News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As the Trump administration plans to downsize national monument lands, energy interests seem to be the reason for change despite protests.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The FCC will vote on December 14 to repeal internet regulations, which currently require internet service providers to treat all internet traffic equally.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Even if President Trump declines to, you can celebrate the accomplishments of these five outstanding entertainers–this year’s honorees.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

It may be hard at times to believe an alleged victim of sexual harassment, so here are some tips to know when considering both sides of the story.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For both faculty and students alike, moving forward after the Ontario colleges strike will take more than just time and financial compensation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How hard is it to find politicians who haven’t been accused of sexual harassment?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Why the Asian American community needs to deal with its anti-blackness ideals.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

PC culture might be able to save us from the alt-right and their Nazi leaders, and it’s time for college campuses to put their foot down.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The International Olympic Committee decided that Russia will be banned from the 2018 Olympic Winter Games following its doping investigation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

There’s recently been an inundation of allegations of sexual assault and harassment, and while troubling, it’s imperative these accounts are heard.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The case will answer whether it’s a First Amendment violation to require crisis pregnancy centers to share information about state-funded abortion services and the medical licensing of the clinic.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The new House tax bill could mean more dollar bills out of pocket for you.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a result of their own struggles with racism and injustice in the U.S., Asians and Asian Americans have exhibited a history of complicity in the oppression of black bodies.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In its first few months of providing subsidized tuition to qualified New York students, the Excelsior Scholarship has raised a number of questions about the viability of a bankrolled education.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Twitter’s new 280-character limit is all fun and games until the president starts to use it for his rants, insults and misuse of classified information.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Leave it to white privilege to find three jokes in ‘Get Out’ and call it a comedy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As the Afghanistan War nears the two-decade mark, a bevy of social media resources have sprung up to help bring the conflict back into the popular consciousness.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How well do you think you know your Canadian neighbors?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now more than ever, men need to reexamine the ways they treat women. Isn’t that what chivalry has always preached?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With actor Affleck’s turn as the Caped Crusader rumored to be ending, here’s a breakdown of the top three contenders for his replacement: Jake Gyllenhaal, Matthew Goode and Michael Fassbender.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The usual m.o. for negative press—pass a self-imposed ban, promise things will be different and then, when the smoke blows over, return to business as usual—might not work this time.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indian army has systematically carried out the disappearances of over eight thousand Kashmiris. Where are the bodies?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Women make up nearly 50.8 percent of the population, yet they only account for 19.6 percent of the U.S. Congress. What gives?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an eery parallel to the 1940s internment camps of Japanese Americans, hundreds of legal Cambodian-Americans citizens are being held without reason.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Considering the number of injuries to team passers this season, is it just ‘bad luck’ or is it becoming tougher to protect quarterbacks in today’s NFL?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You both love dogs, eating ice cream and watching Game of Thrones. It’s all wonderful, but what about when the dating turns to politics?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A surprising wave of Democrats inundated Virginia politics, and many think Trump is the reason why.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A new study has found that gamers outperform non-gamers in attention tests, so go ahead, log back on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Why we should all be terrified of the rise of the European far right.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The origin of the hashtag that sparked a social media uprising.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Here are just a few light talking points for family dinners during the holiday season!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

This week’s local elections show a changing face for our legislators.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The brand is back, but one question remains: Is it still the same as before?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Is living in a political bubble beneficial?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

New health care policies made by the Trump administration are going into effect soon, which means it’s time to stand up for women’s rights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, in which his history of unchecked sexual harassment became public, isn’t groundbreaking.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With tensions running high between the mass media and political actors, one question remains highly contested: Should media outlets give equal time to all sides of a story?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s hard to have a conversation with those that have opposing views. Here’s how you can fix that.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Struggling to find the perfect political commentary? Piker has your daily dose of news and politics while serving up looks you can’t resist.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The new Higher Education Access and Success for Homeless and Foster Youth Act, if passed, marks a significant step toward leveling the educational playing field for disadvantaged students.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

UW-Madison student activist Katherine Kerwin has a bone to pick with pro-gun legislation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Is Trump going too far to repeal and replace reforms under Obama’s administration? Or is he trying to make his own legacy as an American President?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Every time the words “mass murder” are spoken, the plight and genocide of millions of Native Americans continue to be forgotten.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Men who are willing to speak up can help the fight against sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

This decision will impact American politics, regardless of the outcome.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

What are the repercussions when schools cancel honors classes?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Bump stocks are more crucial to this debate than you may think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

American society runs on democracy and it’s important; but as a college student, are you using your democratic rights?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A look into Ta-Nehisi Coates’ article, “The Case for Reparations” and why reparations should be in the minds of all Americans.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As the first Korean drama to be remade for American television, the show proves that a series can be bigger than its entertainment value.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As you might imagine, the debate is about much more than language.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sometimes, health has nothing to do with whether you should get help.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With tracking devices, helmet cams and improved camera mobility, bungled calls may soon be a thing of the past.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Preparation is the key to survival when a tragic moment occurs at a music event.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Creator of ‘Hamilton’ Lin-Manuel Miranda has put together a massive effort to rally Puerto Rican celebrities and send aid to the devastated island.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Identifying terrorism by its correct name is the first step in combatting the crime itself.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Puerto Rico is suffering from a severe hurricane that hit weeks ago, though President Trump’s delayed response suggests otherwise.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Seventeen older adults commit suicide every day for one hidden reason: The ignorance towards elders with mental illnesses.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The revisions of Title IX by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos leave many campuses anxious about the future of sexual assault.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With insurance costs on the rise, it’s time to bring universal health coverage into the ongoing conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Donald Trump and the “Big Six” are already hitting some major tax reform roadblocks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the industries that Amazon has eaten, grocery shopping may prove the toughest to swallow.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmys has deeper implications than its face value.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

What Zadie Smith’s ‘White Teeth’ can teach us about tolerance and terrorism.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Under the recently passed Forever GI Bill, combat veterans will receive expanded access to higher education, which benefits them and the country they served.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

After war erupted as Yemeni native Nada Al-Thawr was leaving her country, the Mount Holyoke student has begun an aggressive campaign to bring her country’s plight to the attention of anyone who will listen.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Going forward, schools need to better execute sexual harassment investigations as well as investigate as independently and thoroughly as possible.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the topics Trump could have discussed on social media, he chose to focus on athletes who refused to stand for the American flag.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If it’s still hard for you to wrap your head around last year’s election, Clinton’s personal account may help you come to terms.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You gotta understand, bro, that going commando will make you feel in command, yo!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How to have faith in the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate over which organizations are trustworthy and why we need to lend a helping hand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Racial issues can’t be solved if people don’t understand them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hurricane situations can be scary, but also a bit odd.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reversing DACA means exposing 800,000 young people to deportation, and the president himself may not fully understand the extent of his act

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their decision to directly reflect reality, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have broached any entirely new level of terror.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The latest entry in Sega’s classic franchise handed development over to the fans, and the results are convincing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

One side wants to murder everyone; the other wants to stop them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Trump carefully crafted his public image from businessman to leader of the free world, and turned it into a nationally recognizable brand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Understanding the history of Confederacy monuments as well as legal roadblocks in their removal is essential, no matter where you fall on the issue.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As DeVos and the Trump administration reexamine the threshold of evidence needed to prove sexual assault, their critics point to the statistics surrounding false allegations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Senate Bill 4 comes into law, its similarities to another infamously racist piece of legislation are hard to ignore. Will it meet the same fate as the 1850 ‘Bloodhound Law’?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After every other host city dropped out, the IOC just narrowly avoided having to cancel the Olympics.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now that several media companies have plans to launch their own streaming services, cable is beginning to look a lot more attractive.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sponsored x

Trump’s executive orders have covered policies in national security, infrastructure, healthcare, and trade, so it makes sense that up next on the chopping block is fiscal policy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With the arrival of the web retailer’s on-campus locations, the company is taking another giant step in disrupting traditional commerce.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Does the show live up to the hype of previous Marvel Netflix series?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Can it be…both?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Two days after visiting Holocaust sites in Europe, I couldn’t help but worry as I followed the breaking news about the Charlottesville protests.

Responsive Image

The internet isn’t trying to steal your boyfriend.

Responsive Image

By sending fifteen new songs to Adult Swim, legendary underground rapper MF DOOM has ended his three-year musical hiatus.

Responsive Image

The indie production company made famous by ‘Moonlight’ has become a safe haven for cutting-edge flicks and new-age marketing.

Responsive Image

Despite overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary, society still treats rape allegations with skepticism. Why?

Responsive Image

Physically following someone has become unnecessary.

Responsive Image

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

Responsive Image

Based on the 1954 teleplay ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ the feminist reinterpretation asks critical questions about how much race and gender relations have really changed in the last half-century.

Responsive Image

The influential, spiritual and ultimately suicidal founder of Pro Era will have an album of his unfinished work posthumously released on the five-year anniversary of his death, an event that remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

Responsive Image

It’s all fun and games until Trump goes too far.

Responsive Image

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

Responsive Image

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

Responsive Image

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

Responsive Image

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

Responsive Image

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

Responsive Image

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

Responsive Image

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

Responsive Image

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.