Music

Responsive image
Sounds x

Contemporary rhythm and blues has been one of the most prominent musical styles over the past few years — what are these global newcomers adding to the mix?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Canadian singer took the world by storm, and now with a newfound voice, she is determined to defeat the odds set upon her by the media.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The single may have come out two years ago, but the song remains even more relevant today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After two decades and traversing multiple genres, the rock duo has stayed loyal to the musical tradition that got them started.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The latest iteration of the long-running reality show franchise mixes song and romance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether he’s playing drums in Dead Weather or fronting his own White Stripes, the storied musician retains his own undeniable sound. 

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The rapper and comedian, real name Dave Burd, opens up on his autobiographical FXX television show.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The British singer remained mysterious and kept his fans engaged while he hinted at his music video drop.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The band has managed to create a unique sound and aesthetic with every new album, leaving many wondering what else they might have in store.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The K-pop group’s loyal fan base, known as the BTS ARMY, has run into some pushback in their quest to pump up views on platforms like YouTube.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With British, Spanish and Korean members, the UK band has people everywhere divided on what it means to be a K-pop group.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Florida rapper joins Billie Eilish and Lil Nas X as the latest artist accused of having a manufactured stardom. Are we too quick to affix the label of inauthenticity to popular musicians?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The lo-fi artist’s extended play is unapologetically emotional and honest, providing an exploration of what it means to move on from heartache.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The genre gets a bad rap, but those willing to dig deeper will find some clever ways of composing tight, compelling stories.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The band’s latest album is their first full-length in seven years, and depending on who you ask, it’s either a derivative retread or a much-need return to the sounds of the 2000s.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The versatile musician has moved beyond her ‘Whip My Hair’ days, and she deserves a lot more recognition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two California twins draw from a huge range of influences to make a sound that may not be commercial, but remains true to their artistic vision.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s not just festival cancellations that hurt. As COVID-19 continues to spread, the future of the business is starting to get dark.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The trailblazing style of the late guitar player can be seen in both blues and rock ‘n’ roll, including in artists like the Black Keys.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Once made up of musicians recording songs at home, the style is now infiltrating the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest release, ‘Fetch the Bolt Cutters,’ fights against perfection but still gets a rare 10.0 review from the long-running music site.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Because of the web, aspiring producers and musicians can go from making beats in their bedroom to featuring on tracks by big name artists.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Everything from just making sounds to the actual process of practicing can be life-changing.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The Korean American rap duo’s latest music video comments on the surge in xenophobia directed at Asian Americans in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electronic artist’s latest record draws on personal experiences and mixes a wide range of genres to create something mesmerizing and boldly experimental.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s been decades since the Mexican American singer was tragically killed, but her cultural impact lives on in many ways.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The former contestant on ‘The Voice’ is making parodies that we can all relate to while we’re under lockdown.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The title track begins, ‘You want a timeless song, I want to change the game.’ Over the course of 11 tracks, the British pop star accomplishes her goal.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song is blowing up all over social media, but as a piece of music, it doesn’t have much going for it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In a time when it seems impossible to stay sane because self-isolation, music is one of the best things to help us through.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hailing from Australia, this teenager is carrying on the legacy of his former mentor, Juice WRLD.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The Chicago-based music video director and his homemade, low-budget aesthetic is in high-demand among SoundCloud rappers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Events that are months away are being canceled because of COVID-19, but many artists are stepping up to give fans something in return.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

These musical numbers, which have little relevance to the plot, can be fun, but ultimately perpetuate debilitating social roles for women.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her turn toward social commentary  has received praise, but every artist should be taking on these issues — and many already do.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On their latest album, the K-pop superstars blend genres as they explore growing pains and the dark side of high ambitions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Calling all music and art lovers — you won’t want to miss out on these six gatherings for the upcoming season.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether you think the genre is long gone or still thriving, it continues to influence artists like Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Tyler, the Creator.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Just because the King of Pop is gone doesn’t mean he isn’t still making serious money.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter dives deep into life, post-breakup, and gives her listeners the authentic healing she discovered.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In spite of an overly-loose concept, the album immerses listeners into a world of aggressive electronic beats and ethereal vocals.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Back in 2018, the singer-rapper asked you, ‘Got milk, b–ch? Got beef?’ Now, the ‘70s disco queen wants to know, ‘Why don’t you say so?’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Many of us remember the viral sensation. What most don’t know are the consequences of this teenager’s overnight infamy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They say it’s not good to keep it bottled up, but is letting it out doing more harm than good?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a year off, the indie rock band will once again headline their own fest in their hometown of Cincinnati.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The 22-year old EDM artist is making waves by bringing the traditional and the modern together on intoxicating tracks.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

She entered the spotlight in 2013 but has since taken a break from the public eye. Is the New Zealand singer about to make a comeback?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even though the service has been pushed out of the limelight by Spotify for the time being, the platform’s versatility allows users to find plenty of hidden gems.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The scandal involving the 16-year-old rapper and a shady watch company doesn’t seem to be getting any attention.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The self-awareness of a new generation is propelling this internet-age style of music into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two powerhouses have challenged what it means to be a girl group in South Korea.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

It’s easy to romanticize Taylor Swift’s extremely successful life. What many of us fail to remember is that it can be hard to be famous.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

K-pop and K-dramas might be expanding America’s cultural horizons, but does it come at a price?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Music is often categorized into rigid genres but here are some artists who are crafting distinctive styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The author who can do it all is telling the stories of humanity — and rating each of them on a five-star scale.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The outspoken critic of the country music industry has returned with an experimental tour de force of an album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With so many unique music options out there, it can be a life changing experience to add some international love to your playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s accessible tunes belie an artist bent on showcasing a real rock ‘n’ roll energy and confronting gender roles and heteronormativity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The rich diversity of Korean music isn’t limited to the country’s most popular musical export.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even with a new sound, the Irish musician continues to use poetic lyrics and a masterful blending of rock, pop and electronic music to connect with audiences.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The past four years have not been easy for the pop star, but she’s back in the music world and she’s making her mark.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The social media platform, which seems engineered for virality, is displacing streaming services like Spotify when it comes to finding new songs and artists.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her new single finds the country singer caught between her Tennessee home and the fast-paced life of Los Angeles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Forget Taylor Swift. The real artist of the decade was Hannah Montana.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two have been working hard for their whole careers. It’s time to see them work together.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The event was overshadowed by the death of Kobe Bryant and looming allegations about the Recording Academy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The indie pop band’s newest single will make a fine addition to their upcoming album out this February.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Skip Coachella. Here’s why these festivals with under 10,000 attendees are the best.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The K-pop star is facing some extreme backlash from a very rabid fanbase.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest album is brilliantly and beautifully manic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After falling a little behind the times, its smooth sounds are back to capture the ears and hearts of listeners.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the beginning of 2020, so now is the time to freshen up those playlists. Here are some ideas on how to organize them.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Although a lot of electronic music has a reputation for sonic dissonance, it’s still capable of evoking a wide range of deep emotions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The announcement has many excited, but still courts some controversy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

This folk trio has been releasing quality music for nearly two decades, but still sits just below the radar.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Moving away from lo-fi demos and unfussy EPs, the best punk and hardcore exhibited a tendency toward spirited ambition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Awê! We underestimate our neighbors to the east, who have created their own innovative spin on the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Released just moments after her Sweetener World Tour ended, this recording perfectly captures the intensity and skill of the musician’s live performances.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer brought fans down a road toward the weird and wonderful world of the average teenage girl.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From the casual lyric drops to dragging misogynists, the musician took important stands and summed up an influential, storied career (so far).

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song caps off a passionate four-song EP that might be the musician’s best work yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A dull, misogynistic waste of time, ‘LP1’ proves the former One Direction singer belongs in the trash.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The hip-hop artist sadly joins the ranks of influential artists taken far too soon.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The multi-talented musician and ‘Hamilton’ cast member is one of the most innovative artists working today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

‘Frozen the Musical,’ is holding nothing back on its Hollywood journey.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A ‘Fine Line’ opinion that’s as unbiased as I can be.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Young, gifted and black, the 11-year-old dancer is already breaking down barriers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You don’t have to go broke getting something for your favorite audio fanatic.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The One Direction singer has a very interesting encounter with a fish that’s packed with personal meaning.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pop star’s presence was inescapable.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The talented producer, rapper and writer is creating hilarious tunes for a new digital age.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Directioner opened up, but is still facing some antipathy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Nothings says ’tis the season like a go-to Christmas track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Space city is much more than ‘Astroworld’; these rappers personify the city’s culture with their unique beats and styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They used to be reserved for dimming stars, but now it’s hosting the brightest and regaining its reputation.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The singer changed the game for Latinx artists and now this upcoming biopic will give fans an even closer look at her infamous life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We’re clearly not okay (in a good way).

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Who knew she was such a softy?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The newest ‘Saturday Night Live’ cast member Bowen Yang has a podcast with his friend Matt Rogers, and it’s time to get listening.

Responsive Image

The pop star’s contribution to the ‘Cats’ soundtrack parallels her own life in a few ways.

Responsive Image

Did your favorites make the cut?

Responsive Image

Taylor Swift is fighting for the rights of musicians to retain control over their own work.

Responsive Image

“I’d take a personal connection of 10,000 people over a commercial audience of a million.”

Responsive Image

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

Responsive Image

Almost seven years after the beloved Nickelodeon show ended, it’s finally available on the popular streaming service. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice have come a long way.

Responsive Image

Imagine listening to your favorite hip-hop songs in moody, angelic slow motion.

Responsive Image

The concept album features a futuristic storyline as well as a blend of different genres that defy easy categorization. 

Responsive Image

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

Responsive Image

The artist speaks out on some controversies in this new release.

Responsive Image

The album is full of legends, from Chaka Khan to Donna Summer.

Responsive Image

The new album might be his worst one yet.

Responsive Image

Roll into some wacky adventures with these D&D podcasters.

Responsive Image

The trap musician mixes up his trademark pounding basslines with other styles on this distinct and complex production.

Responsive Image

You can always count on this New York radio show to keep it real — whether it’s the music or the commentary, these hosts are guaranteed to make mornings better.

Responsive Image

‘Maniac’ shows that the singer is a force to be reckoned with, in dating and in the music industry.

Responsive Image

Directioners, this is truly not the end.