Music

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Philadelphia rapper’s eccentric debut album, ‘Whack World,’ is a fresh and amusing trip into the mind of its subversive creator.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a four-year hiatus, Minaj hopes to reclaim her title as Queen of rap.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The actress and singer recently revealed that she had broken her six years of sobriety.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Here’s what the stars of the movie are up to now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And thank god it’s not with ‘Friday.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album offers a retrospective take on the artist’s career and life, but often relies on tired pop tropes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You only get one chance to prove that you deserve the aux cord.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electronic savant recently released his sophomore album, ‘Compro,’ and is pushing the genre into uncharted, boundary-less territory.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The film, which stars a female lead, also recently signed Pinar Toprak to compose the score.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fittingly, the couple’s work of art belongs in a museum.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The big question is: Will we be getting their ‘Humanz’ sound, or a return to their more classic style?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Smith weaves metaphor and political discourse into a beautifully produced coming-of-age album.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Yes, I re-downloaded Tidal for this. And it was worth it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Chill, spacey and hypnotic, EDM should be your move for the summer.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Has Jussie made a name for himself separate from the hit musical TV drama?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Drake vs. Pusha T, Chief Keef vs. 6ix9ine and Lil Uzi Vert vs. Rich the Kid. What a time to be alive.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist formerly known as Christine and the Queens has rebranded.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

According to the Billboard chart lists from 2007 and 2017, music hasn’t changed all that much.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

The awards felt charged with a spirit of activism, a theme reinforced by the night’s biggest winners.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Paramore’s lead singer finds her new voice and her old laugh.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Eminem’s sound effects in ‘Kill You’ sparked conversations about whether gunshot-like sound effects are appropriate in the wake of mass shootings.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s going to be hard to beat the summer heat with this fire album at the top of the charts.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter’s 2018 album, ‘God’s Favorite Customer,’ is quieter, sadder and more honest than ever before.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The unremarkable four-track project has only served to sour his fan base.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

A wrap-up of the Drake/Pusha-T beef, with no detail spared.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Jumping into June means the year is already halfway over. Here are the best 2018 albums, with plenty more to come.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

After two years’ hiatus, and on the heels of a slew of controversial remarks, West is back.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Testing’ is a new look for A$AP, and it definitely feels a little awkward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

R. Kelly and XXXTentacion, both of whom were targeted by the policy, actually saw their streams rise during the probation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In her second studio album, the Australian star captivates audiences with her nuanced introspection.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you’ve recovered from Coachella and are ready to bust out your IV Hydration Drip again, make sure not to miss these five acts!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Lil Wayne’s 2008 album is a modern-day classic ‘cause Wayne win, and they lose.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Lin-Manuel Miranda reinvents Hamilton content through creative collaborations, most recently releasing a version of ‘Helpless’ performed by punk rock band The Regrettes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You get all of the same acts, but without any of the selfies, $10 water bottles and drama.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Harlem artist’s latest album certainly pushes sonic boundaries, but feels at times like all style and no substance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Artists Pusha-T and Drake are a part of one of the most famous feuds in the music industry. How long will they let it go on?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With its increasing popularity, sad rap spreads awareness about mental illness and drug abuse in an industry fixated on partying.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Wide Awake!’ gives listeners an eclectic, energetic vibe to represent the nation’s unrest.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

She might be able to shake off the haters, but the stigma seems to stick.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Summer is the best time to listen to new music and find that perfect song that will follow you from the beach, BBQs and all of your fun in the sun.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Tejano music was heavily influenced by other cultures and its sound has been the musical backbone of Texas and its culture since the early 20th century.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a mediocre debut album, Puth’s ‘Voicenotes’ offers a great comeback for the artist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans point to the song’s parallels to the Greek myth of Narcissus, in which a self-obsessed protagonist commits suicide.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Shawn Mendes already has fans dancing around the room and connecting emotionally with his self-titled album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Despite being surrounded by controversy, Myrkur continues to surprise audiences with her undeniably beautiful sound.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

BTS’s unique use of social media has fostered the growth of a multi-language fan base like nothing that has been seen before.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

In her new album ‘Dirty Computer,’ Janelle Monáe reminds us once again why she’s one of the best political artists out there.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Singing songs from all six albums and multiple costumes changes, Swift delivers a performance you are not bound to forget.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

The animosity and beef fabricated by society and placed on female rappers in contrast to males is a sign that misogyny still exits in the arts world.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This might be the year we finally retire Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out.”

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Police brutality, gun violence, media complicity and institutionalized racism all receive damning portrayals in Donald Glover’s new video.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

Similar to Lady Gaga, Freddy Mercury and David Bowie, Styles uses his platform to support the LGBTQ+ community.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Ryan McCartan has successfully transitioned from acting to singing with the pending release of his debut EP.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Who is the 9-year-old rapper who moves bricks, lives in the Hills and has your mama’s rent money?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After taking a hiatus to explore other creative pursuits, Melinoe is back with a new single, ‘Cyclones,’ and fresh new sound.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In the age of streaming, it isn’t unusual for projects from your favorite artists to disappear. Here’s why.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Uncategorized x

In the stunning video for ‘All We Do,’ Oh Wonder asked filmmakers across the country, ‘What does it mean to be human?’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Turns out YouTube is more than crazy cat videos and weird challenges.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Despacito,’ aka the prime of 2017 pop culture, has inspired a revolution of bilingual collaborations.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

According to J. Cole, the fans are all to blame. And the rappers.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you couldn’t attend the second weekend, here’s what you missed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you can afford them at all, obviously.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With her new album ‘Invasion of Privacy,’ Cardi B is breaking records and rising to the top of the rap scene — and she’s just getting started.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

You can’t even fall asleep anymore without hearing the iconic, drawn-out ‘daddy’ running through your head.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Pop music is cool and all, but nothing inspires good music like two public, heartbreaking relationships.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Here are some music selections that motivate and inspire.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Cardi B’s newest album, ‘Invasion of Privacy,’ was well worth the anticipation, hype and wait — all put together. She’s killing the game.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Will the old Iggy Azalea please come back to the stage?

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

After years of financial struggles, Kali Uchis has finally found success in the music industry.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some albums just have to be listened to from start to finish.

By

Responsive image
College /// Sounds x

Looking to hunker down and focus on studying for finals? These five soundtracks will get you through the grind.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Thanks to LGBTQ+ musicians like Hayley Kiyoko, is the world moving towards a Golden Age of queer women in mainstream pop music?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Puth’s promotional singles hint at a more mature, yet promising sophomore debut.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

Almost unrecognizable, Aguilera goes makeup-free on the cover of Paper Magazine to talk about female empowerment and self-love.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ day, April 30, the former band will reunite for this tremendous honor.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Burn the Stage’ shows the good, the bad and the ugly of the K-pop industry.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On the heels of his first album release, Ng speculates what the future holds for his haunting, atmospheric sound.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

You: It’s a match made in heaven. Me, an intellectual: Actually, it’s a match made in ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.’

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

Let’s map out how exactly the genre of emo rap came to be.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

One year after the release of ‘American Dream,’ Khalid’s influence has changed his adopted hometown. 

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

The Good Vibrations Music & Arts festival is an all day event that will bring together hearing and non-hearing festival goers in an unprecedented event.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From 2006 to today, Taylor Swift had a huge music evolution changing her style with every album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Pop star Taylor Swift’s music video for her new song has received criticism amid accusations that she stole video concepts from a Kenzo perfume ad.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Music festivals are all fun and games until you realize you forgot your sunscreen.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Students x

Travel and daily interactions with people inspire this Boston University student’s music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans of Harry Styles have suspected his bisexuality for years, and ‘Medicine’ might be his coming out song.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Sounds x

These soul sisters are giving classic rock and blues a modern appeal.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Bobby Tarantino II’ is the sixth mixtape by Logic and it currently has his fans reeling as ‘mixtape Logic’ makes a much-welcomed comeback.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

TDE’s ‘Championship Tour,’ their first full-label tour, is starting in Vancouver this May. Here are three reason why you should go see TDE’s artists.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

When the final guitar is strummed, the drums crash and the curtains close, Vans Warped Tour will come to an end — forever.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And thank god it’s not with ‘Friday.’

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

No, not Miami … Switzerland!

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s simp o’clock somewhere…

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

‘Where Are Ü Now’ in your faith, Justin?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Embrace the chill.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Damn, Lamar.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Expect your ears to be blown away.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Finding the next Kelly Clarkson is actually much harder than celebrity judges expected.

Responsive Image

With Warped Tour’s final tour approaching this June, it’s important to reflect on the music community it created over its 23-year reign.

Responsive Image

Everyone experiences loneliness while they’re away from home in college, and Christian rock might be one of the best ways for you to combat it.

Responsive Image

Despite his recent sudden rise in popularity, Russ is anything but an ‘overnight success story.’ Here’s how he managed to stay relevant for nearly a decade.

Responsive Image

Watch out this month – artists are dropping albums like no tomorrow and you’ve got to be prepared. Here’s a list of some you should definitely look out for.

Responsive Image

In his ‘Hope World’ mixtape, J-Hope tells a compelling story of his rise to fame and success, which came with responsibilities he did not foresee.

Responsive Image

The Austin band’s third album marks a shift toward a more jazz-forward mindset, though without sacrificing a hint of its deep-synth sound.

Responsive Image

As a college senior, duendita already has a significant presence on Spotify and SoundCloud, especially after the release of her new EP. 

Responsive Image

San Marcos rap collective PNTHN reflects on the five albums that helped define their sound.

Responsive Image

With their new album, ‘Vacation in Hell,’ dropping April 6, The Flatbush Zombies offer a solution to hip-hop’s problem with carbon-copy personas.

Responsive Image

Despite multiple sexual-harassment allegations, Webster has managed to remain out of the spotlight, a problematic sign for the country music industry.

Responsive Image

If these music artists can make their way to the SXSW stage, this year will be unlike any other the festival has seen before.

Responsive Image

Boston University students Isabel “Izzy” Raye Weinberg and Kian McGee create music together that complements their talents.

Responsive Image

Tyler and Ryan Falcoa are a brother duo making waves on the YouTube music scene and are the perfect fit for anyone’s playlist.

Responsive Image

Between classes, Hossain manages to make waves in the underground Bengali metal scene as a booking agent.

Responsive Image

K-Pop fans from around the world are excited to witness Exo and CL perform live at the close of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Responsive Image

The singer’s husky, tonally curious version of the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ left audiences laughing, gawking and fuming all at once.

Responsive Image

By coming out to the public as a gay artist, Holland head-butts the restrictive social conventions of Korea regarding homosexuality to send a message of hope and acceptance.