Responsive Image

As a recently relocated student herself, Abbey Millerbernd started the Transfer Student Organization to help new students deal with the social limbo of transferring.

Responsive Image

The rising senior is currently developing her company, College Bound, as well as preparing to present a TEDx Youth talk next month.

Responsive Image

As a rising sophomore and Wilhelmina model, Greco shows the world that fashion and science not only go together, they work beautifully.

Responsive Image

After the suicides of two freshmen, Lloyd founded the Tell Me About Your Day movement to create a support system on campus.

Responsive Image

Yih’s first business venture gives prospective students a fresh perspective of campuses across the country.

Responsive Image

The Wesleyan University English major and his friend, Linne Halpern, hope to democratize review-writing with their online magazine.

Responsive Image

The UMBC student discovered her passion for theater while performing educational plays for kids, where she teaches lessons about race and tolerance in ways that children can understand.

Responsive Image

Courtlynd ‘Justice’ Mallory is the creator of Werk, an intuitive website and app that allows students to find and apply for work according to their major.

Responsive Image

Sacramento City College student Parker Newman is making a name for himself in the stand-up community for his dark, sharp humor and endless stream of self-deprecation.

Responsive Image

By creating a system in which athletes manage other athletes, the Cornell students hope to end the trend of professional athletes severely mismanaging their money.

Responsive Image

In her writing, the Pratt student confronts the intangibility of discrimination by focusing on its specifics: language, deportation, stereotyping, self-doubt and trauma, among others.

Responsive Image

After Kylie Kuhns lost her sister to leukemia, a fundraiser she created to finance a summer camp eventually turned into a non-profit that helps other cancer victims.

Responsive Image

Citrus College student and comedian Caleb Kline is making the transgender community more accessible, one joke at a time.

Responsive Image

A look into the burgeoning world of eSports through two of the college competitors who are helping shape its future.

Responsive Image

On this month’s ‘Meet the President,’ the Red Raider talks taking criticism with a grain of salt, except when it comes to his guacamole.

Responsive Image

Messiah College student Carissa Gehman talks about what it takes to win a national title in the newly emerging sport of field hockey.

Responsive Image

The indie rock group, helmed by two Music Productions majors, has battled against the realities of distance to produce their signature emotive sound.

Responsive Image

Meme Cisse, a fourth-year student at the College of New Jersey, combined her West African roots with a ’90s sensibility for her Black Student Union’s annual fashion show.

Responsive Image

The Pomona College student spends his free time campaigning for a carbon tax, the single most promising step in the process of combatting climate change.

Responsive Image

Photographer and Kappa Kappa Gamma sister Sarah Schecker, a rising junior in NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, captures the unseen side of the world by looking beyond the simple shots.

Responsive Image

Vinesh Kannan, a Computer Science major at the Illinois Institute of Technology, is the co-founder of Omnipointment, a start-up designed to make group work a little less terrible.

Responsive Image

USC student, filmmaker and New Dehli native Aman Adlakha reflects on screening his short film, ‘The Spaceman,’ at Cannes and the crossroads of Indian cinema.

Responsive Image

The rising sophomore and STEAM pioneer is using her skills as a front-end developer to inspire and mentor others.

Responsive Image

An epiphany in her middle school band class led the Clemson student into the field of medical research, for which she received two prestigious awards this year.

Responsive Image

Poet and UCLA student Rhiannon McGavin talks about her favorite poets, working up to fiction and writing alongside her friends in The Love-Inns.

Responsive Image

After struggling with a biracial heritage and conservative upbringing that left her feeling alienated, Paraskeva created the website to communicate a message of self-love and care, regardless of appearance.

Responsive Image

With his company, Slice Capital, Shah plans to disrupt the investment market by creating a system in which users can fund start-ups with little of the traditional risk.

Responsive Image

If you like the idea of getting free food for doing nothing, then you’ll love Pocket Points, the brainchild of Mitch Gardner and Rob Richardson.

Responsive Image

A foster care child and a high school mother, Carmen Noyola overcame incredible odds to make it to college. Now she’s planning to fix the broken system she came from.

Responsive Image

The Whittier College junior was racing professionally before she got her license and has equally ambitious plans for the motorsports industry.

Responsive Image

The UCLA student behind the famous Do Something campaigns Teens for Jeans and Shower Songs was recently recognized by ABC and ‘HerCampus’ for her service.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

As part of the ’50 States-50 Lawns Challenge,’ Rodney Smith Jr. is promoting altruism and community involvement (as well as yard maintenance) through his efforts.

Responsive Image

Brennan Tyler, an Architecture major with a creative eye, sketched the paintings as a way of commemorating the group that helped him find his artistic center.

Responsive Image

After entering into a contest on the ‘Today’ show, Speech Pathology major Samantha Watts won the money to help her pay for school after her dad’s fight with cancer.

Responsive Image

The Marymount Manhattan College student and actress channelled her experience as a biracial woman to play the role, which is set in 1930s America.

Responsive Image

Being ranked the fourth-best player in the world isn’t too bad for a full-time college student.

Responsive Image

From growing up in the inner city, to serving in the Marine Corps and eventually attending Yale, Hale has accomplished more than even he could have dreamed.

Responsive Image

Allred started her company, Tossd, to donate money to a special needs orphanage in Cuenca, Ecuador.

Responsive Image

Turner, who is currently interning at NASA to study geologic processes on Mars and the moon, also serves in U.S. Army Reserves.

Responsive Image

This Colgate University student’s clothing line brings plastic to the beach—in your swimwear.

Responsive Image

Satvik Sethi, a sophomore at SUNY Binghamton, is working to create a community of friends for those suffering with mental illness.

Responsive Image

David Butcher is heating up Ohio with his smoked meats and tasty sauces served from a truck.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The sophomore is currently developing a prototype for an expandable shoe, which will help those who can’t afford a new pair each year.

Responsive Image

Alexandra Chumney’s life is a balancing act between dance classes and business courses.

Responsive Image

The entrepreneurial junior is bridging the gap between talent and management, starting with the business dreams of fellow students.

Responsive Image

Stukel, who is the founder of Strums & Strides, has run marathons on every continent to raise money to help Musicians on Call bring music to hospitals.

Responsive Image

The volleyball player and ocean preservationist, who holds the record for the most aces in NCAA Division III Women’s College Volleyball, spearheaded the team’s effort to wear 100 percent recycled jerseys.

Responsive Image

The Iowa State student is a co-founder of KinoSol and inventor of the Orenda food dehydrator, which allows impoverished areas to preserve food and reduce hunger levels.

Responsive Image

The Acting major and Nebraska Wesleyan University student has performed in a variety of productions, but is making a name for himself as a Shakespearean savant.

Responsive Image

Last year, Athena Del Rosario came out about her experience as a trans athlete, and is now embracing her role as more than just a soccer player.

Responsive Image

After being cut from WSU, Maui-native and pitcher Ryley Widell transferred to an Arizona junior college, where he then proceeded to prove everyone wrong.

Responsive Image

Green, who performs as one half of 2G’s Music, as well as studies Accounting and Finance at Western Michigan University, has found rabid reception for his anthemic cuts.

Responsive Image

Michael Rodriguez, a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania, is the son of Cuban immigrants whose sacrifices have helped inspire his desire to succeed.

Responsive Image

More than fifty thousand college students are homeless, but for a variety of political reasons, the crisis rarely receives attention. Students Kevin Lee and Brooke Evans are working to fix that.

Responsive Image

Lee, who launched a successful clothing brand in Korea before coming to the U.S., has a delicate touch and a strong work ethic.

Responsive Image

Two groups of students, one from Princeton and the other from Yale, have created products that they claim can seriously reduce your after-drinking grog. So, for science, I put them to the test.

Responsive Image

In our survey, the Bobcats’ newest student body president admits to a predilection for scotch, steak and, if the mood is right, occasionally some very good migas.

Responsive Image

Samuel Robbins, an art student and recipient of a Butler Travel Grant for Photography, traveled to the West Coast to find something profound.

Responsive Image

The performer, an Acting major at Coastal Carolina University who’s starred in a number of productions, recently returned from touring Israel with a dancing troupe that performed traditional Hebrew dances.

Responsive Image

The Penn State student, who was inspired to help the less fortunate during her family trips to India, is the first American to win the International Children’s Peace Prize.

Responsive Image

Alongside Film majors Keith Schnabel and Sammi Schenkel, the Ferris State student helped produce ‘Stigmatic,’ a close-to-home film that turns the statistics of addiction into realities.

Responsive Image

Matthew Campagna, a Computer Science major at Case Western Reserve University, is co-founder of Reflexion Interactive Technologies and co-creator of the most efficient way to diagnose concussions.

Responsive Image

The UPenn student, who’s majoring in Economics, competes in water sports internationally and has been sponsored by Red Bull, GoPro and Roxy, among others.

Responsive Image

The young actor and sophomore helped tell the story of those wrongfully forced into internment camps.