News & Politics

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The nuances of mental health can be hard to nail in fiction, but these novels do it perfectly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

As the first Korean drama to be remade for American television, the show proves that a series can be bigger than its entertainment value.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As you might imagine, the debate is about much more than language.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Sometimes, health has nothing to do with whether you should get help.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With tracking devices, helmet cams and improved camera mobility, bungled calls may soon be a thing of the past.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Preparation is the key to survival when a tragic moment occurs at a music event.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Creator of ‘Hamilton’ Lin-Manuel Miranda has put together a massive effort to rally Puerto Rican celebrities and send aid to the devastated island.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Identifying terrorism by its correct name is the first step in combatting the crime itself.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Puerto Rico is suffering from a severe hurricane that hit weeks ago, though President Trump’s delayed response suggests otherwise.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Seventeen older adults commit suicide every day for one hidden reason: The ignorance towards elders with mental illnesses.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

The revisions of Title IX by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos leave many campuses anxious about the future of sexual assault.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With insurance costs on the rise, it’s time to bring universal health coverage into the ongoing conversation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

President Donald Trump and the “Big Six” are already hitting some major tax reform roadblocks.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the industries that Amazon has eaten, grocery shopping may prove the toughest to swallow.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmys has deeper implications than its face value.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

What Zadie Smith’s ‘White Teeth’ can teach us about tolerance and terrorism.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Under the recently passed Forever GI Bill, combat veterans will receive expanded access to higher education, which benefits them and the country they served.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

After war erupted as Yemeni native Nada Al-Thawr was leaving her country, the Mount Holyoke student has begun an aggressive campaign to bring her country’s plight to the attention of anyone who will listen.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

Going forward, schools need to better execute sexual harassment investigations as well as investigate as independently and thoroughly as possible.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Of all the topics Trump could have discussed on social media, he chose to focus on athletes who refused to stand for the American flag.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

If it’s still hard for you to wrap your head around last year’s election, Clinton’s personal account may help you come to terms.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

You gotta understand, bro, that going commando will make you feel in command, yo!

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How to have faith in the democratic process.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The debate over which organizations are trustworthy and why we need to lend a helping hand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Racial issues can’t be solved if people don’t understand them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Hurricane situations can be scary, but also a bit odd.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Reversing DACA means exposing 800,000 young people to deportation, and the president himself may not fully understand the extent of his act

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In their decision to directly reflect reality, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have broached any entirely new level of terror.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The latest entry in Sega’s classic franchise handed development over to the fans, and the results are convincing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After a years-long sabbatical, battle-rap legend Aaron Solomon has returned to the scene to prove that he’s still one of the greatest to ever spit.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Seeing is believing for many red staters, and the massive storm(s) might have finally knocked some sense into head-burying climate deniers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As a student majoring in Journalism but brought up in the digital age, I’m in a unique position to assess the two mediums honestly.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Racial tensions in America are at their highest, but reading stories of marginalized people is one step toward education and rehabilitation of a nation.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

From 1D fan to CEO, Nishiki Maredia, alongside co-founder Angela Jin, created the 1950 Collective, which has already netted over $300,000 in revenue.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

With Donald Trump’s ultimatum to Congress, the program that was designed to protect the children of undocumented immigrants could be completely phased out by 2020.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Politically active athletes have a long line of history of not remaining silent, and Colin Kaepernick is no exception.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Lani Sarem’s YA fantasy novel ‘Handbook for Mortals’ enjoyed a short few hours as a NYT #1 Bestseller before accusations of foul play emerged.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The anarchist movement has been heavily criticized as their tactics are hypocritical and could be used to the advantage of Republicans.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

One side wants to murder everyone; the other wants to stop them.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

How Trump carefully crafted his public image from businessman to leader of the free world, and turned it into a nationally recognizable brand.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Understanding the history of Confederacy monuments as well as legal roadblocks in their removal is essential, no matter where you fall on the issue.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

As DeVos and the Trump administration reexamine the threshold of evidence needed to prove sexual assault, their critics point to the statistics surrounding false allegations.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As Senate Bill 4 comes into law, its similarities to another infamously racist piece of legislation are hard to ignore. Will it meet the same fate as the 1850 ‘Bloodhound Law’?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

After every other host city dropped out, the IOC just narrowly avoided having to cancel the Olympics.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Now that several media companies have plans to launch their own streaming services, cable is beginning to look a lot more attractive.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

These books won’t tell you how to be a reporter, but they’ll show you how good journalism can change, or expose, social and political cultures.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Sponsored x

Trump’s executive orders have covered policies in national security, infrastructure, healthcare, and trade, so it makes sense that up next on the chopping block is fiscal policy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

With the arrival of the web retailer’s on-campus locations, the company is taking another giant step in disrupting traditional commerce.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After five long years trapped by contract to an abusive music producer, Kesha returns with an album full of humility, love and integrity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Does the show live up to the hype of previous Marvel Netflix series?

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Two days after visiting Holocaust sites in Europe, I couldn’t help but worry as I followed the breaking news about the Charlottesville protests.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The internet isn’t trying to steal your boyfriend.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

By sending fifteen new songs to Adult Swim, legendary underground rapper MF DOOM has ended his three-year musical hiatus.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The indie production company made famous by ‘Moonlight’ has become a safe haven for cutting-edge flicks and new-age marketing.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Despite overwhelming statistical evidence to the contrary, society still treats rape allegations with skepticism. Why?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Physically following someone has become unnecessary.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

If you’re a young feminist and you want to have the literary knowledge to back it up, these are the books for you.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Based on the 1954 teleplay ‘Twelve Angry Men,’ the feminist reinterpretation asks critical questions about how much race and gender relations have really changed in the last half-century.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The influential, spiritual and ultimately suicidal founder of Pro Era will have an album of his unfinished work posthumously released on the five-year anniversary of his death, an event that remains shrouded in mystery to this day.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

It’s all fun and games until Trump goes too far.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The rift between comedians and their audiences is nothing new, but the internet is.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

As awareness of gender identity and its many forms becomes more mainstream, gender-neutral names are becoming more common, a trend that could potentially save millions of lives.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

Reyanne Mustafa and her parter, Kristian Krugman, turn unused food into protein bars, helping to alleviate hunger and change others’ perceptions of what food waste looks (and tastes) like.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

As an intern for the Blue Ridge Parkway, a national park that spans North Carolina and Virginia, the rising junior helps visitors appreciate the rich history of Appalachia.

By

Responsive image
College /// News & Politics x

In attacking their school’s exercise initiative, the editors of UCLA’s student newspaper unintentionally demonstrate the problems of oversensitivity.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Given how critical music is to media, the real question is what took so long?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Last month at Comic-Con, the cable channel revealed the first footage of the soon-to-be-revived ‘Hey Arnold’ and ‘Rocko’s Modern Life,’ and ’90s kids couldn’t be happier.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

A guide to this summer’s rare celestial event, including what it is, when it is, how to safely view it and where to go for the full eclipse experience.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The hot new health fad, which calls for abstaining from food for long periods and then gorging yourself briefly, is almost brutal in its simplicity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The MassArt student and founder of the Green Arts Network brings Boston-area artists together to spur conservation-oriented change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

When Peter Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who popularized the challenge, filmed himself being doused in ice water, he had no idea the impact the video would have.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The recent death of Kyara is just the latest reminder that though orcas die at an alarming rate in captivity, SeaWorld has refused to free its remaining twenty-two whales.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Though the competition is often maligned for promoting stereotypes, the organization has made positive changes in recent years and remains the largest provider of scholarships for women in the U.S.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

A recent NYU study of Donald’s Trump’s tweets has revealed the key trait in almost all viral content.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Go from being a couch potato to a couch professional, all while making money and enjoying a flexible schedule.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The movie adaptation of Jenny Han’s YA novel will bring substantial Asian-American representation to the big screen for the first time in two decades.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

No quick fix will ever replace a healthy lifestyle, and any diet that promises otherwise is a bad idea.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

While Christopher Nolan’s WWII production is getting rave reviews in the English-speaking world, some groups feel that the film glosses over their historical contributions.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The transgender community is fighting for gender neutral public bathrooms, but they aren’t the only ones inconvenienced by the lack of them.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Inspiration porn, which objectifies disabled individuals by pitying or praising them, remains one of society’s most cringe-worthy mainstays.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Like everything else, veganism exists on a spectrum. Where do you land?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Where other female rappers have broken into the male-dominated world of hip-hop by out-manning their competition, Noname flips the script, delivering soft, dense lines of poetry.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Spurred by suppressions of conservative thought on colleges across the country, state lawmakers nationwide are enacting legislation to protect a right that has found its traditional protector and prosecutor reversed.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The DuVernay test, named after the African-American director, assesses films’ racial representation in the same way the Bechdel test did for gender inclusivity.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The College of Holy Cross is just the latest institution to consider changing its mascot to reflect the times, but moves like these are rarely the social justice victory they hope to be.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Arena’s second stint as the USMNT coach matches an old wolf with a team of young pups. Will he be able to rescue the U.S. from obscurity?

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

After more than nine seasons, the series has become an institution in the LGBT+ community. If it’s ever going to be mainstream, though, a few things need to change.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

There are plenty of ways to celebrate antebellum society that don’t involve commemorating the Confederacy.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

Kamala Khan, a teenager growing up in Jersey City, uses the ordinariness of her life to subvert many of the stereotypes surrounding Islam in America.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Pop culture is full of problematic media, but finding pleasure in hip hop, ‘The Bachelor’ or ‘The Lord of the Rings’ doesn’t mean you can’t be critical.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

The entertainment expo offered trailers and teasers galore, but, as usual, the biggest news was what Disney barely mentioned.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The BU student, who split her childhood between Romania and France, is developing software to keep child refugees safe by allowing them to communicate with humanitarian workers.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics /// Students x

The UMass student, who has a last name built for politics, built himself a coalition of supporters through grassroots campaigns and encouraging students to vote.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

Russia, Trump and the moral vacuum of the modern GOP.

By

Responsive image
News & Politics x

The far right’s favorite insult is a reflection of what scares them most.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

In recent years, the network has produced numerous critically acclaimed, socially important dramas and comedies.

By

Responsive image
Responsive image
News & Politics x

The ‘New York Times’ copy editors’ walkout reveals the great paradox of modern journalism—there is more to cover but fewer resources.

By

Responsive image
Culture /// News & Politics x

For a generation infamous for breaking from tradition, they seem particularly interested in their genetic heritage.

By

Responsive image
Culture x

The idea of a women ejaculating is very real!

Culture x

It might seem like a fun game, but what does it really mean when we turn a real person into an exaggerated character?

Responsive image
Culture x

The world needs more poetry by unapologetically powerful women.

Responsive image
Culture x

Many millennials are on Tinder nowadays, whether to land a date or make a friend. Coming off as authentic is crucial and can be done easily.

Responsive image
Responsive image

With the current negative police climate in our country, America needs help forming stronger relationships between law enforcement and their communities, but how?

Responsive image

Netflix may have taken away ‘OTH’, but they will never take away how the show had captured the hearts of fans.

Responsive image

Responsive image

From the diverse cast to weekly moral lessons, it’s so much more than just a television show.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

You know, to prevent breaking your thumb scrolling through your library in search of a specific song and whatnot.

Responsive Image

Espresso yourself.

Responsive Image

Men seem to miss the benefits they stand to gain from gender equality.

Responsive Image

Spoiler alert: Everyone gets a happy ending.

Responsive Image

How the ever changing genre of true crime helps society.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

While navigating the complex world of online television, consider putting these shows on your map.

Responsive Image

The Dutchess has returned at last and, with some bumps in the road, has created work that’s worth a listen.

Responsive Image

The impact of seasonal affective disorder is real: What can be done about it?

Responsive Image

Don’t worry, your time will come.

Responsive Image

Eating is so much more than a required daily activity.

Responsive Image

Keep your cool and try not to break a sweat this fall with these simple wardrobe changes.

Responsive Image

Spoiler alert: Slut-shaming and white feminism are NOT on this list.

Responsive Image

The emergence of multicultural Greek life has proved to be a haven for students of color.

Responsive Image

Something that may help you overcome the horror of the movie “IT.”

Responsive Image

These are the four rappers who are commonly called out as corny and why people perceive them as so.

Responsive Image

The NBC show continues to emotionally connect with its large audience through expert, authentic storytelling in its second season.

Responsive Image

Could these cult classics grace the big screen once again?

Responsive Image

How can a band with such a spotty track record hold our attention for thirteen years?

Responsive Image

These it-girls have taken over the world of fashion so far in 2017.

Responsive Image

On October 17, the new NBA season kicks off. After all of the off-season drama and blockbuster moves, the question remains: Can anyone stop Golden State?

Responsive Image

The latest trend in viewing TV can have both positive and negative affects on you, your studies and your health.

Responsive Image

The pros and cons of purchasing your caffeine fix from various coffee shops.

Responsive Image

After the recent release of Destin Daniel Cretton’s film adaptation, viewers and Jeannette Walls fans are struggling to evaluate how the movie compares to the memoir.

Responsive Image

The show that used music as a dialogue.

Responsive Image

After a forty-year dormancy, vinyl has reemerged as an interest for many millennials, and it’s never too late to hop on the bandwagon yourself.

Responsive Image

Here are some big dogs that redefine what it means to be ‘man’s best friend’.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

2017 has been a great year for skateboarding, and it’s time to count down the top five videos from this year so far.

Responsive Image

Making friends can almost be as intimidating as dating, so why not take a chance on nonromantic relationships by swiping right?

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

If you have time between classes and are in the mood for something life-changing, give one of these videos a try.

Responsive Image

The new game’s set up knocks the old one down.

Responsive Image

A review of the book and why after eighteen years it’s still a relevant read.

Responsive Image

If you’re ever feeling super tired and can’t seem to find a cure, then give essential oils a chance.

Responsive Image

Everyone knows we’re all just waiting for the robots to rise up and kill us.

Responsive Image

With bullying in schools and online getting worse, America might want to turn their eyes to China and consider new methods.

Responsive Image

The politics and lessons of XXXTentacion’s abusive behavior—which is by no means exclusive to him—and rash of domestic abuse among young hip-hop artists.

Responsive Image

The dating mysteries have been explained.

Responsive Image

Venice, Telluride and Toronto have wrapped up their prestigious film festivals, and with that comes a new understanding about what the next Oscars might look like.

Responsive Image

Studying in Europe? Take some time off the books and check out some of the food, culture and nightlife that Europe has to offer.

Responsive Image

From fantasy lands to the racetrack, these anime features are worth exploring for experiencing a different form of storytelling

Responsive Image

Rihanna’s new makeup line has sparked a change in how brands should approach diversity.

Responsive Image

New or old, these shows are sure to catch your eye.

Responsive Image

If you’re pumpkin obsessed like me, here’s a list of flavored products you never knew you needed.

Responsive Image

Six years after the tragic death of his best friend Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera is getting sober and teaching himself how to skate again in the process.

Responsive Image

Four scientific myths that your teachers passed off as true.

Responsive Image

Here are the most anticipated Y.A. novel-to-movie adaptations.

Responsive Image

With Disney’s new streaming service being a part of the dozens of other platforms currently on the market, will people become tired of paying so much money for TV?

Responsive Image

Unlike most films, the latest work from Steven Soderbergh undersold and over-delivered.

Responsive Image

Making an effort to consume and support media about women of all ages benefits everyone.

Responsive Image

No more pressing the snooze button—the time to get up and be productive is now.

Responsive Image

On her fifth studio release, Zika Rosa Danilova tries to reach great heights, but ultimately cannot fulfill her ambitions.

Responsive Image

Just because you’re on the Itty Bitty Titty Committee doesn’t mean you ain’t pretty.

Responsive Image

If you’re looking for some new tunes to pair with your late-night study sessions this semester, then check out these twenty songs.

Responsive Image

The show is altering a notably gender-equal competition, and it’s not a good thing.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

Most people develop their spending habits while in college, so hopefully you’re establishing some good ones.

Responsive Image

After the death of frontman Ben Barlow’s dad derailed the British group’s tour, their newest work explores mortality from an intensely personal point of view.

Responsive Image

Because at some point in your life, you’re going to need to know this.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

From the incredibly popular to the extremely niche, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for on one of these apps.

Responsive Image

The flaws of ‘Bojack Horseman’ and how Season 4 avoids them.

Responsive Image

Discoveries like this are always music to the ears and to the soul.

Responsive Image

As prejudice continues to be on the rise, everyone should slow down and re-watch some of the amazing films that show audiences the way to come together.

Responsive Image

Disney’s recent history of introducing new, diverse characters has produced their first Latina princess.

Responsive Image

With all the stereotypes of painting teenage girls as phone-obsessed idiots, Dessen changes that image within her novels.

Responsive Image

This food delivery app is offering more options for hungry students in a college town near you.

Responsive Image

From “Danny Phantom” to “The Twilight Zone,” here are a few series that need to jump on the reboot/revival craze.

Responsive Image

Four historical myths that somehow became a universal truth.

Responsive Image

Sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because she’s taking over the music industry.

Responsive Image

These people make talking about their disabilities seriously entertaining!

Responsive Image

We’re not quite into the fall season yet, but here are some staple pieces to add to your collection.

Responsive Image

The music today cannot compare to the greatness of the songs from the early 2000s.

Responsive Image

Stephen King’s thirty-year-old story floats on.

Responsive Image

Are millennials spending too much time checking their social media accounts and not enough time interacting face-to-face?

Responsive Image

Motion picture movies produced today can’t compete with the quality of the DCOMs from the 2000s.

Responsive Image

From Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ to DC’s ‘Justice League,’ a guide to five of the most wildly anticipated superhero films coming out in late 2017 and 2018.

Responsive Image

We all know what ghosting is, but stashing is more subtle and may be even worse.

Responsive Image

Time Magazine has dubbed the devastating hurricane “the first social media storm.”

Responsive Image

The beloved Adult Swim cartoon has become noticeably less interesting.

Responsive Image

With NASA facing another round of cuts, the status of the American space program is in question.

Responsive Image

Despite what people say, it’s okay to start college not knowing what to do because you still have time.

Responsive Image

$10 a month for a movie a day? Sign me up.

Responsive Image

From rags to tags, the beginning of your graffiti career is just a can of spray paint away.

Responsive Image

Put down the pumpkin spice latte.

Responsive Image

Responsive Image

There’s a double standard here that most people seem to willfully overlook.

Responsive Image

Masked by the adorable faces of potential pets, puppy mills are essentially factories motivated by profit.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re a long-time fan or just getting into the show, these five episodes will get you riggity-riggity-wrecked, son!

Responsive Image

For a series that has been so rich and layered in its earlier seasons, ‘Game of Thrones’ has become hollow in its final stretches.

Responsive Image

When lists come out ranking the princesses, it can cause more harm than good.

Responsive Image

With the 2017 season underway, it’s time to spark some debate about who is the best player at each position.

Responsive Image

Netflix’s new film adaptation abandons the cat and mouse game that made the original characters so compelling.

Responsive Image

Don’t reply to that post-breakup text until asking yourself these questions.

Responsive Image

It’s time to broaden your movie horizons.

Responsive Image

These apps and programs are available for computers, tablets, phones and pods with Android, Microsoft Windows or Apple iOS operating systems.

Responsive Image

Whether you’re looking for a ‘Motorcycle Diaries’ vibe or ‘Hell’s Angels’ look, make sure you know what you need to be road-ready.

Responsive Image

Look, I’m not saying lying is the key to a successful relationship, but I’m not not saying it.