Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Top Athletes To Watch at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Get ready to see the best of the best compete this summer.

The summer 2020 Olympics will take place in Tokyo, and there will be about 11,100 athletes participating in 33 sports — five more sports than Rio de Janeiro 2016. However, there are some outstanding athletes to watch out for. Many of these athletes are established players in their respective sports and each of them will be gunning for gold.

Many bookmarkers, pundits and punters will be hoping to make more money on the success or failure of these star performers. Visit kladionice Srbija today to check out the sports games, betting tips and odds to win extra cash rewards during the Olympic Games coming up soon.

On the other hand, here are some of the top few athletes from around the world and across several sports that you can place your bet on with a good chance of recouping your money.

Top Five Athletes To Watch Out for in Tokyo 2020 Olympics

• Track & Field: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce – Jamaica
  • Swimming: Ariarne Titmus- Australia
  • Tennis: Novak Djokovic – Serbia
  • Basketball: Rudy Gobert – France
  • Soccer: Vivienne Miedema – Netherlands.

TRACK & FIELD: SHELLY-ANN FRASER-PRYCE, JAMAICA

Arguably the best and most anticipated sport in the Olympic Games. Ever since the Jamaicans have overshadowed the United States of America in the 100-meter race, both for the men’s and women’s categories, there is no going back. The six-time Olympic medalist and nine-time world champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is one of the greatest sprinters of all time and will be hoping to win the Olympic gold medal one more time.

Having won three straight gold medals at the Olympics between 2008-2016, the Jamaican sprinter at age 34 will be hoping to become the oldest sprinter to win the gold medal in the Olympic Games when the tournament begins in Tokyo later this year.

SWIMMING: ARIARNE TITMUS, AUSTRALIA

When it comes to swimming, Australia is always at the forefront. The 20-year-old Ariarne Titmus from Tasmania will be hoping to win her first Olympic gold medal in Tokyo later this year. Having bested Ledecky in the 400m freestyle final of the 2019 World Swimming Championships, Ariarne Titmus will be hoping to repeat the same feat in the Olympic games this year. Recently, Titmus won the gold medal in the Australian national competition in a 200m freestyle event and will be trying to achieve similar success.

TENNIS: NOVAK DJOKOVIC, SERBIA

The current World No. 1 and 19-time Grand Slam winner will be hoping to win his first-ever Olympic gold medal. In his last three Olympic appearances, the Serbian tennis player only managed a bronze medal. However, considering his current form and his two Grand Slam titles in this year alone, the 34-year-old Serb will be looking forward to more incredible success in Tokyo later this year.

James Trello, an expert in sports analysis, has recently disclosed how Novak Djokovic is determined to win the gold medal this year. This is echoed by the Serbian star some weeks ago when he declared that if he could change one match in his career, it would be one of his Olympic losses.

James Trello is known for his current and latest sports analysis, predictions and match tips. You can learn more about him here by checking his profile.

BASKETBALL: RUDY GOBERT, FRANCE

Surprisingly, the French international player is the one to talk about here. While there is no doubt that the U.S. team is always the best when it comes to basketball, the French team will also be using the talents and experience of Rudy Gobert. The Utah Jazz star will be one of the athletes to carry his national team toward Olympic victory. The NBA star is known for his dominant defensive force and skillful display. The eight-year NBA veteran averaged over 14 points and 13 rebounds per game to go along with nearly 3 blocks per game in the 2020-2021 regular season. France won a bronze medal at the 2019 FIBA World Cup and will be expecting to go a little further this summer during the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

SOCCER: VIVIANNE MIEDEMA, NETHERLANDS

Soccer during the Olympic Games might not be as popular as the World Cup; nevertheless, the women’s soccer competition is always one to watch out for. Of course, the United States women’s team will still be the team to beat. However, Vivianne Miedema will be the star everyone will be looking forward to carrying her nation to Olympic glory.

The reigning Football Writers’ Association Women’s player of the year has been in remarkable form for her country ever since she broke onto the scene. With 71 goals in 95 career appearances for the Netherlands national team at 24 years old, she is certainly a force to reckoned with. The Arsenal striker will be hoping to get past their loss to the USWNT in the World Cup final by winning the Olympic gold medal.