OLYMPICS COVERAGE
CHECK OUT OUR OLYMPICS COVERAGE!

News & Politics

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

K-Pop fans from around the world are excited to witness Exo and CL perform live at the close of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a move that more accurately reflects the modern student body, William and Mary hired Katherine Rowe as their 28th president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

To call attention to their demands for updated gun control laws, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students have called for a nationwide protest on March 24.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Though RBG applauds the #MeToo movement, she echoed Betsy DeVos’s sentiment that Obama-era Title IX processes denied the accused parts of their due process.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A white actress was cast in a traditionally black role in a school musical, sparking debate between ‘color-blind’ and ‘color-conscious’ casting.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

A look into how celebrities — by entering the political realm — affect the vote after actress Diane Neal announces she’s making a congressional run.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As transportation becomes more advanced and environmentally friendly, a new company appears to have a solution for traffic congestion.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Host Chris Cuomo criticized Cruz and others for appearing only on Fox News to talk about gun control.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the wake of the sexual harassment allegations shaking the country, the highest individual honor for chefs will now take their personal behavior into consideration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

The firing follows Netflix’s dismissal of Kevin Spacey, showing that networks are becoming quicker to sever ties with anyone accused of sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Zachary Donohue and Madison Hubbell are either very committed to their craft or stumbled upon an uber convenient way to call things off.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Students argue that the programs essentially act as affirmative action for the wealthy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The recent ‘pig roast’ scandal at Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity might be shocking, but it isn’t as unusual as you’d think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After former student Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 individuals on Wednesday, further reports of his mental instability and warnings signs are surfacing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Black Lives Matter protestors are demonized by society, Philadelphia residents were praised for their destructive victory celebrations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While #MeToo sweeps America, a group of French women reject the movement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

USA is dominating at the Winter Olympics and even in a competitive atmosphere, countries are coming together for the sake of the games.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

In response to the broader #MeToo movement and its ‘Shitty Media Men’ list, senior Elizabeth Dunn leaded the names of 30 ‘men to avoid.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

David Nadlinger took first place in an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council competition with his minuscule, groundbreaking picture of an atom.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Warmbier’s father attended the opening ceremony to remind the world of North Korea’s brutality, but more importantly as a father mourning the loss of his son.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From the viewpoints of those who fight it, fake news is formidable, but not invincible.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As emotional support animals become more popular, colleges are grappling with their effects, including what to tell the randomly assigned roommate.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It seems as if the ‘American dream’ might not be possible for all students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hijabs are part of a broader line of clothing, called the Veronica Collection, designed to offer Muslim women more fashion-forward options for their clothing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rather than learn about gender identity, South Dakota Sen. Phil Jensen wants students to focus on ‘reading, writing and arithmetic.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a statement from the university, representatives claim that she was not participating in the Tide Pod challenge, but rather trying to intentionally self-harm.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 2020 election could be the chance for Democrats to choose the right presidential candidate based on political experience, not celebrity status.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The country’s infrastructure is deteriorating, but a new emphasis on reconstruction and trade schools could be the solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Even well-respected companies have PR disasters from time to time, but these 20 most-hated companies take it to a whole other level.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The British territory has become the first jurisdiction to abolish same-sex marriage, after the unions were legalized less than a year ago.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

After comparing the weights of the women they’ve slept with, members of Zeta Beta Tau who participated in the ‘Pig Roast’ will undergo counseling and more.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Salt is among the hottest commodities once the winter comes, but people are considering replacing salt with sand for the de-icing purpose.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With Cloud9’s victory at the ELEAGUE Boston Major this January, North American Counter-Strike is no longer a joke.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Change begins at the collegiate level – if college campuses can end the Pence rule, then so can society.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indians have decided the join many other professional sports teams in the nationwide movement of abandoning offensive branding.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Earlier this year, Google announced new rules regarding monetization of contents on its video service, YouTube.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Through a series of proposed bills, Washington lawmakers hope to provide homeless college students stable access to basic amenities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rocket Lab’s new satellite, Humanity Star, launches a frenzy in the scientific community in its quest for universal connectivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Mexican, Canadian and American representatives begin to amend NAFTA, only Canada seems concerned with fixing the agreement’s human rights abuses.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After a second-trimester abortion ban barely failed in the Senate, it looks like 2018 is turning into another year where women’s healthcare will face multiple challenges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The proliferation of cryptocurrencies has made drug-trafficking on the dark web easier, which has in turn exacerbated the country’s opioid epidemic.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The actions of the involved students and the class’s professor, Dr. Flavio Uribe, have been called ‘disturbing’ and ‘inexcusable.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

By changing the language to include women, Canada’s gender-neutral national anthem has taken a step to rectify its patriarchal vestiges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Following in the footsteps of New York’s Excelsior Scholarship, proponents of the College for All Act are calling for free college in California.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With a new policy on marijuana, San Francisco is giving past offenders a second chance at life without a criminal record.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Like other musicians before him, Jack White announced a plan to ban the use of phones at concerts, but audiences deserve to make that choice for themselves.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Amazon Go launched its first store in Seattle, which left many people both hopeful and worrisome about the future of the cashier-less shopping concept.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By setting aside revenue from their cannabis tax, Pueblo County has funded over 420 scholarships that send high school graduates to local colleges.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

No, this isn’t a new Sherlock Holmes novel. Officer Pinheiro of the Baltimore Police Department has been indicted for planting evidence at a crime scene.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

WWF and XFL founder Vince McMahon promised a gimmick-free football league with the XFL’s return.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two recently awarded patents have brought Amazon closer to tracking their employees’ movements, news that bodes ill for break-takers and time-killers everywhere.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Alt-right and other racist groups have increasingly chosen college campuses as prime vehicles for spreading hate speech, hate crimes and acts of xenophobic violence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Cabinet Files’ surfaced just as the Australian Parliament was set to discuss new espionage laws that could criminalize such a discovery.

By

Responsive image

In the wake of a highly publicized scandal, disrepute and depravity mar USA Gymnastics’ honor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although justice has been served in the Larry Nassar trial, progress remains delayed for Hollywood accusers demanding justice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Judge Aquilina’s demeanor may come off cutthroat, but she’s become a beacon of justice for the USA Gymnastics sexual abuse victims.

By

Responsive image

These four organizations are providing mental health services for Asian Americans in a community that has a stigma against them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Harley Barber’s racist video got her expelled but also shined a new light on an old conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though progress has been made in the most recent NAFTA negotiations, creating a better deal will require more compromise between the American, Canadian and Mexican partners.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fewer imports and fewer jobs means less green energy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games have become an arena for social change as athletes confront rape culture, homophobia and tension between nations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After an exposé detailed the black market for purchasing social media followers, scores of users have seen their Twitter followers drop.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite efforts to show support for women in the recent #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, the Grammys instead sparked a new hashtag: #GrammysSoMale.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Dr. Donald Milton, a professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, created the Gesundheit machine to better understand how the flu spreads.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Brooklyn College’s preference for policemen to use specific school bathrooms raises questions about public safety on college campuses across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Before his State of the Union address on Tuesday night, President Trump signed an executive order to keep open the controversial detention center.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Democrats are hopeful that O’Rourke will defeat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in the 2018 midterm elections and take over the largely red state.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Another day, another shooting; America’s been here before. The question is, is anything going to change this time around?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

His lawyer, Michael Proctor, told press that the actor was a good person who was just trying to pay for his mistakes and bad judgment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The trio of business magnates have joined forces to create a health care plan for their employees, a move that promises to disrupt traditional health care providers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In his address, President Trump laid out a plan for incorporating bipartisan ideas into an immigration plan.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

With an ever-changing political climate, America could see unfortunate regressions in study abroad programs, both locally and internationally.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

You may reconsider applying for college loans after seeing the startling statistics behind student investment debt.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If government money stops flowing, university systems across the country would freeze, including certain financial-aid packages and ongoing research grants.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Though Kendrick Lamar, Donald Glover and Bruno Mars took home a slew of high honors, critics claim that the Grammys snubbed female artists.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The astrological unicorn, which will be visible this Wednesday, is the result of three separate, moon-related phenomena all occurring at once.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You have been misled; flossing doesn’t need to be a top priority in your dental hygiene routine anymore.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

The former Olympic gymnastics doctor was sentenced to up to 175 years behind bars, and the athletic community needs to learn from the scandal.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Once only reserved for gamers, augmented reality has found its way into the medical field through simulation-learning apps like HoloLens.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In an effort to improve the site, the new Facebook changes are designed to increase user-to-user interaction and reduce the creepy feeling of being spied on.

By

Responsive image

The 28-year-old figure skater Adam Rippon was recently named the third member of the men’s team, but not without controversy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Barbara Harris, founder of Project Prevention, has some permanent solutions that might conflict with your moral landscape.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Trump administration could leave 200,000 Salvadorans deported after 17 years of building lives in the U.S. and despite obvious safety concerns in El Salvador.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With high political tension across the country, 2017 was a dynamic year for all minorities, in both good ways and bad.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

This true story about the Washington Post will have every college student changing their major.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Congress has a full plate of work as well as the uncertainty of the midterms to balance during this new year.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the effort to maintain campaign commitments is ever-present, President Trump will need the additional support a bipartisan Congress can offer to move forward in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With assisted-suicide machines in the works, having a hand in your own death could be easier than ever in the near future.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Californians ring in the New Year with a recurring case of the munchies, a new era for legal weed also begins.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You no longer need a dealer to get pot in California because marijuana shops open their doors to recreational sales to everyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Roy Moore, former Alabama Senate candidate, believes that America was great during slavery. How these microaggressions lead to macroaggressions and the reasons behind them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Whether you’re a full-time or dual-enrolled college student, you can look forward to some of these benefits resulting from the recent tax bill.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Did any of this even happen?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a successful governor and representative of minorities, Nikki Haley has the potential to make it all the way to the Oval Office.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The College of the Atlantic is setting a nationwide example for how forward-thinking universities should approach environmental sustainability.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Indivior’s newly developed drug, Sublocade, may reshape the battle against opioid addiction.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The relationship of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry provides insight into the problem of the ideal white beauty within the black community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Brock Turner, former Stanford swimmer and convicted rapist, wants to overturn his conviction, but how does this affect college students?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

What effects have the California fires had on the state’s students, and how will the fires affect their campuses and their families?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A short story was the latest thing to catch the internet’s attention, but how did a piece of fiction from the New Yorker manage to storm through Twitter?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Reads x

College can be a stressful time, but spiritual books may have the life-altering advice you’ve been searching for.

Reads x

Grab your calendar and mark the dates for these upcoming YA book releases.

Responsive image
Reads x

The feminist magazines and online communities to help you get through 2018.

Responsive image
Reads x

You may want to start your 2018 reading list off with these novels before their adaptations hit the big screen.

Responsive image
Responsive image

We all know New Year’s resolutions are hard to keep, but these books will help you stay on track.

Responsive image

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

Responsive image

The world needs more poetry by unapologetically powerful women.

Responsive image

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

Responsive Image

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

Responsive Image

If you like quirky factoids about language, these books have plenty.

Responsive Image

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

Responsive Image

Whether for their elegant universes or unforgettable characters, each of these books would be perfect as a television series or feature film.

Responsive Image

If you’ve stayed up until sunrise with a book in your hands, you can probably relate.

Responsive Image

A look at some of the most addicting, immersive and captivating standalone novels and series to dive into over summer break.

Responsive Image

As Aristotle would have explained, ‘Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.’

Responsive Image

When books are marketed to large audiences, disturbing themes can find their way into the hands of unsuspecting readers.

Responsive Image

Because every book you read can’t be as good as “To Kill a Mockingbird.”

Responsive Image

These authors present the world of racial injustice in a whole new light—a light that can’t be overlooked.

Responsive Image

With the Lemony Snicket film adaptation less-than-satisfying, viewers hope the newly-announced Netflix series will do it justice.

Responsive Image

Shipwrecked’s newest addition to the world of YouTube, Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Dinner Party, combines humor, literature, and, of course, death.

Responsive Image

If you really want to get your creative juices flowing, commit to NaNoWriMo for the month of November.

Responsive Image

Filled with everything from forbidden love to Greek mythology, each of these best sellers hits the spot.

Responsive Image

E-books just don’t offer all the goodies that physical books do (especially that lovable, old book smell).

Responsive Image

Here’s a list of literary masterpieces to help you celebrate autumn’s arrival.

Responsive Image

And everybody else, for that matter.

Responsive Image

Non-fiction might seem boring, but these are the kind of books that can change your life.