News & Politics

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Stay informed as this election approaches … it’s anyone’s race.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This show is both educational and entertaining, if you can believe it.

Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In sharing his HIV-positive status in his new memoir, the ‘Queer Eye’ star opens up an important dialogue.

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

A recent trend in popular culture may indicate a growing fear of those with too much power.

Responsive image
Responsive image

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

Responsive image

Blessed be the fruit. From Atwood to Zumas, here four feminist fiction novels that will help you to start a revolution.  

Responsive image

This generations-spanning anime and manga provides nearly endless hours of inspiring entertainment for those with the courage to take the dive.

Responsive Image

Grant Morrison’s comic book miniseries tells the story of three cybernetic animals and their perilous journey in search of home.

Responsive Image

These artists will make you laugh even on the worst days.

Responsive Image

Because we all need to realize that having it is perfectly normal.

Responsive Image

Aaron Sorkin’s adaption of the beloved Harper Lee novel tinkers with conventions of a classic American story.

Responsive Image

The book reimagines ‘The Iliad’ from the perspective of the epic’s oft-ignored female characters.

Responsive Image

Where do you start with the author who offered so much insight into the black experience?

Responsive Image

Her spoken word is just as genius as her writing.

Responsive Image

‘The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists’ can teach plenty of lessons — some more valuable than others.

Responsive Image

Simple efforts can make a big difference.

Responsive Image

Gretchen McCulloch shows readers that there’s more to internet language than you think.

Responsive Image

And they’re all women.

Responsive Image

The latest Timothy Zahn novel caps off a trilogy about the beloved ‘Star Wars’ villain.

Responsive Image

The Kingdom of Ravka is leaping from page to screen.

Responsive Image

Grant Morrison’s famous run on the World’s Strangest Heroes offers fans of the show even more madness.

Responsive Image

Omar Lazri is taking art to new dimensions.

Responsive Image

Other worlds are waiting for you in the literary canon.

Responsive Image

Nora Ephron was a master writer of rom-coms for the neurotic.

Responsive Image

Appeal to more personality types and broader audiences.

Responsive Image

Author Al Ewing has given a new, horror-infused spin on an old monster.

Responsive Image

This beautifully dark, lyric verse novel tells the story of Joan of Arc — a young country girl turned great leader who burned for the girls who fear the fire inside themselves.

Responsive Image

You’ll never look at these stories the same.

Responsive Image

Because we all want to at least look like we’re intelligent.

Responsive Image

We keep hearing calls for equality and inclusion. Brown tells us why we need to be louder.

Responsive Image

Spoiler alert: They nailed it.

Responsive Image

This channel is a treasure trove of knowledge on literary fiction, fantasy, writing and much, much more.

Responsive Image

If National Novel Writing Month proved too tough before, maybe it’s time to try this virtual writer’s retreat.

Responsive Image

The young adult novel by C.J. Lyons is an enticing murder mystery about defining yourself outside of your family.

Responsive Image

Myrland read one of the Greek philosopher’s most popular works so that you don’t have to.

Responsive Image

Depends on who’s asking.

Responsive Image

Elana K. Arnold’s latest young adult novel subverts the typical damsel-in-distress storyline to say something bigger.

Responsive Image

Stay sexy and read this book.

Responsive Image

Just admit it. Cheesy romances hit the spot.

Responsive Image

Find a comfortable spot, because you won’t be able to put these books down.

Responsive Image

What’s better than ruling in hell or serving in heaven? This chemistry.

Responsive Image

The patriarchy is trembling.

Responsive Image

‘Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass’ promises a chapbook composed of her signature lyricism. Is that a good thing?

Responsive Image

Reading has never been easier.

Responsive Image

HBO’s remake of the Philip Pullman trilogy will embrace the controversy at the series’s heart, rather than sidestep it.

Responsive Image

The fantasy writer’s intricate world-building, filled with faeries and lore, has been enchanting readers for almost two decades.

Responsive Image

Dust off your House robes, Potterheads: There are four new Harry Potter eBooks slated for release this summer.

Responsive Image

Everything you need to know before diving both pieces of work.

Responsive Image

Adulting 101 for your summer reading list.

Responsive Image

Remember reading for fun?

Responsive Image

They’re not as scary as your English classes make them sound.

Responsive Image

Leav’s famous creativity is readily apparent, though slightly different, in her fiction debut.

Responsive Image

The graphic novel is as creative as it is captivating.

Responsive Image

The book was revered for its accurate portrayal of mental illness. Will the film be too?

Responsive Image

Olaf Stapledon’s sci-fi tale of a roving spaceman’s chronicle captures the heart of humanity’s existential fear.

Responsive Image

The show might be finished, but its fans aren’t.

Responsive Image

Because there’s more to growing up than ‘The Catcher in the Rye.’

Responsive Image

If you plan on teaching, you should plan on reading these first.

Responsive Image

Back with another bestseller, Manson sheds light on the sheer atrocities of … well, being a human.

Responsive Image

Which, as it turns out, faces most of the same boring problems as hetero love.

Responsive Image

Feel free to update your TBR list accordingly.

Responsive Image

The Boy Who Lived has something to say on those that don’t.

Responsive Image

Some of your favorite novels are finally coming to the silver screen.

Responsive Image

Like her previous YA novel, ‘The Poet X,’ Acevedo’s new novel is all about Latinx literary representation.

Responsive Image

Tehlor Kay Mejia’s new novel flares with action and LGBTQ+ representation.

Responsive Image

As a Vietnamese immigrant and member of the LGBTQ+ community, Vuong is a unique, empathy-inspiring voice in the poetry world.

Responsive Image

Your favorite 2004 film with a Shakespearean twist.

Responsive Image

‘Everything is F*cked’ drops next week, which gives you just enough time.

Responsive Image

The horror industry is ripe for fairy tales that don’t have happy endings.

Responsive Image

Broke, bored and can’t travel? Check out the summer romance section at your local library.

Responsive Image

Grosso’s life lessons will definitely be useful to you, whether you’ve struggled with addiction or not.

Responsive Image

The show is able to incorporate fantastic creatures and magic without sacrificing its sense of realism.

Responsive Image

Her work was largely dismissed during her life, but scholars are finding it prescient today.

Responsive Image

Nobody deserves to watch this.

Responsive Image

She’s back and better than ever.

Responsive Image

Yes, there are YouTube channels made specifically for book fiends.

Responsive Image

What proponents have hailed as the genre’s savior is likely doing more harm than good.

Responsive Image

It might be her story, but it resonates with millions.

Responsive Image

The new collection might be her strongest, but most jaded work yet.

Responsive Image

Her essay, ‘I Am Not Always Very Attached to Being Alive,’ has opened up a much-needed dialogue.

Responsive Image

The poet poses a central question: What happens when everyone averts their eyes?

Responsive Image

Influencers for novels? Why not?

Responsive Image

They screwed up Stannis, Lady Stoneheart and Tyrion, to start with.

Responsive Image

The ‘Broken Earth’ trilogy is pushing the boundaries of what science fiction can do.

Responsive Image

Exams make school scary, but murder makes it frightening.

Responsive Image

Unlike its title suggests, this poetry collection lacks a voice.

Responsive Image

The Malawian author’s warm, invigorating work will nudge you into self-acceptance.

Responsive Image

The combination is rare, but it makes a lot of sense.

Responsive Image

Deepak Chopra’s seminal work is, and always will be, a masterpiece of humanist philosophy.

Responsive Image

Who wouldn’t read poetry about a legendary female warrior?

Responsive Image

Sometimes, quantity over quality isn’t such a bad thing.

Responsive Image

Move over, Rupi Kaur, there’s a new queen of Instagram poetry.

Responsive Image

The two projects, which are completely interrelated, break down the barriers between text, image, emotion and sound.

Responsive Image

Scott T. Hutchinson’s collection examines the intersection of boyhood, love, life and nature.

Responsive Image

Anne Lamott’s life experiences are your lessons on writing.

Responsive Image

Hear me out on this one.

Responsive Image

YouTubers can write books, too.

Responsive Image

Brevity is the heart of social media poetry.

Responsive Image

Sit back, relax and enjoy the drama.

Responsive Image

Prepare yourself for love triangles.

Responsive Image

Her new short-story collection, ‘You’ll Never Believe How These Kids Get Murdered and Other Clickbait Tales,’ is obviously macabre, but subtly stunning.

Responsive Image

Self-help yourself to some personal improvement this semester.

Responsive Image

Bakery, young love and a tenuous music career? Sounds like a recipe for intrigue.

Responsive Image

The production is a new spin on the age-old Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, crossed with the tale of Hades and Persephone.

Responsive Image

Pick up one of these books for a good blast from the past.

Responsive Image

The latest installment in Peter Clines’ ‘Threshold’ series takes the story in a new, somewhat undesirable direction.

Responsive Image

The young novelist begins with unsettling premises and then pushes them till they strain.

Responsive Image

The re-designed collection is a masterclass in depicting the nuance of a culture.

Responsive Image

They took Slenderman to the next level.