News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After sexual harassment claims, the company is trying to find ways to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of its riders.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After making promises he failed to keep, Trump is making it harder for transgender citizens to be accepted and treated fairly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

A student-started petition has suggested ‘hippos’ or ‘riverhorses’ in places of the Colonials, a term they claim is too deeply tied to systemic oppression.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With a population of about 30,000 transgender individuals, Lahore becomes the home of Pakistan’s first ever school for transgender students.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

According to his lawyer, Cosby received too harsh of a sentence, which they claim is partly a result of the court allowing so many women to testify against him.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For an event that claims to celebrate free speech, Wolf has come under fire for speaking too freely.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The father of Meadow Pollack says he doesn’t want money or restitution, he simply wants to expose Scot Peterson as a coward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Hannity was just recently discovered to be the third mysterious client of Michael Cohen and he won’t stop denying it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

T-Mobile and Sprint have announced plans to combine companies, despite uncertainty as to whether the Justice Department will allow the merger.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an era of free nipples and female empowerment, dress codes feel more regressive each day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fascists try to hide in plain sight on social media by using dog whistles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Imagine: Instead of just making jokes about problems, someone made a show about actually trying to fix them?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Support for Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen is taking a severe toll on the civilian population and the U.S.’s foreign policy is a contributing factor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Breaking down the recent events surrounding Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and how they could impact democracy going forward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Palestinians have taken a stand in Gaza, and they are demanding that they be heard and given the basic human rights that they deserve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Without any actions of her own, the Princess has landed a milestone in the modernization of the royal family.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Christina Garcia, a key member of TIME Magazine’s #MeToo cover, has been accused of a slew of sexually inappropriate advances by male staff members.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The actress recently came out as gay, a declaration that has much more significance than meets the eye.

Pages x

“Whatever you are feeling right now, there is a mathematical certainty that someone is feeling that exact thing.”

Responsive image
Pages x

Don’t let your nightmares of high school English deter you: These essays will blow you away.

Responsive image
Responsive image

The acclaimed author and race-relations specialist will bring a political bent to the comic book staple.

Responsive image

PSA: Female authors aren’t penning novels with the intent of having half the world’s population avoid their literature.

Responsive image

By underscoring the quotidian details of trans women’s lives, Vergara hopes to discredit the sensationalism surrounding the community.

Responsive Image

Just in time for summer, use these reads to help you navigate your next existential crisis with ease.

Responsive Image

In his new book, ‘The Burning Maze,’ Riordan emphasizes representation and diversity without it taking over characters’ identities.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re at the beach or snuggled up on the couch, brighten your summer with some of the hottest new memoirs.

Responsive Image

Because representation matters, even in fictional teen romances.

Responsive Image

Sick of Superman? Indie comics offer gorier, more sexually active characters with storylines intended for a mature audience.

Responsive Image

It wouldn’t hurt you to read at least one book this summer.

Responsive Image

Sorry to break it to you, but you probably won’t get an A if you rely solely on SparkNotes.

Responsive Image

Winter is coming, but no one knows when.

Responsive Image

For busy-bodies on the go, the growing popularity of short story dispensers points to a new era of literature.

Responsive Image

With the world at their fingertips unlike ever before, these students are redefining journalism and pushing the limits of digital storytelling forward.

Responsive Image

If you’re a fan of ‘Gone Girl,’ you won’t want to miss HBO’s ‘Sharp Objects’ this summer.

Responsive Image

The latest novel from Becky Albertalli is another masterpiece of representation, though with some important twists.

Responsive Image

If you don’t want to read back decades of origin story, these comic series might be a good substitute.

Responsive Image

By fusing Lovecraftian horror with the story of one of the most notorious names in hip-hop, Joshua Chaplinsky took the genre in a refreshingly hilarious direction.

Responsive Image

Get more out of your reading by trying graphic memoirs.

Responsive Image

You probably read these classic literature novels in high school, but your adult experiences will give them a whole new meaning.

Responsive Image

In honor of National Poetry Month, here are five poets who deserve your recognition whether you usually read poetry or not.

Responsive Image

Here are some worth-while reads if ‘Love, Simon’ has left you craving more LGBTQ representation.

Responsive Image

Learning to become a leader is an achievable task for anyone, and these five books provide valuable lessons to get you there.

Responsive Image

Writers learn from each other, so if you want to write young adult books, read the works of these YA authors for inspiration.

Responsive Image

These authors will have your guts churning in delight!

Responsive Image

Since Geoffrey Chaucer published ‘The Canterbury Tales,’ satirized students have been a common trend in humorous rhetoric.

Responsive Image

‘The Undercover Edge’ is a great tool that provides tips on how readers can apply investigative tactics to live a better life at work, school and home.

Responsive Image

These female empowerment titles will remind you that the fight for gender equality has always had standard-bearers in the heroines of fiction.

Responsive Image

With #MeToo going on, try out these three brilliant works of art to better understand our current sexual, feminist moment.

Responsive Image

Sophia Amoruso’s ‘#GIRLBOSS’ is an inspiring book about the author’s difficult journey of creating a successful business empire.

Responsive Image

Eni Asebiomo of Kean University deals with the struggles of navigating the college dating scene in her upcoming book ‘Chronicles of a Millennial Virgin’.

Responsive Image

It’s always been your dream to drown in books, right?

Responsive Image

With movies like ‘The Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’ and ‘The Maze Runner’ doing so well in recent years, young adult novels have become a huge hit.

Responsive Image

They are timeless, exciting and work magic on hooking children to the habit of reading.

Responsive Image

Bitter and alone? These five books might help ease the pain.

Responsive Image

College can be a stressful time, but spiritual books may have the life-altering advice you’ve been searching for.

Responsive Image

Grab your calendar and mark the dates for these upcoming YA book releases.

Responsive Image

The feminist magazines and online communities to help you get through 2018.

Responsive Image

You may want to start your 2018 reading list off with these novels before their adaptations hit the big screen.

Responsive Image

We all know New Year’s resolutions are hard to keep, but these books will help you stay on track.

Responsive Image

Why pay to watch TV shows when you have free YouTube web series?

Responsive Image

Whether it’s long or short-form writing, these seasoned authors have the tips and tricks you need to know to improve your writing.

Responsive Image

Amazon’s e-book reading program lets Kindle readers browse over a million titles for only $9.99/month, but is the service right for you?

Responsive Image

NaNoWriMo is a month of deadlines and challenges.

Responsive Image

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

Responsive Image

The world needs more poetry by unapologetically powerful women.

Responsive Image

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

Responsive Image

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose social and political cultures.

Responsive Image

If you like quirky factoids about language, these books have plenty.

Responsive Image

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

Responsive Image

Whether for their elegant universes or unforgettable characters, each of these books would be perfect as a television series or feature film.

Responsive Image

If you’ve stayed up until sunrise with a book in your hands, you can probably relate.

Responsive Image

Ngozi Ukazu’s web comic about sexuality, hockey and copious amounts of pie will find itself on bookstore shelves next year.

Responsive Image

A look at some of the most addicting, immersive and captivating standalone novels and series to dive into over summer break.

Responsive Image

As Aristotle would have explained, ‘Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.’

Responsive Image

When books are marketed to large audiences, disturbing themes can find their way into the hands of unsuspecting readers.

Responsive Image

Because every book you read can’t be as good as “To Kill a Mockingbird.”

Responsive Image

These authors present the world of racial injustice in a whole new light—a light that can’t be overlooked.

Responsive Image

With the Lemony Snicket film adaptation less-than-satisfying, viewers hope the newly-announced Netflix series will do it justice.

Responsive Image

Shipwrecked’s newest addition to the world of YouTube, Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Dinner Party, combines humor, literature, and, of course, death.

Responsive Image

If you really want to get your creative juices flowing, commit to NaNoWriMo for the month of November.

Responsive Image

Filled with everything from forbidden love to Greek mythology, each of these best sellers hits the spot.

Responsive Image

E-books just don’t offer all the goodies that physical books do (especially that lovable, old book smell).

Responsive Image

Here’s a list of literary masterpieces to help you celebrate autumn’s arrival.

Responsive Image

And everybody else, for that matter.

Responsive Image

Non-fiction might seem boring, but these are the kind of books that can change your life.

Responsive Image

Making Captain America a Nazi not only tacitly encourages real world anti-Semitism, it spits in the face of the comic’s Jewish ancestry.