Pages

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Then-futuristic books and films have featured tools like FaceTime, credit cards, 3D printers and more before they became part of everyday society.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre has met resounding success outside of Asia, and translated texts continue to become increasingly popular and accessible.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Pages x

From battling toxic masculinity to teaching about the power of Pinterest, Lisa Kay Adams strives to critique gender norms and the limits of the romance genre.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In the final installment of the romantic-comedy movie series, Lara Jean Covey’s optimistic spirit is refreshing for those who are unlucky in love.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

George Saunders’ book provides a guiding framework to aspiring writers by giving new life to classic Russian tales.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Check out these novels before their film versions hit the theaters and streaming services.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Nina Karnikowski’s upcoming book offers advice on how to explore the world in a more sustainable way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Take a glimpse at the accomplishments of this talented young woman who overcame a speech disorder and went on to shape the future for creative writers.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Alexandria Bellefleur’s new novel is the perfect piece for readers who are looking for a cozy and sweet romance to spend their Friday night cuddled up on the couch with.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The art of constructing a language adds an extra dimension to world-building and allows deeper immersion into books, films and games.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The latest trend within Instagram’s literary community has only increased in popularity, but it may risk alienating readers through its promotion of consumerism.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Getting into a new superhero may seem daunting, but these Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and crossover series can help you do just that.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The romance genre has mostly been composed of female writers who cater to women. But today I’m here to recommend a novel by a male writer that is catered to … well, everyone.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

They aren’t only for those who have lived their whole lives. Start yours now.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The hit Netflix series evokes contemporary gender inequality by looking at the dramatic day-to-day existence in 1813 high-society London.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Keep an eye out for these six releases that feature bisexual and lesbian representation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Netflix’s new hit series features a complex main character with awe-inspiring intellect, as well as a fast-paced plot.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

The Hawaiian influencer released her new cookbook, which promotes eating more fruits and vegetables to alleviate what ails you.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Don’t look for the usual cliches here. This series is about humans fighting gods in a one-on-one tournament, and the fate of humanity is at stake.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

They are usually the punchline of Hogwarts, but here’s why they are actually amazing.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Inspired by Ross Gay’s book of essays, I reflect on the beauty and uncertainty of the future.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The classical literature aesthetic is far too Eurocentric and lacks diversity. So how can we change that?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The premise of Lucy Foley’s latest thriller novel is pretty similar to Agatha Christie’s most famous mystery book.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

As you look for safe ways to spend time with your household or pod, this set of books may be just what you are looking for.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

As readers await the release of ‘A Court of Silver Flames,’ it’s a good time to revisit the series’  unbelievably intricate worldbuilding, strong women and realistic character development.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet’s most recent collection shows how she breaches the norms of traditional poetry. She truly is a poet for the modern age.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In Patrick Radden Keefe’s book, a reporter dives deep into the murky depths of the history of Northern Ireland’s 30-year conflict.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Wall Street Journal writer Joseph Epstein’s recent opinion piece was incredibly flawed and misogynistic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In recent years, the platform has seemingly chosen to reward books with a lot of hype instead of judging solely by quality.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The annual challenge allows users to set reading goals for themselves. However, does it pressure us, or actually motivate us to read?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Although many of them are overused in present-day media, fiction can still be original and teach powerful lessons.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This retelling of a classic tale follows two sapphic women who are determined to overthrow a dystopian patriarchal society.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds x

Beyond just using the format to have their books read aloud, some writers are starting to use the medium to narrate their work in new, innovative ways.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The whole world has been forced to slow down and become isolated, which is why many people have turned to poetic literature to cope.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This revolutionary graphic memoir explores the author’s cathartic journey to identifying as nonbinary and asexual.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel fills our early 2000s musical hole while also showing a scary portrait of the times.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Instapoets like Rupi Kaur have amassed millions of followers who adore their work, but is any of it actually good?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Unlike the previous 2001 anime adaptation, the more recent series maintains the spirit seen in the original Japanese comic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet and photographer has grown since the publication of her last book.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

While this common trope in media may be idealistic, it causes problems by creating unrealistic models of men.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

These works confront America’s deeply racist history and present, and at the same time, explore healing, accompanied by bursts of joy, light and love.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The movie, based on the book of the same name, falls short of the unsettling themes its predecessor succeeds at. Its failure results in a film that doesn’t know what it is.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Take a book, leave a book. These book exchanges allow for both self-enlightenment and an interconnected community, all while showing that following your passions can lead to real change.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

The Netflix show is based on ‘The Turn of the Screw’ and other stories by Henry James. Here are the similarities and differences.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The latest book from Joshua Whitehead is a deeply moving novel about what home means to a queer Native American kid who is struggling with his identity.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

More well-known for her young adult work, V.E. Schwab has penned a novel about a protagonist who has acquired immortality — but at an incredible cost.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With the recent discovery of possible life on Earth’s twin, here are some sci-fi books about life on the planet.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author is making a name for herself with popular horror novels that feature underrepresented sapphic characters.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The poet’s forthcoming book is a collection of poetry that embraces change — a topic that is well-needed during these chaotic times.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Set in an unfortunate future, this novel tells of war, family and the need to find something to believe in.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The R&B icon’s memoir is a story chronicled by a woman who has known brokenness and imprisonment, but has found her light at the end of the tunnel.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Not everyone can handle hardcore horror, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some creepy fall reads. If you’re a scaredy-cat, like me, this list is for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

J. K. Rowling’s beloved book series has warmed readers’ hearts for decades. What makes them better than their film counterparts?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This special time highlights the power of language to challenge our social, political and cultural assumptions.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This self-help book from Nina Karnikowski will open your mind to the possibilities that arise from deciding to chase your dreams.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Amanda Montell’s 2019 book examines how adjusting the words that we use can alter how gender and sexuality are considered in today’s society — for the better.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Most readers already know the story, so how does exploring the tale from the perspective of the iconic vampire bring something new to the beloved series?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Helen Hoang’s novel paints a rich portrait of an autistic heroine, captivating readers by avoiding one-dimensional stereotypes that have long persisted in media.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre provides the perfect mix of escapism and grounding insight when ‘normal’ feels far off.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

This amazing feat in storytelling and artistic vision delves into areas often left unexplored by graphic novels and horror.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Paper lovers have turned to the video-sharing app to forge their own peaceful corner on a platform full of chaos.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

If you find yourself short on room, here are some ways to organize your literature collection without shelling out more money for extra bookcases.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is likely the most famous composer ever, but did you know he had an older sister who was just as talented as he was?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The ever-popular series uses incredible world-building to offer a critique of those that invoke a higher power to justify their influence.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her 2019 book, the comedian beautifully articulates a fascination with the ordinary, which just might be the key to true happiness, especially during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Few authors captured the human experience, particularly the Black experience, with as much nuance as her.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This digital comic blends manga influences with Disney-inspired artwork to create a compelling tale of romance by the sea.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Kacen Callender’s young adult novel features a queer trans person of color amid friendships, love and a heartwarming journey of self-acceptance.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre can be fickle with its trends. However, this series seems to have the hang of these new fads with its fresh take on old tropes.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author’s second novel, which follows a grandmother and granddaughter, puts family and community at the forefront but lacks balance in its storytelling.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

HBO’s show offers a crystal clear picture of why communities need new ways to resolve conflicts and combat interpersonal violence.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

This plot device is one of the most overdone romantic clichés out there. Should it be left behind, or is there a way to make it new again?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The touching but heartwrenching World War II novel explores a Jewish girl’s hope-filled journey to find community in a war-ravaged Germany.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The book is full of social media, insane baked goods and a love story you can’t help but root for.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The Lee Chang-dong film adaptation of the critically acclaimed author’s short story may have changed a few details, but it maintains the spirit of the work.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Karen M. McManus’ young adult mystery novel both upholds and defies the tropes of the classic ’80s movie.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Surfing the internet might take time away from your beloved books, but these blogs are the perfect companions to your favorite novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel explores the long process of a guarded teenager finding belonging in her last foster home after a lifetime of letdowns.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel’s heartbreaking exploration of divorce and loss allows its exquisite friendships and familial connections to take center stage.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her new book, Brit Bennett dissects extremely relevant issues with memorable characters and excellent storytelling.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Have you always wanted to start a journal, but didn’t know where to begin? Try one of these simple techniques to get started on your daily journaling journey.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Scott O’Connor has a unique and fearless writing style that will immerse you in the novel and make you feel like you’re part of the story.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Victor LaValle’s story blends fantastical elements with the very real issues of racism and violence, all against the backdrop of the urban landscape.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The new book written by Donald’s niece exhumes decades of corruption and greed in the Trump empire, even before her uncle entered the White House.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

People who share protagonists’ identities shouldn’t only author books. Their feedback can vastly improve how books represent marginalized groups.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The open letter against ‘cancel culture’ was mostly signed by people with enormous influence — those who least need to worry about ‘cancellation.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The psychological realism of Laura van den Berg’s second book parallels the isolation many are feeling during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

After receiving harsh criticism from her colleagues, the former columnist speaks of the grim consequences for people that go against the grain.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her new book, Samantha Mabry shows readers that vulnerability and independence are not mutually exclusive.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

Instead of villainizing technology just because it’s trendy, Cal Newport makes a compelling case for satisfaction that runs deeper than pings and pixels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her memoir, Carmen Maria Machado documents her experiences in an abusive queer relationship, telling a story that often goes untold.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

The concept provides an artistic and powerful way to engage in social change by coaxing our imagination to connect us to the voices of the past.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Now more than ever, people are calling on brands to step up. The culture magazine took another step in the right direction by having Dario Calmese shoot their cover.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With videos ranging from book reviews to bookshelf tours to group reads, this online community is more than just a virtual book club.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

The philosopher’s theories of the ‘studium’ and the ‘punctum’ explains why we prefer certain creative works over others.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

There’s no shame in dropping a book that you have no desire to read.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Khalil Gibran Muhammad’s exploration of African Americans during the Progressive Era unveils the prejudice behind evidence of Black criminality.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Whether you want to be a prestigious journalist or write the next bestselling fantasy novel, these tips will help you build a following.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Asexuality and aromanticism are seemingly impossible to find in mainstream pop culture, but what if we look beyond the labels?

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Whether your goal is to cut back on wasted screen time, increase your cultural knowledge, or learn self-patience, this app is a necessity.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

This exercise is one of the best ways to help authors overcome feeling stuck. Following certain guidelines of the practice will ensure success.

Responsive Image

In her book ‘Sweet Remedies,’ herbalist and apothecary Dawn Combs spills the beans on honey-based drinks and confectionery.

Responsive Image

‘Such a Fun Age’ and ‘Little Fires Everywhere’ illustrate that just avoiding overt racism isn’t enough to combat white supremacy on a systemic level.

Responsive Image

It is more important than ever to remember the teachings of renowned Black feminist scholar as we consider empathy in our own communities.

Responsive Image

The graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier captures the struggle of being diagnosed — and living with — a chronic illness.

Responsive Image

Amy Poehler, Hope Jahren and James Comey reveal that although success seems bright and shiny from the outside, the journey there is often bumpy.

Responsive Image

Though Robin DiAngelo’s book clearly comes from a well-meaning place, does the book undermine the possibility for working-class solidarity across races?

Responsive Image

So-called ‘portal fantasy’ reveals the awe, fear and transformative power of traveling to another world — one that might be appealing in our present dystopia.

Responsive Image

Just because the author has revealed her transphobia doesn’t mean fans have to completely abandon the the franchise. Instead, they can reclaim it.

Responsive Image

Alan Moore’s comics explored a character’s psyche that continues to resonate with contemporary politics, albeit for the wrong reasons.

Responsive Image

The ‘Divergent’ author’s newest novel revitalizes the tired ‘chosen one’ trope by weaving a compelling narrative about what happens to heroes after saving the world.

Responsive Image

They are often essential community institutions, and their continued survival during the pandemic is now more important than ever.

Responsive Image

In light of the chaos coming out of Washington D.C. today, this book is the perfect read to cure your woes.

Responsive Image

Susan Choi’s novel defies conventional wisdom about fiction and intentionally creates characters that are hard to relate to — making a unique, compelling read in the process.

Responsive Image

Saeed Jones’ memoir is an honest and striking coming-of-age story about the Black queer experience and fighting to become yourself.

Responsive Image

The Hulu miniseries uses everyday scenes to take on an all too persistent problem in the fight for racial equality.

Responsive Image

Beth O’Leary’s debut novel, which features a very unusual living arrangement, makes the case for the genre as possessing real emotional depth.

Responsive Image

Julie Berry mixes the gods of Ancient Greece with romance and World War I, all in a novel that portrays the violence of white supremacy.