News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

The firing follows Netflix’s dismissal of Kevin Spacey, showing that networks are becoming quicker to sever ties with anyone accused of sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Zachary Donohue and Madison Hubbell are either very committed to their craft or stumbled upon an uber convenient way to call things off.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Students argue that the programs essentially act as affirmative action for the wealthy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The recent ‘pig roast’ scandal at Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity might be shocking, but it isn’t as unusual as you’d think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After former student Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 individuals on Wednesday, further reports of his mental instability and warnings signs are surfacing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Black Lives Matter protestors are demonized by society, Philadelphia residents were praised for their destructive victory celebrations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While #MeToo sweeps America, a group of French women reject the movement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

USA is dominating at the Winter Olympics and even in a competitive atmosphere, countries are coming together for the sake of the games.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

In response to the broader #MeToo movement and its ‘Shitty Media Men’ list, senior Elizabeth Dunn leaded the names of 30 ‘men to avoid.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

David Nadlinger took first place in an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council competition with his minuscule, groundbreaking picture of an atom.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Warmbier’s father attended the opening ceremony to remind the world of North Korea’s brutality, but more importantly as a father mourning the loss of his son.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From the viewpoints of those who fight it, fake news is formidable, but not invincible.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As emotional support animals become more popular, colleges are grappling with their effects, including what to tell the randomly assigned roommate.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It seems as if the ‘American dream’ might not be possible for all students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hijabs are part of a broader line of clothing, called the Veronica Collection, designed to offer Muslim women more fashion-forward options for their clothing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rather than learn about gender identity, South Dakota Sen. Phil Jensen wants students to focus on ‘reading, writing and arithmetic.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a statement from the university, representatives claim that she was not participating in the Tide Pod challenge, but rather trying to intentionally self-harm.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 2020 election could be the chance for Democrats to choose the right presidential candidate based on political experience, not celebrity status.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The country’s infrastructure is deteriorating, but a new emphasis on reconstruction and trade schools could be the solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Even well-respected companies have PR disasters from time to time, but these 20 most-hated companies take it to a whole other level.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The British territory has become the first jurisdiction to abolish same-sex marriage, after the unions were legalized less than a year ago.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

After comparing the weights of the women they’ve slept with, members of Zeta Beta Tau who participated in the ‘Pig Roast’ will undergo counseling and more.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Salt is among the hottest commodities once the winter comes, but people are considering replacing salt with sand for the de-icing purpose.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With Cloud9’s victory at the ELEAGUE Boston Major this January, North American Counter-Strike is no longer a joke.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Change begins at the collegiate level – if college campuses can end the Pence rule, then so can society.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indians have decided the join many other professional sports teams in the nationwide movement of abandoning offensive branding.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Earlier this year, Google announced new rules regarding monetization of contents on its video service, YouTube.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Through a series of proposed bills, Washington lawmakers hope to provide homeless college students stable access to basic amenities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rocket Lab’s new satellite, Humanity Star, launches a frenzy in the scientific community in its quest for universal connectivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Mexican, Canadian and American representatives begin to amend NAFTA, only Canada seems concerned with fixing the agreement’s human rights abuses.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After a second-trimester abortion ban barely failed in the Senate, it looks like 2018 is turning into another year where women’s healthcare will face multiple challenges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The proliferation of cryptocurrencies has made drug-trafficking on the dark web easier, which has in turn exacerbated the country’s opioid epidemic.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The actions of the involved students and the class’s professor, Dr. Flavio Uribe, have been called ‘disturbing’ and ‘inexcusable.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

By changing the language to include women, Canada’s gender-neutral national anthem has taken a step to rectify its patriarchal vestiges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Following in the footsteps of New York’s Excelsior Scholarship, proponents of the College for All Act are calling for free college in California.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With a new policy on marijuana, San Francisco is giving past offenders a second chance at life without a criminal record.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Like other musicians before him, Jack White announced a plan to ban the use of phones at concerts, but audiences deserve to make that choice for themselves.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Amazon Go launched its first store in Seattle, which left many people both hopeful and worrisome about the future of the cashier-less shopping concept.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By setting aside revenue from their cannabis tax, Pueblo County has funded over 420 scholarships that send high school graduates to local colleges.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

No, this isn’t a new Sherlock Holmes novel. Officer Pinheiro of the Baltimore Police Department has been indicted for planting evidence at a crime scene.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

WWF and XFL founder Vince McMahon promised a gimmick-free football league with the XFL’s return.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two recently awarded patents have brought Amazon closer to tracking their employees’ movements, news that bodes ill for break-takers and time-killers everywhere.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Alt-right and other racist groups have increasingly chosen college campuses as prime vehicles for spreading hate speech, hate crimes and acts of xenophobic violence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Cabinet Files’ surfaced just as the Australian Parliament was set to discuss new espionage laws that could criminalize such a discovery.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the wake of a highly publicized scandal, disrepute and depravity mar USA Gymnastics’ honor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although justice has been served in the Larry Nassar trial, progress remains delayed for Hollywood accusers demanding justice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Judge Aquilina’s demeanor may come off cutthroat, but she’s become a beacon of justice for the USA Gymnastics sexual abuse victims.

By

Responsive image

These four organizations are providing mental health services for Asian Americans in a community that has a stigma against them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Harley Barber’s racist video got her expelled but also shined a new light on an old conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though progress has been made in the most recent NAFTA negotiations, creating a better deal will require more compromise between the American, Canadian and Mexican partners.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fewer imports and fewer jobs means less green energy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games have become an arena for social change as athletes confront rape culture, homophobia and tension between nations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After an exposé detailed the black market for purchasing social media followers, scores of users have seen their Twitter followers drop.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite efforts to show support for women in the recent #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, the Grammys instead sparked a new hashtag: #GrammysSoMale.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Dr. Donald Milton, a professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, created the Gesundheit machine to better understand how the flu spreads.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Brooklyn College’s preference for policemen to use specific school bathrooms raises questions about public safety on college campuses across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Before his State of the Union address on Tuesday night, President Trump signed an executive order to keep open the controversial detention center.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Democrats are hopeful that O’Rourke will defeat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in the 2018 midterm elections and take over the largely red state.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Another day, another shooting; America’s been here before. The question is, is anything going to change this time around?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

His lawyer, Michael Proctor, told press that the actor was a good person who was just trying to pay for his mistakes and bad judgment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The trio of business magnates have joined forces to create a health care plan for their employees, a move that promises to disrupt traditional health care providers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In his address, President Trump laid out a plan for incorporating bipartisan ideas into an immigration plan.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

With an ever-changing political climate, America could see unfortunate regressions in study abroad programs, both locally and internationally.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

You may reconsider applying for college loans after seeing the startling statistics behind student investment debt.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If government money stops flowing, university systems across the country would freeze, including certain financial-aid packages and ongoing research grants.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Though Kendrick Lamar, Donald Glover and Bruno Mars took home a slew of high honors, critics claim that the Grammys snubbed female artists.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The astrological unicorn, which will be visible this Wednesday, is the result of three separate, moon-related phenomena all occurring at once.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You have been misled; flossing doesn’t need to be a top priority in your dental hygiene routine anymore.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The former Olympic gymnastics doctor was sentenced to up to 175 years behind bars, and the athletic community needs to learn from the scandal.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Once only reserved for gamers, augmented reality has found its way into the medical field through simulation-learning apps like HoloLens.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In an effort to improve the site, the new Facebook changes are designed to increase user-to-user interaction and reduce the creepy feeling of being spied on.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The 28-year-old figure skater Adam Rippon was recently named the third member of the men’s team, but not without controversy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Barbara Harris, founder of Project Prevention, has some permanent solutions that might conflict with your moral landscape.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Trump administration could leave 200,000 Salvadorans deported after 17 years of building lives in the U.S. and despite obvious safety concerns in El Salvador.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With high political tension across the country, 2017 was a dynamic year for all minorities, in both good ways and bad.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

This true story about the Washington Post will have every college student changing their major.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Congress has a full plate of work as well as the uncertainty of the midterms to balance during this new year.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the effort to maintain campaign commitments is ever-present, President Trump will need the additional support a bipartisan Congress can offer to move forward in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With assisted-suicide machines in the works, having a hand in your own death could be easier than ever in the near future.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Californians ring in the New Year with a recurring case of the munchies, a new era for legal weed also begins.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You no longer need a dealer to get pot in California because marijuana shops open their doors to recreational sales to everyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Roy Moore, former Alabama Senate candidate, believes that America was great during slavery. How these microaggressions lead to macroaggressions and the reasons behind them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Whether you’re a full-time or dual-enrolled college student, you can look forward to some of these benefits resulting from the recent tax bill.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Did any of this even happen?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a successful governor and representative of minorities, Nikki Haley has the potential to make it all the way to the Oval Office.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The College of the Atlantic is setting a nationwide example for how forward-thinking universities should approach environmental sustainability.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Indivior’s newly developed drug, Sublocade, may reshape the battle against opioid addiction.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The relationship of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry provides insight into the problem of the ideal white beauty within the black community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Brock Turner, former Stanford swimmer and convicted rapist, wants to overturn his conviction, but how does this affect college students?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

What effects have the California fires had on the state’s students, and how will the fires affect their campuses and their families?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A short story was the latest thing to catch the internet’s attention, but how did a piece of fiction from the New Yorker manage to storm through Twitter?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These highlights from the 2017 edition of ‘The Best American Nonrequired Reading’ provide perfect snapshots of the topics in which defined this past year.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With the recent rollbacks of net neutrality laws by the FCC, many are arranging funeral services for the once free and open web.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Alabama’s recent Senatorial special election made history, but only by a nose. What does the contentious election say about voters?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Silence Breakers earned Time’s Person of the Year, but there is a cynical downside to their victory.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Wish.com is under fire after publishing an ad for plus size tights, which shows how slow changes are being made to include all women in fashion.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Respectable journalism is dying at the hands of the rich, which leaves the future of the industry looking stark and uncertain.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In light of the Roy Moore allegations, it’s a wonder conservatives can still cry “family values” because this isn’t the first time the party has supported a sexual predator.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Many of President Trump’s decisions aren’t well received by the public, but when it comes to Jerusalem, he may have mildly solved an ancient dispute.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Robert Mueller is gunning for the truth and former national security adviser Michael Flynn is directly in his crosshairs.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Did any of this even happen?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

If the bill becomes official, college students will quite literally be paying the price.

Responsive Image

The gaming platform, Steam, dropped using the form of currency called Bitcoin, but does anyone actually know what Bitcoin is?

Responsive Image

Following the Alabama election, let’s take a look at the results, reactions and their broader implications.

Responsive Image

Former Today Show co-host Matt Lauer is another example of men in power using women to their advantage.

Responsive Image

As the Trump administration plans to downsize national monument lands, energy interests seem to be the reason for change despite protests.

Responsive Image

The FCC will vote on December 14 to repeal internet regulations, which currently require internet service providers to treat all internet traffic equally.

Responsive Image

Even if President Trump declines to, you can celebrate the accomplishments of these five outstanding entertainers–this year’s honorees.

Responsive Image

It may be hard at times to believe an alleged victim of sexual harassment, so here are some tips to know when considering both sides of the story.

Responsive Image

For both faculty and students alike, moving forward after the Ontario colleges strike will take more than just time and financial compensation.

Responsive Image

How hard is it to find politicians who haven’t been accused of sexual harassment?

Responsive Image

Why the Asian American community needs to deal with its anti-blackness ideals.

Responsive Image

PC culture might be able to save us from the alt-right and their Nazi leaders, and it’s time for college campuses to put their foot down.

Responsive Image

The International Olympic Committee decided that Russia will be banned from the 2018 Olympic Winter Games following its doping investigation.

Responsive Image

There’s recently been an inundation of allegations of sexual assault and harassment, and while troubling, it’s imperative these accounts are heard.

Responsive Image

The case will answer whether it’s a First Amendment violation to require crisis pregnancy centers to share incriminating information.

Responsive Image

The new House tax bill could mean more dollar bills out of pocket for you.

Responsive Image

As a result of their own struggles with racism and injustice in the U.S., Asians and Asian Americans have exhibited a history of complicity in the oppression of black bodies.

Responsive Image

In its first few months of providing subsidized tuition to qualified New York students, the Excelsior Scholarship has raised a number of questions about the viability of a bankrolled education.