Pages

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

‘That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron.’ Fans of Kentaro Miura’s beast of a dark fantasy series reflect on 30 years of storytelling and mourn the death of its creator.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In a genre that often features straightforward, simple love interests, this series adds subtle characterization to accompany its dating sim setting.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This romance novel by Mariana Zapata sparks nuanced discussions on women’s fiction, the power of starting over and indie book publishing.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Last year, Disney+ announced they would be giving this literary phenomenon a second chance at an adaptation. This new TV series already has the potential to win the hearts of fans and first-time audiences alike.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Using the lens of the Korean American experience, this essay collection presents a fiery look at the subtle ways that white supremacy manifests itself.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Several media properties take inspiration from the classic William Golding novel, but too many fail to capture what made it great.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

So, you’ve written your novel. Now what? Getting an agent and publishing deal the traditional way is harder than ever these days. Luckily, there’s a solution for that.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Glennon Doyle’s recent release has topped bestsellers lists and has inspired fans everywhere to listen to their gut instincts, follow their hearts and, most importantly, overcome anything.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Complete with twists and an unexpected ending, this series cannot be passed up by anyone who loves young adult mystery novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

When the weather is nice but you don’t want to do anything, pick up a new novel. These anticipated drops will give you all the warm feelings of the season.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Why are teens drawn to the genre and why did its popularity seem to quickly fade out? It might make an unexpected comeback soon.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The beloved space opera comic is soon moving into its second part, and longtime supporters couldn’t be more ecstatic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Diverse representation in romantic fiction can reaffirm how the genre adds value to the literary community.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Being a student journalist is a great way to give your peers a voice and make connections that’ll last a lifetime.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The website, affectionately known as AO3, has redefined the way fan fiction is cataloged and created and has reinvigorated the discourse surrounding the nature of fandom.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With competition at an all-time high, you need to work every advantage.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This poetry collection by francine j. harris is a challenging work that contends with race, society and loneliness.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Thanks to markets like Amazon that have made it easier than ever to access books, authors no longer have to wait to be given a green light.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Alicia Cook’s newest poetry collection is blunt, not only about the difficulties of healing from pain and depression, but also about how worthwhile it is to find hope.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Constantly overshadowed by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the DCEU is in a tough spot. Here is a potential reimagining of what can come next.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Because this type of writing is unlike anything you’d typically find in professional or academic settings, it can be difficult to get the hang of. Here are some tips to help your writing process.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Does Alex Marzano-Lesnevich’s approach to creating fictitious scenarios in a work about a real court case still make their story nonfiction?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds x

Perfect for any lover of the written word, these shows will give you some insights into the writing, reading and publishing that goes on in the literary world.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Publishers are paying users in the book community on the app, also known as BookTok, to promote their books, leaving some people with mixed feelings.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The friendly nature and casual language of the late chef’s 2000 memoir allows it to be a book that can be loved and enjoyed by all.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The main characters in Jennifer Donnelly’s novel will find a way into readers’ hearts while reminding them that while the world will go on stupid and brutal, they do not.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her debut romance novel, Kate Stayman-London uses a reality show to explore how the media portrays plus-size women.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Mikki Kendall’s essay collection argues that since its inception, the feminist movement has benefited white women, while leaving behind women of color, cis-gender women, trans women and disabled women.

By

Responsive image
College /// Pages x

From the first word of your poems to sending them in for publication, here are a few tips for new and old writers alike.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With her genuine writing and diverse, complex characters, this popular novelist is leaving romance readers excited for more.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In a twist on the isekai anime genre, the devil is transported from an alternate world into modern-day Japan and must make a living as a fast-food employee.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The anime presents a diverse array of characters, each with a distinct motivation for their shared quest to attain the wish-granting Holy Grail.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Jude Ellison Sady Doyle explores the collision of voyeurism and misogyny that causes us to relish the fall of famous women.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Darcie Little Badger’s young adult debut is a charming story of magical realism featuring Lipan Apache representation and a murder mystery waiting to be solved.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Dr. Cole’s dieting book has received celebrity praise, but it’s facing public backlash for spreading harmful misinformation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Then-futuristic books and films have featured tools like FaceTime, credit cards, 3D printers and more before they became part of everyday society.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre has met resounding success outside of Asia, and translated texts continue to become increasingly popular and accessible.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Pages x

From battling toxic masculinity to teaching about the power of Pinterest, Lisa Kay Adams strives to critique gender norms and the limits of the romance genre.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In the final installment of the romantic-comedy movie series, Lara Jean Covey’s optimistic spirit is refreshing for those who are unlucky in love.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

George Saunders’ book provides a guiding framework to aspiring writers by giving new life to classic Russian tales.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Check out these novels before their film versions hit the theaters and streaming services.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Nina Karnikowski’s upcoming book offers advice on how to explore the world in a more sustainable way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Take a glimpse at the accomplishments of this talented young woman who overcame a speech disorder and went on to shape the future for creative writers.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Alexandria Bellefleur’s new novel is the perfect piece for readers who are looking for a cozy and sweet romance to spend their Friday night cuddled up on the couch with.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The art of constructing a language adds an extra dimension to world-building and allows deeper immersion into books, films and games.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The latest trend within Instagram’s literary community has only increased in popularity, but it may risk alienating readers through its promotion of consumerism.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Getting into a new superhero may seem daunting, but these Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and crossover series can help you do just that.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The romance genre has mostly been composed of female writers who cater to women. But today I’m here to recommend a novel by a male writer that is catered to … well, everyone.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

They aren’t only for those who have lived their whole lives. Start yours now.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The hit Netflix series evokes contemporary gender inequality by looking at the dramatic day-to-day existence in 1813 high-society London.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Keep an eye out for these six releases that feature bisexual and lesbian representation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Netflix’s new hit series features a complex main character with awe-inspiring intellect, as well as a fast-paced plot.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

The Hawaiian influencer released her new cookbook, which promotes eating more fruits and vegetables to alleviate what ails you.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Don’t look for the usual cliches here. This series is about humans fighting gods in a one-on-one tournament, and the fate of humanity is at stake.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

They are usually the punchline of Hogwarts, but here’s why they are actually amazing.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Inspired by Ross Gay’s book of essays, I reflect on the beauty and uncertainty of the future.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The classical literature aesthetic is far too Eurocentric and lacks diversity. So how can we change that?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The premise of Lucy Foley’s latest thriller novel is pretty similar to Agatha Christie’s most famous mystery book.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

As you look for safe ways to spend time with your household or pod, this set of books may be just what you are looking for.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

As readers await the release of ‘A Court of Silver Flames,’ it’s a good time to revisit the series’  unbelievably intricate worldbuilding, strong women and realistic character development.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet’s most recent collection shows how she breaches the norms of traditional poetry. She truly is a poet for the modern age.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In Patrick Radden Keefe’s book, a reporter dives deep into the murky depths of the history of Northern Ireland’s 30-year conflict.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Wall Street Journal writer Joseph Epstein’s recent opinion piece was incredibly flawed and misogynistic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In recent years, the platform has seemingly chosen to reward books with a lot of hype instead of judging solely by quality.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The annual challenge allows users to set reading goals for themselves. However, does it pressure us, or actually motivate us to read?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Although many of them are overused in present-day media, fiction can still be original and teach powerful lessons.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This retelling of a classic tale follows two sapphic women who are determined to overthrow a dystopian patriarchal society.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds x

Beyond just using the format to have their books read aloud, some writers are starting to use the medium to narrate their work in new, innovative ways.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The whole world has been forced to slow down and become isolated, which is why many people have turned to poetic literature to cope.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This revolutionary graphic memoir explores the author’s cathartic journey to identifying as nonbinary and asexual.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel fills our early 2000s musical hole while also showing a scary portrait of the times.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Instapoets like Rupi Kaur have amassed millions of followers who adore their work, but is any of it actually good?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Unlike the previous 2001 anime adaptation, the more recent series maintains the spirit seen in the original Japanese comic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet and photographer has grown since the publication of her last book.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

While this common trope in media may be idealistic, it causes problems by creating unrealistic models of men.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

These works confront America’s deeply racist history and present, and at the same time, explore healing, accompanied by bursts of joy, light and love.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The movie, based on the book of the same name, falls short of the unsettling themes its predecessor succeeds at. Its failure results in a film that doesn’t know what it is.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Take a book, leave a book. These book exchanges allow for both self-enlightenment and an interconnected community, all while showing that following your passions can lead to real change.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The Netflix show is based on ‘The Turn of the Screw’ and other stories by Henry James. Here are the similarities and differences.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The latest book from Joshua Whitehead is a deeply moving novel about what home means to a queer Native American kid who is struggling with his identity.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

More well-known for her young adult work, V.E. Schwab has penned a novel about a protagonist who has acquired immortality — but at an incredible cost.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With the recent discovery of possible life on Earth’s twin, here are some sci-fi books about life on the planet.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author is making a name for herself with popular horror novels that feature underrepresented sapphic characters.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet’s forthcoming book is a collection of poetry that embraces change — a topic that is well-needed during these chaotic times.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Set in an unfortunate future, this novel tells of war, family and the need to find something to believe in.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The R&B icon’s memoir is a story chronicled by a woman who has known brokenness and imprisonment, but has found her light at the end of the tunnel.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Not everyone can handle hardcore horror, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some creepy fall reads. If you’re a scaredy-cat, like me, this list is for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

J. K. Rowling’s beloved book series has warmed readers’ hearts for decades. What makes them better than their film counterparts?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This special time highlights the power of language to challenge our social, political and cultural assumptions.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This self-help book from Nina Karnikowski will open your mind to the possibilities that arise from deciding to chase your dreams.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Amanda Montell’s 2019 book examines how adjusting the words that we use can alter how gender and sexuality are considered in today’s society — for the better.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Most readers already know the story, so how does exploring the tale from the perspective of the iconic vampire bring something new to the beloved series?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Helen Hoang’s novel paints a rich portrait of an autistic heroine, captivating readers by avoiding one-dimensional stereotypes that have long persisted in media.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre provides the perfect mix of escapism and grounding insight when ‘normal’ feels far off.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This amazing feat in storytelling and artistic vision delves into areas often left unexplored by graphic novels and horror.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Paper lovers have turned to the video-sharing app to forge their own peaceful corner on a platform full of chaos.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

If you find yourself short on room, here are some ways to organize your literature collection without shelling out more money for extra bookcases.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is likely the most famous composer ever, but did you know he had an older sister who was just as talented as he was?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The ever-popular series uses incredible world-building to offer a critique of those that invoke a higher power to justify their influence.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her 2019 book, the comedian beautifully articulates a fascination with the ordinary, which just might be the key to true happiness, especially during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Few authors captured the human experience, particularly the Black experience, with as much nuance as her.

Responsive Image

This digital comic blends manga influences with Disney-inspired artwork to create a compelling tale of romance by the sea.

Responsive Image

Kacen Callender’s young adult novel features a queer trans person of color amid friendships, love and a heartwarming journey of self-acceptance.

Responsive Image

The genre can be fickle with its trends. However, this series seems to have the hang of these new fads with its fresh take on old tropes.

Responsive Image

The author’s second novel, which follows a grandmother and granddaughter, puts family and community at the forefront but lacks balance in its storytelling.

Responsive Image

HBO’s show offers a crystal clear picture of why communities need new ways to resolve conflicts and combat interpersonal violence.

Responsive Image

This plot device is one of the most overdone romantic clichés out there. Should it be left behind, or is there a way to make it new again?

Responsive Image

The touching but heartwrenching World War II novel explores a Jewish girl’s hope-filled journey to find community in a war-ravaged Germany.

Responsive Image

The book is full of social media, insane baked goods and a love story you can’t help but root for.

Responsive Image

The Lee Chang-dong film adaptation of the critically acclaimed author’s short story may have changed a few details, but it maintains the spirit of the work.

Responsive Image

Karen M. McManus’ young adult mystery novel both upholds and defies the tropes of the classic ’80s movie.

Responsive Image

Surfing the internet might take time away from your beloved books, but these blogs are the perfect companions to your favorite novels.

Responsive Image

The novel explores the long process of a guarded teenager finding belonging in her last foster home after a lifetime of letdowns.

Responsive Image

The novel’s heartbreaking exploration of divorce and loss allows its exquisite friendships and familial connections to take center stage.

Responsive Image

In her new book, Brit Bennett dissects extremely relevant issues with memorable characters and excellent storytelling.

Responsive Image

Have you always wanted to start a journal, but didn’t know where to begin? Try one of these simple techniques to get started on your daily journaling journey.

Responsive Image

Scott O’Connor has a unique and fearless writing style that will immerse you in the novel and make you feel like you’re part of the story.

Responsive Image

Victor LaValle’s story blends fantastical elements with the very real issues of racism and violence, all against the backdrop of the urban landscape.