Music

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

While hip-hop and rap have become a phenomenon in China, these artists have abandoned both the genre’s Black roots and its emphasis on authenticity.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The New York Times documentary boldly exposes the dark underbelly of Hollywood stardom, showing how tabloid culture exploited, harassed and vilified a young popstar — and how the people around her failed to protect her.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Jolin Tsai’s hit 2018 song and music video explore her personal struggles as an artist by diving into a study of one’s identity.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

In the multifaceted artist’s new song, ‘Don’t Judge Me,’ she transforms her knowledge of oppression into something truly restorative for all audiences.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

GOT7’s Mark Tuan and Sanjoy team up for the song ‘One In a Million,’ a smooth R&B love song perfect for Valentine’s Day weekend.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

More than two months after being snubbed by the Grammys, the Canadian recording artist gave a high-energy halftime performance of his massive collection of hits.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electro-pop trailblazer, who died at the age of 34 on Jan. 30, redefined her industry by challenging traditional concepts of gender, identity and sound.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Jolin Tsai’s feature in this Taiwanese pop hit encourages listeners to break conventions and appreciate one’s individuality.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

It’s on social media and in fan fiction: Many fans of the boy band like to speculate that Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles are in a secret romantic relationship. Is it just fun, or is it fetishization?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Curating music allows people to preserve moments in time, capture specific moods and pass experiences onto other listeners through songs.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

In the streaming era, vinyl still offers something unique for the music listening experience. But they require good care and upkeep.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With plenty of highly anticipated releases and online concerts slated for this year, here are the female artists to keep an ear out for.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Overlooked and neglected by their record label, the seven members of the K-pop boy group are now striking out on their own — as a team.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The renowned success of the track provides another example of the public’s obsession with the real-life romantic drama behind many popular songs.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Make the best of your time in isolation by learning a new language.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The podcast is a must-listen that will leave you educated, empowered and connected to those around you.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Netflix special takes a look at the emotions behind the singer’s Sweetener world tour.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pop singer has a past full of rushed and rocky relationships. Is her new one moving too fast, or is happiness more important?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These four artists have left their mark on the music industry, and will live on in the hearts of fans even after they’re long gone.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even without frightening visuals, this horror podcast immerses you into an unforgettable story.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

An episode of Netflix’s ‘Song Exploder’ offers insight into the process of creating the record.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Multitracks are a great way to keep your musical spirits up during the pandemic. Here’s a basic guide to creating one.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Listening to gentle tunes during quarantine may provide consolation to those in need of comfort. Here are some artists to get you started.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If we want the genre to continue to make an impact and have a stable future, we cannot depend on music that is made to go viral on the video-sharing app.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Drift off while listening to the spookiest channel on Spotify.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor Swift surprised fans with a second 2020 album, but is this one as good as her previous release?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The effects of COVID-19 can be heard in the somber themes of Taylor Swift’s newest album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

To expand your horizons, try thinking of an area of the world you haven’t explored and dive into its sounds.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In their latest release, Spillage Village uses religious motifs to address racism, police brutality, the pandemic and other prominent issues from 2020.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This relatable podcast is the perfect listen for young adults searching for a bit of peer guidance and support.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Laying rumors of retirement to rest, the artist has conjured up an album filled with diverse musical styles and songs of heartbreak.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Sounds x

Beyond just using the format to have their books read aloud, some writers are starting to use the medium to narrate their work in new, innovative ways.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With a mix of neo-soul, jazz fusion, hip-hop and pop, the rich, deep-set tones of a new genre are infiltrating popular culture.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Wearing silver pants and a long elfish beard in ‘Holiday,’ the singer gives Christmas a futuristic take. What does it mean to see him in hip-hop as he redefines musical and cultural boundaries?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The release of the 2021 Grammy Awards nominees sparked an outcry of fans and artists demanding transparency and equality from the selection committee.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The K-pop boy band illustrates life in the time of COVID-19 with their newest track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The two artists break free from the prison of their exes in the campy, rock ‘n’ roll themed music video.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

What makes this Korean pop supergroup such a success? It may be the multi-generational cast of experienced singers.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Known for his funny YouTube videos and being one half of comedy music duo Tiny Meat Gang, the entertainer is stepping out with some more serious music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These musicians sound a little different from their K-pop counterparts, but the music is just as good.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Based on League of Legends characters, this collection of (computerized) singers has become a worldwide sensation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Except for Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas,’ most contemporary Christmas songs aren’t very well known. Here are some excellent candidates for a new ‘Christmas classics’ list.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

More than 40 years after the song’s release, it has climbed up the top 100 once again. The reason? A heartwarming TikTok.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The virtual band, known for its collaborations with artists across musical genres, has released a new album that perfectly captures the band’s sound and sums up 2020.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This show interviews prominent environmentalists about the importance of balancing anger about the state of the planet with hope for the future.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While some critics have dismissed the artist’s latest album, a look at the lyrics paints a portrait of a singer who has found some measure of peace after a period of chaos.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer’s cover of Blondie’s hit song has the public wondering where she has been hiding her edge all her life. She’s always been a rockstar though, as seen by her deep history with the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some want us to separate the art from the artist, but that doesn’t remove the sexism, misogyny, toxicity and depraved messages about love, sex, drugs and women present in his work.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

One half of the brother-sister duo AKMU, the musician is spreading a message of positivity with her debut single.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Her sophomore album defined a generation. Now fans are anxiously waiting for more of her reassuring lyrics.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A brand new production company is putting out positive narratives of people during COVID-19. ‘It’s not supposed to be the Oscar winner of the year, it’s just meant to be something that speaks to people right now.’ — co-creator Adam Faze

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Starting off as a SoundCloud artist, the musician blends languages and genres to create a unique sound that’s also deeply personal.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer and her fashion choices have always faced criticism, but now the internet is objectifying her body.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The stage might be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are many diverse movies you can watch to fill the time.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

With the release of his latest album, a reminder of the singer-songwriter’s internet history may be one his greatest marketing tactics.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The backlash to Cardi B and Meg Thee Stallion’s hit song is incredibly hypocritical, and ignores the track’s empowering message.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Briahna Joy Gray, former national press secretary for Bernie Sanders, and Virgil Texas of the “Chapo Trap House” podcast mix humor and insight to deconstruct mainstream politics and the corporate-owned media.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Starting off with a small channel on YouTube, these sisters have tasted musical success while remaining true to both their family and audience.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Japanese Australian musician dropped a beautiful album that solidifies his career as an artist. However, some of the tracks sound superficial compared to the album’s overall message.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Despite several decades separating the heights of their popularity, both the rapper and the English singer-songwriter share an unwavering independent spirit.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You might not know it, but famous DJs like Calvin Harris and Skrillex have been making new music under different names.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The 23-year-old musician’s new album explores the experience of healing, and the role music plays in that process.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Every new semester merits a new playlist. These five tracks are the staples of mine.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While K-pop remains Korea’s most popular musical export, this indie rock band is forging the way for a few other styles of music to emerge from the country.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Scandanavian bedroom pop artist blew away fans with her 2018 release ‘i wanna be your girlfriend.’ Now popping up all over TikTok, she’s poised to dominate.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While the lyrics and sonic presence of his latest remix album, ‘Crush: The Remixes,’ speak to the LGBT+ experience, you don’t have to be queer to enjoy the music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Scottish pop singer is using her extra time during the pandemic to create new versions of her old music, as well as compose entirely new pieces — with a twist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

As the late rapper moved forward in his career, he evolved musically as well as emotionally, becoming more introspective as he battled with his inner demons.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist’s latest release, ‘I’m Allergic to Dogs,’ is a joyous EP that injects excitement into a year full of setbacks.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even after five decades, the legendary album continues to astound, comfort and enthrall fans of the band the world over.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You may run into unexpected challenges when starting your own podcast. Here’s some advice so you don’t run into the same problems I did.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even at 79 years old, the singer’s poetic lyrics and modern ideologies are still resonating with younger generations.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The two women have turned the tables on a music genre that’s usually dominated by men.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The 20-year-long music project, which tackles heavy topics like memory loss, has attracted a unique and melancholic following online.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The 2015 hip-hop concept album has a renewed importance because of its social and political commentary on racial inequality, institutional discrimination and African American culture.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Katy Perry’s latest release is an optimistic album about overcoming adversity, a message that many people need to hear right now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter is painting a complex picture of the United States in his soon to be released album, ‘The Ascension.’

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Lifestyle creators used to be notoriously family-friendly. How did LaurDIY break out of her PG persona in her new podcast?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Barcelona singer spent her childhood learning music long associated with revolution. Now, Rosalía is revolutionizing the music industry herself.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pandemic isn’t over, and music fans are getting antsy. Do these concerts scratch the itch, and are they COVID-safe?

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Because of her youthful spirit, Siwa is an inspiration to young kids, but people are quick to criticize the superstar for her over-the-top style.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new podcast is helping people learn how to deal with their fear of watching horror movies.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Beyoncé’s latest release is a celebration of Black beauty to empower Black women. The project unites African music and cultures in a visual masterpiece.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Activists, influencers and celebrities are opening up to Jamil about body image, mental health and many other important issues.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The stars of ‘The L Word’ have started a quarantine podcast that embodies what it means to survive a pandemic alongside the wit of your best friend.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Learn the first stages of becoming a podcaster from an amateur who has already made mistakes, so you don’t have to!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Over the past few months, EDM artists have been collaborating left and right. Here are some of the most exciting projects released in the age of COVID.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some on the app are roleplaying as Holocaust victims. Regardless of intent, the fad is disrespectful, to say the least.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Music has become a multisensory experience. Check out a brief history of how music incorporated the two art forms to reimagine visuals and audio united.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While arguments over music may seem trivial to some, learning to accept genres outside of your usual taste can lead to an open mind in other areas of your life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The British band embraces dialogue clips on their second album, which reflects on political, social and emotional struggles in their signature style.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Major players in the music industry have been suffering from the effects of the pandemic. Music That Never Sleeps is hoping to offset the damages.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The thrilling listening experience proves that the genre is our best chance at getting a taste of live theater during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Here are three amazing universe-building concept albums that you need to add to your Spotify queue.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new single captures the reality of pandemic social limitations while staying true to the heart of summer romance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sibling acts like the Jackson 5, the Jonas Brothers, HAIM and the Bee Gees need to make room because there’s a new and ferocious sister duo that’s here to stay.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Since the release of Taylor Swift’s eighth studio album, some fans have been speculating about possible double meanings in songs like ‘betty.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

England’s trip-hop icons aren’t afraid to tackle climate change, economic disparity and other contemporary issues transpiring in the world in their new audio-visual EP.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Their latest record is far more than just a collection of songs: Here’s a closer look at how the band has changed the game when it comes to debuting new music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Portland hip-hop musician is growing both lyrically and artistically.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The up-and-coming surf rock pop band uses mundane, everyday scenarios to express deep longing in their most recent album, ‘You and Your Friends.’

Responsive Image

The musician’s new song announces her return, and in the aftermath of her divorce from Liam Hemsworth, her independence.

Responsive Image

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s collab isn’t as scandalous as the internet wants you to believe.

Responsive Image

The show supplied our generation with great and forgettable covers alike. Which ones stand the test of time?

Responsive Image

Insomniac had to cancel their 2020 electronic music festival due to COVID-19, but fans are already hyped for next year’s show — tickets were gone within a day.

Responsive Image

The artist’s renowned songwriting has gone from red to monochrome to the full spectrum of colors to create vivid imagery in every line.

Responsive Image

Comedian Dan Cummins is a master of laughs. But with the help of his wife, Lynze Cummins, he’s reaching a new audience interested in comedy and the supernatural alike.

Responsive Image

As he rises from obscurity to stardom, the singer’s new album combines bright, reckless sound with dark lyrics about the pressures of fame.

Responsive Image

The young singer songwriter dropped her first single during the pandemic and its sound masterfully reflects its contemplative lyrical content.

Responsive Image

At just 20 years old, the singer-songwriter passionately weaves lyrics about teenage romance and heartbreak into her debut EP.

Responsive Image

The new Spotify exclusive podcast allows longtime viewers of the beloved program to explore the decisions and stories that made the show a work of genius.

Responsive Image

Playlists are king on the streaming platform. These five users take their playlist curation to the next level.

Responsive Image

How has a game — once looked down upon and talked of in such negative light — garnered so much attention in recent years? Listening to people having fun playing the game certainly helped.

Responsive Image

Even though I became obsessed with the theatrical masterpiece four years after everyone else, there are some upsides to experiencing the musical in 2020.

Responsive Image

The posthumously released album serves as both an incredible tribute to the talent of the late rapper and an inside look at the artist’s inner turmoil.

Responsive Image

From poor advertising to musical sets that were too short, the virtual festival left many fans confused and disappointed.

Responsive Image

In her new podcast, the former first lady is speaking with her friends and family on a wide range of interesting and empowering topics.

Responsive Image

The singer’s latest album, an unexpected surprise from isolation, is an ode to storytelling with empathetic lyrics and mystical sounds.