Pages

Responsive image
College /// Pages x

Whether you are a novice writer or have more experience under your belt, the annual novel writing event provides writers with a refreshing challenge.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Amazon Prime Video’s new show aims to fill the large gap left by the conclusion of ‘Game of Thrones.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Not all good books have to be rooted in fantasy. Here are some great, lesser-known reads to round out your end-of-the-year list.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

As November marks the beginning of National Novel Writing Month and creators everywhere are embarking on their imaginative journies, many are sinking into overdone writing pitfalls.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

From young adult to adult fantasy, this author has become a worldwide phenomenon, but what is it that makes her stories so popular?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Environmental activist Katharine Hayhoe’s latest book tackles one of the most difficult topics of conversation in a thoughtful and engaging way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This legendary author with over 40 published works has some phenomenal stories that will surely ignite your love of novels once more.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The timeless superhero is coming out as bisexual — a refreshing twist that is equal parts heroic change and tangled conflict.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Categories in literature like fantasy, romance and comedy are well known, but have you heard of Twitter fiction, gaslamp fantasy or Nordic noir?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The release of ‘Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ has left fans wanting a collaboration between Peter Parker’s and Eddie Brock’s super-selves, begging the question: Who should be the villain that faces off against this unlikely duo?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The show’s producers are making drastic changes to the original story, and they’re being met with mixed criticisms.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Writers have been bending expectations for years, but only recently has their creativity been given a new category.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author’s slender book captures a daughter’s hopeless loss after the death of her father, as Adichie searches for both language and meaning but finds both ultimately inadequate.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Just because they’re not real doesn’t mean that they can’t be a source of consolation or contentment.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This masterful modern historical fiction novel explores celebrity culture, family destiny and female strength — all on the glamorous surf of California.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The debut novel twists ‘Romeo and Juliet’ into a story of high-stakes action with a cast of ruthless characters.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Boycott Jeff Bezos’ reign over the reading world by switching from his book-based social media platform to an even better website instead!

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author’s latest release tackles a serious subject with a careful awareness of the book’s target audience.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This popular reading subscription service has come under fire following the decision to re-release their collection of Harry Potter memorabilia.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Your mind will thank you for picking up this habit as early in life as possible.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Society tells us that the most beautiful art is born out of suffering — a potentially life-threatening lie.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Frank Herbert’s seminal novel has influenced countless science fiction writers, even though it has remained a relatively niche series.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Batman’s most iconic sidekick recently came out as bisexual in an issue of ‘Batman Urban Legends.’ It’s a big step for representation, but queerness has a long history in DC comics.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Though Amazon is dominating the sale of books, a few positive developments could mean good things for smaller sellers in the years ahead.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Mariko Tamaki’s latest graphic novel is marked by a slew of both positive and negative reviews, leaving potential readers at a loss of what to do.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Will the shows be any good? Or is Hollywood just running out of original ideas?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Jojo Moyes’ most recent novel-to-film adaptation is not as perfect or heart-wrenching as its predecessor, ‘Me Before You.’

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Though the saga has been the butt of many jokes throughout the last decade, the books and movies allow fans to escape from reality.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

F. Scott Fitzgerald’s magnum opus entered the public domain early this year, and spinoffs of all sorts have been appearing ever since.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The upcoming copyright release of these last mysteries may result in the famed sleuth taking on new dimensions in the future.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

These books can create any world that they want — so why do so many go out of their way to recreate the same problematic assumptions found in the real world?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The tale has persisted for more than a century, with two new adaptations coming in the near future.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The beloved website continues to provide its users with great potential but it is seriously weighed down by a long list of issues.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Are the book recommendations on the app any good? Or is everything overhyped?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Can the genre function as a way to empower female readers and viewers, or is it doomed to merely satisfy a power fantasy?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

It’s time for society to drop the idea that stories told with words and artwork are lesser than their more traditional counterparts.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Ling Ma’s 2018 novel about a deadly pandemic parallels and almost predicts our own situation more closely than we realize.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Helena Fox’s debut tackles tough topics such as grief and mental health with immense grace and empathy.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author’s realistic fiction novel captures how easy it is to give up on lifelong dreams, among other conundrums that are all too familiar to writers.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

The book ‘Talking to Strangers’ explores the logical fallacies people fall into when interacting with others, and their detrimental effects are exemplified in popular media.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

After lesbophobic BookTokers made their prejudices known, lesbians and allies alike came together to share their love of sapphic romance novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The rich environmental imagery featured in ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ make them the perfect novels to read outside.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The YA novel by S. K. Ali reflects the realities faced by Muslim teens and embraces culture, identity and love in a new light.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Teenage detective Stevie Bell returns in Maureen Johnson’s latest young adult murder mystery, which brings a newly diverse voice its classic predecessors lacked.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Are you an avid YA reader? If so, you can’t miss the top books of this year so far.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

If you loved the ‘Goosebumps’ series when you were younger, you have reason to be excited for the new, violent editions of Stine’s work.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

They may be fun, but they are missing an important question: Which house do you think you belong in?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

It can be intimidating putting art into the world but Howard Tayler, the creator of this strip, is living proof that you don’t need to be extremely well-versed in the arts to make something that touches the world.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The book is a classic piece of literary history, but perhaps it is best known for killing off its titular canine.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The ‘ER’ and ‘The Good Wife’ actress navigates the unstable waters of her childhood from the vantage of her craft, assessing both its beauty and instability — and turning both to her advantage with the tool of gratitude. 

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In his latest book, author and YouTuber John Green examines objects and concepts in search for beauty within humanity, making a compelling case for hope in a time of extremes.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Our society’s interest in certain beasts over others may have interesting social and political implications, according to Jeffrey J. Cohen.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Book lovers from around the world connect with each other and share recommendations through TikTok, but are the books actually any good?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Sparking discussions about authors, tropes and book drama, PeaceLoveBooksxo’s livestream connects and provides insight into the book community and those who participate in it.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Tina Seelig’s newest book is a revolutionary manual that teaches everyone how to make their imaginative notions a reality.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Despite its familiar premise, the strong chemistry between the main characters is what really holds the young adult series together.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

‘That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron.’ Fans of Kentaro Miura’s beast of a dark fantasy series reflect on 30 years of storytelling and mourn the death of its creator.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In a genre that often features straightforward, simple love interests, this series adds subtle characterization to accompany its dating sim setting.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This romance novel by Mariana Zapata sparks nuanced discussions on women’s fiction, the power of starting over and indie book publishing.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Last year, Disney+ announced they would be giving this literary phenomenon a second chance at an adaptation. This new TV series already has the potential to win the hearts of fans and first-time audiences alike.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Using the lens of the Korean American experience, this essay collection presents a fiery look at the subtle ways that white supremacy manifests itself.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Several media properties take inspiration from the classic William Golding novel, but too many fail to capture what made it great.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

So, you’ve written your novel. Now what? Getting an agent and publishing deal the traditional way is harder than ever these days. Luckily, there’s a solution for that.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Glennon Doyle’s recent release has topped bestsellers lists and has inspired fans everywhere to listen to their gut instincts, follow their hearts and, most importantly, overcome anything.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Complete with twists and an unexpected ending, this series cannot be passed up by anyone who loves young adult mystery novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

When the weather is nice but you don’t want to do anything, pick up a new novel. These anticipated drops will give you all the warm feelings of the season.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Why are teens drawn to the genre and why did its popularity seem to quickly fade out? It might make an unexpected comeback soon.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The beloved space opera comic is soon moving into its second part, and longtime supporters couldn’t be more ecstatic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Diverse representation in romantic fiction can reaffirm how the genre adds value to the literary community.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Being a student journalist is a great way to give your peers a voice and make connections that’ll last a lifetime.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The website, affectionately known as AO3, has redefined the way fan fiction is cataloged and created and has reinvigorated the discourse surrounding the nature of fandom.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With competition at an all-time high, you need to work every advantage.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This poetry collection by francine j. harris is a challenging work that contends with race, society and loneliness.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Thanks to markets like Amazon that have made it easier than ever to access books, authors no longer have to wait to be given a green light.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Alicia Cook’s newest poetry collection is blunt, not only about the difficulties of healing from pain and depression, but also about how worthwhile it is to find hope.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Constantly overshadowed by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the DCEU is in a tough spot. Here is a potential reimagining of what can come next.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Because this type of writing is unlike anything you’d typically find in professional or academic settings, it can be difficult to get the hang of. Here are some tips to help your writing process.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Does Alex Marzano-Lesnevich’s approach to creating fictitious scenarios in a work about a real court case still make their story nonfiction?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds x

Perfect for any lover of the written word, these shows will give you some insights into the writing, reading and publishing that goes on in the literary world.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Publishers are paying users in the book community on the app, also known as BookTok, to promote their books, leaving some people with mixed feelings.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The friendly nature and casual language of the late chef’s 2000 memoir allows it to be a book that can be loved and enjoyed by all.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The main characters in Jennifer Donnelly’s novel will find a way into readers’ hearts while reminding them that while the world will go on stupid and brutal, they do not.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her debut romance novel, Kate Stayman-London uses a reality show to explore how the media portrays plus-size women.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Mikki Kendall’s essay collection argues that since its inception, the feminist movement has benefited white women, while leaving behind women of color, cis-gender women, trans women and disabled women.

By

Responsive image
College /// Pages x

From the first word of your poems to sending them in for publication, here are a few tips for new and old writers alike.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With her genuine writing and diverse, complex characters, this popular novelist is leaving romance readers excited for more.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In a twist on the isekai anime genre, the devil is transported from an alternate world into modern-day Japan and must make a living as a fast-food employee.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The anime presents a diverse array of characters, each with a distinct motivation for their shared quest to attain the wish-granting Holy Grail.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Jude Ellison Sady Doyle explores the collision of voyeurism and misogyny that causes us to relish the fall of famous women.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Darcie Little Badger’s young adult debut is a charming story of magical realism featuring Lipan Apache representation and a murder mystery waiting to be solved.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Dr. Cole’s dieting book has received celebrity praise, but it’s facing public backlash for spreading harmful misinformation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Then-futuristic books and films have featured tools like FaceTime, credit cards, 3D printers and more before they became part of everyday society.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre has met resounding success outside of Asia, and translated texts continue to become increasingly popular and accessible.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Pages x

From battling toxic masculinity to teaching about the power of Pinterest, Lisa Kay Adams strives to critique gender norms and the limits of the romance genre.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In the final installment of the romantic-comedy movie series, Lara Jean Covey’s optimistic spirit is refreshing for those who are unlucky in love.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

George Saunders’ book provides a guiding framework to aspiring writers by giving new life to classic Russian tales.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Check out these novels before their film versions hit the theaters and streaming services.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Nina Karnikowski’s upcoming book offers advice on how to explore the world in a more sustainable way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Take a glimpse at the accomplishments of this talented young woman who overcame a speech disorder and went on to shape the future for creative writers.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Alexandria Bellefleur’s new novel is the perfect piece for readers who are looking for a cozy and sweet romance to spend their Friday night cuddled up on the couch with.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Pages /// Thoughts x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The art of constructing a language adds an extra dimension to world-building and allows deeper immersion into books, films and games.

Responsive Image

The latest trend within Instagram’s literary community has only increased in popularity, but it may risk alienating readers through its promotion of consumerism.

Responsive Image

Getting into a new superhero may seem daunting, but these Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and crossover series can help you do just that.

Responsive Image

The romance genre has mostly been composed of female writers who cater to women. But today I’m here to recommend a novel by a male writer that is catered to … well, everyone.

Responsive Image

They aren’t only for those who have lived their whole lives. Start yours now.

Responsive Image

The hit Netflix series evokes contemporary gender inequality by looking at the dramatic day-to-day existence in 1813 high-society London.

Responsive Image

Keep an eye out for these six releases that feature bisexual and lesbian representation.

Responsive Image

Netflix’s new hit series features a complex main character with awe-inspiring intellect, as well as a fast-paced plot.

Responsive Image

The Hawaiian influencer released her new cookbook, which promotes eating more fruits and vegetables to alleviate what ails you.

Responsive Image

Don’t look for the usual cliches here. This series is about humans fighting gods in a one-on-one tournament, and the fate of humanity is at stake.

Responsive Image

They are usually the punchline of Hogwarts, but here’s why they are actually amazing.

Responsive Image

Inspired by Ross Gay’s book of essays, I reflect on the beauty and uncertainty of the future.

Responsive Image

The classical literature aesthetic is far too Eurocentric and lacks diversity. So how can we change that?

Responsive Image

The premise of Lucy Foley’s latest thriller novel is pretty similar to Agatha Christie’s most famous mystery book.

Responsive Image

As you look for safe ways to spend time with your household or pod, this set of books may be just what you are looking for.

Responsive Image

As readers await the release of ‘A Court of Silver Flames,’ it’s a good time to revisit the series’  unbelievably intricate worldbuilding, strong women and realistic character development.

Responsive Image

The poet’s most recent collection shows how she breaches the norms of traditional poetry. She truly is a poet for the modern age.

Responsive Image

In Patrick Radden Keefe’s book, a reporter dives deep into the murky depths of the history of Northern Ireland’s 30-year conflict.