News & Politics

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In health care, despite decades of scientific advancement, systematic sexism is still alive and well — unlike the women it’s killing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Are clickbait and biases the future of mainstream news outlets?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Gun control has become a hot-button issue for primaries across the country.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Including the Sutherland Springs shooting and Austin bombings, nearly 40 Texans have died from domestic terrorism since November.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The university will reportedly have to use student tuition to finance the agreement.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Incels are making headlines with shocking acts of terror, but where does the incel philosophy stem from?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

By creating The American Agora within the university, students of American University are promoting ideological diversity throughout their campus.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Although the water is technically considered safe, Flint residents do not trust the water until all the pipes are replaced.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The controversial decision marks a break with decades of diplomatic precedence.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The popular ridesharing company says it will finally allow accusers to take their cases to court.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Kilauea is happening now, but here are other volcanoes that people should have their eye on.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

Has the rapper’s recent behavior robbed him of his artistic achievements?

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Across the country, majors and standardized curricula are becoming a relic of the past.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After the death of a bulldog on a United flight in March, PETA and other animal rights activists have rallied against the airline.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

While Trump criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran, critics fear the retreat will antagonize diplomacy efforts.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

New theories have emerged in favor of the flat Earth, or so Flat-Earthers say.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

America is witnessing a disaster unfold in real-time at the hands of Rudy Giuliani.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

A student-started petition has suggested ‘hippos’ or ‘riverhorses’ in places of the Colonials, a term they claim is too deeply tied to systemic oppression.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With a population of about 30,000 transgender individuals, Lahore becomes the home of Pakistan’s first ever school for transgender students.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite being known for its quick and viral content, these investigations may support the case to consider BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Last year, the president broke a 16-year-old tradition by refusing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as anti-immigrant policies have continued to define his presidency.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The organization allowed girls into its ranks, but with plenty of planned segregation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With billions of users and terabytes of collected information on them, Facebook stands poised to turn the world of dating apps upside down.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

According to William H. McRaven, UT’s departing chancellor and the man responsible for the assassination of Bin Laden, there’s no harder gig.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Trump may withdraw the U.S. from the landmark Iran deal. What does this mean for America and what will come next?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Facebook and other such social media have been hailed as powerful tools for community building, but what are their limitations?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Outside of existing on Amazon, the show has finally been removed by even the most ardent holdout networks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

According to his lawyer, Cosby received too harsh of a sentence, which they claim is partly a result of the court allowing so many women to testify against him.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

The star, and many others, have pointed to a troubling undercurrent of sexual harassment in the iconic ’80s films.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

For an event that claims to celebrate free speech, Wolf has come under fire for speaking too freely.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The father of Meadow Pollack says he doesn’t want money or restitution, he simply wants to expose Scot Peterson as a coward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Hannity was just recently discovered to be the third mysterious client of Michael Cohen and he won’t stop denying it.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

T-Mobile and Sprint have announced plans to combine companies, despite uncertainty as to whether the Justice Department will allow the merger.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In an era of free nipples and female empowerment, dress codes feel more regressive each day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Fascists try to hide in plain sight on social media by using dog whistles.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

Imagine: Instead of just making jokes about problems, someone made a show about actually trying to fix them?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Support for Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen is taking a severe toll on the civilian population and the U.S.’s foreign policy is a contributing factor.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Breaking down the recent events surrounding Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and how they could impact democracy going forward.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Palestinians have taken a stand in Gaza, and they are demanding that they be heard and given the basic human rights that they deserve.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Without any actions of her own, the Princess has landed a milestone in the modernization of the royal family.

By

Responsive image
Music /// News & Politics x

And to think we were excited about his return to Twitter.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Christina Garcia, a key member of TIME Magazine’s #MeToo cover, has been accused of a slew of sexually inappropriate advances by male staff members.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Though one of the most affluent cities in the country, San Francisco has struggled to deal with its rampant homelessness.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s as clear as their new backpacks that many students don’t approve of the privacy-invading bags.

By

Responsive image
College /// Culture /// News & Politics x

Vaping has risen from a trend to a social phenomenon, and few demographics are taking to the tech more quickly than undergraduates.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// TV & Film x

Let’s elevate South Asian creators who are addressing the lack of brown representation in TV and film, unlike ‘The Simpsons’ creators who refuse to.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Parkland survivor David Hogg said, we can have all the walkouts we want, but if we don’t walk into the voting stations, none of this matters.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Cheerleaders, staples of NFL culture, are calling time out on unfair treatment and workplace harassment.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

While the pink-collar economy is growing, the wages aren’t.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several college-oriented Instagram accounts are objectifying women while their followers remain oblivious.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Despite what major news outlets claim, condom snorting isn’t popular amongst teens.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Connor Clegg, the student body president of Texas State in San Marcos, was found guilty of all six articles of impeachment.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

How a group of Feminist artists are fighting the Trump administration with phone booth graffiti.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

If DACA students’ citizenship changes, they could be considered international or undocumented students, a change in nomenclature with significant ramifications.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Financial expert Patrick Harker thinks the ways college is financed could hurt low- and middle-income students from succeeding.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Canadians mourn the loss of 16 people who died in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash, with the Saskatchewanian families affected receiving overwhelming support.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Nothing reflects a bright future quite like 947 solar panels.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The non-lethal shooting has raised questions about what campus police should and should not be able to do.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Call them what you want to, but the vape gods are here to stay.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After decades of silently dealing with low wage and under-equipped working environment, teachers in Kentucky and Oklahoma have decided to raise their voice.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Opponents are using ignorance to justify killing black women. Luckily there are ways to stop these attacks from happening.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The alleged incident, in conjunction with Larry Nassar’s felonies, paint the picture of a university intent on covering up the crimes of its athletics community.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The man accused of murdering college student Jacqueline Vandagriff says her dying caused him to ‘panic,’ dismember her body and light it on fire.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

Room-scale VR allows participants to have an open-minded experience of journalism.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In a controversial op-ed, columnist James Bovard refuted reports about food insecurity on college campuses, instead calling students ‘overweight and lazy.’

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Millions of people who downloaded the app ‘This is your Digital Life,’ as well as friends of those users, are set to receive messages in the coming days.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The Facebook CEO used the response ‘I’ll have someone on my team get back to you’ so many times that Twitter users created a drinking game out of it.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Being stopped by a police officer is definitely not a great way to end the day, especially if it’s just for broken taillights.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The party is grappling over whether to encourage calls for impeachment or ignore them, as both devalue the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Educators across the country are calling for an end to the ‘war on public education,’ claiming their pay and funding have shrunk to impossibly low levels.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After years of dodging requests to appear before Congress, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will finally answer their questions this week.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Andrew Dorogi, an economics major and senior at Amherst College in Massachusetts, died after falling onto train tracks in Mexico City.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Several uncommon elements of the April 3 shooting at YouTube headquarters have thrown analysts for a loop.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Stormy Daniels, the adult film star embroiled in a sex scandal with President Trump, should not be dismissed due to her profession.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After Snapchat’s horrible update, Instagram’s new algorithm and Facebook’s privacy scandals, should you start using Vero instead?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

According to the suit, a ‘diversity quota’ at Harvard forces Asian-American students to score higher on the SAT just to be competitive with their white counterparts.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

At Pasadena City College, for instance, the number of students whose parents make more than $100,000 has increased from 197 in 2007 to 828 in 2017.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Trump is notoriously known for using gun violence to draw attention away from the lack of gun control in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Deadline broke a heated story accusing Nickelodeon money-maker Dan Schneider of abusing young stars in his own shows after a sudden exit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Kenya’s ban of forced anal exams on suspected gay men can influence LGBT change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative media outlet, somewhat hypocritically, forced anchors nationwide to read a script designed to stoke fears of media bias.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon has proposed legislation for the Debt-Free College Act, which aims to combat mounting student debt.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The conservative vice president has been vocal about his opposition to the ‘gay agenda’ from the start of his political reign.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

After losing a handful of national advertisers, Ingraham was suddenly feeling very apologetic.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The 22-year-old is the latest black man to be unjustly killed for a crime he had nothing to do with.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

In a statement, the president, whom 15 women have accused of sexual misconduct, implored audiences to heed the claims of sexual-abuse victims.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Given that the standard procedure is to shy away from such definitive language, Austin police chief Brian Manley’s statement took many by surprise.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The controversy is the latest in a series of blows to the reputation of the historic HBCU, whose president students are now demanding resign.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Middle Tennessee State University is the latest recipient of a grant from the foundation, which has a history of using such agreements to advance their political agenda.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The social media platform you loved in middle school isn’t what it used to be.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

These careers are the most likely, statistically speaking, to help you become a billionaire.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

Out of the wide variety of photo editing apps out there, here are some of the best ones to use.

Culture x

Free-to-play video games are making more money than video games you have to purchase at the store.

Responsive image
Culture /// Wellness x

Dr. Izzy Lowell’s telemedicine opens virtual doors for transgender patients in southeastern United States.

Responsive image
Culture x

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month?

Responsive image
Responsive image

Summer break has arrived and you need to fill up your free time with a museum or two.

Responsive image

If you can get your hands on any of these summer sneakers, you’re going to be the best dressed all season long.

Responsive image

Responsive image

After a mediocre debut album, Puth’s ‘Voicenotes’ offers a great comeback for the artist.

Responsive Image

Racism is still thriving in American society, and these promposal signs are proof that younger generations are still not willing to let it go.

Responsive Image

It wouldn’t hurt you to read at least one book this summer.

Responsive Image

Before the digital age, the experience of being a fan vastly differed from how it is today. Then came along stan Twitter.

Responsive Image

Fans point to the song’s parallels to the Greek myth of Narcissus, in which a self-obsessed protagonist commits suicide.

Responsive Image

Everyone is excited about their coming baby, but it is not an excuse to involve absolutely everyone you know in a gender reveal party.

Responsive Image

Like any art form, impressive cosplay requires insider knowledge.

Responsive Image

‘Secret Hitler,’ the Kickstarter Cinderella-story, combines social deduction and harrowing political innuendo.

Responsive Image

Shawn Mendes already has fans dancing around the room and connecting emotionally with his self-titled album.

Responsive Image

A new ‘Harry Potter’ themed game is meeting the same popularity that other ‘Potter’ spin offs have met.

Responsive Image

Despite being surrounded by controversy, Myrkur continues to surprise audiences with her undeniably beautiful sound.

Responsive Image

Bad at love? More like bad at picking up on social cues.

Responsive Image

Businesses actively work to make the most money out of you, so it is time you know what exactly you are buying.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re new or have extensive writing experience, there are plenty of sites that can help you become a freelance writer.

Responsive Image

Don’t let the unexpected prevent you from having a blast this summer.

Responsive Image

No one does the battle royale genre better than Epic Games, the developers of the massively popular game.

Responsive Image

A look into the scandal that has postponed one of the most elite awards in the world.

Responsive Image

If you’re unsure which potato chip flavor matches your personality, look no further!

Responsive Image

I thought by the time I got to college you’d play a smaller role in my life. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Responsive Image

BTS’s unique use of social media has fostered the growth of a multi-language fan base like nothing that has been seen before.

Responsive Image

For better or for worse, you being broke is no longer an excuse.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

In her new album ‘Dirty Computer,’ Janelle Monáe reminds us once again why she’s one of the best political artists out there.

Responsive Image

Singing songs from all 6 albums and multiple costumes changes, Swift delivers a performance you are not bound to forget.

Responsive Image

That time of the year everyone counts down for and dread at the same time is finally upon college students: finals week.

Responsive Image

The animosity and beef fabricated by society and placed on female rappers in contrast to males is a sign that misogyny still exits in the arts world.

Responsive Image

Known as PCOS, the syndrome prevents between 8 – 20 percent of women from having their periods and often goes undiagnosed until your twenties.

Responsive Image

It’s always 4/20 in this yoga class.

Responsive Image

If you don’t have an Instagram account, no worries — everyone hates it (but will still use it despite your absence).

Responsive Image

Sorry to break it to you, but you probably won’t get an A if you rely solely on SparkNotes.

Responsive Image

This might be the year we finally retire Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out.”

Responsive Image

Police brutality, gun violence, media complicity and institutionalized racism all receive damning portrayals in Donald Glover’s new video.

Responsive Image

Yes, I did judge all these outfits with $2 in my bank account.

Responsive Image

Breaking news: Challenge culture is stepping up its game with the condom-snorting and Tide Pod challenges.

Responsive Image

Detractors try to discredit feminism by perpetuating myths about the activists involved, but that shouldn’t stop people from fighting for their rights.

Responsive Image

The new product may (or may not) teach kids new creative skills.

Responsive Image

Winter is coming, but no one knows when.

Responsive Image

The Swedish retailer hopes to attract a wider global audience with the announcement of their new, conservative clothing line.

Responsive Image

For busy-bodies on the go, the growing popularity of short story dispensers points to a new era of literature.

Responsive Image

Because people cannot live without memes.

Responsive Image

Look to the stars for your next (non-basic) tattoo inspiration.

Responsive Image

Similar to Lady Gaga, Freddy Mercury and David Bowie, Styles uses his platform to support the LGBTQ+ community.

Responsive Image

With the world at their fingertips unlike ever before, these students are redefining journalism and pushing the limits of digital storytelling forward.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Sitting in and eating is so last year.

Responsive Image

Ryan McCartan has successfully transitioned from acting to singing with the pending release of his debut EP.

Responsive Image

If you’re a fan of ‘Gone Girl,’ you won’t want to miss HBO’s ‘Sharp Objects’ this summer.

Responsive Image

Miss A is here to help you bring your A-game.

Responsive Image

The 2018 NBA draft is stacked with talent, but the jerseys some potential stars will wear are still in question.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

The bromance nobody asked for.

Responsive Image

Odds are, you’re missing out on Nepalese food — and it’s time to fix that.

Responsive Image

Once deemed as the future of the Spurs, Leonard’s possible departure leaves the franchise future in jeopardy.

Responsive Image

One simple act, like participating in Yards for Yeardley, is just one small step toward ending relationship violence.

Responsive Image

Let’s discuss the realities of competitive gaming.

Responsive Image

Cinco de Mayo is the perfect excuse to celebrate in college, but it needs to be done right.

Responsive Image

Who is the 9-year-old rapper who moves bricks, lives in the Hills and has your mama’s rent money?

Responsive Image

Sound ridiculous? It is. Don’t think I can convince you to watch it? Read this.

Responsive Image

By treating gender as a variable, cosplayers get to think about what really, actually makes their characters tick.

Responsive Image

Harding was involved in one of the biggest scandals in sports history, so why is America making her the hero?

Responsive Image

The Browns might as well just start using a Magic 8 Ball.

Responsive Image

The pros and cons of having a go-to booty call.

Responsive Image

The latest novel from Becky Albertalli is another masterpiece of representation, though with some important twists.

Responsive Image

Inspired by the body-positivity movement, photographer Peter DeVito created a powerful photo series of unretouched images to normalize acne.

Responsive Image

Within the studyblr community, tidy calligagraphy and meticulous scheduling can mask darker truths about strain and mental health.

Responsive Image

The famed Canadian psychologist is a veritable academic rock star, but does he really have any idea what he’s talking about?

Responsive Image

Words by Aliyah Thomas, Howard University.

Responsive Image

Social media has dramatically changed advertising, causing marketing agencies to move from promos to memes, but how relatable do consumers want their brands to be?

Responsive Image

Improving how we, as a society, deal with depression, means more open discussions and a frank dialogue about coping strategies.

Responsive Image

When it comes to getting roasted, these characteristics make you much likelier to get read for filth.

Responsive Image

Chances are you’re either currently backburning someone, have backburned someone before or are simmering on someone else’s backburner.

Responsive Image

After taking a hiatus to explore other creative pursuits, Melinoe is back with a new single, ‘Cyclones,’ and fresh new sound.

Responsive Image

Sharpe Suiting provides the formal clothing you want, not the formal clothing society expects you to wear.

Responsive Image

Esports, short for electronic sports, are overtaking the competitive world while traditional sports are becoming increasingly outdated.

Responsive Image

In the age of streaming, it isn’t unusual for projects from your favorite artists to disappear. Here’s why.

Responsive Image

If you don’t want to read back decades of origin story, these comic series might be a good substitute.

Responsive Image

The YouTuber is supporting Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore’s organization Thorn, which helps prevent the sexual abuse of kids.

Responsive Image

Longer isn’t always better.

Responsive Image

Use these to drown out the STEM students who’re saying you’ll never get a job.

Responsive Image

Bright colors, rainbows and gems galore!

Responsive Image

The Internet is your free space, but beware of voicing certain opinions if you’re not looking to pick a fight.

Responsive Image

In the stunning video for ‘All We Do,’ Oh Wonder asked filmmakers across the country, ‘What does it mean to be human?’

Responsive Image

Turns out YouTube is more than crazy cat videos and weird challenges.

Responsive Image

Wouldn’t it be nice to not be broke, at least for a little while?

Responsive Image

Looking to channel your inner Pam Beasley? Follow these tips and you’ll have an administrative assistant position in no time.

Responsive Image

Yes, this means you shouldn’t wear a sombrero or a stick-on mustache.

Responsive Image

‘Despacito,’ aka the prime of 2017 pop culture, has inspired a revolution of bilingual collaborations.

Responsive Image

According to J. Cole, the fans are all to blame. And the rappers.

Responsive Image

Online dating can be scary, but following these simple steps should ease your nerves before you go on that first Tinder date.

Responsive Image

The Slumflower wants young women to love their breasts, no matter how small, big or saggy.

Responsive Image

Damn, Lamar.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

By fusing Lovecraftian horror with the story of one of the most notorious names in hip-hop, Joshua Chaplinsky took the genre in a refreshingly hilarious direction.

Responsive Image

The DIY legend may have truly done something with this one.

Responsive Image

After eight years on the site, Marbles has stayed relevant by maintaining a unique sense of authenticity.

Responsive Image

You’ve already seen a couple fights this MLB season, but do they land amongst the best brawls of all time?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

If you couldn’t attend the second weekend, here’s what you missed.

Responsive Image

Get more out of your reading by trying graphic memoirs.

Responsive Image

Vaping is becoming increasingly popular, but is it negatively impacting your health?

Responsive Image

Though everyone from John Cena to Channing Tatum seem to be splitting from their significant others, there are still many reasons to believe in classic Hollywood romances.

Responsive Image

An inside look and conversation with the filmmakers showcased at IMMF.