Music

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

It’s easy to romanticize Taylor Swift’s extremely successful life. What many of us fail to remember is that it can be hard to be famous.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

K-pop and K-dramas might be expanding America’s cultural horizons, but does it come at a price?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Music is often categorized into rigid genres but here are some artists who are crafting distinctive styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The author who can do it all is telling the stories of humanity — and rating each of them on a five-star scale.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The outspoken critic of the country music industry has returned with an experimental tour de force of an album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With so many unique music options out there, it can be a life changing experience to add some international love to your playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s accessible tunes belie an artist bent on showcasing a real rock ‘n’ roll energy and confronting gender roles and heteronormativity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The rich diversity of Korean music isn’t limited to the country’s most popular musical export.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even with a new sound, the Irish musician continues to use poetic lyrics and a masterful blending of rock, pop and electronic music to connect with audiences.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The past four years have not been easy for the pop star, but she’s back in the music world and she’s making her mark.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The social media platform, which seems engineered for virality, is displacing streaming services like Spotify when it comes to finding new songs and artists.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her new single finds the country singer caught between her Tennessee home and the fast-paced life of Los Angeles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Forget Taylor Swift. The real artist of the decade was Hannah Montana.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two have been working hard for their whole careers. It’s time to see them work together.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The event was overshadowed by the death of Kobe Bryant and looming allegations about the Recording Academy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The indie pop band’s newest single will make a fine addition to their upcoming album out this February.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Skip Coachella. Here’s why these festivals with under 10,000 attendees are the best.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The K-pop star is facing some extreme backlash from a very rabid fanbase.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest album is brilliantly and beautifully manic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After falling a little behind the times, its smooth sounds are back to capture the ears and hearts of listeners.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the beginning of 2020, so now is the time to freshen up those playlists. Here are some ideas on how to organize them.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Although a lot of electronic music has a reputation for sonic dissonance, it’s still capable of evoking a wide range of deep emotions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The announcement has many excited, but still courts some controversy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

This folk trio has been releasing quality music for nearly two decades, but still sits just below the radar.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Moving away from lo-fi demos and unfussy EPs, the best punk and hardcore exhibited a tendency toward spirited ambition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Awê! We underestimate our neighbors to the east, who have created their own innovative spin on the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Released just moments after her Sweetener World Tour ended, this recording perfectly captures the intensity and skill of the musician’s live performances.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer brought fans down a road toward the weird and wonderful world of the average teenage girl.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From the casual lyric drops to dragging misogynists, the musician took important stands and summed up an influential, storied career (so far).

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song caps off a passionate four-song EP that might be the musician’s best work yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A dull, misogynistic waste of time, ‘LP1’ proves the former One Direction singer belongs in the trash.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The hip-hop artist sadly joins the ranks of influential artists taken far too soon.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The multi-talented musician and ‘Hamilton’ cast member is one of the most innovative artists working today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

‘Frozen the Musical,’ is holding nothing back on its Hollywood journey.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A ‘Fine Line’ opinion that’s as unbiased as I can be.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Young, gifted and black, the 11-year-old dancer is already breaking down barriers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You don’t have to go broke getting something for your favorite audio fanatic.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The One Direction singer has a very interesting encounter with a fish that’s packed with personal meaning.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pop star’s presence was inescapable.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The talented producer, rapper and writer is creating hilarious tunes for a new digital age.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Directioner opened up, but is still facing some antipathy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Nothings says ’tis the season like a go-to Christmas track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Space city is much more than ‘Astroworld’; these rappers personify the city’s culture with their unique beats and styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They used to be reserved for dimming stars, but now it’s hosting the brightest and regaining its reputation.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The singer changed the game for Latinx artists and now this upcoming biopic will give fans an even closer look at her infamous life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The newest ‘Saturday Night Live’ cast member Bowen Yang has a podcast with his friend Matt Rogers, and it’s time to get listening.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The pop star’s contribution to the ‘Cats’ soundtrack parallels her own life in a few ways.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor Swift is fighting for the rights of musicians to retain control over their own work.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

“I’d take a personal connection of 10,000 people over a commercial audience of a million.”

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Almost seven years after the beloved Nickelodeon show ended, it’s finally available on the popular streaming service. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice have come a long way.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Imagine listening to your favorite hip-hop songs in moody, angelic slow motion.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The concept album features a futuristic storyline as well as a blend of different genres that defy easy categorization. 

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist speaks out on some controversies in this new release.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album is full of legends, from Chaka Khan to Donna Summer.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album might be his worst one yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Roll into some wacky adventures with these D&D podcasters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The trap musician mixes up his trademark pounding basslines with other styles on this distinct and complex production.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You can always count on this New York radio show to keep it real — whether it’s the music or the commentary, these hosts are guaranteed to make mornings better.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

‘Maniac’ shows that the singer is a force to be reckoned with, in dating and in the music industry.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Her new tracks ‘Lose You To Love Me’ and ‘Look At Her Now’ have skyrocketed up the charts, but they’ve also attracted some haters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While Gucci Mane has dropped some great hits, his newest album shows that he’s getting a little too comfortable with his patented formula.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album shows the 21-year-old indie artist expanding his sound, while still bringing catchy sad boy tunes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Social media bullying and the grueling standards of the South Korean pop music industry could have played a part in the star’s untimely passing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indie pop artist’s debut album ‘Immunity’ goes far beyond the expectations established by her viral singles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The popular singer is refreshingly honest about his own struggles with mental health.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The supergroup gives traditional outlaw country a powerful, all-female twist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist addresses the HIV/AIDS crisis with his club nights, but not without some controversy from activist circles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And stirs up controversy as he typically does.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From dub to off-kilter anarcho-punk, these recordings find freedom in the macabre.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We’re not ready for the new trend that is Halloween music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We love her, but she needs to do better.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The brand new project from Labrinth has finally been released.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The catchy tunes and Latin influence of this music sensation have everyone listening, dancing and wondering about this genre’s burst into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans are shocked as the former One Direction singer strips his boy-band identity for a persona that suits his age.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Big Easy is known for jazz, but is it what everyone’s listening to? It’s time to explore the multifaceted music scene that includes rock, rap and funk.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the end of an era, but the music of these Dutch electronic legends will always live on.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Here’s a look at other sitcoms that could follow the lead of the ‘Office Ladies,’ which features Pam and Angela from ‘The Office.’ 

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

I don’t know who hurt him, but they better watch their back.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Rave culture is on the rise and providing new opportunities for aspiring artist. Here are some new artists to look out for in the next few years.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Hailing from Minnesota, these three friends drink wine and put their own spin on the true crime podcast.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Remember, studying isn’t a rave. Chill out with this playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This family band is writing beautiful harmonies that evoke their Oregon home.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

EarthGang is the Southern dynamic duo you have been waiting for.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

XXL posts an annual list of top new artists. Which year produced the ones with the most staying power?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This collaboration between Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey and Ariana Grande is a heavenly pairing.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Charli XCX’s new album displays her trademark style, but is a bit derivative of her older work.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new Travis Scott documentary has some fun moments, but avoids deeper insights into the rapper’s life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Who knew she was such a softy?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Did your favorites make the cut?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Directioners, this is truly not the end.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We stan artists coming into their own.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s as easy as listening to music.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Heartbroken? There’s a song for that.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The electropop duo revisits their past with their second full-length release of the year.

Responsive Image

This album is the comeback of R&B no one knew we needed.

Responsive Image

I’ve done my waiting, 12 years of it!

Responsive Image

‘Babushka Boi’ is the culmination of A$AP Rocky’s past, present and future.

Responsive Image

Just when you thought he couldn’t be more successful, he drops ‘Hollywood’s Bleeding.’

Responsive Image

Could we be seeing some musical maturity in this new album? Possibly …

Responsive Image

This indelible voice is going to rediscovered by a new generation.

Responsive Image

Are you here for ‘Norman F—ing Rockwell!’?

Responsive Image

With his second album, this developing musician shows just why Kanye and Justin Vernon have taken an interest in him.

Responsive Image

Their new album is a revelation of the struggles the band members have been through, and their honesty is inspiring.

Responsive Image

The most talented team in all of electronic music continues their trend of groundbreaking sounds.

Responsive Image

cocainejesus captures a reveling, adventurous spirit in his most introspective album yet.

Responsive Image

The hit Broadway musical sidesteps a frank portrayal of teenage suicide in favor of a half-baked portrait of teenage mental health.

Responsive Image

The former One Direction star’s interview with Rolling Stone gives fans key insight into his upcoming album.

Responsive Image

As the only release before the artist’s untimely death, the album still amazes with its virtuosity, diversity and passion

Responsive Image

From Tyler, the Creator to Taylor Swift, the summer of 2019 was filled to the brim with wonderful albums.

Responsive Image

These artists are changing the game.

Responsive Image

The more important question … are we ready for it?