News & Politics

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hot new health fad, which calls for abstaining from food for long periods and then gorging yourself briefly, is almost brutal in its simplicity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The MassArt student and founder of the Green Arts Network brings Boston-area artists together to spur conservation-oriented change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

When Peter Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who popularized the challenge, filmed himself being doused in ice water, he had no idea the impact the video would have.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent death of Kyara is just the latest reminder that though orcas die at an alarming rate in captivity, SeaWorld has refused to free its remaining twenty-two whales.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Though the competition is often maligned for promoting stereotypes, the organization has made positive changes in recent years and remains the largest provider of scholarships for women in the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A recent NYU study of Donald’s Trump’s tweets has revealed the key trait in almost all viral content.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Go from being a couch potato to a couch professional, all while making money and enjoying a flexible schedule.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The movie adaptation of Jenny Han’s YA novel will bring substantial Asian-American representation to the big screen for the first time in two decades.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

No quick fix will ever replace a healthy lifestyle, and any diet that promises otherwise is a bad idea.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

While Christopher Nolan’s WWII production is getting rave reviews in the English-speaking world, some groups feel that the film glosses over their historical contributions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The transgender community is fighting for gender neutral public bathrooms, but they aren’t the only ones inconvenienced by the lack of them.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Inspiration porn, which objectifies disabled individuals by pitying or praising them, remains one of society’s most cringe-worthy mainstays.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Like everything else, veganism exists on a spectrum. Where do you land?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Where other female rappers have broken into the male-dominated world of hip-hop by out-manning their competition, Noname flips the script, delivering soft, dense lines of poetry.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Spurred by suppressions of conservative thought on colleges across the country, state lawmakers nationwide are enacting legislation to protect a right that has founds its traditional protector and prosecutor reversed.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The DuVernay test, named after the African-American director, assesses films’ racial representation in the same way the Bechdel test did for gender inclusivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The College of Holy Cross is just the latest institution to consider changing its mascot to reflect the times, but moves like these are rarely the social justice victory they hope to be.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Arena’s second stint as the USMNT coach matches an old wolf with a team of young pups. Will he be able to rescue the U.S. from obscurity?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After more than nine seasons, the series has become an institution in the LGBT+ community. If it’s ever going to be mainstream, though, a few things need to change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

There are plenty of ways to celebrate antebellum society that don’t involve commemorating the Confederacy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Kamala Khan, a teenager growing up in Jersey City, uses the ordinariness of her life to subvert many of the stereotypes surrounding Islam in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Pop culture is full of problematic media, but finding pleasure in hip hop, ‘The Bachelor’ or ‘The Lord of the Rings’ doesn’t mean you can’t be critical.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The entertainment expo offered trailers and teasers galore, but, as usual, the biggest news was what Disney barely mentioned.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The BU student, who split her childhood between Romania and France, is developing software to keep child refugees safe by allowing them to communicate with humanitarian workers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The UMass student, who has a last name built for politics, built himself a coalition of supporters through grassroots campaigns and encouraging students to vote.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Russia, Trump and the moral vacuum of the modern GOP.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The far right’s favorite insult is a reflection of what scares them most.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In recent years, the network has produced numerous critically acclaimed, socially important dramas and comedies.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘New York Times’ copy editors’ walkout reveals the great paradox of modern journalism—there is more to cover but fewer resources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For a generation infamous for breaking from tradition, they seem particularly interested in their genetic heritage.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The series, which follows a band of wayward female wrestlers, seamlessly blends stereotype subversion into its ’80s training montages.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Technology has made the nonconsensual leaking of others’ explicit media into an epidemic, but the tech industry has some tricks up its sleeve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Theresa May and the British state are torn between appearing resolute in their demands and striking a deal that doesn’t hurt English citizens.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Once tasked with regulating industry and protecting the well-being of America’s natural world, the EPA has become a haven for anti-science and anti-environmentalism attitudes. Why? Because of Scott Pruitt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Political rhetoric has turned gun ownership into an untouchable issue that relies on paranoia and fearmongering. In reality, the conversation is simple.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their effort to ‘de-monetize’ videos with inappropriate content, the video site has arbitrarily punished the creators of wrestling commentary, leaving the entire industry reeling.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of the contiguous United States, patriotism looks a little different.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The Santa Clara University student, who will be traveling to Bolivia this summer to work with a female co-op producing sustainable clothing, weaves social justice into her sustainable clothing line.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The show “Uthando Nes’thembu,” which follows Musa Mseleku and his four wives, offers a glimpse into a society where polyamory is more normalized than in America.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

“Black Panther,” a film with a 90 percent African-American cast, needs to be successful to reiterate an important point to Hollywood—that audiences want representation.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Art has long been considered a means for artists to create new realities, but cultural sensitivity has challenged that license.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The YouTube star has admitted to preying on young, female fans, so why is he getting away with it?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The film, which is narrated by Samuel L. Jackson and sourced from Baldwin’s writing, poses questions that were as relevant at the time of their writing as they are today.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though she was indicted for involuntary manslaughter, Carter’s real crime was her subversion of society’s archaic notions of suicide, which treat suffering as morally preferable to relief.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At a time when campus shootings seem to happen every day, how will the Campus Carry Bill affect safety at Georgia colleges?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Hasan Minhaj, Sasheer Zamata and Trevor Noah are pushing viewers out of their comfort zones and making social justice center stage.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Republican response to Obama’s Dodd-Frank Act, called the Financial Choice Act, undoes many of the safeguards put in place to prevent another recession.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Now that the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program is on the block, students like me have been forced to scramble for new plans to repay our loans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though much ink has been spilt decrying the social and political concerns of the structure, its ecological ramifications are jaw-dropping.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If you think topics like auto lending and Puerto Rico’s debt crisis can’t be funny, think again.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For the sixth year running, the company has released a handful of products dedicated to affirming their belief that people, like athletes, are defined by their actions, not their beliefs or sexual orientations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The real danger posed by terrorism is psychological, which means that the media is responsible for its potency.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Coach bought the designer to broaden its appeal to millennials, but the demographic has proved fickle in the past.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Counter to Trump’s logic, his decision will harm the world economically, environmentally and diplomatically.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Instead of listing all the things Trump does wrong, let’s talk about what motivates him to do so.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The long-awaited health care plan isn’t just another piece of shoddy legislation—it’s downright dangerous.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

On the bright side, the president’s tour of Saudi Arabia, Israel, Italy and Belgium could have been worse.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

For decades, stigma has discouraged women from reporting sexual assault. But have even deeper taboos suppressed men from reporting theirs?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From diplomatic insight to fart jokes, the Catholic community had plenty to say about the meeting of world leaders.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The modern response to protests is to critique their participants, not their message, and these ad hominem attacks hurt both parties.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Britain has raised its threat level to ‘critical,’ and France has been in a ‘state of emergency’ for five years. Such precautions have ominous ramifications.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Not only does the search engine skew your results, but you may already be paying for a better alternative.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Despite the fact that voters across the aisle have expressed disdain for the Clintons, the DNC and the media seem to agree that doubling down is the answer.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Created largely in response to counter alt-right violence, the ARA and other groups only escalate the fraught political atmosphere.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

By using the courts to combat Trump’s agenda, the DNC risks defanging the presidency that they hope to win back in four years.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After reports of the program’s cessation conflicted with the White House’s statement, the country is left wondering why women’s education is negotiable at all.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Six things you need to know about Emmanuel Macron and the future of France.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Government has a system of checks and balances, so should the media.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Do you know the difference between news and clickbait?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Diversity of perspective is a critical part of college, but not when it comes to empirical knowledge.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

He recently deemed the organization no longer ‘obsolete,’ signaling a shift toward a more globalist policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You should be using Facebook and Twitter to spread information, not verdicts.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After saying goodbye to both Bill O’Reilly and Roger Ailes, the network stands poised to usher in a new era of conservative cable.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Most millennials have never known a world without perpetual war, weekly shootings and extremist attacks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump’s recent missile strike may have more to do with Pyongyang than Aleppo.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conflict in the Middle East is a lot closer to home than you think.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The plan, dubbed the Excelsior Scholarship, is ambitious but imperfect. Here are its biggest drawbacks.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

The petty bickering might be frustrating, but it was designed to be.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After visiting with a few other foreign-exchange students, I couldn’t help but notice how similar the country is to another communist nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Supporting scientific innovation, especially the kind that saves lives and makes money, wasn’t a partisan issue before President Trump.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Why Americans hate Russians and Russians hate Americans, in a nutshell.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If you only read the title of this article, please don’t share it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If you think admitting your privilege is self-effacing, then you’re in for a pleasant surprise.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With sweeping cuts to the arts, education and sciences, and increased defense and fossil-fuel funding, Trump appears to be on the warpath.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Allen’s inflammatory remarks on ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ prove that he still is a tool man.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Climate change might be just what the world needs.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Catcalling, like other, more serious versions of misogyny, is a habit that men need to change, not women.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though Trump claims the news media is his enemy, much of his political platform would be nonexistent without their fearmongering.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Culture /// News & Politics x

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

You belong on campus. Misogynists don’t.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

All she had to do was stay…on streaming services.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Because it can’t be all bad.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

What would you do if your loved ones were drafted?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

What does the removal of Korea’s first democratically elected female president mean for the country?

Responsive Image

In an historically ironic role reversal, Germany now appears to be the one stable country in a sea of demagogues.

Responsive Image

What Trump’s promise to decrease funding for the National Endowment for the Arts means for the United States.

Responsive Image

In the eyes of Cooper Hefner, ‘Playboy’ and its nudity are bastions of self-expression that have empowered women for decades. How wrong is he?

Responsive Image

America has always been proud, but its presidents have usually been humble. What will change under a narcissistic commander in chief?

Responsive Image

The Republicans’ newly proposed plan promises increased choice and lower prices, but theorists predict otherwise.

Responsive Image

One in every four prisoners on the planet is in an American jail. Why?

Responsive Image

His promise to tell things the way they are has backfired so badly that even his supporters urge critics not to interpret him literally.

Responsive Image

The people of Lancaster, PA, could teach Americans a thing or two about balancing politics and humanity.

Responsive Image

Honestly, I don’t know how anyone could criticize these photographs.

Responsive Image

The hypocrisy is getting pretty hard to ignore.

Responsive Image

With demand for a more highly educated workforce increasing, perhaps free college isn’t as radical as opponents argue.

Responsive Image

Since you were probably a teenager when it debuted, here’s everything you need to know about the ACA and its Republican-proposed replacement.

Responsive Image

Based almost entirely in what would today be called alternative facts, anti-Jewish sentiment is an age-old response to the misleading worldview caused by us-them binaries. 

Responsive Image

An in-depth look at the controversy that might result in the biggest political scandal in American history.

Responsive Image

Though ostensibly progressive, Gabbard opposes the removal of Al-Assad from Syria and has been endorsed by a former KKK grand wizard.

Responsive Image

The president plans to fund the $54 billion increase by cutting programs such as the EPA and foreign aid.

Responsive Image

Boston, the most Irish city in America, is tarnishing its St. Patrick’s Day Parade with homophobia.