News & Politics

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

In honor of the president’s two years in office, here’s the most current list of everyone who’s quit or been fired.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Here are the female frontrunners for the Democratic bid in the 2020 elections.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

The former Baylor frat president faces almost no repercussions after raping and assaulting an unconscious woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

China wants a censored search engine, and Google might be greedy enough to oblige them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If the argument comes down to exposure, then other addictive products are equally incriminated.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democratic socialism just might be what saves the Union.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Pages x

She was the most powerful woman in the world for eight years, and she did a lot to earn it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite increased political engagement, the number of under-30-year-olds voting is still far too low.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Just how far did the blue wave ride?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Which is very bad news for Democrats.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Despite the surge in interest from young voters, a majority-Democrat Senate is still a long shot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

More than ever, celebrities across the entertainment industry are getting political. Should they?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Twitter posts don’t make you a political activist.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Warren’s DNA test results proved she just doesn’t get it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Democrats across Texas are hoping so, but their hope might not be enough.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Pages x

The ‘Broken Earth’ trilogy is pushing the boundaries of what science fiction can do.

Responsive image
Pages x

Exams make school scary, but murder makes it frightening.

Responsive image
Pages x

Unlike its title suggests, this poetry collection lacks a voice.

Responsive image
Responsive image

The Malawian author’s warm, invigorating work will nudge you into self-acceptance.

Responsive image

The two projects, which are completely interrelated, break down the barriers between text, image, emotion and sound.

Responsive image

Scott T. Hutchinson’s collection examines the intersection of boyhood, love, life and nature.

Responsive Image

YouTubers can write books, too.

Responsive Image

Brevity is the heart of social media poetry.

Responsive Image

Sit back, relax and enjoy the drama.

Responsive Image

Prepare yourself for love triangles.

Responsive Image

Her new short-story collection, ‘You’ll Never Believe How These Kids Get Murdered and Other Clickbait Tales,’ is obviously macabre, but subtly stunning.

Responsive Image

Self-help yourself to some personal improvement this semester.

Responsive Image

Bakery, young love and a tenuous music career? Sounds like a recipe for intrigue.

Responsive Image

The production is a new spin on the age-old Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, crossed with the tale of Hades and Persephone.

Responsive Image

Pick up one of these books for a good blast from the past.

Responsive Image

The latest installment in Peter Clines’ ‘Threshold’ series takes the story in a new, somewhat undesirable direction.

Responsive Image

The young novelist begins with unsettling premises and then pushes them till they strain.

Responsive Image

The re-designed collection is a masterclass in depicting the nuance of a culture.

Responsive Image

They took Slenderman to the next level.

Responsive Image

His pioneering novel, ‘Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,’ laid the foundation for modern sci-fi.

Responsive Image

Shakespeare is good and all, but writers like Acevedo are making reading appealing to millions of underrepresented people.

Responsive Image

Who says graphic novels are teen-exclusive?

Responsive Image

Some of these poems feel like a warm hug from a friend.

Responsive Image

Everyone has a story, even Brothers Grimm villains.

Responsive Image

The recently discovered short story acts as a pseudo-sequel to ‘The Bell Jar.’

Responsive Image

An ancient theme and a modern style meet in Amanda Lovelace’s newest collection.

Responsive Image

In it, author M. L. Rio challenges one of Shakespeare’s most famous dictums: ‘A man can die but once.’

Responsive Image

Told through the stories of three unknown African Americans, the book explores the all-too-human desire for freedom.

Responsive Image

The Grishaverse awaits.

Responsive Image

Nearly half a million Puerto Ricans have emigrated in the last decade, and the stories offer a glimpse into their lives.

Responsive Image

In her hands, fantasy reads like poetry.

Responsive Image

What is it about King’s work that, despite several massive commercial flops, keeps directors coming back for more?

Responsive Image

To stay ahead of the competition, the MCU needs to keep experimenting.

Responsive Image

Finally, characters like Circe and Medusa get to tell their side of the story.

Responsive Image

The poet’s passing marks the end of one of the world’s most transcendental, plainspoken wordsmiths.

Responsive Image

I saw the best minds of my generation reciting poetry on a YouTube channel.

Responsive Image

The podcasting family is slated to write for the upcoming ‘War of the Realms’ spinoff.

Responsive Image

The long-awaited novel from the New York Times’ best-selling author comes out Feb. 5.

Responsive Image

Finally, an adaptation that Rick Riordan fans can be proud of.

Responsive Image

God bless you, public domain.

Responsive Image

Books, just like recycling bins and hybrid cars, are a vital part of the green revolution.

Responsive Image

The Swiss philosopher didn’t actually write about social media, but he might as well have.

Responsive Image

Today, ideally.

Responsive Image

The pressure is real.

Responsive Image

Her methods are (yet another) unattainable standard for millennials to meet.

Responsive Image

The best bookshelves have to offer.

Responsive Image

The film version of David Levithan’s book is a pared-down, emotionally stunted misfire.

Responsive Image

Reading slumps happen, but these podcasts can help.

Responsive Image

The characters might be juvenile, but the themes aren’t.

Responsive Image

The photo does so much more than normalize breast-feeding.

Responsive Image

Rife with magic, nuance and creativity, fantasy gets to completely reimagine what’s possible.

Responsive Image

Three essay-writing tips from your friendly college writing tutor.

Responsive Image

It’s going to be a banner year for graphic novels.

Responsive Image

I’m convinced the writers use my life for source material.

Responsive Image

Neil Postman’s 1985 work so presciently captured the dangers of the post-truth era that it still feels eerily modern.

Responsive Image

Donna Tartt’s cult novel shows how life-changing college can be, for better or for worse.

Responsive Image

Hardcore female characters, an amazingly well-built fantasy world and a beautiful writing style — need I say more?

Responsive Image

Beauty pageants have always been, and will always be, backdrops for soaring human drama.

Responsive Image

The best books of the year, as voted by you. Did your favorites make the cut?

Responsive Image

Must love reading about dogs.

Responsive Image

Who said a dead writer can’t publish new books?

Responsive Image

Her latest novel, ‘Time Bomb,’ is the latest in a string of works that will have your heart beating out of your chest.

Responsive Image

No matter how packed your schedule is, each of these books can find a place in it.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Her poetry exposes the way the U.S. military warps language to conceal the atrocities it commits.

Responsive Image

Counterintuitive, no?

Responsive Image

Sensitivity > machismo.

Responsive Image

The book of poetry is a masterclass in how to evoke emotion by zeroing-in on the quotidian.

Responsive Image

Mohsin Hamid’s debut novel explores a unique side of one of America’s darkest times.

Responsive Image

Literally.

Responsive Image

If you’re looking for a serious self-love trip, this is the book for you.

Responsive Image

In light of Ibi Zoboi’s new novel, here are the four best retellings — with a twist! — of ‘Pride and Prejudice.’

Responsive Image

Can turning classic literature into Instagram Stories actually get more young people to read them?

Responsive Image

You know what they say about all good things …

Responsive Image

The past you, present you and future you will love Kaye’s imaginative poetry.

Responsive Image

They can’t reject everything, right?

Responsive Image

Are you more of a plotter or a pantser?

Responsive Image

There’s more to the flyover states than just corn.

Responsive Image

These canonical texts are the basis of nearly every film curriculum.

Responsive Image

The Bronx native is making reading cool again.

Responsive Image

Small enough to fit in your pocket, big enough to change you.

Responsive Image

The brothers, and their extended family, have created an empire built on good-natured humor.

Responsive Image

Time to get your teenage angst on.

Responsive Image

The work is an articulate call for representation that accurately reflects how critical women have been to the industry.

Responsive Image

Her newest novel, ‘Vengeful,’ adds more dynamic characters to her already impressive list.

Responsive Image

The two are currently on tour promoting Hank’s first novel, ‘An Absolutely Remarkable Thing,’ and their lovable dynamic is on full display.

Responsive Image

The Russian visual artist’s breathtaking illustrations will leave your jaw hanging and mouth watering.

Responsive Image

Will your favorite novel be the same as America’s?

Responsive Image

The novel follows 16-year-old Viv as she anonymously publishes activist zines to combat her peers’ misogyny.

Responsive Image

Is it still positive representation if the actress plays a snake?

Responsive Image

Young adult literature is doing far more than dominating the bestseller’s list. It’s taking a stand.

Responsive Image

The official trailer for ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ was released Tuesday, and people have a lot to say about it.

Responsive Image

Can blockchain technology provide a sustainable, democratic platform to sustain honest journalism?

Responsive Image

Only soup can save us now.

Responsive Image

Davis’ book, ‘Are Prisons Obsolete?’ proposes a radical solution to the problem of prisons.

Responsive Image

From a society populated solely by women to a young ghost who delights in wearing a sheet, these stories will haunt you in every possible sense of the word.

Responsive Image

Not all literature has to focus on doom and gloom, nor does it really have to make much sense.

Responsive Image

The time to stop listening to the haters is long overdue.

Responsive Image

Disclaimer: This book requires your commitment, but it will give you all its love.

Responsive Image

Writers, follow these guides and step into the light.

Responsive Image

Remember that reporter who covered the Watergate scandal? He’s back, and he’s got sources.

Responsive Image

In the age of body positivity, Angelo Thomas’ debut novel exposes a vastly unexplored topic.

Responsive Image

Get out your jack-o-lanterns and fake blood because the spooky season has arrived.

Responsive Image

The UK has a better understanding of women’s interests.

Responsive Image

The beauty of the world will always outweigh the price of airline tickets.

Responsive Image

What’s better than books? Books about books, of course!