7 Must-See Releases Coming to Netflix This March

Whether you're in the mood for a romantic comedy or a thriller, Netflix has got you covered.

By now, this topic shouldn’t come as a surprise. Every month, audiences look forward to the new movies, original series and reality shows that Netflix will release for our binge-watching pleasures.

I don’t think this next part needs any introduction. Here are seven, brand new releases coming to Netflix in March 2019. I’m sure you’ll check these out long after you should’ve gone to bed.

1. “After Life”

Actor Ricky Gervais is no stranger to Netflix, as he’s previously starred in “Extras” and “Derek,” two of my favorite sitcoms. Right now, a comedy special called “Humanity” is also streaming on Netflix. If you watch it, I can guarantee you will laugh out loudly enough for your floor mates to hear you down the hall.

Once again, Gervais has dipped his toe into the sitcom arena. On March 8, Netflix will release “After Life,” which stars Gervais, who plays Tony, a grieving widower whose wife has recently passed away. Angry at the world, Tony insults and pushes away everyone he meets. Unfortunately for him, some kind characters are just unrelenting in their kindness. After “moving in with a loser relative” and reentering the dating pool, hopefully Tony will see that the world isn’t such a horrible place after all.

2. “Santa Clarita Diet”

Before I say anything further, I’ve watched the first two seasons of “Santa Clarita Diet” and I’m obsessed. I thought the zombie angle had been done to death (pun intended!) until I came across “Santa Clarita Diet.” Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant play a husband-and-wife duo who work in the realty business together. Relationship goals if I ever saw ‘em!

Shelia and Joel are your average couple, living a typical suburban life in Santa Clarita, California, with their teenage daughter, Abby. That is, until Shelia ingests some “devil-red clams” from Serbia. Let’s just say from that day forward, nothing is the same for the Hammond family. “Santa Clarita Diet” Season 3 will be released on March 29, when you can catch Shelia on her ongoing, bloodthirsty quest for human flesh.

3. “Arrested Development”

Jason Bateman stars in “Arrested Development,” which centers on a family that most audiences can relate to. Michael Bluth acts as the glue holding the dysfunctional Bluth clan together after his father’s fall from grace. After the patriarch of the Bluth family is arrested for shifty accounting practices, Michael is forced to take over.

Once a prominent player in the Orange Country, California, real estate game, the Bluths are left absolutely penniless after their assets are frozen. The only thing they have left is a model home from their latest housing endeavor, plus the stair car that used to accompany their private jet.

The madness will continue when the second half of “Arrested Development” Season 5 is released on March 15. So, if you’re caught up with Michael and the rest of the fam, it won’t be long till you are all reunited. If not, you can experience the insanity of the Bluth family for the first time.

4. “The Notebook”

I’ve heard about “The Notebook,” but I’ve never seen it. Some people may gasp, others perhaps may agree, asking, “What’s the big deal?” For those of you in the former category, fear not, as “The Notebook” will be coming to a Netflix near you on March 1.

Based on Nicholas Sparks’ iconic novel, the romantic comedy features Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. Set in 1940s South Carolina, Allie (McAdams) is a wealthy young woman, while Noah (Gosling) is anything but.

They fall in love, but Allie’s parents disapprove. When Noah goes off to fight in World War II, it seems as if their love affair is over. That is, until Noah returns to their small town years later right before Allie’s wedding. So, is it truly the end of their romantic connection?

5. “The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind”

This film is based on the incredible true story of William Kamkwamba, a man who read a science book about windmills called “Using Energy.”

Inspired by the science and technology, and driven to find a way to help his village overcome drought and hunger, Kamkwamba set out to build a windmill that could provide electricity and water for his community. Do you think Kamkwamaba is successful? Find out for yourself on March 1.

6. “Turn Up Charlie”

Idris Elba co-created “Turn Up Charlie” with Gary Reich. But Elba is not only the creative mastermind behind the Netflix original series, he’s also a lead actor in it as well.

“Turn Up Charlie” revolves around Charlie (Elba), a struggling actor and seemingly indefinite bachelor who is given one last shot at success when he unwillingly takes a job as a “manny” to his famous best friend’s problem-child daughter (Frankie Hervey).

“Turn Up Charlie” will start streaming on Netflix on March 15. It’s supposed to be a heartwarming, tickle-your-funny-bone kind of funny. Don’t miss it!

7. “Osmosis”

If you liked “Black Mirror,” “Osmosis” should be your next go-to sci-fi series. “Osmosis” is an eight-part drama series that takes place in Paris in the near future. Though, I should warn you now — If you don’t like subtitles, this show is not for you. Still, I would caution you to reconsider if you stopped reading 11 words prior.

“Osmosis” is a dating app that pairs users with their one true love by minding into their “brain data” to find them their perfect match with 100 percent accuracy. As everyone knows, true love isn’t easy to find, and it’s not without a price. Tune in on March 29 to learn if that price is worth it.

Whether you want to curl up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa and melt into “The Notebook” or pull the covers up to your nose testing the waters with “Osmosis,” I hope one of these fresh new releases sparks your interest.