Music

Responsive image
Sounds x

Events that are months away are being canceled because of COVID-19, but many artists are stepping up to give fans something in return.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

These musical numbers, which have little relevance to the plot, can be fun, but ultimately perpetuate debilitating social roles for women.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her turn toward social commentary  has received praise, but every artist should be taking on these issues — and many already do.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On their latest album, the K-pop superstars blend genres as they explore growing pains and the dark side of high ambitions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Calling all music and art lovers — you won’t want to miss out on these six gatherings for the upcoming season.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether you think the genre is long gone or still thriving, it continues to influence artists like Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Tyler, the Creator.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Just because the King of Pop is gone doesn’t mean he isn’t still making serious money.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter dives deep into life, post-breakup, and gives her listeners the authentic healing she discovered.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In spite of an overly-loose concept, the album immerses listeners into a world of aggressive electronic beats and ethereal vocals.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Back in 2018, the singer-rapper asked you, ‘Got milk, b–ch? Got beef?’ Now, the ‘70s disco queen wants to know, ‘Why don’t you say so?’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Many of us remember the viral sensation. What most don’t know are the consequences of this teenager’s overnight infamy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They say it’s not good to keep it bottled up, but is letting it out doing more harm than good?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After a year off, the indie rock band will once again headline their own fest in their hometown of Cincinnati.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The 22-year old EDM artist is making waves by bringing the traditional and the modern together on intoxicating tracks.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

She entered the spotlight in 2013 but has since taken a break from the public eye. Is the New Zealand singer about to make a comeback?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even though the service has been pushed out of the limelight by Spotify for the time being, the platform’s versatility allows users to find plenty of hidden gems.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The scandal involving the 16-year-old rapper and a shady watch company doesn’t seem to be getting any attention.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The self-awareness of a new generation is propelling this internet-age style of music into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two powerhouses have challenged what it means to be a girl group in South Korea.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

It’s easy to romanticize Taylor Swift’s extremely successful life. What many of us fail to remember is that it can be hard to be famous.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

K-pop and K-dramas might be expanding America’s cultural horizons, but does it come at a price?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Music is often categorized into rigid genres but here are some artists who are crafting distinctive styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The author who can do it all is telling the stories of humanity — and rating each of them on a five-star scale.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The outspoken critic of the country music industry has returned with an experimental tour de force of an album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With so many unique music options out there, it can be a life changing experience to add some international love to your playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s accessible tunes belie an artist bent on showcasing a real rock ‘n’ roll energy and confronting gender roles and heteronormativity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The rich diversity of Korean music isn’t limited to the country’s most popular musical export.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even with a new sound, the Irish musician continues to use poetic lyrics and a masterful blending of rock, pop and electronic music to connect with audiences.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The past four years have not been easy for the pop star, but she’s back in the music world and she’s making her mark.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The social media platform, which seems engineered for virality, is displacing streaming services like Spotify when it comes to finding new songs and artists.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her new single finds the country singer caught between her Tennessee home and the fast-paced life of Los Angeles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Forget Taylor Swift. The real artist of the decade was Hannah Montana.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two have been working hard for their whole careers. It’s time to see them work together.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The event was overshadowed by the death of Kobe Bryant and looming allegations about the Recording Academy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The indie pop band’s newest single will make a fine addition to their upcoming album out this February.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Skip Coachella. Here’s why these festivals with under 10,000 attendees are the best.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The K-pop star is facing some extreme backlash from a very rabid fanbase.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest album is brilliantly and beautifully manic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After falling a little behind the times, its smooth sounds are back to capture the ears and hearts of listeners.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the beginning of 2020, so now is the time to freshen up those playlists. Here are some ideas on how to organize them.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Although a lot of electronic music has a reputation for sonic dissonance, it’s still capable of evoking a wide range of deep emotions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The announcement has many excited, but still courts some controversy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

This folk trio has been releasing quality music for nearly two decades, but still sits just below the radar.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Moving away from lo-fi demos and unfussy EPs, the best punk and hardcore exhibited a tendency toward spirited ambition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Awê! We underestimate our neighbors to the east, who have created their own innovative spin on the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Released just moments after her Sweetener World Tour ended, this recording perfectly captures the intensity and skill of the musician’s live performances.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer brought fans down a road toward the weird and wonderful world of the average teenage girl.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From the casual lyric drops to dragging misogynists, the musician took important stands and summed up an influential, storied career (so far).

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song caps off a passionate four-song EP that might be the musician’s best work yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A dull, misogynistic waste of time, ‘LP1’ proves the former One Direction singer belongs in the trash.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The hip-hop artist sadly joins the ranks of influential artists taken far too soon.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The multi-talented musician and ‘Hamilton’ cast member is one of the most innovative artists working today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

‘Frozen the Musical,’ is holding nothing back on its Hollywood journey.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A ‘Fine Line’ opinion that’s as unbiased as I can be.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Young, gifted and black, the 11-year-old dancer is already breaking down barriers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You don’t have to go broke getting something for your favorite audio fanatic.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The One Direction singer has a very interesting encounter with a fish that’s packed with personal meaning.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pop star’s presence was inescapable.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The talented producer, rapper and writer is creating hilarious tunes for a new digital age.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Directioner opened up, but is still facing some antipathy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Nothings says ’tis the season like a go-to Christmas track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Space city is much more than ‘Astroworld’; these rappers personify the city’s culture with their unique beats and styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They used to be reserved for dimming stars, but now it’s hosting the brightest and regaining its reputation.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The singer changed the game for Latinx artists and now this upcoming biopic will give fans an even closer look at her infamous life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The newest ‘Saturday Night Live’ cast member Bowen Yang has a podcast with his friend Matt Rogers, and it’s time to get listening.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The pop star’s contribution to the ‘Cats’ soundtrack parallels her own life in a few ways.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor Swift is fighting for the rights of musicians to retain control over their own work.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

“I’d take a personal connection of 10,000 people over a commercial audience of a million.”

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Almost seven years after the beloved Nickelodeon show ended, it’s finally available on the popular streaming service. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice have come a long way.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Imagine listening to your favorite hip-hop songs in moody, angelic slow motion.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The concept album features a futuristic storyline as well as a blend of different genres that defy easy categorization. 

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist speaks out on some controversies in this new release.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album is full of legends, from Chaka Khan to Donna Summer.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album might be his worst one yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Roll into some wacky adventures with these D&D podcasters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The trap musician mixes up his trademark pounding basslines with other styles on this distinct and complex production.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You can always count on this New York radio show to keep it real — whether it’s the music or the commentary, these hosts are guaranteed to make mornings better.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

‘Maniac’ shows that the singer is a force to be reckoned with, in dating and in the music industry.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Her new tracks ‘Lose You To Love Me’ and ‘Look At Her Now’ have skyrocketed up the charts, but they’ve also attracted some haters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While Gucci Mane has dropped some great hits, his newest album shows that he’s getting a little too comfortable with his patented formula.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album shows the 21-year-old indie artist expanding his sound, while still bringing catchy sad boy tunes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Social media bullying and the grueling standards of the South Korean pop music industry could have played a part in the star’s untimely passing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indie pop artist’s debut album ‘Immunity’ goes far beyond the expectations established by her viral singles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The popular singer is refreshingly honest about his own struggles with mental health.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The supergroup gives traditional outlaw country a powerful, all-female twist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist addresses the HIV/AIDS crisis with his club nights, but not without some controversy from activist circles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And stirs up controversy as he typically does.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From dub to off-kilter anarcho-punk, these recordings find freedom in the macabre.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We’re not ready for the new trend that is Halloween music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We love her, but she needs to do better.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The brand new project from Labrinth has finally been released.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Who knew she was such a softy?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Did your favorites make the cut?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Directioners, this is truly not the end.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We stan artists coming into their own.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The catchy tunes and Latin influence of this music sensation have everyone listening, dancing and wondering about this genre’s burst into the mainstream.

Responsive Image

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

Responsive Image

Fans are shocked as the former One Direction singer strips his boy-band identity for a persona that suits his age.

Responsive Image

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

Responsive Image

The Big Easy is known for jazz, but is it what everyone’s listening to? It’s time to explore the multifaceted music scene that includes rock, rap and funk.

Responsive Image

It’s the end of an era, but the music of these Dutch electronic legends will always live on.

Responsive Image

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

Responsive Image

Here’s a look at other sitcoms that could follow the lead of the ‘Office Ladies,’ which features Pam and Angela from ‘The Office.’ 

Responsive Image

I don’t know who hurt him, but they better watch their back.

Responsive Image

Rave culture is on the rise and providing new opportunities for aspiring artist. Here are some new artists to look out for in the next few years.

Responsive Image

It’s as easy as listening to music.

Responsive Image

Hailing from Minnesota, these three friends drink wine and put their own spin on the true crime podcast.

Responsive Image

Remember, studying isn’t a rave. Chill out with this playlist.

Responsive Image

This family band is writing beautiful harmonies that evoke their Oregon home.

Responsive Image

EarthGang is the Southern dynamic duo you have been waiting for.

Responsive Image

XXL posts an annual list of top new artists. Which year produced the ones with the most staying power?

Responsive Image

This collaboration between Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey and Ariana Grande is a heavenly pairing.

Responsive Image

Heartbroken? There’s a song for that.