cricket in an article about betting on sporting events

The Top Upcoming Sporting Events To Bet on in 2021

Sports are back, along with some opportunities to make some money.

Although the 2020 sports betting calendar wasn’t so exciting, and we were all down for some virtual replacements, the major sporting events returned for 2021. After an eventless year, we’ve all been craving new sports betting opportunities. While this year may not be jam-packed with such opportunities, however, we’re still thankful for the major events coming back.

If you’ve just learned the ropes around betting and want to make your first-ever bet on sports this season, this article has got you covered. You can still try your hand at betting on the upcoming events of the year. Here are the opportunities you won’t want to miss.

The US Open Tennis Championship

Date: August 30 – September 12

Location: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, New York

The hardcourt tennis tournament promises great excitement for all tennis fans. Now that the 2021 US Open Tennis Championships are rolling around, tennis enthusiasts are getting ready to watch the industry masterminds compete for glory. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is all set to host the fourth major Grand Slam tournament. Even the art theme is ready. This is one of the most elite sporting events in the world of tennis to follow. Being the revived and modern version of one of the oldest tennis championships in the whole world — the U.S. National Championship — it is now chronologically the fourth Grand Slam Tournament (although in 2021 the sequence was a bit shifted). It brings together the great players of the WTA Tour and ATP Tour.

If you’re waiting to start your tennis betting journey, you’ve probably gone through some online betting platforms for the best odds. The hot favorite in the men’s draw of the season is Novak Djokovic, while the most probable winner of the women’s draw is Naomi Osaka. You can find out more by browsing the tennis odds in the pre-match section of online sportsbooks.

2021 Ryder Cup

Date: September 24-26

Location: Whistling Straits, Haven, Wisconsin

Thanks to Samuel Ryder donating the trophy, we have another wonderful sporting event in the world of sports betting. The 2021 Ryder Cup has come a long way to show the golf battle between the U.S. and Europe. It features 28 unforgettable rounds of golf and rivalry we’ve been craving since 2020 when the event was postponed until this year.

The event will take place at Whistling Straits in Wisconsin in September. If you are in the mood to do some golf betting go check the 2021 Ryder Cup odds first. They show that the U.S. is favored and will most probably lift the trophy; however, Europe is considered to be the leader after day one. All we can do to find out is to wait until the event kicks off and we can witness the golf rivalry of the year.

Among the most common bets to place on the 2021 Ryder Cup are correct score betting, betting on the top scorer, singles, four-balls or foursomes, etc.

2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup

Date: October 17 – November 14

Location: UAE, Oman

Cricket is all the rage in 2021, and the sports betting world is all set to boost the betting markets. The sport has its passionate fans among the cricket-dominant nations across the world who are waiting for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup to kick off. It is the seventh scheduled tournament that will take place in October 2021. India was first confirmed as the host country, but given the possible outbreak of a new wave of the pandemic in the country, the ICC eventually ended up in UAE and Oman.

Real cricket betting will start with the most-awaited rivalry of the tournament — India against Pakistan.  The T20 World Cup trophy brings together 16 teams to compete in a combined total number of 45 matches for getting their hands on the trophy.

2020 was a tough year for the industry and bettors alike. Now that the 2021 sports betting calendar looks much better, we need to support and give credit to our favorite players being back in the game. Stay tuned and keep an eye on the upcoming sporting events to bet on next.