Culture

Responsive image
Sounds x

The catchy tunes and Latin influence of this music sensation have everyone listening, dancing and wondering about this genre’s burst into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans are shocked as the former One Direction singer strips his boy-band identity for a persona that suits his age.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

These five young POC activists are fighting to end the worldwide climate change crisis.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Big Easy is known for jazz, but is it what everyone’s listening to? It’s time to explore the multifaceted music scene that includes rock, rap and funk.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Whether she’s writing as V.E. Schwab or Victoria Schwab, her wide range of books are always worth the read.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This show is both educational and entertaining, if you can believe it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the end of an era, but the music of these Dutch electronic legends will always live on.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In sharing his HIV-positive status in his new memoir, the ‘Queer Eye’ star opens up an important dialogue.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Here’s a look at other sitcoms that could follow the lead of the ‘Office Ladies,’ which features Pam and Angela from ‘The Office.’ 

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

I don’t know who hurt him, but they better watch their back.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Rave culture is on the rise and providing new opportunities for aspiring artist. Here are some new artists to look out for in the next few years.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Hailing from Minnesota, these three friends drink wine and put their own spin on the true crime podcast.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

A recent trend in popular culture may indicate a growing fear of those with too much power.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Remember, studying isn’t a rave. Chill out with this playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This family band is writing beautiful harmonies that evoke their Oregon home.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

EarthGang is the Southern dynamic duo you have been waiting for.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

XXL posts an annual list of top new artists. Which year produced the ones with the most staying power?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This collaboration between Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey and Ariana Grande is a heavenly pairing.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Charli XCX’s new album displays her trademark style, but is a bit derivative of her older work.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new Travis Scott documentary has some fun moments, but avoids deeper insights into the rapper’s life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electropop duo revisits their past with their second full-length release of the year.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Will Artemis be the next ‘Harry Potter’ or the next ‘Percy Jackson’?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This album is the comeback of R&B no one knew we needed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

I’ve done my waiting, 12 years of it!

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This movie looks at ambition, mental health, creativity, complacency and how they all connect.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Babushka Boi’ is the culmination of A$AP Rocky’s past, present and future.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Just when you thought he couldn’t be more successful, he drops ‘Hollywood’s Bleeding.’

By

Responsive image
Culture x

With its negative social and environmental implications, the death of fast fashion is long overdue.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Could we be seeing some musical maturity in this new album? Possibly …

By

Responsive image
Pages x

One of America’s greatest authors led quite a remarkable life, for better or for worse.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Where will our dystopian heroine find herself this time?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indelible voice is going to rediscovered by a new generation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Are you here for ‘Norman F—ing Rockwell!’?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With his second album, this developing musician shows just why Kanye and Justin Vernon have taken an interest in him.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Pages x

Blessed be the fruit. From Atwood to Zumas, here four feminist fiction novels that will help you to start a revolution.  

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Their new album is a revelation of the struggles the band members have been through, and their honesty is inspiring.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The most talented team in all of electronic music continues their trend of groundbreaking sounds.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This generations-spanning anime and manga provides nearly endless hours of inspiring entertainment for those with the courage to take the dive.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

cocainejesus captures a reveling, adventurous spirit in his most introspective album yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The hit Broadway musical sidesteps a frank portrayal of teenage suicide in favor of a half-baked portrait of teenage mental health.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

These are definitely some of the stranger products from the Cola conglomerate.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Direction star’s interview with Rolling Stone gives fans key insight into his upcoming album.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

As the only release before the artist’s untimely death, the album still amazes with its virtuosity, diversity and passion

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From Tyler, the Creator to Taylor Swift, the summer of 2019 was filled to the brim with wonderful albums.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The more important question … are we ready for it?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Addic.tech breaks the music-streaming mold by providing a passionate, high-quality experience.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Deeply personal and utterly dynamic, you won’t have to ‘tryhard’ to like the album.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

The term disabled isn’t a dirty word, so why act like it is by using alternative phrases?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s been 50 years since the festival, but its message lives on.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Broadway-bound composers and producers should look to the Classics for musical theater inspiration.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Grant Morrison’s comic book miniseries tells the story of three cybernetic animals and their perilous journey in search of home.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Completing a four album cycle, the new release from the indie folk band is another intriguing chapter in the band’s creative evolution.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hip-hop culture needs to make female representation and diversity a priority.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor isn’t crying over boys anymore.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Is it really all sunshine and rainbows?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Latin music is gaining popularity, but these artists still need to make their way on to your playlists. 

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

Probably not. It’ll take a lot to clean up Joss Whedon’s mess.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Following K-pop can be overwhelming, so here’s a breakdown of where and how to get the best content.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

You should seriously be anticipating the upcoming debut solo album from the Fifth Harmony star.

By

Responsive image
College /// Sounds x

Here are 10 motivational tunes that will get you through the upcoming school year.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Hip-hop artist Taylor Bennett talks about alienation on this EP. 

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Move over men, Tommy Genesis is here to reclaim the female body.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

These artists will make you laugh even on the worst days.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

This oft-forgotten category should be on more people’s minds.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Because we all need to realize that having it is perfectly normal.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

Megan Thee Stallion’s moniker for summer 2019, “Hot Girl Summer,” illustrates the shifting demography of the rap game to include more women.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Let’s dive ‘head first’ into his newest release, ‘bright side of the moon.’

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Aaron Sorkin’s adaption of the beloved Harper Lee novel tinkers with conventions of a classic American story.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The book reimagines ‘The Iliad’ from the perspective of the epic’s oft-ignored female characters.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Where do you start with the author who offered so much insight into the black experience?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

These two YouTubers are creating something new out of the familiar.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture x

Will the potential legalization of marijuana put a dent in Wisconsin’s thriving alcohol industry?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From their name to their message, the band’s faith comes first.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Students x

Your stomach will thank you. Your wallet? Not so much.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Ra Ra Riot has some good ideas and some mediocre songs.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

He went viral years ago and he’s still singing his heart out.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Looking for a summer podcast to wrap your brain around during a long car ride?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

The actor’s death is a wakeup call for overthinking and stressed out millennials to realize life’s true purpose.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

He will have you reminiscing about your first love in every song.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Her spoken word is just as genius as her writing.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

One up-and-coming artist and her Friends are fusing pop and jazz into musical masterpieces, one song at a time.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With ‘Phantom Palace,’ Kevin Johnson introduces his own brand of ‘time travel pop.’

By

Responsive image
Pages x

‘The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists’ can teach plenty of lessons — some more valuable than others.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

You might not want to throw out those college degrees just yet.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

A crowd at the Neurolux in Boise, Idaho took a trip into the Melancholy Box of Infinite Sadness and will never be the same.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

How iconic bars like the Gay 90’s have been dragging a stubborn society to a more welcoming future.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The hilariously foul-mouthed Australian puppet comedian has a big introspective side.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

One of the U.K.’s fastest-rising producers is expanding his signature style.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

Sounds x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Heartbroken? There’s a song for that.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

I’ve done my waiting, 12 years of it!

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

These artists are changing the game.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Taylor isn’t crying over boys anymore.

Responsive Image

Is it really all sunshine and rainbows?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

‘WILLOW’ finds serenity in the Cosmos.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

“NH2” is coming, folks.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The bop brings R&B vibes and creative sounds.

Responsive Image

The raw debut album is a narrative toward self-discovery and meaning.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Dr. Luke: doctor of music but ruiner of morals and reputations

Responsive Image

Listen outside of your comfort zone.

Responsive Image

Taylor’s signature cryptic messages are back.

Responsive Image

After much anticipation, is ‘The Big Day’ everything it’s been made out to be?

Responsive Image

Even though he’s gone, the New Orleans funkmaster lives on through memories and samples alike.

Responsive Image

Simple efforts can make a big difference.

Responsive Image

The chilling climate change warning is a stunning blend of activism and art.

Responsive Image

This Dream Theater album’s lyrical insight into mental illness is still relevant today.

Responsive Image

Only Postmodern Jukebox could see Eminem in gypsy jazz.

Responsive Image

If you find yourself in a music rut, don’t despair.

Responsive Image

Dive deep into the true crime genre this summer.

Responsive Image

Gretchen McCulloch shows readers that there’s more to internet language than you think.

Responsive Image

The musician’s latest release reframes our issues as an opportunity for self-improvement, rather than an excuse for self-pity.

Responsive Image

The powerhouse musician ups the ante by doing two simultaneous tours, Enigma and Jazz & Piano.

Responsive Image

Gotta protect ‘em all.

Responsive Image

Nigerian musician Burna Boy could be the next breakout artist.

Responsive Image

Why simply read horror stories when you can create and star in your own?

Responsive Image

The Chicago MC’s debut album is a 22 track love letter to God, marriage and his wife that’s heavy on enthusiasm and light on most everything else.