Culture

Responsive image
Sounds x

Katy Perry’s latest release is an optimistic album about overcoming adversity, a message that many people need to hear right now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer-songwriter is painting a complex picture of the United States in his soon to be released album, ‘The Ascension.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Few authors captured the human experience, particularly the Black experience, with as much nuance as her.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This digital comic blends manga influences with Disney-inspired artwork to create a compelling tale of romance by the sea.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Lifestyle creators used to be notoriously family-friendly. How did LaurDIY break out of her PG persona in her new podcast?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Barcelona singer spent her childhood learning music long associated with revolution. Now, Rosalía is revolutionizing the music industry herself.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pandemic isn’t over, and music fans are getting antsy. Do these concerts scratch the itch, and are they COVID-safe?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Kacen Callender’s young adult novel features a queer trans person of color amid friendships, love and a heartwarming journey of self-acceptance.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Because of her youthful spirit, Siwa is an inspiration to young kids, but people are quick to criticize the superstar for her over-the-top style.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new podcast is helping people learn how to deal with their fear of watching horror movies.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The genre can be fickle with its trends. However, this series seems to have the hang of these new fads with its fresh take on old tropes.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Beyoncé’s latest release is a celebration of Black beauty to empower Black women. The project unites African music and cultures in a visual masterpiece.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Activists, influencers and celebrities are opening up to Jamil about body image, mental health and many other important issues.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The stars of ‘The L Word’ have started a quarantine podcast that embodies what it means to survive a pandemic alongside the wit of your best friend.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Learn the first stages of becoming a podcaster from an amateur who has already made mistakes, so you don’t have to!

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The author’s second novel, which follows a grandmother and granddaughter, puts family and community at the forefront but lacks balance in its storytelling.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

HBO’s show offers a crystal clear picture of why communities need new ways to resolve conflicts and combat interpersonal violence.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Over the past few months, EDM artists have been collaborating left and right. Here are some of the most exciting projects released in the age of COVID.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Some on the app are roleplaying as Holocaust victims. Regardless of intent, the fad is disrespectful, to say the least.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Music has become a multisensory experience. Check out a brief history of how music incorporated the two art forms to reimagine visuals and audio united.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While arguments over music may seem trivial to some, learning to accept genres outside of your usual taste can lead to an open mind in other areas of your life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The British band embraces dialogue clips on their second album, which reflects on political, social and emotional struggles in their signature style.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Major players in the music industry have been suffering from the effects of the pandemic. Music That Never Sleeps is hoping to offset the damages.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The thrilling listening experience proves that the genre is our best chance at getting a taste of live theater during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Here are three amazing universe-building concept albums that you need to add to your Spotify queue.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

This plot device is one of the most overdone romantic clichés out there. Should it be left behind, or is there a way to make it new again?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new single captures the reality of pandemic social limitations while staying true to the heart of summer romance.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Sibling acts like the Jackson 5, the Jonas Brothers, HAIM and the Bee Gees need to make room because there’s a new and ferocious sister duo that’s here to stay.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Since the release of Taylor Swift’s eighth studio album, some fans have been speculating about possible double meanings in songs like ‘betty.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The touching but heartwrenching World War II novel explores a Jewish girl’s hope-filled journey to find community in a war-ravaged Germany.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

England’s trip-hop icons aren’t afraid to tackle climate change, economic disparity and other contemporary issues transpiring in the world in their new audio-visual EP.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Their latest record is far more than just a collection of songs: Here’s a closer look at how the band has changed the game when it comes to debuting new music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Portland hip-hop musician is growing both lyrically and artistically.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The up-and-coming surf rock pop band uses mundane, everyday scenarios to express deep longing in their most recent album, ‘You and Your Friends.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The book is full of social media, insane baked goods and a love story you can’t help but root for.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The Lee Chang-dong film adaptation of the critically acclaimed author’s short story may have changed a few details, but it maintains the spirit of the work.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Karen M. McManus’ young adult mystery novel both upholds and defies the tropes of the classic ’80s movie.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s new song announces her return, and in the aftermath of her divorce from Liam Hemsworth, her independence.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s collab isn’t as scandalous as the internet wants you to believe.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The show supplied our generation with great and forgettable covers alike. Which ones stand the test of time?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Insomniac had to cancel their 2020 electronic music festival due to COVID-19, but fans are already hyped for next year’s show — tickets were gone within a day.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Surfing the internet might take time away from your beloved books, but these blogs are the perfect companions to your favorite novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel explores the long process of a guarded teenager finding belonging in her last foster home after a lifetime of letdowns.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist’s renowned songwriting has gone from red to monochrome to the full spectrum of colors to create vivid imagery in every line.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Comedian Dan Cummins is a master of laughs. But with the help of his wife, Lynze Cummins, he’s reaching a new audience interested in comedy and the supernatural alike.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

As he rises from obscurity to stardom, the singer’s new album combines bright, reckless sound with dark lyrics about the pressures of fame.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer songwriter dropped her first single during the pandemic and its sound masterfully reflects its contemplative lyrical content.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The novel’s heartbreaking exploration of divorce and loss allows its exquisite friendships and familial connections to take center stage.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

At just 20 years old, the singer-songwriter passionately weaves lyrics about teenage romance and heartbreak into her debut EP.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her new book, Brit Bennett dissects extremely relevant issues with memorable characters and excellent storytelling.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new Spotify exclusive podcast allows longtime viewers of the beloved program to explore the decisions and stories that made the show a work of genius.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Have you always wanted to start a journal, but didn’t know where to begin? Try one of these simple techniques to get started on your daily journaling journey.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Scott O’Connor has a unique and fearless writing style that will immerse you in the novel and make you feel like you’re part of the story.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Playlists are king on the streaming platform. These five users take their playlist curation to the next level.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

How has a game — once looked down upon and talked of in such negative light — garnered so much attention in recent years? Listening to people having fun playing the game certainly helped.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Even though I became obsessed with the theatrical masterpiece four years after everyone else, there are some upsides to experiencing the musical in 2020.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The posthumously released album serves as both an incredible tribute to the talent of the late rapper and an inside look at the artist’s inner turmoil.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Victor LaValle’s story blends fantastical elements with the very real issues of racism and violence, all against the backdrop of the urban landscape.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

From poor advertising to musical sets that were too short, the virtual festival left many fans confused and disappointed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

In her new podcast, the former first lady is speaking with her friends and family on a wide range of interesting and empowering topics.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The new book written by Donald’s niece exhumes decades of corruption and greed in the Trump empire, even before her uncle entered the White House.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The singer’s latest album, an unexpected surprise from isolation, is an ode to storytelling with empathetic lyrics and mystical sounds.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The popular singers’ recent behavior on social media has fans concerned that she is being manipulated by a controlling conservatorship.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The EP channels anxieties toward a bleak reality, employing the upbeat nature of indie-pop alongside feelings of loss, emptiness and the desire to escape.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

All of the concerts in the NPR Music series are great, but these six are guaranteed to get you moving and grooving.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

People who share protagonists’ identities shouldn’t only author books. Their feedback can vastly improve how books represent marginalized groups.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Before Elvis ever took the stage, this woman was combining gospel, blues and jazz to pioneer the genre we all know today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

On their latest album, the band embraces the complexities of divorce and heartbreak with a radical vulnerability that enchants every listener.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The open letter against ‘cancel culture’ was mostly signed by people with enormous influence — those who least need to worry about ‘cancellation.’

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Rather than indulge in empty symbolism and stale motives, Swift’s eighth album reminds listeners why they fell in love with her work back in the early 2000s.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album was leaked just days before its planned release, but this PR disaster paved the way for other big-name artists to turn out early releases.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The psychological realism of Laura van den Berg’s second book parallels the isolation many are feeling during the pandemic.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Songs for Carmella: Lullabies and Sing-Alongs’ challenges societal expectations of the role of women in the workplace and at home.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

After receiving harsh criticism from her colleagues, the former columnist speaks of the grim consequences for people that go against the grain.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her new book, Samantha Mabry shows readers that vulnerability and independence are not mutually exclusive.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Thoughts x

Instead of villainizing technology just because it’s trendy, Cal Newport makes a compelling case for satisfaction that runs deeper than pings and pixels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

In her memoir, Carmen Maria Machado documents her experiences in an abusive queer relationship, telling a story that often goes untold.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

100 gecs’ latest release is a remix album that features artists like Charlie XCX, Fall Out Boy and Kero Kero Bonito.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The podcast takes a conspiracy theory seriously to reveal how the CIA has influenced art in the past — and could very well still be doing so.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hosts Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat not only recount compelling tales of heinous crimes, but offer important advice for staying alive.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician pairs the melancholy with the joyful aspects of life, creating a balance of carefree nostalgia.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Will the real Lady A please stand up? Lady Antebellum renamed themselves to shed racist connotations, but didn’t realize their chosen moniker was taken.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Whether they’re playing D&D or giving terrible (but funny!) advice, these five on-going series remind us how important sharing a laugh with our family members can be.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

The concept provides an artistic and powerful way to engage in social change by coaxing our imagination to connect us to the voices of the past.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Now more than ever, people are calling on brands to step up. The culture magazine took another step in the right direction by having Dario Calmese shoot their cover.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You know who Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley are, so now it’s time to learn about the artists behind some of their greatest hits, Charles Singleton and Rose Marie McCoy.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Like any piece of historical fiction, the musical takes some artistic license, but fans are now wondering if the show has gone too far.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This calmer style of electronic music is the genre’s answer to the heavy bass and loud synths of EDM.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Even before the pandemic, connecting with others was never easy. Here are stories stressing the complexity and worthiness of human interaction in all kinds of situations and relationships.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Creating your own show might sound daunting, but it can be a simple process if you follow these suggestions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist’s simple rhythms, addictive melodies and evocative lyrics have converged into a masterful EP that demonstrates his songwriting and production genius.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

With videos ranging from book reviews to bookshelf tours to group reads, this online community is more than just a virtual book club.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The musician’s latest release is apathy in musical form, and not in a good way.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

If you’re into electronic dance music, you know artists like Calvin Harris and Flume. But do you know the names of the vocalists featured in their songs?

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

The philosopher’s theories of the ‘studium’ and the ‘punctum’ explains why we prefer certain creative works over others.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

There’s no shame in dropping a book that you have no desire to read.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Queen Bey is back with a new visual album that aims to uplift Black culture, but not everyone is excited about it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Want to get even more from your reading experience? Let your ears in on the fun.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Khalil Gibran Muhammad’s exploration of African Americans during the Progressive Era unveils the prejudice behind evidence of Black criminality.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Check out Politico’s podcast to hear diverse and empowering messages from women in business and politics.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Whether you want to be a prestigious journalist or write the next bestselling fantasy novel, these tips will help you build a following.

Responsive Image

Asexuality and aromanticism are seemingly impossible to find in mainstream pop culture, but what if we look beyond the labels?

Responsive Image

Whether your goal is to cut back on wasted screen time, increase your cultural knowledge, or learn self-patience, this app is a necessity.

Responsive Image

Using beautiful melodies, catchy beats and lyrics that stick with you, this music reflects the struggles of these tumultuous times.

Responsive Image

This exercise is one of the best ways to help authors overcome feeling stuck. Following certain guidelines of the practice will ensure success.

Responsive Image

With virtual music festivals and concerts on the rise, these up-and-comers are starting to gain traction as fans tune in to their livestreams.

Responsive Image

The self-proclaimed ‘one man boy band’ has kept busy by making music and advocating for mental health amidst the global pandemic.

Responsive Image

In her book ‘Sweet Remedies,’ herbalist and apothecary Dawn Combs spills the beans on honey-based drinks and confectionery.

Responsive Image

The famous country singer, who has been called the Great Unifier, has a diverse group of fans because of her all-encompassing love for humanity.

Responsive Image

‘Such a Fun Age’ and ‘Little Fires Everywhere’ illustrate that just avoiding overt racism isn’t enough to combat white supremacy on a systemic level.

Responsive Image

On her commanding second album, the 25-year-old singer-songwriter writes about the fears that come with depression and a life of touring.

Responsive Image

Ryan Tedder’s band has been releasing versatile hits for nearly two decades, but they still remain under the radar.

Responsive Image

The graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier captures the struggle of being diagnosed — and living with — a chronic illness.

Responsive Image

It is more important than ever to remember the teachings of renowned Black feminist scholar as we consider empathy in our own communities.

Responsive Image

Amy Poehler, Hope Jahren and James Comey reveal that although success seems bright and shiny from the outside, the journey there is often bumpy.

Responsive Image

Though Robin DiAngelo’s book clearly comes from a well-meaning place, does the book undermine the possibility for working-class solidarity across races?

Responsive Image

The Washington D.C. trio puts catchy piano melodies at the center of their sound, and wears their love of Queen on their sleeves.

Responsive Image

So, you want to make music? The first steps don’t have to be hard or pricey when you know where to start.