Music

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Oakland-area musician is singing and yelling and shouting ideas everyone needs to hear.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Although it took several high-profile deaths, mental health has finally becoming a national talking point.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

She’s a successful artist who cares about women’s issues, okurrrr?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds x

Infowars might be a joke, but the audience it’s building isn’t funny at all.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

In recent years, the former flower-toting lead singer of the the Smiths has become increasingly racist and Islamophobic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A new radio documentary dives into the mystery surrounding one of the world’s most secretive musicians.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Five albums later, Drake still manages to bring the feels.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The project, which releases this Friday, aims to ‘strip genitalia away from the norms of music.’

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

So far, they’ve managed to outsmart thousands of fans determined to decode the clues.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If she can’t make it big, K-pop might be in trouble.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Self-love, body positivity and female empowerment galore.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Here are four other twosomes that need to put out music together, asap.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s one big chilled out synth-fest … where every song sounds the same.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Lead singer Brendon Urie’s struggles with substance abuse and mental health are front and center in the new album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

When he grows up, even Adonis will be disappointed with his dad’s first double album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Melissa Schuman and another woman’s accusations against Nick Carter prove that even pop icons are no longer untouchable.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young, iridescent producer continues to fuse electronic music with dense hyperactivity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

When the praises go up, the blessings come down.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Four albums later, Florence Welch is finally letting audiences into her world.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Her songwriting is all about that basic lack of commonsense.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The album’s impressive streaming record might actually be its least surprising quality.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The release lives up to its name, offering listeners a side of the South Korean singer they’ve never seen before.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Though his hijinks, music and literature might be controversial, they all aim to empower the queer community.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

According to the Church of Latter Day Saints, homosexuality is still explicitly sinful. Reynolds wants to fix that.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

She knows she’s famous enough to release a No. 1 album with zero publicity.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Like manna in the dessert, ‘Raindrops’ has come to sustain desperate Grande fans.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The eight-track ‘K.T.S.E.’ sees Taylor in gloss, with priceless production behind her and a voice like Noname.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Instead of asking “who,” the podcast asks “why?”

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song sounds awfully similar to ‘American Pharaoh’ by Jase Harley, though Glover’s manager has denied any connection.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Cardi said they kept the ceremony quiet to avoid an … invasion of privacy.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

His newest album, ‘Heaven and Earth,’ has glimpses of the once-in-a-generation talent that has the jazz world in awe.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The Philadelphia rapper’s eccentric debut album, ‘Whack World,’ is a fresh and amusing trip into the mind of its subversive creator.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a four-year hiatus, Minaj hopes to reclaim her title as Queen of rap.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The actress and singer recently revealed that she had broken her six years of sobriety.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Here’s what the stars of the movie are up to now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And thank god it’s not with ‘Friday.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album offers a retrospective take on the artist’s career and life, but often relies on tired pop tropes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You only get one chance to prove that you deserve the aux cord.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electronic savant recently released his sophomore album, ‘Compro,’ and is pushing the genre into uncharted, boundary-less territory.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The film, which stars a female lead, also recently signed Pinar Toprak to compose the score.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fittingly, the couple’s work of art belongs in a museum.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The big question is: Will we be getting their ‘Humanz’ sound, or a return to their more classic style?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Smith weaves metaphor and political discourse into a beautifully produced coming-of-age album.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Yes, I re-downloaded Tidal for this. And it was worth it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Chill, spacey and hypnotic, EDM should be your move for the summer.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Has Jussie made a name for himself separate from the hit musical TV drama?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Drake vs. Pusha T, Chief Keef vs. 6ix9ine and Lil Uzi Vert vs. Rich the Kid. What a time to be alive.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist formerly known as Christine and the Queens has rebranded.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

According to the Billboard chart lists from 2007 and 2017, music hasn’t changed all that much.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

The awards felt charged with a spirit of activism, a theme reinforced by the night’s biggest winners.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Paramore’s lead singer finds her new voice and her old laugh.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s going to be hard to beat the summer heat with this fire album at the top of the charts.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter’s 2018 album, ‘God’s Favorite Customer,’ is quieter, sadder and more honest than ever before.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The unremarkable four-track project has only served to sour his fan base.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

A wrap-up of the Drake/Pusha-T beef, with no detail spared.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Jumping into June means the year is already halfway over. Here are the best 2018 albums, with plenty more to come.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

After two years’ hiatus, and on the heels of a slew of controversial remarks, West is back.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Testing’ is a new look for A$AP, and it definitely feels a little awkward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In her second studio album, the Australian star captivates audiences with her nuanced introspection.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you’ve recovered from Coachella and are ready to bust out your IV Hydration Drip again, make sure not to miss these five acts!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Lil Wayne’s 2008 album is a modern-day classic ‘cause Wayne win, and they lose.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Lin-Manuel Miranda reinvents Hamilton content through creative collaborations, most recently releasing a version of ‘Helpless’ performed by punk rock band The Regrettes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You get all of the same acts, but without any of the selfies, $10 water bottles and drama.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Harlem artist’s latest album certainly pushes sonic boundaries, but feels at times like all style and no substance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Artists Pusha-T and Drake are a part of one of the most famous feuds in the music industry. How long will they let it go on?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With its increasing popularity, sad rap spreads awareness about mental illness and drug abuse in an industry fixated on partying.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Wide Awake!’ gives listeners an eclectic, energetic vibe to represent the nation’s unrest.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

She might be able to shake off the haters, but the stigma seems to stick.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Summer is the best time to listen to new music and find that perfect song that will follow you from the beach, BBQs and all of your fun in the sun.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Tejano music was heavily influenced by other cultures and its sound has been the musical backbone of Texas and its culture since the early 20th century.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a mediocre debut album, Puth’s ‘Voicenotes’ offers a great comeback for the artist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans point to the song’s parallels to the Greek myth of Narcissus, in which a self-obsessed protagonist commits suicide.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Shawn Mendes already has fans dancing around the room and connecting emotionally with his self-titled album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Despite being surrounded by controversy, Myrkur continues to surprise audiences with her undeniably beautiful sound.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

BTS’s unique use of social media has fostered the growth of a multi-language fan base like nothing that has been seen before.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

In her new album ‘Dirty Computer,’ Janelle Monáe reminds us once again why she’s one of the best political artists out there.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Singing songs from all six albums and multiple costumes changes, Swift delivers a performance you’re unlikely to forget.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

The animosity and beef fabricated by society and placed on female rappers in contrast to males is a sign that misogyny still exits in the arts world.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Prom? Breakup? Anniversary? There’s a song for that.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Jeffrey is dead. Long live SEX.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The four major categories will now have eight nominations instead of the usual five.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

In the new documentary, Gaga throws off her poker face.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Seriously, insanity.

Responsive Image

The music world is on edge.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Waves don’t die.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Either that or you’re impressively fiscally responsible.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

And thank god it’s not with ‘Friday.’

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

They’re back and badder than ever.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

And what about it?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

No, not Miami … Switzerland!

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s simp o’clock somewhere…

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

‘Where Are Ü Now’ in your faith, Justin?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Embrace the chill.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

This might be the year we finally retire Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out.”

Responsive Image

Police brutality, gun violence, media complicity and institutionalized racism all receive damning portrayals in Donald Glover’s new video.

Responsive Image

Similar to Lady Gaga, Freddy Mercury and David Bowie, Styles uses his platform to support the LGBTQ+ community.

Responsive Image

Ryan McCartan has successfully transitioned from acting to singing with the pending release of his debut EP.

Responsive Image

Who is the 9-year-old rapper who moves bricks, lives in the Hills and has your mama’s rent money?

Responsive Image

After taking a hiatus to explore other creative pursuits, Melinoe is back with a new single, ‘Cyclones,’ and fresh new sound.

Responsive Image

In the age of streaming, it isn’t unusual for projects from your favorite artists to disappear. Here’s why.

Responsive Image

In the stunning video for ‘All We Do,’ Oh Wonder asked filmmakers across the country, ‘What does it mean to be human?’

Responsive Image

Turns out YouTube is more than crazy cat videos and weird challenges.

Responsive Image

‘Despacito,’ aka the prime of 2017 pop culture, has inspired a revolution of bilingual collaborations.

Responsive Image

According to J. Cole, the fans are all to blame. And the rappers.

Responsive Image

Damn, Lamar.

Responsive Image

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

Responsive Image

If you couldn’t attend the second weekend, here’s what you missed.

Responsive Image

If you can afford them at all, obviously.

Responsive Image

With her new album ‘Invasion of Privacy,’ Cardi B is breaking records and rising to the top of the rap scene — and she’s just getting started.

Responsive Image

You can’t even fall asleep anymore without hearing the iconic, drawn-out ‘daddy’ running through your head.

Responsive Image

Pop music is cool and all, but nothing inspires good music like two public, heartbreaking relationships.