Here Are the 5 Best Mobile Gaming Apps for Your Study Breaks

Stuck on campus with an itch to game? Whip out one of these mobile apps.

When it comes to finding the sweet spot between maintaining your hectic school schedule and your need for a little gaming release, compromise is key. With studying and library sessions constantly forcing you to leave your house, you’ll soon find that mobile gaming is the best way to give yourself a little gaming break, even if you can’t be in the comfort of your living room.

But, as college students, it can be hard to find the funds for lunch, let alone a slew of new video games. So we asked online gaming expert Ben Coleman, who is the editor of casin.com gaming portal, to help us assemble this list of the best five mobile video games available for free.
Whether you can only eke out a few minutes in between classes or you enjoy them so much you start playing even while you’re at home, these free mobile gaming apps are the perfect solution for the game-hungry college student.

1. Starburst

The only gambling app on this list, “Starburst” makes the top five for a handful of reasons. First of all, it’s a free way to make money. The game requires no payment during its extensive trial period, and users stand a good chance of making some serious profit.

Second, and more importantly for novice gamblers, designers built “Starburst” to mirror games like “Candy Crush,” which draw their appeal from the riddle of arranging and rearranging various geometric shapes, colors and patterns. The same sort of cerebral exercise is at play in “Starburst,” which adds a refreshing layer to the game. To check out “Starburst” and a number of other similar games, just visit bestonlinecasino.uk.

2. HQ

“HQ” soared into popularity earlier this year and quickly cultivated a fanbase of millions of users addicted to its simple, free premise: answer a series of trivia questions correctly and win a portion of the prize money.

In the era of the rapid Google search, “HQ” has managed to provide an uncheatable experience by giving users only 10 seconds to respond, as well as crafting the questions in such a way as to make a search engine check unhelpful. The result is massively popular game that hosts sessions multiple times a day, as well as special games with large jackpots on big nights. Plus, because it’s trivia, it’s like you’re studying anyway, except “HQ” stands a chance of paying your student loans instead of adding to them.

3. Pokémon Go

Another classic that swept the internet in the last few years, “Pokémon Go” has exhibited a tenacious staying power that seemed unlikely after the game’s initial fervor dissipated. When “PG” was first released, public service announcements flooded the airwaves, warning those out of the know how to deal with the impending hordes of Pokémon-seeking app users. For a few months in summer 2016, everyone and their mom was caught up in the crazy, but then things went quiet.

However, the game has enjoyed a tiny resurgence in popularity of late, and the reduction of players has actually made the game experience more enjoyable for anyone still trying to catch ’em all. Don’t believe me? Download the free game for yourself and venture out into the streets, where, despite the downtick in attention, the streets are still crawling with Pokémon just begging to get inside a Pokéball.

4. Oxenfree

Just in time for Halloween season, “Oxenfree” is a supernatural horror that follows a group of children as they try to uncover the truth about a mysterious island. The mystery game is the first on the list that relies heavily on narrative, as the other inclusions are much more superficial in their appeal.

“Oxenfree,” on the other hand, takes heavily into account the decisions of the user. In fact, the game intentionally lacks a way to start the game over; instead, each of your decisions leads to another outcome, and any pinch you find yourself in you yourself must find your way out of.

The game is perfect for anyone looking for a game that will keep them involved for a longer period of time, with the dialogue and story line drawing you back in time and again the same way a good novel will.

5. Hidden Folks

Unlike the other games on this list, “Hidden Folks” resembles “Where’s Waldo” more than any other modern game. The interface is monochromatic, and users are tasked with finding specific elements within a busy scene.

While hunting for an easy-to-miss character might sound stressful in some senses, the game requires such an intensity of focus on the task at hand that it actually works incredibly well to relieve your anxiety about the outside world. As such, despite the fact that the game’s core objective can be straining, the overall game experience actually ends up being incredibly relaxing.