Bachelor in Paradise

An Update on the Couples of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Months After Leaving Paradise

Some couples remain strong, others will break up or agree to just remain friends. Who will stand the test of time?

Season 6 of “Bachelor in Paradise” has been over and done for a few months now. The reality show has been notorious for its drama-filled episodes and emotional roller coasters. With all the wild rides these relationships took viewers on, it’s time to look at the ones that lasted and the ones that didn’t.

Hannah Godwin and Dylan Barbour

From the very start of the sixth season of “Bachelor in Paradise,” fans have been rooting for this power couple. It all began when Dylan Barbour fell head over heels for Hannah Godwin that first day on the beach in Mexico. Within the first week of meeting her, Barbour claimed to be all in for Godwin and announced that he wouldn’t stay in paradise for anyone else but her.

During week three of the show, Barbour’s plans to be with Godwin were in jeopardy when Blake Horstmann tried to steal her from him. During this, Barbour proved his feelings for Godwin were genuine. Unfortunately, Godwin started to grow infatuated with Horstmann while fans at home were rooting for the interloper.

Thankfully, Godwin chose to give her rose to Barbour, confirming her feelings were with him and not Horstmann. After this, the couple grew stronger, spending most of their time in paradise together. By the end of the season, Godwin and Barbour had become the most solid couple on the island. On their last day in paradise, Barbour got down on one knee and proposed to Godwin.  She said yes, and the couple left paradise engaged and seemingly in love.

Since then, Godwin has relocated to Los Angeles to be closer to Barbour and the pair even took a trip to Paris together. They also dressed up for Halloween together as Sandy and Danny from “Grease.” The couple appears to be happy, in love and moving forward with plans for their future together.

Demi Burnett and Kristian Haggerty

Demi Burnett and Kristian Haggerty met off-camera in Los Angeles in between Burnett’s time on Colton Underwood’s season of “The Bachelor” and Season 6 of “Bachelor in Paradise.” Prior to Burnett going to Mexico, she had not come out to the public as bisexual. She opened up to fans in the premiere episode where she told them about her girlfriend back home in LA, stating that she broke things off to come to paradise and meet new people.

In the first episode of Season 6 “Bachelor in Paradise,” Burnett began pursuing a new relationship with Derek Peth, a former contestant from Jojo Fletcher’s season of “The Bachelorette.” While things were off to a good start for the two of them, she expressed her feelings of missing this mystery girl from back home.

After talking things over with the show’s host, Chris Harrison, the producers decided that for the first time in history, they were going to bring someone to paradise who was not previously a contestant on “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette.” Haggerty surprised Burnett by arriving in paradise. The pair was then told by Harrison that they were invited to stay and continue to explore their relationship on the island, making more history as the first same-sex couple to ever appear on the franchise. The couple left the island engaged after Burnett proposed to Haggerty on their last day in paradise.

On Oct. 31, Burnett sent out an Instagram post to her followers revealing the status of their relationship. She wrote, “We ultimately want what is best in the long run and for us, right now, that means being apart and growing individually.” It seems that the engagement has been broken off and both Burnett and Haggerty are free to see other people.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4SrdiUBzKE/?hl=en

Katie Morton and Chris Bukowski

Katie Morton and Chris Bukowski had a slow start to their romance, starting as friends, before taking things to the next level several weeks into paradise. Their relationship was full of drama as they both struggled to express how they felt about one another.

As “Bachelor in Paradise” wound down, Bukowski and Morton finally seemed like they were in a good place. Bukowski proposed to Morton on the final day, which came as a surprise to many fans. On the “Bachelor in Paradise” reunion episode, Morton told the audience that she and Bukowski were still a couple but she wasn’t getting everything she needed from him as a partner.

Ultimately, the couple made up after Chris came on stage and joined the conversation. As of now, Morton and Bukowski are still together but spend much of their time apart. Will they continue to last or will they be the next “Bachelor” break-up?

Tayshia Adams and John Paul Jones

It first became clear that Tayshia Adams and John Paul Jones cared for each other after Jones confessed his feelings for Adams with a Shakespeare sonnet. They then began spending a great deal of time together and appeared to be getting very cozy. Fans of the show began to fall in love with this unlikely romance.

Mid-season, things got rocky when Derek Peth tried to pursue Adams after his breakup with Demi Burnett, causing a major feud between Jones and Peth. Adams ultimately chose to give her rose to Jones, and Peth went home.

Later, after discovering Adams had never attended prom, John set one up for her. He even arranged for her to be given a dress and get her hair and makeup done. John also invited the other remaining couples to join in on the fun. It was by far the greatest romantic gesture of the season.

The couple broke up when Adams couldn’t reciprocate Jones’ feelings as the season came to an end. Adams later realized she made a mistake and wanted to see things through, so she flew to Maryland to ask Jones for another chance. The couple announced that they got back together on the “Bachelor in Paradise” reunion show in September.

Unexpectedly, on Oct. 30, Adams announced that she and Jones had broken up once again. She told the public by posting a picture of them on her Instagram and wrote as part of the caption, “We truly did the best we could, but at this time it is best that we go our separate ways. We are the best of friends and will continue to remain in each other’s life regardless of the situation, we make each other happy.” The pair seems to have no bad blood but are still moving on with their lives separate from one another.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4QOpXAls0B/

Caelynn Miller-Keyes and Dean Unglert

Another unexpected romance on Season 6 of “Bachelor in Paradise” was between Caelynn Miller-Keyes and Dean Unglert. The first day Unglert arrived in paradise he asked Miller-Keyes on a date; the two hit it off right away. Within just a few days of meeting, they became an exclusive item. Fans were shocked when Unglert began getting serious about Miller-Keyes because of his former reputation as a player.

Their relationship hit a turning point when Unglert decided to tell Miller-Keyes that he wasn’t ready to settle down and made plans to leave paradise. Unglert left the show for several weeks and Miller-Keyes began a new relationship with Connor Saeli, a former contestant from Hannah Brown’s season of “The Bachelorette.” In the Aug. 27 episode of “Bachelor in Paradise,” Unglert returned to ask Miller-Keyes for a second chance. She decided to take that chance and left with him, leaving Saeli blindsided.

Since leaving paradise, Unglert and Miller-Keyes have been traveling around the country together. They also dressed up as each other for Halloween. The couple has been regularly posting updates on their social media to let their fans know they are happy. The future looks bright for Unglert and Miller-Keyes.