smartphone with mobile apps on it

How Have Mobile Apps Changed Our Daily Routines?

Life looks a lot different than it did 15 years ago.

For years now, many of us have reaped the benefits of the App Store on our iPhones. Whether you are on iOS or Android, there have been many fun and useful mobile applications that have been released. In today’s society, both the young and older generations can use their mobile devices to socialize with others, send emails and even do weekly food shopping. There are apps available to help us complete work tasks, help us study for exams and there are even apps that will change your travel experience as well. With so many paid and free mobile apps available to download on our phones, how have these applications changed our daily routines over time?

We can stay connected with friends

With tons of social networking apps available, all you need to do is login and use them on your mobile device. Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Whatsapp and even Skype are just some widely used mobile apps that people use daily to stay in touch with their family and friends. Gone are the days when you had to rely on computers or home phones to stay in contact with everyone. Connecting with others online can help you stay social, especially when you are busy studying.

We can play games without buying games consoles

Way back when, we used to spend tons of money on purchasing the latest games and consoles. However, with the rise of mobile gaming, we no longer have to buy these items if we don’t need to. Instead, there are many mobile games that we can play for free or, at the very least, at a much smaller price tag. There are many advantages of mobile games: They are often cheaper to purchase and you can store many of them on your device. Some of the advantages of mobile casino games are that they are also easy to access and have much faster load times than other devices, such as game consoles.

We can do shopping without leaving the house

When you are busy studying for exams or stuck doing housework, it can be difficult to do some shopping. This is where mobile applications can come in handy. You can not only access apps such as Amazon for some shopping but you can also download apps to help you with your grocery needs too. Even using the simple Notes app on your phone can help you create a weekly grocery list for food items you need to buy.

We can get news updates without buying a newspaper

Many of us don’t have time anymore to read newspapers and magazines to keep up to date with the latest local news, global events and celebrity gossip. Instead, we can use apps such as Twitter for news and trending topics, all at our fingertips. If you don’t want to miss out on anything important, then you can always use mobile notifications to make sure that you’re not stuck out of the loop.

We can transfer money without going to the bank

Nowadays, you don’t even have to go to the bank to transfer money to someone else. While you still might have to go to the bank to transfer large sums of cash, smaller transfers can be easily done through an online banking app. With the use of Touch ID on iPhones, combined with timeout features, you are able to be safe and secure while doing your online banking. Instead of waiting for the bank to open and trekking outside, you can easily check your bank balance and transfer funds in the comfort of your own home, anytime of day.

We can stay active without joining the gym

If you are struggling to fit going to the gym in your study schedule, then why not see which health and fitness apps are available? There are many apps available on iOS and Android that can help you stay fit, practice mindfulness and improve your sleep pattern. Calm and Headspace are some of the best mindfulness apps out there that can help you meditate, improve your sleep and keep you calm. Even applications like YouTube are really useful to gain inspiration for your exercise routines. There are many five-minute video workouts on the channel that you could easily fit into your weekly routine.