three characters from Genshin Impact in an article about the Version 3.0 update

Genshin Impact Version 3.0 Offers Tons of New Features

The update introduces players to a new region, the final of the seven elements in Teyvat, an array of new characters and much more.

On Aug. 24, HoYoverse released the long-awaited Version 3.0 of Genshin Impact. The highlights of the version update include the Sumeru region, Dendro element, new characters, new artifact sets, new weapons and new quests. Prior to its release, Genshin Impact had uploaded three Sumeru preview trailers on its official YouTube channel titled “The Fascinating Dendo Element,” “Of Rain and Sand” and “Prelude to Wisdom.” However, none of the trailers could prepare players for the beauty of the new region. Since the release of the update, fans have praised Genshin Impact for its attention to detail with the design of Sumeru. Version 3.0 also introduces players to the final of the seven elements in Teyvat — Dendro — and it has proven to be a fun addition to the game.

Though the Version 3.0 trailer “The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings” shows an array of new characters, only three are playable at the moment: Collei, Tighnari and Dori. The newest version update also introduces two new artifact sets, Gilded Dreams and Deepwood Memories, which are both obtainable from Sumeru challenge domains. Players can also obtain seven new weapons, including the 5-star bow Hunter’s Path. The most exciting highlight of Version 3.0 for many players is the addition of two new Archon quests and one new story quest.

A New Region

One of the biggest highlights of Version 3.0 is undoubtedly the release of the Sumeru region. Sumeru is the Dendro region and is home to the finest scholars in Teyvat. The region is divided into two major areas: the Rainforest, which was released in the current version, and the Desert, which remains unavailable. Sumeru is also home to four new enemies, Eremites, Shroom-kins, Ruin Machines and Ruin Drakes; and two new bosses, the Electro Regisvine boss and Jadeplume Terrorshroom boss. In the new region, you can also find an array of puzzles and features such as Tri-Lakshana Creatures, Tri-Yana Seeds and Four-Leaf Sigils.

The Final Element

For a while, the Dendro element, also known as the plant element, was a mystery to Genshin Impact players. Now, Version 3.0 has introduced the new element along with seven elemental reactions. Dendro can create three basic elemental reactions and four advanced combinations. The three basic elemental reactions are Bloom, Catalyze and Burning. Bloom is a combination of Hydro and Dendro, Catalyze is a combination of Electro and Dendro, and Burning is a combination of Pyro and Dendro.

The four advanced combinations are Burgeon, Hyperbloom, Aggravate and Spread. Burgeon is the reaction that occurs when a Dendro Core comes into contact with the Pyro element. Hyperbloom occurs when a Dendro Core comes into contact with the Electro element. Aggravate is the reaction when an enemy with the Quicken Aura takes Electro damage. Lastly, Spread occurs when an enemy with the Quicken Aura takes Dendro damage.

Characters

Three new playable characters were introduced in Version 3.0: Collei, Tighnari and Dori. Collei is a 4-star Dendro bow character. On Aug. 22, her character demo “Collei: Sprout in the Thicket,” was released on Genshin Impact’s official YouTube channel. Collei can be obtained as a reward after the Graven Innocence event or through the wish banners.

The next character to be introduced in the new version was Tighnari, a 5-star Dendro bow character. Tighnari’s character demo, “Tighnari: Plant Patrol,” was released on Aug. 23. His character banner, “Viridescent Vigil,” was available during the first phase of Version 3.0, which ended on Sep. 9. However, players can still obtain Tighnari through the standard banner and other character banners.

The last new playable character in Version 3.0 is Dori, a 4-star Electro claymore character. Dori’s character demo, “Dori: Thank You for Your Generous Purchase!,” was released on Sep. 2. She is currently a rate-up character on Ganyu and Kokomi’s rerun banners for the second half of Version 3.0, and she will also be available in all future banners as a non-rate-up character.

Artifact Sets

Genshin Impact Version 3.0 introduces two new artifact sets, Gilded Dreams and Deepwood Memories. The Gilded Dreams artifact set can be obtained from the Spire of Solitary Enlightenment domain. The two-piece Gilded Dreams artifact set provides an elemental mastery bonus of 80. The four-piece set provides buffs to the character equipping the set based on the elemental type of the other party members. This set is a good option for characters that trigger elemental reactions and have a slow rate of attack from their off-field skills.

The second new artifact set, Deepwood Memories, can also be obtained from the Spire of Solitary Enlightenment domain. The two-piece set provides a Dendro damage bonus of 15%. The four-piece set also decreases the target’s Dendro RES by 30% after elemental skills or bursts hit opponents, making it a must-have for any Dendro-focused team.

Weapons

The only five-star weapon introduced in Version 3.0 was the Hunter’s Path bow. At level 90, its attack is 542 and the bonus crit rate stat is 44.1%. Hunter’s Bow is currently the best charge attack bow in the game. The weapon was obtainable through Epitome Invocation in the first phase of Version 3.0. Four-star weapons introduced in this version update include Fruit of Fulfillment, Forest Regalia, Moonpiercer, Sapwood Blade, King’s Squire and End of the Line.

Quests

For many players, the most exciting part of any big version is the addition of new quests. Version 3.0 introduces two new Archon quests and one new story quest. The Archon Quests, “Through Mists of Smoke and Forest Dark” and “The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings,” are related to the God of Wisdom and focus on the nation of Sumeru. Tighnari’s story quest, “Vulpes Zerda Chapter: Act 1,” can be unlocked after completing “The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings.”

Version 3.0 is the biggest version update since Version 2.0, which introduced the Inazuma region. Players are pleased with the new content and are already looking forward to what’s to come in future updates.

Cassandra Jenkins, Temple University

Cassandra Jenkins

Temple University

Hi! My name is Cassandra and I’m a senior journalism major at Temple University. I love reading, writing and playing video games.