Culture

Responsive image
Sounds x

The talented producer, rapper and writer is creating hilarious tunes for a new digital age.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Directioner opened up, but is still facing some antipathy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Nothings says ’tis the season like a go-to Christmas track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Space city is much more than ‘Astroworld’; these rappers personify the city’s culture with their unique beats and styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They used to be reserved for dimming stars, but now it’s hosting the brightest and regaining its reputation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This Shakespeare adaptation strays from the source material, but in doing so creates quite the cautionary tale about the price of war.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The singer changed the game for Latinx artists and now this upcoming biopic will give fans an even closer look at her infamous life.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Holly Black ties up the loose ends in her sweeping ‘Folk of the Air’ young adult fantasy series.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The newest ‘Saturday Night Live’ cast member Bowen Yang has a podcast with his friend Matt Rogers, and it’s time to get listening.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The pop star’s contribution to the ‘Cats’ soundtrack parallels her own life in a few ways.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor Swift is fighting for the rights of musicians to retain control over their own work.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

“I’d take a personal connection of 10,000 people over a commercial audience of a million.”

By

Responsive image
Pages x

They have a charm that can’t be matched by the large corporate chains.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Almost seven years after the beloved Nickelodeon show ended, it’s finally available on the popular streaming service. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice have come a long way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Ibram X. Kendi’s newest book mixes personal narrative and political analysis to examine how structural racism manifests itself today — oftentimes unconsciously.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

Beachwear, crop tops and chokers. Oh my!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Imagine listening to your favorite hip-hop songs in moody, angelic slow motion.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The concept album features a futuristic storyline as well as a blend of different genres that defy easy categorization. 

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist speaks out on some controversies in this new release.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album is full of legends, from Chaka Khan to Donna Summer.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The ‘Folk of the Air’ trilogy — a world of intrigue and fairies — will receive a fitting send-off by the acclaimed young adult author.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album might be his worst one yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Roll into some wacky adventures with these D&D podcasters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The trap musician mixes up his trademark pounding basslines with other styles on this distinct and complex production.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You can always count on this New York radio show to keep it real — whether it’s the music or the commentary, these hosts are guaranteed to make mornings better.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Fans deserve more credit for their art, especially as fan works move into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

‘Maniac’ shows that the singer is a force to be reckoned with, in dating and in the music industry.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The demand for change in the performing arts is leading to a new kind of sex talk.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture x

From an extravagant card game, to an occult tool, to a mediation technique, tarot is far more interesting than a mere carnival exhibition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Her new tracks ‘Lose You To Love Me’ and ‘Look At Her Now’ have skyrocketed up the charts, but they’ve also attracted some haters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While Gucci Mane has dropped some great hits, his newest album shows that he’s getting a little too comfortable with his patented formula.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album shows the 21-year-old indie artist expanding his sound, while still bringing catchy sad boy tunes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Social media bullying and the grueling standards of the South Korean pop music industry could have played a part in the star’s untimely passing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indie pop artist’s debut album ‘Immunity’ goes far beyond the expectations established by her viral singles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The popular singer is refreshingly honest about his own struggles with mental health.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The supergroup gives traditional outlaw country a powerful, all-female twist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist addresses the HIV/AIDS crisis with his club nights, but not without some controversy from activist circles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And stirs up controversy as he typically does.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From dub to off-kilter anarcho-punk, these recordings find freedom in the macabre.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

Jack rules as Pumpkin King, Marnie Piper lives in Halloweentown and the Sanderson witches haunt Salem. But none of these Halloween classics live up to the true history behind All Hallows’ Eve.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

If you find yourself stressed, running from one thing to the next, you might need a new strategy. This reading habit can help bring intentionality to chaotic routines.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

This young activist is working with a worldwide movement to help stave off the threat of climate change.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We’re not ready for the new trend that is Halloween music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We love her, but she needs to do better.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Wellness x

How to manage when the workday is long, but the commute feels longer.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Even amidst a future, supernatural dystopia, this manga still sees hope at the heart of humanity.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Can HBO finally make an adaptation that will make Alan Moore proud?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The brand new project from Labrinth has finally been released.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Stephen Chbosky is back at it with this classically structured horror novel, where a child once again convenes with the supernatural realm.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The catchy tunes and Latin influence of this music sensation have everyone listening, dancing and wondering about this genre’s burst into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans are shocked as the former One Direction singer strips his boy-band identity for a persona that suits his age.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

These five young POC activists are fighting to end the worldwide climate change crisis.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Big Easy is known for jazz, but is it what everyone’s listening to? It’s time to explore the multifaceted music scene that includes rock, rap and funk.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Whether she’s writing as V.E. Schwab or Victoria Schwab, her wide range of books are always worth the read.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This show is both educational and entertaining, if you can believe it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the end of an era, but the music of these Dutch electronic legends will always live on.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In sharing his HIV-positive status in his new memoir, the ‘Queer Eye’ star opens up an important dialogue.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Here’s a look at other sitcoms that could follow the lead of the ‘Office Ladies,’ which features Pam and Angela from ‘The Office.’ 

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

I don’t know who hurt him, but they better watch their back.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Rave culture is on the rise and providing new opportunities for aspiring artist. Here are some new artists to look out for in the next few years.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Hailing from Minnesota, these three friends drink wine and put their own spin on the true crime podcast.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

A recent trend in popular culture may indicate a growing fear of those with too much power.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Remember, studying isn’t a rave. Chill out with this playlist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This family band is writing beautiful harmonies that evoke their Oregon home.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

EarthGang is the Southern dynamic duo you have been waiting for.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

XXL posts an annual list of top new artists. Which year produced the ones with the most staying power?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This collaboration between Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey and Ariana Grande is a heavenly pairing.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Charli XCX’s new album displays her trademark style, but is a bit derivative of her older work.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The new Travis Scott documentary has some fun moments, but avoids deeper insights into the rapper’s life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The electropop duo revisits their past with their second full-length release of the year.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Will Artemis be the next ‘Harry Potter’ or the next ‘Percy Jackson’?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This album is the comeback of R&B no one knew we needed.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

I’ve done my waiting, 12 years of it!

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This movie looks at ambition, mental health, creativity, complacency and how they all connect.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

‘Babushka Boi’ is the culmination of A$AP Rocky’s past, present and future.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Just when you thought he couldn’t be more successful, he drops ‘Hollywood’s Bleeding.’

By

Responsive image
Culture x

With its negative social and environmental implications, the death of fast fashion is long overdue.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Could we be seeing some musical maturity in this new album? Possibly …

By

Responsive image
Pages x

One of America’s greatest authors led quite a remarkable life, for better or for worse.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Where will our dystopian heroine find herself this time?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indelible voice is going to rediscovered by a new generation.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Are you here for ‘Norman F—ing Rockwell!’?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

With his second album, this developing musician shows just why Kanye and Justin Vernon have taken an interest in him.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Pages x

Blessed be the fruit. From Atwood to Zumas, here four feminist fiction novels that will help you to start a revolution.  

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Their new album is a revelation of the struggles the band members have been through, and their honesty is inspiring.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Pages /// Screens x

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Responsive image
Pages x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Directioners, this is truly not the end.

Responsive Image

A look at how a once great network lost its way.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We stan artists coming into their own.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s as easy as listening to music.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Heartbroken? There’s a song for that.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

I’ve done my waiting, 12 years of it!

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

It’s a gift that keeps on giving.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The most talented team in all of electronic music continues their trend of groundbreaking sounds.

Responsive Image

This generations-spanning anime and manga provides nearly endless hours of inspiring entertainment for those with the courage to take the dive.

Responsive Image

cocainejesus captures a reveling, adventurous spirit in his most introspective album yet.

Responsive Image

The hit Broadway musical sidesteps a frank portrayal of teenage suicide in favor of a half-baked portrait of teenage mental health.

Responsive Image

These are definitely some of the stranger products from the Cola conglomerate.

Responsive Image

The former One Direction star’s interview with Rolling Stone gives fans key insight into his upcoming album.

Responsive Image

As the only release before the artist’s untimely death, the album still amazes with its virtuosity, diversity and passion

Responsive Image

From Tyler, the Creator to Taylor Swift, the summer of 2019 was filled to the brim with wonderful albums.

Responsive Image

These artists are changing the game.

Responsive Image

The more important question … are we ready for it?

Responsive Image

Addic.tech breaks the music-streaming mold by providing a passionate, high-quality experience.

Responsive Image

Deeply personal and utterly dynamic, you won’t have to ‘tryhard’ to like the album.

Responsive Image

The term disabled isn’t a dirty word, so why act like it is by using alternative phrases?

Responsive Image

It’s been 50 years since the festival, but its message lives on.

Responsive Image

Broadway-bound composers and producers should look to the Classics for musical theater inspiration.

Responsive Image

Grant Morrison’s comic book miniseries tells the story of three cybernetic animals and their perilous journey in search of home.

Responsive Image

Completing a four album cycle, the new release from the indie folk band is another intriguing chapter in the band’s creative evolution.

Responsive Image

Hip-hop culture needs to make female representation and diversity a priority.