OLYMPICS COVERAGE
CHECK OUT OUR OLYMPICS COVERAGE!

News & Politics

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

K-Pop fans from around the world are excited to witness Exo and CL perform live at the close of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a move that more accurately reflects the modern student body, William and Mary hired Katherine Rowe as their 28th president.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

To call attention to their demands for updated gun control laws, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students have called for a nationwide protest on March 24.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Though RBG applauds the #MeToo movement, she echoed Betsy DeVos’s sentiment that Obama-era Title IX processes denied the accused parts of their due process.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A white actress was cast in a traditionally black role in a school musical, sparking debate between ‘color-blind’ and ‘color-conscious’ casting.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

A look into how celebrities — by entering the political realm — affect the vote after actress Diane Neal announces she’s making a congressional run.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As transportation becomes more advanced and environmentally friendly, a new company appears to have a solution for traffic congestion.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Host Chris Cuomo criticized Cruz and others for appearing only on Fox News to talk about gun control.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the wake of the sexual harassment allegations shaking the country, the highest individual honor for chefs will now take their personal behavior into consideration.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

The firing follows Netflix’s dismissal of Kevin Spacey, showing that networks are becoming quicker to sever ties with anyone accused of sexual harassment.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Zachary Donohue and Madison Hubbell are either very committed to their craft or stumbled upon an uber convenient way to call things off.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Students argue that the programs essentially act as affirmative action for the wealthy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The recent ‘pig roast’ scandal at Cornell’s Zeta Beta Tau fraternity might be shocking, but it isn’t as unusual as you’d think.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After former student Nikolas Cruz opened fire and killed 17 individuals on Wednesday, further reports of his mental instability and warnings signs are surfacing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Black Lives Matter protestors are demonized by society, Philadelphia residents were praised for their destructive victory celebrations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While #MeToo sweeps America, a group of French women reject the movement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

USA is dominating at the Winter Olympics and even in a competitive atmosphere, countries are coming together for the sake of the games.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

In response to the broader #MeToo movement and its ‘Shitty Media Men’ list, senior Elizabeth Dunn leaded the names of 30 ‘men to avoid.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

David Nadlinger took first place in an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council competition with his minuscule, groundbreaking picture of an atom.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

Warmbier’s father attended the opening ceremony to remind the world of North Korea’s brutality, but more importantly as a father mourning the loss of his son.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

From the viewpoints of those who fight it, fake news is formidable, but not invincible.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As emotional support animals become more popular, colleges are grappling with their effects, including what to tell the randomly assigned roommate.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It seems as if the ‘American dream’ might not be possible for all students.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hijabs are part of a broader line of clothing, called the Veronica Collection, designed to offer Muslim women more fashion-forward options for their clothing.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rather than learn about gender identity, South Dakota Sen. Phil Jensen wants students to focus on ‘reading, writing and arithmetic.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a statement from the university, representatives claim that she was not participating in the Tide Pod challenge, but rather trying to intentionally self-harm.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 2020 election could be the chance for Democrats to choose the right presidential candidate based on political experience, not celebrity status.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The country’s infrastructure is deteriorating, but a new emphasis on reconstruction and trade schools could be the solution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Even well-respected companies have PR disasters from time to time, but these 20 most-hated companies take it to a whole other level.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The British territory has become the first jurisdiction to abolish same-sex marriage, after the unions were legalized less than a year ago.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

After comparing the weights of the women they’ve slept with, members of Zeta Beta Tau who participated in the ‘Pig Roast’ will undergo counseling and more.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Salt is among the hottest commodities once the winter comes, but people are considering replacing salt with sand for the de-icing purpose.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With Cloud9’s victory at the ELEAGUE Boston Major this January, North American Counter-Strike is no longer a joke.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Change begins at the collegiate level – if college campuses can end the Pence rule, then so can society.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Indians have decided the join many other professional sports teams in the nationwide movement of abandoning offensive branding.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Earlier this year, Google announced new rules regarding monetization of contents on its video service, YouTube.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Through a series of proposed bills, Washington lawmakers hope to provide homeless college students stable access to basic amenities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Rocket Lab’s new satellite, Humanity Star, launches a frenzy in the scientific community in its quest for universal connectivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Mexican, Canadian and American representatives begin to amend NAFTA, only Canada seems concerned with fixing the agreement’s human rights abuses.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After a second-trimester abortion ban barely failed in the Senate, it looks like 2018 is turning into another year where women’s healthcare will face multiple challenges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The proliferation of cryptocurrencies has made drug-trafficking on the dark web easier, which has in turn exacerbated the country’s opioid epidemic.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The actions of the involved students and the class’s professor, Dr. Flavio Uribe, have been called ‘disturbing’ and ‘inexcusable.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Olympic News x

By changing the language to include women, Canada’s gender-neutral national anthem has taken a step to rectify its patriarchal vestiges.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Following in the footsteps of New York’s Excelsior Scholarship, proponents of the College for All Act are calling for free college in California.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With a new policy on marijuana, San Francisco is giving past offenders a second chance at life without a criminal record.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Like other musicians before him, Jack White announced a plan to ban the use of phones at concerts, but audiences deserve to make that choice for themselves.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Amazon Go launched its first store in Seattle, which left many people both hopeful and worrisome about the future of the cashier-less shopping concept.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By setting aside revenue from their cannabis tax, Pueblo County has funded over 420 scholarships that send high school graduates to local colleges.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

No, this isn’t a new Sherlock Holmes novel. Officer Pinheiro of the Baltimore Police Department has been indicted for planting evidence at a crime scene.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

WWF and XFL founder Vince McMahon promised a gimmick-free football league with the XFL’s return.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two recently awarded patents have brought Amazon closer to tracking their employees’ movements, news that bodes ill for break-takers and time-killers everywhere.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Alt-right and other racist groups have increasingly chosen college campuses as prime vehicles for spreading hate speech, hate crimes and acts of xenophobic violence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘Cabinet Files’ surfaced just as the Australian Parliament was set to discuss new espionage laws that could criminalize such a discovery.

By

Responsive image

In the wake of a highly publicized scandal, disrepute and depravity mar USA Gymnastics’ honor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although justice has been served in the Larry Nassar trial, progress remains delayed for Hollywood accusers demanding justice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Judge Aquilina’s demeanor may come off cutthroat, but she’s become a beacon of justice for the USA Gymnastics sexual abuse victims.

By

Responsive image

These four organizations are providing mental health services for Asian Americans in a community that has a stigma against them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Harley Barber’s racist video got her expelled but also shined a new light on an old conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though progress has been made in the most recent NAFTA negotiations, creating a better deal will require more compromise between the American, Canadian and Mexican partners.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fewer imports and fewer jobs means less green energy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In the 2018 Winter Olympics, the games have become an arena for social change as athletes confront rape culture, homophobia and tension between nations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After an exposé detailed the black market for purchasing social media followers, scores of users have seen their Twitter followers drop.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite efforts to show support for women in the recent #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, the Grammys instead sparked a new hashtag: #GrammysSoMale.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Dr. Donald Milton, a professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, created the Gesundheit machine to better understand how the flu spreads.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Brooklyn College’s preference for policemen to use specific school bathrooms raises questions about public safety on college campuses across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Before his State of the Union address on Tuesday night, President Trump signed an executive order to keep open the controversial detention center.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Democrats are hopeful that O’Rourke will defeat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in the 2018 midterm elections and take over the largely red state.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Another day, another shooting; America’s been here before. The question is, is anything going to change this time around?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

His lawyer, Michael Proctor, told press that the actor was a good person who was just trying to pay for his mistakes and bad judgment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The trio of business magnates have joined forces to create a health care plan for their employees, a move that promises to disrupt traditional health care providers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In his address, President Trump laid out a plan for incorporating bipartisan ideas into an immigration plan.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

With an ever-changing political climate, America could see unfortunate regressions in study abroad programs, both locally and internationally.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

You may reconsider applying for college loans after seeing the startling statistics behind student investment debt.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If government money stops flowing, university systems across the country would freeze, including certain financial-aid packages and ongoing research grants.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Though Kendrick Lamar, Donald Glover and Bruno Mars took home a slew of high honors, critics claim that the Grammys snubbed female artists.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The astrological unicorn, which will be visible this Wednesday, is the result of three separate, moon-related phenomena all occurring at once.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You have been misled; flossing doesn’t need to be a top priority in your dental hygiene routine anymore.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics /// Olympic News x

The former Olympic gymnastics doctor was sentenced to up to 175 years behind bars, and the athletic community needs to learn from the scandal.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Once only reserved for gamers, augmented reality has found its way into the medical field through simulation-learning apps like HoloLens.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In an effort to improve the site, the new Facebook changes are designed to increase user-to-user interaction and reduce the creepy feeling of being spied on.

By

Responsive image

The 28-year-old figure skater Adam Rippon was recently named the third member of the men’s team, but not without controversy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Barbara Harris, founder of Project Prevention, has some permanent solutions that might conflict with your moral landscape.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The Trump administration could leave 200,000 Salvadorans deported after 17 years of building lives in the U.S. and despite obvious safety concerns in El Salvador.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With high political tension across the country, 2017 was a dynamic year for all minorities, in both good ways and bad.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

This true story about the Washington Post will have every college student changing their major.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Congress has a full plate of work as well as the uncertainty of the midterms to balance during this new year.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the effort to maintain campaign commitments is ever-present, President Trump will need the additional support a bipartisan Congress can offer to move forward in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With assisted-suicide machines in the works, having a hand in your own death could be easier than ever in the near future.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Californians ring in the New Year with a recurring case of the munchies, a new era for legal weed also begins.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You no longer need a dealer to get pot in California because marijuana shops open their doors to recreational sales to everyone.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Roy Moore, former Alabama Senate candidate, believes that America was great during slavery. How these microaggressions lead to macroaggressions and the reasons behind them.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Whether you’re a full-time or dual-enrolled college student, you can look forward to some of these benefits resulting from the recent tax bill.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Did any of this even happen?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a successful governor and representative of minorities, Nikki Haley has the potential to make it all the way to the Oval Office.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The College of the Atlantic is setting a nationwide example for how forward-thinking universities should approach environmental sustainability.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Indivior’s newly developed drug, Sublocade, may reshape the battle against opioid addiction.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The relationship of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry provides insight into the problem of the ideal white beauty within the black community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Brock Turner, former Stanford swimmer and convicted rapist, wants to overturn his conviction, but how does this affect college students?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

What effects have the California fires had on the state’s students, and how will the fires affect their campuses and their families?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A short story was the latest thing to catch the internet’s attention, but how did a piece of fiction from the New Yorker manage to storm through Twitter?

By

Responsive image
Music /// TV & Film x

Every Friday and Saturday for the entire month, movie lovers can head to the Studio Grill in Chatham to watch some of the many films in the festival.

Music x

The 2000s were blessed with iconic pop punk bands that bring you not only nostalgia, but excitement in every playback.

Responsive image
Music x

Released three days before his death, J Dilla’s album ‘Donuts’ is a timeless ode to life.

Responsive image
Music x

From her edgy music to her fierce look, Pink continues to charm the world with her message of woman empowerment and barrier breaking.

Responsive image
Responsive image

These highly anticipated new albums will undoubtedly stay with you for the rest of 2018.

Responsive image

Atlanta-based hip-hop trio ‘Migos has wasted no time making their impact in 2018 with the release of ‘Culture II.’

Responsive image

With the rap artist’s career booming in recent years, Drake is becoming more of an icon than ever. And I am not a fan.

Responsive image

Just like black ensembles at the Golden Globes, celebrities donned white roses at the 2018 Grammys to show that the music industry was confronting its demons.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Having an abundance of music at your fingertips has never been easier, but is Spotify evil when it comes to paying the artists?

Responsive Image

Cameron Gilmour, sophomore physics and music tech at University of Vermont, improvises with music to communicate in a way better than words.

Responsive Image

Belmont University student Bethany Ann Warner is taking her musical ambition and relying on her faith and determination to make it big time.

Responsive Image

‘Pop 2’ is Charli’s most challenging release to date, pushing the genre’s boundaries and disputing commonly held truths about real pop.

Responsive Image

There are only two rules: Don’t eat spaghetti beforehand and leave your sweater at home.

Responsive Image

These albums in 2018 are bringing some new music to shake up your playlists, and hopefully they’ll be even better than the previous year.

Responsive Image

From Charli to Carly and Dua to Lorde, here are 2017’s best pop hits.

Responsive Image

The Recording Academy has announced the nominations for the 2018 Grammys, and if they snub Kendrick a third time, that’s on them.

Responsive Image

Don’t miss out on these Grammy nominated tracks from the past year.

Responsive Image

G-Eazy and Halsey are 2017’s Bonnie and Clyde.

Responsive Image

The holidays are right around the corner, the New Year is almost upon us and it’s time for the annual end-of-the-year top ten lists.

Responsive Image

Through her latest ensemble of pop and electronic beats mixed with naturistic instrumentals, Björk shows reinvention does not have to be derivative.

Responsive Image

There have been a few white rappers to come before him, but Post Malone has created a persona for himself as being versatile across a large demographic.

Responsive Image

Lil Peep was struggling with drugs for quite some time, and perhaps people will aim to change the narrative of drug abuse in the music industry.

Responsive Image

Maria Tangarova, founder of UTalent, is providing an outlet for talented musicians on campus.

Responsive Image

Morrissey is still making music? Damn right he is!

Responsive Image

This Bethune-Cookman University student wrote a play, created lyrics and composed beats in honor of his college’s founder, Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune.

Responsive Image

Here are some musical groups who had found their success after hitting it off on-campus.

Responsive Image

Blu rejoins his old producing partner Exile to release his new album “In The Beginning: Before The Heavens.”

Responsive Image

On “Reputation,” Swift’s signature songwriting is more guarded and generic, but promises greater things to come through transformation.

Responsive Image

Selena Gomez was just named Billboard’s 2017 Woman of the Year, but who is actually surprised?

Responsive Image

With plenty of jams to spare, music is the only positive thing  that 2017 has going for it.

Responsive Image

These artists are redefining queer music.

Responsive Image

Bartol has some big city dreams and all the dedication needed to make them happen.

Responsive Image

There’s black music worth listening to that happened waaay before Childish Gambino.

Responsive Image

Brown University student Sebastián Otero Oliveras, an ethnomusicology major, is igniting social change one track at a time.

Responsive Image

Preparation is the key to survival when a tragic moment occurs at a music event.

Responsive Image

You know, to prevent breaking your thumb scrolling through your library in search of a specific song and whatnot.

Responsive Image

The Dutchess has returned at last and, with some bumps in the road, has created work that’s worth a listen.

Responsive Image

The show that used music as a dialogue.

Responsive Image

After a forty-year dormancy, vinyl has reemerged as an interest for many millennials, and it’s never too late to hop on the bandwagon yourself.

Responsive Image

The politics and lessons of XXXTentacion’s abusive behavior—which is by no means exclusive to him—and rash of domestic abuse among young hip-hop artists.

Responsive Image

If you’re looking for some new tunes to pair with your late-night study sessions this semester, then check out these twenty songs.

Responsive Image

After the death of frontman Ben Barlow’s dad derailed the British group’s tour, their newest work explores mortality from an intensely personal point of view.

Responsive Image

Sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because she’s taking over the music industry.

Responsive Image

Anna Agosta writes, sings and performs her own music hoping to make it big in her city of Chicago.

Responsive Image

From small-town Madagascar girl to successful singer, Viannason has high hopes for her energetic dancehall sound.

Responsive Image

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

Responsive Image

Jumping back into intense study sessions can be difficult, but these chill tunes will make it a little more enjoyable.

Responsive Image

After being chosen as the first-ever recipient of a scholarship from Miranda Lambert, Vaus has begun racking up accolades as both a songwriter and performer.

Responsive Image

Even if you think that they’re overplayed, these songs deserve major props.

Responsive Image

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

Responsive Image

In her new album, ‘Lust for Life,’ Del Rey takes another step toward becoming the person she wants to sound like.

Responsive Image

These are the albums that are (or should be) defining the decade.

Responsive Image

From Jay Z to Imagine Dragons, who has your vote for the best summer record?

Responsive Image

Whether you’re crushing, heartbroken or head-over-heels, 2017 has provided a variety of songs for all kinds of love. Here are six of the best.

Responsive Image

As the halfway point of 2017 passes, it is time to look back at the best releases in hip-hop to this point of the year.

Responsive Image

If you thought rock and roll was risqué, imagine what it sounds like with a touch of Pagan flair.

Responsive Image

With under 200,000 monthly listens on Spotify, these artists may not be popular, but they’re definitely talented.

Responsive Image

As Hayley Williams promised, fans will ‘cry hard, dance harder’ to ‘After Laughter.’

Responsive Image

Sometimes, to escape the predictive listening algorithms of Spotify and Pandora, you have to listen to terrible music on purpose.

Responsive Image

The producer, performing artist and YouTube sensation has a surprise planned for fans when he reaches 37 million views.

Responsive Image

Streaming services have brought democracy to music, but at the expense of student-run radio.

Responsive Image

After three months, the year looks to belong to some of the same names that dominated 2016.

Responsive Image

A slew of powerhouse indie bands have record releases slated for the next few months.

Responsive Image

From classics like Bright Eyes, to newer releases like Whitney, these are the best albums to listen to while working.

Responsive Image

If you think you hate the genre, then you don’t really know what it is.

Responsive Image

For the Parrotheadz of James Madison University, channeling the iconic musician’s laid-back vibe is the key to happiness.

Responsive Image

Everyone listened to terrible music in middle school, but there’s a reason to revisit that My Chemical Romance album in college.

Responsive Image

I mean, have you heard it?

Responsive Image

A new trend is revolutionizing the music industry as songs and dances keep old music alive.

Responsive Image

Though most of the lyrics were written in the late 70s, they all sound like they’re about Donald Trump.

Responsive Image

Like looking into a mirror, pop music reflects the bad, good and potential of whoever is playing it over the radio.

Responsive Image

From getting blitzed to singing carols, one of these dozen playlists is guaranteed to be perfect for your holiday festivities.

Responsive Image

Unlike white noise, many atmospheres are recreations of specific, often fictional environments. Ever want to study in the Gryffindor Common Room?

Responsive Image

The ‘White Iverson’ star is proving that he has no intention of being a one-hit wonder.

Responsive Image

The once dark and mysterious singer is now enjoying the spotlight as one of pop music’s biggest stars.

Responsive Image

It makes sense that as Swift matures, so would her attitude toward of love. But is her cynicism really the mark of that evolution?

Responsive Image

Is it possible that ‘Ye’s recent rants and breakdowns stem from something much deeper than we had assumed?

Responsive Image

No matter what, we’re just going to lap it up anyway because it’s John freakin’ Mayer.

Responsive Image

With their old school vibe and a touch of 2016-fueled drama, A Tribe Called Quest just dropped arguably the most important album of the year.

Responsive Image

Despite being partially rained out, the allure of renaissance games and a muddy performance by Young Thug were enough to bring thousands to the first-year fest.

Responsive Image

Though Gaga is still a meat dress-wearing show woman at heart, her new album has a soberer, more ambitious sound.

Responsive Image

If you’re going to make it out with a degree, you’re going to need the right music.

Responsive Image

Though before most students’ time, Joel’s music sums up college like no other.

Responsive Image

After being tapped for greatness by Prince, La Havas’ rich, soulful voice has caught the world’s ear.

Responsive Image

For a genre cloaked in leather and screaming, the music is surprisingly sophisticated.

Responsive Image

It may have been overshadowed by “Hamilton” at the Tonys, but “Waitress” should definitely be on your radar.

Responsive Image

Cheap, underground and scattered throughout the country, one of these festivals is right for you.

Responsive Image

Nothing can really prepare you for the colors, noise and insanity, but we’ll try anyway.

Responsive Image

From Lil Yachty to Denzel Curry, here’s a breakdown of the year’s hottest up-and-coming rappers.

Responsive Image

Though their first album drops at the end of June, the band’s single “Throwing Knives” is already garnering national acclaim.

Responsive Image

If you don’t think Béyonce is an artist after listening to her newest album, you’re wrong.

Responsive Image

Reducing Marley to a marijuana icon belittles the impact of a musician some have called the ‘most important artist of the 20th century.’

Responsive Image

For celebrities in the digital age, every tweet, post and picture is a self-promotional platform. Combine that massive influence with megalomania, and you get Kanye West.

Responsive Image

Choosing Lady Gaga not only reflected Bowie’s importance to the music industry, it reflected Ziggy Stardust’s importance to David Bowie.

Responsive Image

A powerful black woman making a powerful racial statement. Political? Yes. Criticizable? Absolutely not.

Responsive Image

While homophonically enthusiastic about being ‘never bored,’ the rapper mentions relatively few activities that can be performed on the hoverboard.

Responsive Image

From Ziggy to the Duke, never has a musician so profoundly influenced the world of fashion as David Bowie.

Responsive Image

Kendrick’s decision to put out an unapologetically political album divided fans, but it should unite critics.

Responsive Image

“It’s simultaneously comedic and poignant, the soundtrack equivalent to a Richard Pryor joke.”

Responsive Image

After his latest album ‘Beach Music,’ there’s no more hiding Philadelphia singer-songwriter Alex Giannascoli.

Responsive Image

This year’s ‘Another One’ is his best attempt yet, and one of the best albums of the year.

Responsive Image

Sigur Ros and Radiohead too distracting? Here are a few even less conventional genres that are proven to help improve focus.

Responsive Image

But Van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime.

Responsive Image

‘Musicians are not human; they are succubi who feast on flattery and the kindness of those who subject themselves to the ear-rape that is live concert.’

Responsive Image

Drake, The Weeknd and Justin Bieber have set the bar for Canadian R&B pretty high, but Tory Lanez might be the next superstar to come out of the Big Maple.

Responsive Image

The music festival that’s too good for its own good.

Responsive Image

We are all Omi’s cheerleader.

Responsive Image

The New York by way of Cali rapper that’s bending ears, genres and genders with his boundary-pushing music.

Responsive Image

The music festival that fans deserve.