News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the pink-collar economy is growing, the wages aren’t.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several college-oriented Instagram accounts are objectifying women while their followers remain oblivious.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Despite what major news outlets claim, condom snorting isn’t popular amongst teens.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Connor Clegg, the student body president of Texas State in San Marcos, was found guilty of all six articles of impeachment.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

How a group of Feminist artists are fighting the Trump administration with phone booth graffiti.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If DACA students’ citizenship changes, they could be considered international or undocumented students, a change in nomenclature with significant ramifications.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Financial expert Patrick Harker thinks the ways college is financed could hurt low- and middle-income students from succeeding.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Canadians mourn the loss of 16 people who died in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, with the Saskatchewanian families affected receiving overwhelming support.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Nothing reflects a bright future quite like 947 solar panels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The non-lethal shooting has raised questions about what campus police should and should not be able to do.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Call them what you want to, but the vape gods are here to stay.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After decades of silently dealing with low wage and under-equipped working environment, teachers in Kentucky and Oklahoma have decided to raise their voice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Opponents are using ignorance to justify killing black women. Luckily there are ways to stop these attacks from happening.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The alleged incident, in conjunction with Larry Nassar’s felonies, paint the picture of a university intent on covering up the crimes of its athletics community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The man accused of murdering college student Jacqueline Vandagriff says her dying caused him to ‘panic,’ dismember her body and light it on fire.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Room-scale VR allows participants to have an open-minded experience of journalism.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a controversial op-ed, columnist James Bovard refuted reports about food insecurity on college campuses, instead calling students ‘overweight and lazy.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Millions of people who downloaded the app ‘This is your Digital Life,’ as well as friends of those users, are set to receive messages in the coming days.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Facebook CEO used the response ‘I’ll have someone on my team get back to you’ so many times that Twitter users created a drinking game out of it.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Being stopped by a police officer is definitely not a great way to end the day, especially if it’s just for broken taillights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The party is grappling over whether to encourage calls for impeachment or ignore them, as both devalue the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Educators across the country are calling for an end to the ‘war on public education,’ claiming their pay and funding have shrunk to impossibly low levels.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After years of dodging requests to appear before Congress, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will finally answer their questions this week.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Andrew Dorogi, an economics major and senior at Amherst College in Massachusetts, died after falling onto train tracks in Mexico City.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several uncommon elements of the April 3 shooting at YouTube headquarters have thrown analysts for a loop.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Stormy Daniels, the adult film star embroiled in a sex scandal with President Trump, should not be dismissed due to her profession.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After Snapchat’s horrible update, Instagram’s new algorithm and Facebook’s privacy scandals, should you start using Vero instead?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

According to the suit, a ‘diversity quota’ at Harvard forces Asian-American students to score higher on the SAT just to be competitive with their white counterparts.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At Pasadena City College, for instance, the number of students whose parents make more than $100,000 has increased from 197 in 2007 to 828 in 2017.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Trump is notoriously known for using gun violence to draw attention away from the lack of gun control in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Deadline broke a heated story accusing Nickelodeon money-maker Dan Schneider of abusing young stars in his own shows after a sudden exit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Kenya’s ban of forced anal exams on suspected gay men can influence LGBT change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative media outlet, somewhat hypocritically, forced anchors nationwide to read a script designed to stoke fears of media bias.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon has proposed legislation for the Debt-Free College Act, which aims to combat mounting student debt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative vice president has been vocal about his opposition to the ‘gay agenda’ from the start of his political reign.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After losing a handful of national advertisers, Ingraham was suddenly feeling very apologetic.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 22-year-old is the latest black man to be unjustly killed for a crime he had nothing to do with.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a statement, the president, whom 15 women have accused of sexual misconduct, implored audiences to heed the claims of sexual-abuse victims.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Given that the standard procedure is to shy away from such definitive language, Austin police chief Brian Manley’s statement took many by surprise.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The controversy is the latest in a series of blows to the reputation of the historic HBCU, whose president students are now demanding resign.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Middle Tennessee State University is the latest recipient of a grant from the foundation, which has a history of using such agreements to advance their political agenda.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The social media platform you loved in middle school isn’t what it used to be.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

These careers are the most likely, statistically speaking, to help you become a billionaire.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Because it’s incredibly believable that the Parkland survivor would rip up the Constitution.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Until April 15, the planet Mercury will be in retrograde. Why does this matter? It doesn’t, not really — but astrologers will tell you otherwise.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The future of cryptocurrency looks potentially unstable, as government institutions and major advertising platforms warn against their risks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incorporating elements from multiple human rights movements, the March for Our Lives in New York continues to remind us of the urgent needs for social changes.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a 9-year-old in Topeka, Kansas, Linda Brown Thompson’s desire to go to school with her friends would later change the course of history.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, a handful of states and pioneering student groups have paved the way for no-cost tampons and other feminine hygiene products.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the president’s first ban on transgender military service was struck down, the commander in chief has proposed an amended version of the first policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Don’t let people tell you that your vote does not matter. It does, especially if you are wishing for a change to happen.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The upcoming vote on Proposition 1 will not be cast in the traditional way since Anchorage has opted for the vote-by-mail system.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After discovering the breach two years ago, Facebook first moved to sue the news outlets intent on reporting it. Now, Zuckerberg is changing his tune.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As long as we still have the ‘missed connections’ page, Craigslist romance will live on.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

I went to the March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C., on March 24th, and it will probably be the most important thing I’ve ever done.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The shooting, which occurred just days before the March for Our Lives protest and took the life of Jaelyn Wiley, is the 18th school shooting of 2018.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The University of Hawaii Maui College is taking advantage of its ample sunlight and conservation-minded student body to transition to renewable energy sources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Can someone be a member of the LGBT+ community and still be homophobic? Absolutely, and it happens more often than you’d think.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Rihanna-1, Snapchat-0.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Jake Paul made a documentary titled ‘It’s Time to End School Shootings,’ but his efforts were too little, too late.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

Former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are setting new communication standards for politicians now that they are in negotiations with Netflix.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 24-year-old white male took his life yesterday, March 22, before he could be apprehended by the authorities.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Accidents or not, students rely on the ride-sharing app and are anticipating the advent of its self-driving fleet.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Is society ready to tackle sexual harassment in the workplace effectively?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Despite their efforts, schools are struggling to keep up with the increasing rates of students with mental-health problems.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Investigators have begun to walk back the idea that the crimes are racially motivated, leaving detectives at a loss for a cause.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The proposal aims to reduce the amount of nicotine in cigarettes to just 20 percent of current levels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The House GOP’s plan to change the federal-aid repayment system may cost community colleges when students drop out.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Ariana Kukors’s poignant letter helps bring to attention the years of sexual abuse in USA Swimming.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several companies have posted about cutting ties with the NRA after the Marjory Stoneman Douglass shooting, and Amazon and Apple haven’t said anything.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

She may be one of the world’s most famous women, but was this too far?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Doug Ford’s strong managerial qualities as a former business leader and commitment to his brother’s politics make him a good choice for the role.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Threats to your favorite teams, upcoming free-agents and more to look out for this season.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Wing and spaces across the country and the globe have emerged to provide a modern-day women’s club for working ladies.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On top of being perhaps the most celebrated mind of his generation, Hawking was also an acclaimed author and wit.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The crash, which has several confirmed casualties, will also affect the FIU community, many of whom are on spring break.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Serena Williams’s traumatic postnatal experience sheds light on an issue that has long plagued black women in America: maternal death.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The classic recipe has been a big hit for years, but maybe it’s time for the company to step foot in a new market.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With the pervasive reality of gun violence in the United States, students need to have their voices heard on an issue that directly affects them

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

You might not be able to make it on March 24, but don’t worry; you can still promote the movement from your dorm room.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The 21-year-old, who is on the autism spectrum, was sent to jail based on suspicion that he carved a swastika and a racial slur into two Orange Coast College security vehicles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In response to the gun control protests at Washington, D.C., President Donald Trump proposed arming teachers. But would arming teachers change anything?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Many of the 35 people who have left the White House previously held positions involving communications or worked closely with President Trump.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Each pair of shoes represents the life of a child taken by gun violence since the 2012 Newton shooting.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The bombings have killed two African-American males, aged 39 and 17, and have critically injured a 75-year-old Hispanic woman.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reports indicate that Tillerson was unaware of his impending firing, which was announced as he was midway through a diplomatic trip through Africa.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

On its Instagram page, Hasta Muerte Coffee explained, ‘ … we are not alone saying police presence compromises our feelings of physical & emotional safety.’

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The programs pride themselves on offering a distinct kind of experience, one unavailable at any other school and often predicated on personal attention.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The laws grant both sides some of their requests, but leave no party completely happy.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The school’s Title IX coordinator is the daughter of the university president and has reportedly mishandled sexual assault on campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate between gun control proponents and gun owners wages on, but there are some valid points that debunk the arguments to continue current gun policy.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Saudi Arabian women have long been denied the same rights as men, but things will start to change in 2018.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Marist College revoked its most famous alum’s honorary degree, and others should follow suit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The West Virginia teachers strike is over. The questions it raised are far from settled.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Boycotting Florida for spring break might succeed in bringing the nation’s attention to the issue of gun violence, but not without dire consequences.

By

Culture /// News & Politics x

Responsive image
Culture x

No matter how much you may love your friends, sometimes they fall for the most annoying people.

Responsive image
College /// Culture x

Just don’t smoke so much that you forget about these great options.

Responsive image
Responsive image

These big names in fashion are contributing to expanding the representation of the African American community in the industry.

Responsive image

The word addiction is most commonly linked to drugs or alcohol, but there’s another dangerous addiction that is less treated and less known: porn addiction.

Responsive image

Phantom vibrations and mysterious phone rings haunt a generation of technology consumers.

Responsive Image

Cardi B’s newest album, ‘Invasion of Privacy,’ was well worth the anticipation, hype and wait — all put together. She’s killing the game.

Responsive Image

It’s time to throw this word out with the trash.

Responsive Image

Please love yourself and stop eating the same leftover meal every day in the name of ‘meal prep.’

Responsive Image

Ohtani is already making waves in his first month of MLB action, but what is his true potential?

Responsive Image

Will the old Iggy Azalea please come back to the stage?

Responsive Image

The Ottawa-born star and his ‘Kidney Beans’ address thorny, important issues like love, gender roles, depression, anxiety attacks and mental health.

Responsive Image

Expect your ears to be blown away.

Responsive Image

Philadelphia isn’t just philly cheesesteaks and soft pretzels.

Responsive Image

You’re addicted, and you need help.

Responsive Image

White, who espouses a seemingly contradictory mix of conservative and liberal ideology, is opening up important dialogues in today’s fractured political environment.

Responsive Image

How an industry selling addictive cookies is booming while relying on the salesmanship of young girls across the country.

Responsive Image

The promotion of pseudoscience in the vlogosphere is contributing to a culture of hate on YouTube.

Responsive Image

Against the lucrative offer of special prices for students, the question remains whether the new iPad will make a technological difference.

Responsive Image

Your 20s, especially your time at college, are for jumping out of your comfort zone, trying new things and exploring new cities.

Responsive Image

Successful entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk takes to social media to empower college students and young adults.  

Responsive Image

The new Google Play app update is making the search for shows on streaming sites easier than ever before.

Responsive Image

Despite increasingly proving their worth, women still face many obstacles on their path toward equal recognition and treatment in the workforce.

Responsive Image

After years of financial struggles, Kali Uchis has finally found success in the music industry.

Responsive Image

Despite what you’ve seen in the movies, New York is a terrible place to find love.

Responsive Image

Some albums just have to be listened to from start to finish.

Responsive Image

You probably read these classic literature novels in high school, but your adult experiences will give them a whole new meaning.

Responsive Image

Recent school shootings have rekindled the conversation about gun control, but supporters seem to forget their propositions’ impacts on mentally ill people.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The eCommerce platform is built to work smoothly with WordPress, making it a go-to option for many burgeoning entrepreneurs.

Responsive Image

These videos will make any frown turn upside down.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Looking to hunker down and focus on studying for finals? These five soundtracks will get you through the grind.

Responsive Image

‘Harry Potter’ fans are learning that J.K. Rowling isn’t as progressive as she would like them to think.

Responsive Image

Not all depression includes curling up in a blanket burrito.

Responsive Image

Thanks to LGBTQ+ musicians like Hayley Kiyoko, is the world moving towards a Golden Age of queer women in mainstream pop music?

Responsive Image

While trying to navigate through the ups and downs of life, it’s always nice to have some words of wisdom in your back pocket.

Responsive Image

Puth’s promotional singles hint at a more mature, yet promising sophomore debut.

Responsive Image

Almost unrecognizable, Aguilera goes makeup-free on the cover of Paper Magazine to talk about female empowerment and self-love.

Responsive Image

Generally considered one of the most talented artists of all time, Judy Garland led a life filled with both successes and tragedies.

Responsive Image

Dogsledding isn’t quite as romantic as ‘Balto’ would lead you to believe.

Responsive Image

On ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ day, April 30, the former band will reunite for this tremendous honor.

Responsive Image

The recent shutdown of 123Movies has dealt a major loss to pirate sites, but it is no guarantee that copyrighted contents will be protected from now on.

Responsive Image

These rules are not meant to be broken, so don’t be the person that everyone is secretly annoyed by.

Responsive Image

Native Americans are trying to prove that their languages are alive and thriving.

Responsive Image

Data violation reacts only.

Responsive Image

No panties, no problem.

Responsive Image

Turns out they’re not same thing.

Responsive Image

Who says video games can’t save the world?

Responsive Image

In honor of National Poetry Month, here are five poets who deserve your recognition whether you usually read poetry or not.

Responsive Image

‘Burn the Stage’ shows the good, the bad and the ugly of the K-pop industry.

Responsive Image

Knowing their backstory makes these iconic images a million times more funny.

Responsive Image

The app/game that’s pushing players to tears with its beautiful visuals, music and story.

Responsive Image

Social media culture blurs ethical lines between what is self-sacrificing and what is self-serving.

Responsive Image

With its innovative payout system and top-of-the-line game offerings, Cleopatra casino stands head and shoulders above its competitors.

Responsive Image

In hopes to revitalize the series, ‘God of War’ creators are taking risks that have never been taken.

Responsive Image

On the heels of his first album release, Ng speculates what the future holds for his haunting, atmospheric sound.

Responsive Image

They’re ugly on the outside and the inside.

Responsive Image

The 2018 MLB season is about to begin. Here are this year’s most promising teams and also those who seem doomed to fail this year.

Responsive Image

What is it, who is it and what does it mean for college students?

Responsive Image

Unfortunately, most products you saw on Twitter on April Fools Day probably aren’t real.

Responsive Image

You: it’s a match made in heaven. Me, an intellectual: actually, it’s a match made in ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.’

Responsive Image

Let’s map out how exactly the genre of emo rap came to be.

Responsive Image

Celebrating the groundbreaking work of the poet and musician Gil Scott-Heron, whose writing changed the world forever.  

Responsive Image

With red quinoa, cilantro and red onion in the mix, you’ll never guess you’re eating healthy when you dive into this veggie collaboration.  

Responsive Image

One year after the release of ‘American Dream,’ Khalid’s influence has changed his adopted hometown. 

Responsive Image

As a gay man, passing as straight can be a humbling, invalidating and maddening reality check that can sometimes feel like a relief. 

Responsive Image

With their interactive opportunities and pictureperfect moments, pop-up museums have become more than a trend for millennials 

Responsive Image

Words by Elise Bortz, New York University.

Responsive Image

The Parkland shooting survivors’ activism is just the latest in a long, proud tradition of student protest in the U.S. 

Responsive Image

It doesn’t what size you are, as long as you are confident AF. Arcadio Del Valle is a plus-sized model making his way through fashion with this philosophy.

Responsive Image

Here are some worth-while reads if ‘Love, Simon’ has left you craving more LGBTQ representation.

Responsive Image

Despite the harassment from administration personnel, transgender teachers make their classrooms a safe place for students.

Responsive Image

The former LSUS student’s strange story is a saddening look into the dark side of Internet fame.

Responsive Image

The Good Vibrations Music & Arts festival is an all day event that will bring together hearing and non-hearing festival goers in an unprecedented event.

Responsive Image

As the madness reaches an astounding conclusion, here are some predictions on who will come out on top.

Responsive Image

From 2006 to today, Taylor Swift had a huge music evolution changing her style with every album.

Responsive Image

Pop star Taylor Swift’s music video for her new song has received criticism amid accusations that she stole video concepts from a Kenzo perfume ad.

Responsive Image

The new YouTube Red series allows Asian representation to extend into mainstream media.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Music festivals are all fun and games until you realize you forgot your sunscreen.

Responsive Image

Social media has taken one of the least productive components of human interaction — being petty — and elevated it into an art form.

Responsive Image

Many brackets are busted due to the many surprising upsets this year.

Responsive Image

Vogue’s recent interview with Kendall Jenner has shone a light on how forcefully confronting or assuming someone’s sexuality isn’t Gucci. Ever.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

What is ‘Fortnite,’ where did it come from, and how is it so popular?

Responsive Image

In a whirlwind of upsets and buzzer-beaters, March Madness kicked off in full swing in its first weekend.

Responsive Image

The line-up of shows this Broadway season is better than ever, for one particular reason.

Responsive Image

Travel and daily interactions with people inspire this Boston University student’s music.

Responsive Image

Piercing your love right into your finger may look cool, but it comes with some serious risks.

Responsive Image

You might just be starting out, but you still deserve professionalism when it comes to the workplace.

Responsive Image

Before proposing to your special someone using an avo box, you should think about the good, the bad and the ugly of the avocado proposal.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Fans of Harry Styles have suspected his bisexuality for years, and ‘Medicine’ might be his coming out song.

Responsive Image

Rihanna-1, Snapchat-0.

Responsive Image

Partying with friends sounds ideal, but you might want to spend time with your family before your adult life begins.

Responsive Image

These documentaries will satisfy hard-core fans of the fashion industry with insights into the life and the creative process of the most iconic designers.

Responsive Image

The internet sensation has been making waves since her bizarre debut, but there’s more to her story than meets the eye.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

A finsta probably isn’t what you think it is, but once you learn the truth you’ll realize it’s essential for any social media lover.

Responsive Image

While watching a Shane Dawson conspiracy theory video might be fun, the truth is stranger than fiction.

Responsive Image

March Madness is finally here and the stakes are high, as always, thanks to many talented new players.

Responsive Image

These soul sisters are giving classic rock and blues a modern appeal.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

‘Bobby Tarantino II’ is the sixth mixtape by Logic and it currently has his fans reeling as ‘mixtape Logic’ makes a much-welcomed comeback.

Responsive Image

Attention, nerd boys: liking anime does not make you oppressed.

Responsive Image

Mirror mirror on the world, where do people go and what do they drink for spring break?

Responsive Image