Join the Best Student Writers in the Country

Fall 2017 Staff Writer Internship

Every summer, spring and fall semester, a team of student interns works with the editorial department to pitch and submit one piece of 1,000 words a week for the website, as well as compose the print magazine.

The program lasts four months and is designed to improve student writing and produce dozens of bylines. Interns receive feedback and coaching from the editing team in order to improve their technical and creative abilities, in addition to accruing dozens of bylines, networking with students across the country and having the opportunity to contribute to the print magazine.

The only requirements are that you are a current college student, a talented writer and a creative, punctual human being. There is no experience necessary.

The internship is unpaid and remote, which means you can write from wherever you are. The fall 2017 program runs from September 28 to January 28 and applications close September 14.

How to Apply

Fill out the box below, listing “Fall 2017 Internship” as the Subject and providing a brief introduction of yourself in the Message. Attach two non-fiction writing samples of any length to your application, and please make sure to use your “.edu” email address.

Alternatively, email editorial@studybreaks.com with “Fall 2017 Internship” in the Subject and a brief introduction of yourself in the body. Attach two non-fiction writing samples of any length, and please make sure to use your “.edu” email address.

Writing Internships