Culture

Responsive image
Pages x

This small publishing duo is making waves with their thoughtful reissues of out of print novels.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

She’s the definition of a bad–s woman born before her time who championed intersectionality and womanism in her poetry, essays and other writings.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the beginning of 2020, so now is the time to freshen up those playlists. Here are some ideas on how to organize them.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Although a lot of electronic music has a reputation for sonic dissonance, it’s still capable of evoking a wide range of deep emotions.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The announcement has many excited, but still courts some controversy.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Dark humor, messy gore and surreal turns characterize her impressive run in the early ‘90s.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

This folk trio has been releasing quality music for nearly two decades, but still sits just below the radar.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Moving away from lo-fi demos and unfussy EPs, the best punk and hardcore exhibited a tendency toward spirited ambition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Awê! We underestimate our neighbors to the east, who have created their own innovative spin on the genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Released just moments after her Sweetener World Tour ended, this recording perfectly captures the intensity and skill of the musician’s live performances.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This fresh adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s book exalts each March sister in her own right, exploring the girls’ unique struggles and experiences.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The young singer brought fans down a road toward the weird and wonderful world of the average teenage girl.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Get ready to dive into star-trotting space operas and meet super-powered web slingers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Dig in to this wide, diverse genre.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From the casual lyric drops to dragging misogynists, the musician took important stands and summed up an influential, storied career (so far).

By

Responsive image
Pages x

These creatives used their unique voices to capture the complexities and concerns of the past ten years.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The song caps off a passionate four-song EP that might be the musician’s best work yet.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

With 2020 right around the corner, it’s time to take chances. Finding a partner never comes easy, so forget everything you know.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A dull, misogynistic waste of time, ‘LP1’ proves the former One Direction singer belongs in the trash.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The hip-hop artist sadly joins the ranks of influential artists taken far too soon.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The multi-talented musician and ‘Hamilton’ cast member is one of the most innovative artists working today.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

‘Frozen the Musical,’ is holding nothing back on its Hollywood journey.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

A ‘Fine Line’ opinion that’s as unbiased as I can be.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Young, gifted and black, the 11-year-old dancer is already breaking down barriers.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You don’t have to go broke getting something for your favorite audio fanatic.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

The One Direction singer has a very interesting encounter with a fish that’s packed with personal meaning.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Richard Powers’ Pulitzer Prize-winning book captures the imagination with larger-than-life personification and gives a new take on contemporary issues.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Set 100 years ago, the novel portrays a 1919 full of political and social tension that should not be unfamiliar in the present day.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

If you’re still hankering for more British monarchy drama, check out these titles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The pop star’s presence was inescapable.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Exciting storytelling has been replaced with long-winding exposition in the young adult author’s latest novel.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The talented producer, rapper and writer is creating hilarious tunes for a new digital age.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The former One Directioner opened up, but is still facing some antipathy.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Nothings says ’tis the season like a go-to Christmas track.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Space city is much more than ‘Astroworld’; these rappers personify the city’s culture with their unique beats and styles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

They used to be reserved for dimming stars, but now it’s hosting the brightest and regaining its reputation.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This Shakespeare adaptation strays from the source material, but in doing so creates quite the cautionary tale about the price of war.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The singer changed the game for Latinx artists and now this upcoming biopic will give fans an even closer look at her infamous life.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Holly Black ties up the loose ends in her sweeping ‘Folk of the Air’ young adult fantasy series.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’re an OG fan of the melodramatic rapper, you probably hate him now.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The newest ‘Saturday Night Live’ cast member Bowen Yang has a podcast with his friend Matt Rogers, and it’s time to get listening.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

The pop star’s contribution to the ‘Cats’ soundtrack parallels her own life in a few ways.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

Taylor Swift is fighting for the rights of musicians to retain control over their own work.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds x

“I’d take a personal connection of 10,000 people over a commercial audience of a million.”

By

Responsive image
Pages x

They have a charm that can’t be matched by the large corporate chains.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

The electronic musician’s public statement proves that victims are still being ignored.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

Almost seven years after the beloved Nickelodeon show ended, it’s finally available on the popular streaming service. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice have come a long way.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Ibram X. Kendi’s newest book mixes personal narrative and political analysis to examine how structural racism manifests itself today — oftentimes unconsciously.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

Beachwear, crop tops and chokers. Oh my!

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Imagine listening to your favorite hip-hop songs in moody, angelic slow motion.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The concept album features a futuristic storyline as well as a blend of different genres that defy easy categorization. 

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sounds x

The success of the rapper’s second annual festival proves Astroworld 2020 will not be one to miss.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist speaks out on some controversies in this new release.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The album is full of legends, from Chaka Khan to Donna Summer.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The ‘Folk of the Air’ trilogy — a world of intrigue and fairies — will receive a fitting send-off by the acclaimed young adult author.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album might be his worst one yet.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Roll into some wacky adventures with these D&D podcasters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The trap musician mixes up his trademark pounding basslines with other styles on this distinct and complex production.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

You can always count on this New York radio show to keep it real — whether it’s the music or the commentary, these hosts are guaranteed to make mornings better.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Thoughts x

Fans deserve more credit for their art, especially as fan works move into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds x

‘Maniac’ shows that the singer is a force to be reckoned with, in dating and in the music industry.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

The demand for change in the performing arts is leading to a new kind of sex talk.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Culture x

From an extravagant card game, to an occult tool, to a mediation technique, tarot is far more interesting than a mere carnival exhibition.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Her new tracks ‘Lose You To Love Me’ and ‘Look At Her Now’ have skyrocketed up the charts, but they’ve also attracted some haters.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

While Gucci Mane has dropped some great hits, his newest album shows that he’s getting a little too comfortable with his patented formula.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The new album shows the 21-year-old indie artist expanding his sound, while still bringing catchy sad boy tunes.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Social media bullying and the grueling standards of the South Korean pop music industry could have played a part in the star’s untimely passing.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

This indie pop artist’s debut album ‘Immunity’ goes far beyond the expectations established by her viral singles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The popular singer is refreshingly honest about his own struggles with mental health.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The supergroup gives traditional outlaw country a powerful, all-female twist.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The artist addresses the HIV/AIDS crisis with his club nights, but not without some controversy from activist circles.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

And stirs up controversy as he typically does.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

From dub to off-kilter anarcho-punk, these recordings find freedom in the macabre.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

Jack rules as Pumpkin King, Marnie Piper lives in Halloweentown and the Sanderson witches haunt Salem. But none of these Halloween classics live up to the true history behind All Hallows’ Eve.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

If you find yourself stressed, running from one thing to the next, you might need a new strategy. This reading habit can help bring intentionality to chaotic routines.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

This young activist is working with a worldwide movement to help stave off the threat of climate change.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We’re not ready for the new trend that is Halloween music.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

We love her, but she needs to do better.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Wellness x

How to manage when the workday is long, but the commute feels longer.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Even amidst a future, supernatural dystopia, this manga still sees hope at the heart of humanity.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

Can HBO finally make an adaptation that will make Alan Moore proud?

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The brand new project from Labrinth has finally been released.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Stephen Chbosky is back at it with this classically structured horror novel, where a child once again convenes with the supernatural realm.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The catchy tunes and Latin influence of this music sensation have everyone listening, dancing and wondering about this genre’s burst into the mainstream.

By

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

If you’ve never heard of the yellow-haired, jumpsuit-wearing musician, get ready to have her music change your entire life.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Fans are shocked as the former One Direction singer strips his boy-band identity for a persona that suits his age.

By

Responsive image
Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

It’s finally become less weird to get caught listening to strangers whispering soothing noises in your ear.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// Thoughts x

These five young POC activists are fighting to end the worldwide climate change crisis.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

The Big Easy is known for jazz, but is it what everyone’s listening to? It’s time to explore the multifaceted music scene that includes rock, rap and funk.

By

Responsive image
Pages x

Whether she’s writing as V.E. Schwab or Victoria Schwab, her wide range of books are always worth the read.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

This show is both educational and entertaining, if you can believe it.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

It’s the end of an era, but the music of these Dutch electronic legends will always live on.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens /// Sounds /// Thoughts x

Just because you can consume it doesn’t mean it was made for you.

By

Responsive image
Pages /// Screens x

In sharing his HIV-positive status in his new memoir, the ‘Queer Eye’ star opens up an important dialogue.

By

Responsive image
Sounds x

Pages x

Responsive image
Sounds /// Thoughts x

Responsive image
Sounds x

Responsive image
Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Who knew she was such a softy?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Did your favorites make the cut?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We’ll see if it lives up to the hype.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Directioners, this is truly not the end.

Responsive Image

A look at how a once great network lost its way.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

We stan artists coming into their own.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Here’s a look at other sitcoms that could follow the lead of the ‘Office Ladies,’ which features Pam and Angela from ‘The Office.’ 

Responsive Image

I don’t know who hurt him, but they better watch their back.

Responsive Image

Rave culture is on the rise and providing new opportunities for aspiring artist. Here are some new artists to look out for in the next few years.

Responsive Image

It’s as easy as listening to music.

Responsive Image

Hailing from Minnesota, these three friends drink wine and put their own spin on the true crime podcast.

Responsive Image

A recent trend in popular culture may indicate a growing fear of those with too much power.

Responsive Image

Remember, studying isn’t a rave. Chill out with this playlist.

Responsive Image

This family band is writing beautiful harmonies that evoke their Oregon home.

Responsive Image

EarthGang is the Southern dynamic duo you have been waiting for.

Responsive Image

XXL posts an annual list of top new artists. Which year produced the ones with the most staying power?

Responsive Image

This collaboration between Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey and Ariana Grande is a heavenly pairing.

Responsive Image

Heartbroken? There’s a song for that.

Responsive Image

Charli XCX’s new album displays her trademark style, but is a bit derivative of her older work.

Responsive Image

The new Travis Scott documentary has some fun moments, but avoids deeper insights into the rapper’s life.

Responsive Image

The electropop duo revisits their past with their second full-length release of the year.

Responsive Image

For four years, she was referred to as ‘Emily Doe.’ It’s time to learn who she really is.

Responsive Image

Will Artemis be the next ‘Harry Potter’ or the next ‘Percy Jackson’?

Responsive Image

This album is the comeback of R&B no one knew we needed.