Disney
Disney

The 5 Most-Anticipated Disney Movies Coming Out in 2019

Do you wanna see a moviieee? Come on, let’s go and waaattcchh!

No matter how old a person gets, you can never be too old to plop down on your living room couch with a buttery bowl of popcorn, TV remote in hand, ready to watch a Disney movie. Whether it be a classic like “Cinderella,” childhood favorites like “Toy Story” or newer films like “Coco,” Disney never seems to fail when it comes to bringing heart-tugging tales to the table.

In 2018, fans received a handful of movies like the long-awaited, 14-year sequel “Incredibles 2,” and “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” the sequel to the sweet “Wreck it Ralph.” While some of the new movies are sequels, 2019 already has a record lineup in the works. So get ready to save, because here are the most anticipated Disney movies for next year.

1. “Dumbo,” March 29

Directed by the film mastermind Tim Burton, this live-action remake will definitely be a sight to see for yourself. Just by watching the trailer, many will be left up to wonder how exactly this version will play out in comparison to its initial animation release in 1941. A mix of live-action and computer editing seems like it will be the case for “Dumbo.”

Upon seeing the trailer, viewers fall in love with the image of Dumbo himself (even though he is animated). With two young human kids as tag-alongs, played by Nico Parker and Finley Hobbins, they seem to be the ones who are primarily helping Dumbo out instead of Timothy Q. Mouse.

In fact, this film will pull at your heartstrings, evident by the clips that show Dumbo’s relocation and separation from his mother, and a very heartbroken, clown-faced Dumbo getting ready for his show to take on flight. This cast of Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Danny DeVito and many more touch on tragedy, sadness and suspense in the trailer, making it a must-see movie for spring 2019.

2. “Aladdin,” May 24

A live-action retelling of the original 1992 film, this remake has plenty to give to prove that it is so much more than just a diamond in the rough. As of now, only the teaser trailer has been released, but there are many references to the original movie. Starting in the sandy dunes of Agrabah with Iago’s shadow looming over the mound surfaces, the vibe is similar to the first movie, especially since the music is the same as the original soundtrack.

When night time comes, there is that all-too-familiar scene of Jafar and Aladdin approaching the massive tiger head entrance to the Cave of Wonders, repeating the “Diamond in the rough” mantra. And in Disney tradition, the revamp of the film audio with a jazzed clip version of the Genie’s own “Friend Like Me” is shown.

Since the death of Robin Williams, who played the iconic Genie in the 1992 film, it is hard to imagine the Genie being played by anyone else. However, Disney has done a great job at casting for the Genie after William’s passing, and this role will be filled by none other than Will Smith. Along with Smith, Princess Jasmine will be played by Naomi Scott, Aladdin will be played by Mena Massoud and Jafar by Marwan Kenzari. Be sure to find a sidekick best friend like Abu and unroll your magic carpets to head to Agrabah in a whole new world.

3. “Toy Story 4,” June 21

The teaser for “Toy Story 4” begins with beloved Woody happily dancing around, all grins, holding hands with someone. Then there’s Buzz Lightyear (that someone Woody’s holding hands with), Jessie, Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead, Rex, Ham, a little green alien and Slink.

Surprisingly, however, a new toy appears, a craft-time-looking spork character who is going on and on about how they “Don’t belong here,” and acts extremely panicked about whether or not they are real toys. In their panic, they quickly disassemble the circle, making a mess of everyone as they fall onto the other one by one, kicking each other in the face, toy pieces coming apart and Slink getting tangled up with everyone.

Much like “Aladdin” losing Robin Williams, the “Toy Story” cast took a hit when Don Rickles, the voice actor for Mr. Potatohead, passed away last April. There has not been word yet on who will be playing the voice of Mr. Potatohead, but fans can anticipate the final decision on this toy’s classic role.

4. “The Lion King,” July 29

With one of the most star-studded cast lists for any Disney movie, “The Jungle Book” will bring the pride lands to life in a way that has never been imagined before. If you have never seen “The Jungle Book,” Favreau’s work for “The Lion King” truly shines in the brief teaser trailer for the film.

As you see the familiar animated orange horizon open the movie, it is evident that he is well-versed in making scenery feel as real as possible. Starring major celebrities like Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé as Nala, Billy Eichner as Timon, Seth Rogan as Pumbaa and many other stars, this movie is destined to be simply amazing.

5. “Frozen 2,” November 22

As if the world wasn’t exhausted with jokes about building snowmen, Disney has set a date for “Frozen 2” to be released. There is unfortunately no official trailer or even teaser trailer out yet, and the plot concepts are still foggy, but so far everyone involved in the production has reported nothing but smooth sailing so far. Despite the lack of information given to the public as of now, it’s nearly certain that “Frozen 2” will be another box office hit for younger children and even adults.

You can never go wrong with watching a Disney movie, no matter the occasion. After March, though, be sure that you are ready to make a visit to your movie theater for each new Disney movie that is set to be released next year. Enjoy the instant classics!