Music

Responsive image
Sounds x

Katy Perry’s latest release is an optimistic album about overcoming adversity, a message that many people need to hear right now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter is painting a complex picture of the United States in his soon to be released album, ‘The Ascension.’

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Lifestyle creators used to be notoriously family-friendly. How did LaurDIY break out of her PG persona in her new podcast?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Barcelona singer spent her childhood learning music long associated with revolution. Now, Rosalía is revolutionizing the music industry herself.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pandemic isn’t over, and music fans are getting antsy. Do these concerts scratch the itch, and are they COVID-safe?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Because of her youthful spirit, Siwa is an inspiration to young kids, but people are quick to criticize the superstar for her over-the-top style.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new podcast is helping people learn how to deal with their fear of watching horror movies.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Beyoncé’s latest release is a celebration of Black beauty to empower Black women. The project unites African music and cultures in a visual masterpiece.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Activists, influencers and celebrities are opening up to Jamil about body image, mental health and many other important issues.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The stars of ‘The L Word’ have started a quarantine podcast that embodies what it means to survive a pandemic alongside the wit of your best friend.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Learn the first stages of becoming a podcaster from an amateur who has already made mistakes, so you don’t have to!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Over the past few months, EDM artists have been collaborating left and right. Here are some of the most exciting projects released in the age of COVID.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some on the app are roleplaying as Holocaust victims. Regardless of intent, the fad is disrespectful, to say the least.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Music has become a multisensory experience. Check out a brief history of how music incorporated the two art forms to reimagine visuals and audio united.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While arguments over music may seem trivial to some, learning to accept genres outside of your usual taste can lead to an open mind in other areas of your life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The British band embraces dialogue clips on their second album, which reflects on political, social and emotional struggles in their signature style.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Major players in the music industry have been suffering from the effects of the pandemic. Music That Never Sleeps is hoping to offset the damages.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The thrilling listening experience proves that the genre is our best chance at getting a taste of live theater during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Here are three amazing universe-building concept albums that you need to add to your Spotify queue.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new single captures the reality of pandemic social limitations while staying true to the heart of summer romance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sibling acts like the Jackson 5, the Jonas Brothers, HAIM and the Bee Gees need to make room because there’s a new and ferocious sister duo that’s here to stay.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Since the release of Taylor Swift’s eighth studio album, some fans have been speculating about possible double meanings in songs like ‘betty.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

England’s trip-hop icons aren’t afraid to tackle climate change, economic disparity and other contemporary issues transpiring in the world in their new audio-visual EP.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Their latest record is far more than just a collection of songs: Here’s a closer look at how the band has changed the game when it comes to debuting new music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Portland hip-hop musician is growing both lyrically and artistically.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The up-and-coming surf rock pop band uses mundane, everyday scenarios to express deep longing in their most recent album, ‘You and Your Friends.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s new song announces her return, and in the aftermath of her divorce from Liam Hemsworth, her independence.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s collab isn’t as scandalous as the internet wants you to believe.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The show supplied our generation with great and forgettable covers alike. Which ones stand the test of time?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Insomniac had to cancel their 2020 electronic music festival due to COVID-19, but fans are already hyped for next year’s show — tickets were gone within a day.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist’s renowned songwriting has gone from red to monochrome to the full spectrum of colors to create vivid imagery in every line.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Comedian Dan Cummins is a master of laughs. But with the help of his wife, Lynze Cummins, he’s reaching a new audience interested in comedy and the supernatural alike.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

As he rises from obscurity to stardom, the singer’s new album combines bright, reckless sound with dark lyrics about the pressures of fame.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer songwriter dropped her first single during the pandemic and its sound masterfully reflects its contemplative lyrical content.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

At just 20 years old, the singer-songwriter passionately weaves lyrics about teenage romance and heartbreak into her debut EP.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new Spotify exclusive podcast allows longtime viewers of the beloved program to explore the decisions and stories that made the show a work of genius.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Playlists are king on the streaming platform. These five users take their playlist curation to the next level.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

How has a game — once looked down upon and talked of in such negative light — garnered so much attention in recent years? Listening to people having fun playing the game certainly helped.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Even though I became obsessed with the theatrical masterpiece four years after everyone else, there are some upsides to experiencing the musical in 2020.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The posthumously released album serves as both an incredible tribute to the talent of the late rapper and an inside look at the artist’s inner turmoil.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

From poor advertising to musical sets that were too short, the virtual festival left many fans confused and disappointed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In her new podcast, the former first lady is speaking with her friends and family on a wide range of interesting and empowering topics.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer’s latest album, an unexpected surprise from isolation, is an ode to storytelling with empathetic lyrics and mystical sounds.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The popular singers’ recent behavior on social media has fans concerned that she is being manipulated by a controlling conservatorship.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The EP channels anxieties toward a bleak reality, employing the upbeat nature of indie-pop alongside feelings of loss, emptiness and the desire to escape.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

All of the concerts in the NPR Music series are great, but these six are guaranteed to get you moving and grooving.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Before Elvis ever took the stage, this woman was combining gospel, blues and jazz to pioneer the genre we all know today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On their latest album, the band embraces the complexities of divorce and heartbreak with a radical vulnerability that enchants every listener.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Rather than indulge in empty symbolism and stale motives, Swift’s eighth album reminds listeners why they fell in love with her work back in the early 2000s.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album was leaked just days before its planned release, but this PR disaster paved the way for other big-name artists to turn out early releases.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Songs for Carmella: Lullabies and Sing-Alongs’ challenges societal expectations of the role of women in the workplace and at home.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

100 gecs’ latest release is a remix album that features artists like Charlie XCX, Fall Out Boy and Kero Kero Bonito.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The podcast takes a conspiracy theory seriously to reveal how the CIA has influenced art in the past — and could very well still be doing so.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hosts Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat not only recount compelling tales of heinous crimes, but offer important advice for staying alive.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician pairs the melancholy with the joyful aspects of life, creating a balance of carefree nostalgia.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Will the real Lady A please stand up? Lady Antebellum renamed themselves to shed racist connotations, but didn’t realize their chosen moniker was taken.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether they’re playing D&D or giving terrible (but funny!) advice, these five on-going series remind us how important sharing a laugh with our family members can be.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You know who Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley are, so now it’s time to learn about the artists behind some of their greatest hits, Charles Singleton and Rose Marie McCoy.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Like any piece of historical fiction, the musical takes some artistic license, but fans are now wondering if the show has gone too far.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This calmer style of electronic music is the genre’s answer to the heavy bass and loud synths of EDM.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even before the pandemic, connecting with others was never easy. Here are stories stressing the complexity and worthiness of human interaction in all kinds of situations and relationships.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Creating your own show might sound daunting, but it can be a simple process if you follow these suggestions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist’s simple rhythms, addictive melodies and evocative lyrics have converged into a masterful EP that demonstrates his songwriting and production genius.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest release is apathy in musical form, and not in a good way.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you’re into electronic dance music, you know artists like Calvin Harris and Flume. But do you know the names of the vocalists featured in their songs?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Queen Bey is back with a new visual album that aims to uplift Black culture, but not everyone is excited about it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Want to get even more from your reading experience? Let your ears in on the fun.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Check out Politico’s podcast to hear diverse and empowering messages from women in business and politics.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Using beautiful melodies, catchy beats and lyrics that stick with you, this music reflects the struggles of these tumultuous times.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With virtual music festivals and concerts on the rise, these up-and-comers are starting to gain traction as fans tune in to their livestreams.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The self-proclaimed ‘one man boy band’ has kept busy by making music and advocating for mental health amidst the global pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The famous country singer, who has been called the Great Unifier, has a diverse group of fans because of her all-encompassing love for humanity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On her commanding second album, the 25-year-old singer-songwriter writes about the fears that come with depression and a life of touring.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Ryan Tedder’s band has been releasing versatile hits for nearly two decades, but they still remain under the radar.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Washington D.C. trio puts catchy piano melodies at the center of their sound, and wears their love of Queen on their sleeves.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

So, you want to make music? The first steps don’t have to be hard or pricey when you know where to start.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Minneapolis-born country-folk artist uses his music to create narratives worth sharing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether it’s with their happy music or their inspiring lyrics, these songs will help keep you afloat through all of life’s stresses.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The video-sharing app uses a variety of different types of sounds and phrases, but just where exactly did these catchy snippets come from?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether you’re strapped for time, want to learn more about the environment or have the need to comprehend how the mind works, there’s something for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

American pop culture has been defined by black excellence for decades. From Gordon Parks to Aaliyah, black artists continue to influence the new generation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether overtly political like Rachel Cargle’s ‘Revolution Playlist,’ or just something you made for a friend, playlists can function as spaces to heal, resist and connect.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Acting as an anthem for protests around the world, the rap duo’s latest album is far from the first time the group has encouraged social change.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While country music has grown overproduced and glamorous, this young, gritty musician embodies the traditions that built the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Throughout Perfume Genius’ latest album, Mike Hadreas embraces emotional excess and channels it into one of the best indie pop efforts of the year.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With her new album, many listeners had hoped the artist would create music that cemented her genius. Instead, fans were left underwhelmed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Virtual concerts are proving popular as major players in the musical world work hard to find new ways to engage their fans despite the need for social distancing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

One of the most visionary acts in electronic music is back with a new release that renews and alters elements of their previous work.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Boasting poetic lyrics and lighter melodies, the Brooklyn native’s latest album is a concept record exploring what it means to have everything.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The actor and musician’s fourth studio album shows just how much he has matured both musically and creatively throughout his career.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In a bold statement about the absurdity of the current music industry, this musical duo takes their sound to satirical extremes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Fans of Korean idols and idol groups are organizing around the world to crash alt-right Twitter hashtags and boost black activism on YouTube.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some say that the release runs a little long, but its experimentation, as well as lyrics that are both sentimental and politically charged, make it something memorable.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hailing from the U.K., the band mixes hip-hop, jazz, indie rock, pop and ambient house — and they haven’t let quarantine dampen their prospects.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The up-and-coming artist shares her distinctive voice and style with her livestreamed performances and new EP, ‘Otherside.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Contemporary rhythm and blues has been one of the most prominent musical styles over the past few years — what are these global newcomers adding to the mix?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Canadian singer took the world by storm, and now with a newfound voice, she is determined to defeat the odds set upon her by the media.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The single may have come out two years ago, but the song remains even more relevant today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

After two decades and traversing multiple genres, the rock duo has stayed loyal to the musical tradition that got them started.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The latest iteration of the long-running reality show franchise mixes song and romance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Whether he’s playing drums in Dead Weather or fronting his own White Stripes, the storied musician retains his own undeniable sound. 

Responsive Image

The rapper and comedian, real name Dave Burd, opens up on his autobiographical FXX television show.

Responsive Image

The British singer remained mysterious and kept his fans engaged while he hinted at his music video drop.

Responsive Image

The band has managed to create a unique sound and aesthetic with every new album, leaving many wondering what else they might have in store.

Responsive Image

The K-pop group’s loyal fan base, known as the BTS ARMY, has run into some pushback in their quest to pump up views on platforms like YouTube.

Responsive Image

With British, Spanish and Korean members, the UK band has people everywhere divided on what it means to be a K-pop group.

Responsive Image

The Florida rapper joins Billie Eilish and Lil Nas X as the latest artist accused of having a manufactured stardom. Are we too quick to affix the label of inauthenticity to popular musicians?

Responsive Image

The lo-fi artist’s extended play is unapologetically emotional and honest, providing an exploration of what it means to move on from heartache.

Responsive Image

The genre gets a bad rap, but those willing to dig deeper will find some clever ways of composing tight, compelling stories.

Responsive Image

The band’s latest album is their first full-length in seven years, and depending on who you ask, it’s either a derivative retread or a much-need return to the sounds of the 2000s.

Responsive Image

The versatile musician has moved beyond her ‘Whip My Hair’ days, and she deserves a lot more recognition.

Responsive Image

These two California twins draw from a huge range of influences to make a sound that may not be commercial, but remains true to their artistic vision.

Responsive Image

It’s not just festival cancellations that hurt. As COVID-19 continues to spread, the future of the business is starting to get dark.

Responsive Image

The trailblazing style of the late guitar player can be seen in both blues and rock ‘n’ roll, including in artists like the Black Keys.

Responsive Image

Once made up of musicians recording songs at home, the style is now infiltrating the mainstream.

Responsive Image

The musician’s latest release, ‘Fetch the Bolt Cutters,’ fights against perfection but still gets a rare 10.0 review from the long-running music site.

Responsive Image

Because of the web, aspiring producers and musicians can go from making beats in their bedroom to featuring on tracks by big name artists.

Responsive Image

Everything from just making sounds to the actual process of practicing can be life-changing.