Students

Responsive image
Students /// Thoughts x

Money can be tight when you’re a student, but these tips will help you save while still making (and forgetting) memories.

By

Responsive image
Students /// Thoughts x

Being an ABC (American-born Chinese) is not as easy as 1, 2, 3.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Among other relevant facts, the BBC felt the need to emphasize David Katz’ lack of personal hygiene.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The sophomore explores issues in the black community through her discomfiting visual art.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Keith Corso had an ambitious vision: designing a bus system that doesn’t totally suck.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Tina Li, a freshman UCLA student, launched a sock business called ‘HapiThreads,’ named after her goal of wanting to spread happiness to others.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Kaylah Griffith wants to combat human trafficking with the Exodus Cry project.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Rising junior Mike Zivetti’s skater-oriented designs reflect his emphasis on cultivating the arts in an increasingly STEM-oriented society.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Ithaca College student has spent his entire life creating music, and now he’s ready to share it with the world.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Dixie State senior and his brother have participated in film competitions across the country.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The University of Iowa student has sold hundreds of handmade pendants, which she designs with everything from birthstones to geodes.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Oklahoma City University junior is a double threat with his major focus in violin and piano performance.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Psychology student Gilmar created the online safe haven ‘Asking Jude’ so that no one feels alone.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Student documentary filmmaker Angelo Thomas finds purpose in film, saying, ‘You have the power to change your life.’

By

Responsive image
Students x

Jacob Hurrell-Zitelman founded Quick Sip Cold Brew Coffee around the idea of specialty cold brew coffee during his freshman year at Trinity.

By

Responsive image
Students x

A simple Facebook event led UC Berkeley’s Natalea Schager to fly out to Cusco, Peru in hopes of preserving the Incan Ruins in an AR app.

By

Responsive image
Students x

University of Texas student Jacqueline Gibson is using her personal experiences and education to help the underrepresented people in her communities.

By

Responsive image
Students x

How scholarship winner Chloe Green is working toward food justice and security.

By

Responsive image
Students x

As a graduate of the University of North Texas and current student at Texas A&M-Commerce, Whitaker is coming up with something foreign.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Students x

The UC Berkeley student has sparked a new and exhilarating path for herself by becoming a stand-up comedian.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Influenced by two important women in her life, Healey decided to join the committee for Elon’s 24-hour dance marathon to raise money for the local children’s hospital.

By

Responsive image
Students x

In an industry with an abundance of mainstream talent, Allison Altschiller is paving her own way through music.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Andrew Watring of American University confronts the issue of racism in classic theater in his bold new play ‘Shakespeare is a White Supremacist.’

By

Responsive image
Students x

The University of Florida senior used her hobby to make her favorite singer, Lorde, a gift.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Many students dream of working as a professional writer. This Columbia College senior out of small-town Alabama is living that dream.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Stanford senior is on her campaign to re-think how Girl Scout cookies are made.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The ambitious University of Delaware student has high hopes for her medical career, but still manages to stay plugged in to the needs of her community.

By

Responsive image
Students x

As president of Texas Engineering World Health, Alina Schroeder has led her team to create a low-cost incubator that can treat children with jaundice.

By

Responsive image
Students x

RCC’s Vidmar is a writer for Huffington Post Teen Blog and MTV Founders, and an advocate for community colleges everywhere.

By

Responsive image
Students x

University of Miami’s Alice Kim dedicated her recent EP to her grandparents after spending a summer with them.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Admired for her outspoken nature, the MSU student explores taboo topics within the Muslim community with both a sharp humor and intelligent tone.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Through his startup Verb Energy, Inc., Yale senior Matt Czarnecki cleverly combines food and caffeine.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Miami-based student showcases the power of music and self-reflection.

By

Responsive image
Students x

As an accounting major, Petito enjoys helping low to moderate income people with their taxes.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The student-created guide is changing the campus landscape when it comes to affordability.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The junior has made a huge impact through her involvement in student government.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Cornell University architect wants to solve two of Tobago’s problems with one barge.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Pedro Cañas, a sophomore at New York University, composes beautiful songs that make an impact on all who listen to them.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Li is making an impact on campus through the Asian Student Union.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The University of Georgia’s 2018 commencement speaker and former intern in Washington, D.C., has plans to return to the capital.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Spearheaded by senior Vanjessica Gladney, the Penn History of Slavery Project has colleges across the country reassessing their ties to slavery.

By

Responsive image
Students x

An interview with USC student Taylor Seamans, a computational neuroscience major and the founder of Inbtwn. Magazine.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Burke’s pun-loving, eccentric stencils took off by word of mouth after she began designing shirts for herself. Soon, Ides was born. 

By

Responsive image
Students x

As state chair of the country’s largest Republican student federation, Ariana Rowlands is bringing aggressive, unapologetic conservatism to southern California.

By

Responsive image
Students x

A physical breakdown led visual artist and poet William Chappell to an unlikely catharsis.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Valdez’s latest award-winning poetry collection centers on environment, heritage and her favorite book.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The UCLA student is empowering others through her works of art and is aiming to destigmatize mental illness.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Burg, a music industry major who mixes R&B, soul, indie and folk in his songs, is releasing the second part of his three-part EP series in May.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The founder of the Happiness Project has a simple, yet incredibly difficult mission.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Student entrepreneur Anthony Valiulis has business sense in his blood. Yet his own path into the business world was far from predetermined.

By

Responsive image
Students x

A conversation with Sarah Adler, co-founder of Spoon University.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Drew Langhart, a student at Arizona State University, helped to develop an app that encourages stronger relationships between students and faculty.

By

Responsive image
Students x

College senior Lillian found a new way to clap back at racist, chauvinistic Tinder messages: making them into art.

By

Responsive image
Students x

In an artform full of imitators, the UCLA student’s distinctive style of photography sets her far apart from her contemporaries.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Sabriyya Pate is leading an initiative to convince Duke’s administration that students need access to free menstrual products.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Film has intrigued Austen Sparke for years, and since becoming a film major, he’s directed a short film titled ‘Murder Go Round.’

By

Responsive image
Students x

College senior Lyndcee Barragato wants to provide special needs students with a sense of community and belonging with her nonprofit.

By

Responsive image
Students x

As she attends school at Columbia College Chicago, Caruso also runs Princess Gigi’s Fund for the Medically Fabulous.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Although she’s only a sophomore, Ellinore Folkesson has already made progress on her campus as she fights for social justice with Amnesty International.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Wolff, a student at both Brown and RISD, talks about their art, the challenges of college and their inspirations.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Hong Kong University student Jessie Yang co-founded The Wandering Voice in order to create a platform for minority groups.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Malik has launched an environmental campaign at George Washington University to ‘Save a Million’ pieces of paper.

By

Responsive image
Students x

With a spark of interest from childhood, the NYU senior Ericsson Hartfield brings a contemporary breath to the classical instrument of the violin.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Aliyah Christian from the University of Southern California is challenging the stereotype of college students by pursuing all her dreams, all with passion.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Jay’Len Boone is making an impact on his college campus with the group ‘Voices in Praise’ to help UTSA join other Texas gospel choirs.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Dakota Herman has always loved drawing and the arts, but now she wants to take her artwork to the next, more permanent level: tattooing.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Whether it’s in journalism, poetry or fiction, Pulgar has a keen eye for criticism and good wit.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Seton Hall’s Meg Daniels and her classmates bring ‘faith, sports and fun’ to Puerto Rico on her school’s recent mission trip.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Through his research on Indian-Americans who served in the U.S. Army in World War I, Kalo shows that the immigrant community contributed to building America as a nation.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Niki Padgett has taken her longtime love of science and space and spun them into a prestigious internship at NASA.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Through her work with the largest commercial art gallery in Alabama, Walker aims to educate others on social issues.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Though she’s only a sophomore, Oteri already has vast experience in the fashion world.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Sofía Campoamor, the first female in the group’s century-long history, discusses the pressures and opportunities of the position.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Morgan Witherspoon, the executive director of the event, raises money for children’s hospitals by standing for the kids who can’t.

By

Responsive image
Students x

With her love of beauty, mythology, nature and culture, Sofia Gilmore-Montero writes and edits for her campus newspaper, Driftwood.

By

Responsive image
Students x

After realizing how expensive Uber rides can be, Matthew Vega-Sanz and his twin brother developed their own solution: LulaRides.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Pace University’s Douglas Dillon is a young businessman that has found success in both his Hanta Rods and Reels business and the theatre.

By

Responsive image
Students x

AJ Davis’s new film confronts the unglamorous realities of alcohol and opioid addiction.

By

Responsive image
Students x

After losing her cat in a car accident, Blythe Serrano hopes to prevent others experiencing such a loss by creating a light-up collar for dogs and cats.

By

Responsive image
Students x

NYU Abu Dhabi’s Khairunnisa Mentari Semesta and her team won iGEM with their E.coLAMP device, which detects the bacteria E. coli in foods.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Jaylen Jones, a Morehouse College sophomore, is giving back to his community with his ascension organization Achieve M.O.O.R.E.

By

Responsive image
Students x

A soon-to-be-published illustrator and social media influencer, Monique ‘Momo’ Le has taken to online platforms to discuss representation.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Artist McKenzie Cunningham uses non-representational forms and untraditional vehicles to flesh out her wild artistic vision.  

By

Responsive image
Students x

The Muslim-American activist who created the Hijab Project has returned to the national spotlight with a new mission: fighting an Obama-era program called CVE.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Chávez has used the platform as an opportunity to focus on making the 140-year-old school more inclusive, but it hasn’t been easy. 

By

Responsive image
Students x

A conversation with Iman Siddiqi, the UC, Irvine, student behind the first student-funded refugee scholarship in the country.

By

Responsive image
Students x

“Vagina Monologues” co-director and sorority sister Briana Grogan is part of a new wave of intersectional empowerment.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Inspired by a personal experience, Danya Sherman created KnoNap to help detect and prevent drug-facilitated sexual assault.

By

Responsive image
Students x

After her victory in the ‘Master the Mainframe’ competition, the 22-year-old Anna McKee from the University of North Texas found new inspiration for her future career.

By

Responsive image
Students x

USC’s Cameron Kostopoulos directs his future in cinematography, using his YouTube channel to make his debut in the film industry.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Berkeley freshman, Eleanor Hammond, is treading a path to greatness: writing the next big feminist musical.

By

Responsive image
Students x

The USC senior showcased the beauty of the South and the amazing things that female artists can accomplish with her first solo photography exhibition.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

These careers are the most likely, statistically speaking, to help you become a billionaire.

By

Responsive image
Students x

NYU’s Isabella Bruder is a YouTube force to be reckoned with.

By

Responsive image
Students x

‘I think people still think opera singers only scream and are fat. I would say screaming is not what we do.’

By

Responsive image
Students x

Stephanie Everett, draws from her own experiences in her one-person play “It’s Fine, I’m Fine” to raise awareness and inspire others.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Student Body President Savannah Putnam is bringing change to UNC Chapel Hill.

By

Responsive image
Students x

University of Maryland senior, Emily Starobin, hopes to catch a glimpse of the Maryland state insect with the Baltimore Checkerspot Project.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Students x

Travel and daily interactions with people inspire this Boston University student’s music.

By

Responsive image
Students x

Students x

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive image
Students x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

But he makes them fashion.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Before launching YouMakeYou, Triolo found herself taking time off from university after suffering from post-concussion syndrome.

Responsive Image

A dog isn’t mankind’s only friend.

Responsive Image

Surround yourself with stories and fictional worlds as you grow as a writer.

Responsive Image

The 19-year-old freshman at the University of Arizona, Stanley Wong, is leading an initiative to combine clean energy and agriculture.

Responsive Image

Sharaya Roberts, soccer player from Northwest University, turns her passion for the sport into a community building tool for children in Africa.

Responsive Image

As the founder of JCSoft Inc., the MIT undergraduate is a rising talent with the potential to change the gaming industry forever.

Responsive Image

Jacob Pavlecic’s decision to run for office began with the question, ‘Why not us?’

Responsive Image

Rowan College’s Lauren Purnell combats homeless stereotypes with her blog called Naming the Homeless.

Responsive Image

Georgia College senior Mackenzie Roux wants to restore joy, hope, love, peace and the simplicity of childhood with her nonprofit.

Responsive Image

This young American artist had enough ambition to pack her bags and move halfway across the world to Israel.

Responsive Image

Kaia Del Sol proves that you don’t have to lead the typical college life to find purpose and happiness.

Responsive Image

They may not be books or films, but games can still tell captivating stories that players love.

Responsive Image

Rice University’s sophomore works to start important conversations about domestic and relationship violence even before it has a chance to affect the community.

Responsive Image

Annie Noelker is bringing new angles to her photography by accompanying it with her writing and music.

Responsive Image

For UNC’s rower Kate Hickert, ‘If every woman fights with all the power inside of her, I know that we can level the playing field and amaze everyone.’

Responsive Image

DePaul University’s Bushra Amiwala is proving to the world that young people can engage in politics and make positive changes in their society.

Responsive Image

A musician and senior at NYU, Yasmin Williams wants you to play the guitar — but you probably won’t play it like she does.

Responsive Image

University of Texas student Niti Majethia uses her experiences in life, like moving to America when she was young, to inspire her poetry writing.