News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Thoughts x

Kanye’s MAGA hat and pro-Trump rhetoric has left fans upset, America confused and everyone wondering: Where is this coming from?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And several former Miss America winners have jumped to her defense.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Has Melania Trump forever changed the American First Lady?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s gotten so bad that even John Cusack’s getting involved.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It won’t be long till Amazon owns the government anyway.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sessions ruled that domestic abuse victims can no longer seek asylum in the United States.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Jersey Shore’ star’s recent domestic dispute highlights the sad relationship between violent relationships and reality television.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two glitches in seven days have underscored, yet again, how addicted everyone is to the app.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After sexual harassment claims, the company is trying to find ways to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of its riders.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Citizens gathered in Seoul, South Korea, to protest the use of spy cams in public places, which are known to specifically target women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

And might have helped disenfranchise thousands of voters in Ohio and throughout the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Here are the best podcasts to tune in to if you’d rather ignore those pesky CNN notifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

She successfully manipulated an entire city into believing she was royalty, but the $62,000 debt on a credit card told a different story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 45th president spurred more than his fair share of controversy at the 44th G7 Summit shortly before his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Net neutrality has now officially been repealed, and nobody knows exactly what the future holds for internet usage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The home rental service allows individuals to register their homes as emergency shelters, bringing new meaning to ‘loving thy neighbor.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and Twitter dominate today’s social media landscape, but with bad press popping up left and right, it might not stay that way forever.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How the predominantly Catholic country defied centuries-old doctrine.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Since 1999, suicide rates have risen nearly 30 percent.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Samantha Bee’s apology to Ivanka Trump was the first real ‘I’m Sorry’ I have heard in a while.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Just feel the Bern and imagine the flames of Bernie Sanders waging war on the status quo, eliminating student debt and leading the United States with honesty and integrity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fashion icon Kate Spade hid her issues with mental illness behind her bubbly public image for decades.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s surprising choice to pardon an old woman serving time for drug offenses is good news — but don’t expect big changes out of his administration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Men are often removed from the conversation and are now left without certain rights that women have been granted.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump might be able to do some good if he can muster an ounce of diplomacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He could pardon himself if he wanted to — not that he has to! — but he could.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The film, which was shown to Starbucks workers during their anti-bias training, offers a poignant look into the struggles of African Americans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Now, finally, the Miss America pageant can finally be about the contestants’ personalities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Reid is just the latest in a string of TV personalities to be caught in a freedom of speech issue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The iconic fashion designer was found in her apartment Tuesday morning.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The verdict provides little insight as to how far the Constitution protects religious liberties and same-sex rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If this can happen to an FBI agent, it could easily happen to anyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook will remove this section after complaints surrounding fake news and restriction of conservative content.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

SESTA/FOSTA, the new bill passed by the Senate, is endangering the sex work community through its harmful generalizations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Through the financial assistance of the Evans Scholarship, dedicated caddies gain the opportunity to attend college free-of-charge.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After making promises he failed to keep, Trump is making it harder for transgender citizens to be accepted and treated fairly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rather than fall in line with traditional Catholic doctrine, the first ever pope from the Americas is forging new territory with an old message.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Kent State graduate used her college graduation photos to promote her answer to the gun crisis in America: arm the students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With his term not even half complete, Trump’s environmental legacy has the potential to be the worst of any modern president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Innovative startup E6PR has created edible six-pack rings, but do the environmental benefits justify the higher production cost?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If even their best baristas routinely misspell customer names, then a half-day of training probably won’t solve much.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hateful communities of men have been forming at alarming rates across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of a new policy for the National Football League, controversy surrounding kneeling during the National Anthem continues.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The less attended and publicized hearing provided disturbing insights into Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and free speech.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent breakthroughs in 20th-century murder cases have led to a new debate over police access to genealogy databases and privacy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Volunteers at Siena College are using 3D printing technology to create prosthetic limbs for children.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Recent actions from the governments of the United States and Israel might signal a shift in the fate of the popular two-state solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a time when even the cold facts are questioned, journalists may find strength in embracing subjectivity — and breaking journalistic conventions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Student Andrew Schneidawind wanted to show politicians the fear that students and teachers live through every day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The league’s controversial decision to ban the protest might just lead to further political activism.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

De Blasio has told the NYPD to come up with a plan to stop the police from wasting their time making ‘unnecessary’ arrests for pot.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Houston football star has a history of altruism when it comes to his adopted city.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Uber recently changed its policies on sexual assault, giving victims a platform to speak out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

A student-started petition has suggested ‘hippos’ or ‘riverhorses’ in places of the Colonials, a term they claim is too deeply tied to systemic oppression.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With a population of about 30,000 transgender individuals, Lahore becomes the home of Pakistan’s first ever school for transgender students.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

According to his lawyer, Cosby received too harsh of a sentence, which they claim is partly a result of the court allowing so many women to testify against him.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For an event that claims to celebrate free speech, Wolf has come under fire for speaking too freely.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The father of Meadow Pollack says he doesn’t want money or restitution, he simply wants to expose Scot Peterson as a coward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Hannity was just recently discovered to be the third mysterious client of Michael Cohen and he won’t stop denying it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

T-Mobile and Sprint have announced plans to combine companies, despite uncertainty as to whether the Justice Department will allow the merger.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an era of free nipples and female empowerment, dress codes feel more regressive each day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fascists try to hide in plain sight on social media by using dog whistles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Screens x

Imagine: Instead of just making jokes about problems, someone made a show about actually trying to fix them?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Support for Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen is taking a severe toll on the civilian population and the U.S.’s foreign policy is a contributing factor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Breaking down the recent events surrounding Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and how they could impact democracy going forward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Palestinians have taken a stand in Gaza, and they are demanding that they be heard and given the basic human rights that they deserve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Without any actions of her own, the Princess has landed a milestone in the modernization of the royal family.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

What does it mean to lose 1,500 children anyway?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

There’s never been something like this before.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Sun’s out, panels out.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Maybe he’s on to something after all?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Oh, the hypocrisy.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

Responsive Image

Christina Garcia, a key member of TIME Magazine’s #MeToo cover, has been accused of a slew of sexually inappropriate advances by male staff members.

Responsive Image

Though one of the most affluent cities in the country, San Francisco has struggled to deal with its rampant homelessness.

Responsive Image

The app taking the birth control industry by storm.

Responsive Image

It’s as clear as their new backpacks that many students don’t approve of the privacy-invading bags.

Responsive Image

Vaping has risen from a trend to a social phenomenon, and few demographics are taking to the tech more quickly than undergraduates.

Responsive Image

Let’s elevate South Asian creators who are addressing the lack of brown representation in TV and film, unlike ‘The Simpsons’ creators who refuse to.

Responsive Image

As Parkland survivor David Hogg said, we can have all the walkouts we want, but if we don’t walk into the voting stations, none of this matters.

Responsive Image

Cheerleaders, staples of NFL culture, are calling time out on unfair treatment and workplace harassment.

Responsive Image

While the pink-collar economy is growing, the wages aren’t.

Responsive Image

Several college-oriented Instagram accounts are objectifying women while their followers remain oblivious.

Responsive Image

Despite what major news outlets claim, condom snorting isn’t popular amongst teens.

Responsive Image

Connor Clegg, the student body president of Texas State in San Marcos, was found guilty of all six articles of impeachment.

Responsive Image

Another day, another scandal.

Responsive Image

How a group of Feminist artists are fighting the Trump administration with phone booth graffiti.

Responsive Image

If DACA students’ citizenship changes, they could be considered international or undocumented students, a change in nomenclature with significant ramifications.

Responsive Image

Financial expert Patrick Harker thinks the ways college is financed could hurt low- and middle-income students from succeeding.

Responsive Image

Canadians mourn the loss of 16 people who died in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, with the Saskatchewanian families affected receiving overwhelming support.