apps on a phone being held in someone's hand

10 Powerful Platforms for Building Apps in 2021

It's a new decade — you don't have to have your own team of web developers to make an application anymore.

Formerly almost entirely associated with gaming and information distribution, mobile apps are continuously gaining popularity. The development of apps has incorporated virtually every aspect of communications and augmentation. With retail services, Software as a Service, marketing and machine-learning options, mobile apps have become a valuable tool for both major corporations and small businesses alike.

It seems almost every industry has become dependent on mobile technology. The dating industry, for example, has shifted from speed dating to online websites. Those websites are now turning their attention from traditional websites to user-friendly apps in almost every niche. Users can find apps across the whole spectrum, from sugar baby apps to exercise apps, all boasting millions of active users.

While businesses originally had to hire developers to construct their vision, many online platforms are working to close the gap, whether through private purchase or drag and drop functionality. For those wanting to build an app, here are 10 powerful platforms to get the job done.

Zoho Creator

This multi-platform builder allows for both new app development and the manipulation of a ready-made app. Zoho is ideal for businesses wanting to simplify or automate tasks, particularly with app functionality that works with event management, logistics, sales management or similar operations. The drag and drop editor allows app development from a singular dashboard. It does provide integration options, including PayPal, Zoho, Quickbooks and Google Workspace.

AppSheet

Designed as a way to make apps tailored for your business, AppSheet doesn’t require a coding degree to get started. Simply choose a template to work with, complete with the features and options you’d like along with cloud-hosted data. You’ll be able to integrate data from multiple sources and add unique features like maps, GPS, code scanning and more. App development is free; however, the monthly pricing is per active user once the app is deployed.

Appery.io

As an established provider, this platform offers businesses and enterprises the ability to create their own apps. The platform is user-friendly, with drag and drop functionality. Built on an open-source platform, the same base can develop multiple apps, reducing the need for replication. Appery.io also allows flexible development depending on each enterprise’s needs. Pricing is dependent on the contract, so contact the company directly for a quote.

Appy Pie

Appy Pie aims to minimize the coding you need to complete as a mobile app development software platform. The company’s focus is to enable small companies to develop quality apps at a more affordable price than private teams. Appy Pie is entirely cloud-based, needing no installation to get started. The simple three-step process makes navigation effortless for all users. It has a drag-and-drop interface, making it user-friendly regardless of skill level. There are currently four price plans, depending on your needs. The basic free service will only produce games compatible with HTML5.

AppsGeyser

The AppsGeyser is designed to convert any web content into an Android app in only two steps. The codeless application allows users to create template-based apps based on the content pulled from web pages. They currently offer bundles for tabs, messaging, social sharing and more – making it a customized option for app development. There are both free and paid options available, charged monthly, depending on the user’s needs. Monetization is simplified with an easy-to-use format, making it a user-friendly concept from start to finish.

SellMyApp

Established as one of the first marketplaces of its kind, SellMyApp allows the buying and selling of mobile source code. With a wide variety of mobile development communities, there are countless options for small businesses and enterprises alike. The marketplace allows a simplified buying and selling process that will enable developers to work on the application, while sellers can work on the launch tasks. With more than five years of experience in serving customers, virtually any niche and industry can be supported. This platform caters to all project sizes, from simple concepts to in-depth applications.

Alpha Software

As a low-code app development, this platform is specifically tailored to enterprises wanting multiple platforms (on and offline). They cover all stages of development, including prototypes, deployment and more. The drag-and-drop interface combined with their coding panel offers unique customization options, complete with design for UX and UI. They support data streaming, task scheduling and geolocation, along with integration with any system.

Swiftic

Combining the standard drag-and-drop functionality with monetization options for the application, Swiftic believes in offering value on their platform. The company is very oriented toward businesses with various price plans to cater to varying budgets. Plans are based on a monthly or yearly option, with over 25 features available to users. Currently, the platform offers loyalty card support along with coupon functionality.

AppInstitute

This UK-based app developer offers the tools needed to develop your own mobile apps and white-label reseller integration. They’re familiar with virtually every industry, with cab services, comic books and international consultants being some of the current ones. A host of options are available for users, including push notifications, social networking and augmented reality. This builder uses a drag-and-drop functionality, complete with pre-made modules for those wanting a template. Multiple price plans are available, depending on the business’s specific needs.

ShoutEm

This platform is a powerful tool designed to create mobile applications for users without any coding skills. Whether eCommerce, advertising avenues or social applications, you’ll love the drag-and-drop functionality. Likewise, all changes are completed in real-time, with the ability to preview it natively. Apps are developed via HTML5 as the default price point; however, the sliding plans will include iPad, Android and iOS. On top of the effortless app development, analytics will track your application, monitoring active users, shout-outs, check-ins and sessions.