Join the Best Student Writers in the Country
Spring 2020 Staff Writer Internship
For 4 months during the summer, spring and fall semester, Study Breaks offers Writing Internships for college students nationwide.
During this time, the interns will work with the editorial department to pitch and submit one article a week, including a byline. These articles will be used on the website, and might be included in the print version of the magazine.
The program is designed to improve student writing. Interns receive feedback and coaching from the editing team allowing them to improve their creative abilities, as well as familiarize themselves with the working of the digital publishing industry.
This internship will give you the opportunity to network with other student writers, editors, and photographers across the country. Your name will be included in the masthead, and your profile will be featured on the website.
No experience is necessary, the only requirements are:
- Current college student with an .edu email address
- Passion for writing and creativity
- Punctual human being able to meet the weekly writing deadline
- Fill out the application form online and include two non-fiction writing samples of any length
- This in an unpaid internship. College credit is provided upon request.
- Each internship term lasts 4 months.
- Writers are required to write one article of 1,000 words per week.
- The internship is remote, so you can work from wherever you are.
Editing and Journalism internships available
How to Apply
Fill out the form below. Specify “Summer 2020 Writing Internship” in the subject line and provide a brief introduction of yourself in the Message. Attach two non-fiction writing samples of any length to your application. Please make sure to use your “.edu” email address.
Alternatively, you may email email@example.com with the same information above.
Submissions are reviewed as submitted, with an approval response of about a week.
Download the PDF: Study Breaks Internship Programs